Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150069 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5135) (5136) (5137) (5138) (5139) (5140) (5141) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2019
Thanks ma, I've seen two doctors and done scan which the result is ok.

The first said it's threatened abortion, I left him immediately.

The second said it's acid reflux since it's mostly from the upper abdomen but can suggest Amoxil incase of infection. He later asked me to wait for the pregnancy to mature before taking drugs.

I'll take lots of fluids. Thanks
kaffy4bill:

You are welcome on board..

Please see your doctor for the headache and cramps since it’s persistent ..

Ensure you take lots of fluids and rest well..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloryne(f): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2019
Sashafm:
All the sabi mamas please can someone recommend the best hospitals in lagos for childbirth and antenatal in Lagos. Hospital should be on lagos mainland please. I want an hospital with all the facilities, I am not a fan of going from one place to another doing tests and scans.Thank you in anticipation.
Currently I use Reddington Hospital, Ikeja for Antenatal. If it's covered under your HMO, perfect...cos antenatal package is 150k and it covers all tests, scans, all prenatal drugs, you'll be assigned to a particular OB/GYN who will attend to you during your appointments. I dont know about their childbirth process. This is just a suggestion.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2019
Cutemarvel:
Thanks ma and Amen to your prayers. You are nominated as the captain
Lol. Thanks but no pls. tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2019
kaffy4bill:

Not everyone get morning sickness as part of the package
Yes ma'am. I am aware. smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2019
Joyfulmama:
.... . ...
So since I missed my period I've been on duphaston twice daily and progesterone injection once in a week as my gynea prescribed. Then I'm taking pregnacare original. I stopped vit by at 7weeks.
Im always on Google because of the fear of no ms, but I get to know that some people are lucky not to have it.
I just decided not to scan this week because I do every week when I go for injection. I even went to another clinic to scan and without asking for my lmp the Dr gave me the exact weeks by my calculation and said my baby is fine. Though 2 days diff in Edd, I was given 26th before but the last one gave me 24th.
Sorry about your MS, it will soon pass and you will be slaying. Kisses
My Sis, abi oo. Well done jare. We wey use torchlight find pregnancy know we no dey joke with am. No fear again then. Continue to do your part and God will perfect everything. Amen. Take care. We will rejoice together at the end by His grace.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asasteve(f): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
Good morning blessed mamas, I've been a silent follower and I must confess you people are really doing a great work.
Am a FTM, Edd is February, hubby lost his immediate younger brother and as such we've been going through a lot of emotional trauma, sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night crying and I will be the one consoling him, at a time I was saying this is the wrongest time to get pregnant but I won't question God because this pregnancy gives him relief. Am 7 weeks gone according to my LMP but scan is saying 8 weeks. So far I thank God for no Ms just that I eat and sleep a lot coupled with my breast that gives me a lot of pain

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lemonadewifey: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2019
Cappo Habbeyoluwa, where art thou? I dreamt that you gave birth o cheesy cheesy cheesy. This your silence is making me believe that my dream is coming to pass.
July mama's, how are we o? The waddling right now is out of this world. How can someone be comfortable in one small space? I can't wait o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
Please mamas, is there anything special about registering for antenatal and delivering in a government hospital? Someone advised me to do that. Naturally i not a fan of government hospitals cos of their queues and staffs with bad attitude. I am registered with a private clinic that's very good. The person makes it look like there are things they do in teaching hospitals that private clinics dont do. Abeg i need insight especially from mamas who registered at both private and public hospitals. I can't imagine the stress of going to any govt hospital for anything except it's highly necessary. What do u people think?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Habbeyoluwa: 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Cappo Habbeyoluwa, where art thou? I dreamt that you gave birth o cheesy cheesy cheesy. This your silence is making me believe that my dream is coming to pass.
July mama's, how are we o? The waddling right now is out of this world. How can someone be comfortable in one small space? I can't wait o

Hahahah my sister, thanks for checking up.. My phone no gree rest with calls back to back.. Maybe my late DAD dey bundle gift for my Prince (I pray so), this one his taking his time.. Your dream will surely come to pass, thnx a lot sis..

Am sorry have been MIA, the waddling process is real.
May we all testify soonest#TeamJuly.. Wishing us all a quick and safe delivery..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mamas bikonu are my the only person dat don't have all this morning sickness and other pregnancy symptoms

Except for painful boobs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
LadySarah:

It will end in praise,Amen.
Pls be positive and Dont entertain any dort of fear.TheGood lord will complete the beautiful Work he started in You.
Amen sis. I have rest my mind. I now see myself as one of the lucky ones without ms. But my sore nipple is not from here, nothing can touch it I will scream
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
Gloriousheart:

My Sis, abi oo. Well done jare. We wey use torchlight find pregnancy know we no dey joke with am. No fear again then. Continue to do your part and God will perfect everything. Amen. Take care. We will rejoice together at the end by His grace.
Amen. Thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
Redberyl:
Please mamas, is there anything special about registering for antenatal and delivering in a government hospital? Someone advised me to do that. Naturally i not a fan of government hospitals cos of their queues and staffs with bad attitude. I am registered with a private clinic that's very good. The person makes it look like there are things they do in teaching hospitals that private clinics dont do. Abeg i need insight especially from mamas who registered at both private and public hospitals. I can't imagine the stress of going to any govt hospital for anything except it's highly necessary. What do u people think?
You are not alone. I don't plan using general hospital too. But if our seniors can enlighten us about the advantages of GH maybe I can consider it sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:
Mamas bikonu are my the only person dat don't have all this morning sickness and other pregnancy symptoms

Except for painful boobs
Rest your mind dear, you are not alone. That's the only symptom I have too. Though at spitted @7wks but it doesn't last more than a week. But till now I don't feel pepper taste in my mouth, everything tastes pepperless..
Enjoy it and count yourself lucky

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Joyfulmama:

Rest your mind dear, you are not alone. That's the only symptom I have too. Though at spitted @7wks but it doesn't last more than a week. But till now I don't feel pepper taste in my mouth, everything tastes pepperless..
Enjoy it and count yourself lucky

Ok ooo thanks actually I am on 6weeks. I wanted to do scan today but d Dr told to wait till next week cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
Joyfulmama:

You are not alone. I don't plan using general hospital too. But if our seniors can enlighten us about the advantages of GH maybe I can consider it sha

Left for me I am using isolo general hospital and also a Private hospital incase. But I prefer gen hospital anyway
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
Joyfulmama:

Abi o. The stories i hv heard abt govt hospitals are quite scary.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sashafm(f): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
Joyfulmama:
Sashafm how are you doing? Hope the cramping has stopped. Are you still on bed rest? The lord will make the journey easy for you
I am better now. The cramping has stopped.Thanks alot. Amen for us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
What works for A may not necessarily work for B

I don't like govt hospitals, I cannot go and queue from morning to night then one nurse will now be shouting on me or telling me to go and do test in kafanchan (it may not be this bad but that's my perception). I have used and will use my private hospital only

If you are comfortable with the care and experience of your doctors and nurses please stay there and keep them in your prayers for wisdom to manage you and delivery process

Redberyl:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
hunniesuzie:
What works for A may not necessarily work for B

I don't like govt hospitals, I cannot go and queue from morning to night then one nurse will now be shouting on me or telling me to go and do test in kafanchan (it may not be this bad but that's my perception). I have used and will use my private hospital only

If you are comfortable with the care and experience of your doctors and nurses please stay there and keep them in your prayers for wisdom to manage you and delivery process

Thanks a lot, this is exactly how i feel o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sashafm(f): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
Gloryne:

Currently I use Reddington Hospital, Ikeja for Antenatal. If it's covered under your HMO, perfect...cos antenatal package is 150k and it covers all tests, scans, all prenatal drugs, you'll be assigned to a particular OB/GYN who will attend to you during your appointments. I dont know about their childbirth process. This is just a suggestion.
Alright.I might consider them too . Although one of my friends had a nasty experience with then during childbirth when the doctor mistakenly sew her anus with the tear. I am considering St. Nicholas in Maryland though.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
You are welcome to team February, wish you happy and healthy bumping. I pray the Lord will see your family through this time.

Thank God you are MS free, please don't pray for it because it usually visits around week 8 to 12
Asasteve:
Good morning blessed mamas, I've been a silent follower and I must confess you people are really doing a great work.
Am a FTM, Edd is February, hubby lost his immediate younger brother and as such we've been going through a lot of emotional trauma, sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night crying and I will be the one consoling him, at a time I was saying this is the wrongest time to get pregnant but I won't question God because this pregnancy gives him relief. Am 7 weeks gone according to my LMP but scan is saying 8 weeks. So far I thank God for no Ms just that I eat and sleep a lot coupled with my breast that gives me a lot of pain
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
Wait till you are through with week 8 to 12. The hormones might have increased their work then
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Except for painful boobs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gratefulme40: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Except for painful boobs

You are not the only one dear. I didn’t have any at all except for sore boobs. At a point I was wondering if this pregnancy is actually real that when I had my 1st scan, I asked the sonographer “ so there is really a baby in there”. Will be 22weeks by Saturday and so far all is well. All scans and blood tests show baby is find and doing good.

Just flex your symptomless pregnancy and thank God for it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missyblissy: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Except for painful boobs

Count your self lucky. It's not a wonderful experience. I didn't experience it except for headaches and painful boobs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mamas pls how much does it cost for trasviginal scan TV's
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
missyblissy:

Count your self lucky. It's not a wonderful experience. I didn't experience it except for headaches and painful boobs.

Okoooo
gratefulme40:

You are not the only one dear. I didn’t have any at all except for sore boobs. At a point I was wondering if this pregnancy is actually real that when I had my 1st scan, I asked the sonography “ so there is really a baby in there”. Will be 22weeks by Saturday and so far all is well. All scans and blood tests show baby is find and doing good.

Just flex your symptomless pregnancy and thank God for it

Ok let me chilax
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EvangelistMFM(m): 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
Treat ulcer naturally..Free delivery to any part of Nigeria..08146369059..08183438706

1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Redberyl:
I prefer private hospital anytime any day. Just look for a good one around you and trust God that you will be alright. The wahala for general /government hospitals no be here unless you have energy to face them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Redberyl:
Please mamas, is there anything special about registering for antenatal and delivering in a government hospital. I can't imagine the stress of going to any govt hospital for anything except it's highly necessary. What do u people think?
Nothing is really special except the fact that government hospital especially teaching hospitals gives you access to different qualified medical personnel. Private hospitals will usually hire auxiliary nurses except few of them that would hire qualified nurses. Sometimes last year, in a notable private hospital in Ibadan, a single nurse was on duty attending to a woman in delivery room, those at post natal ward, and also in the theatre for an emergency CS. It was not a pleasant thing to behold. I was really scared for the woman in the delivery room...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sashafm(f): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Gloryne:

Thank you.I might try them out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5135) (5136) (5137) (5138) (5139) (5140) (5141) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.