Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8199450 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5178) (5179) (5180) (5181) (5182) (5183) (5184) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tofi3: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
hotmomma:

Are u taking sufficient calcium? Had sethimg like this with my first baby at 19 weeks and cac1000 did d job for me. Consult ur doc tho, you're almost there.
Thanks so much for replying me,am so grateful. I will get the calc1000 ASAP.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 12:01am On Aug 16, 2019
flourishing247:

LMAO. ROTFL!!! You've not changed.
Oven is closed!!! How are you doing?

I'm great Ma, how your gang? Please breeze in more often.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by somehow: 8:22am On Aug 16, 2019
How do you get wifey to eat? She's loosing weight and mostly don't eat. she throws up 50% of the time.

Now in 2nd tri but still don't eat much
.. Any advice from those who passed through same experience?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2019
somehow:
How do you get wifey to eat? She's loosing weight and mostly don't eat. she throws up 50% of the time.

Eyaa. Let her try to eat little at a time. Once she starts feeling nauseous or getting a bit filled up, she should stop eating till another time. Let that one digest first. She shouldn't force herself to finish food or continue eating. Water can also be taken little at a time. Then if she can, let her brush very early in the morning when there's no food in her so she would not throw up the food as brushing brings on vomiting for some. Or she can brush later in the day or night long after eating n the food has long digested. She can also be eating foods she likes no matter what. If it's fried plantains and yams o like me, it's good. Look for what she can tolerate and let her eat it often. This was how I coped though mine wasn't as severe as 50%. Things are better now in my 2nd trimester.

If all these fails or doesn't help, don't hesitate to consult with her doctor for an appropriate drug to suppress the vomiting or/and intravenous drips for strength. Baby and her has to eat no matter how. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
somehow:

I understand what she’s going through because I went through same with my first from week 6 to the 16th week.
The most important thing is to ensure she stays hydrated. She should try and take a lot of fluids because she is losing much as well.
She can take loads of fruits like water melon which is filled with fluid. Just little portions at a time.
She can also take tea with some ginger which can be soothing.
It may not seem like it now but it will surely get easier.
Our journeys will end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by somehow: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Anapuao:

I understand what she’s going through because I went through same with my first from week 6 to the 16th week.
The most important thing is to ensure she stays hydrated. She should try and take a lot of fluids because she is losing much as well.
She can take loads of fruits like water melon which is filled with fluid. Just little portions at a time.
She can also take tea with some ginger which can be soothing.
It may not seem like it now but it will surely get easier.
Our journeys will end in praise.

Thanks for the tips

Issue is that she hardly get used to any particular food/fruit for long. They stay in for some days until the body starts rejecting most of them again.

B. Kola and garden eggs are what hasn't failed her in this era of vomiting.

So yours stopped at week 16? its about a week to her 16th.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Queen1(f): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
I salute all mamas in the house. Team January how market na? the Lord is our strenght. please for mamas who reside in Jos who has used Juth before, or presently registered there. how is their service there?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wakes: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
somehow:

Let her take infused fruits water. Check Youtube for how to make them.
Give her ginger to take too.

This will alleviate the challenge.
Blessingz!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
somehow:

Thanks for the tips

Issue is that she hardly get used to any particular food/fruit for long. They stay in for some days until the body starts rejecting most of them again.

Oh! I feel her pain. Yeah, mine stopped at 16weeks. I’m on my second journey and I haven’t had any episode whatsoever (9 weeks today).
Don’t hesitate to discuss with your doctor on her next appointment. There maybe little they can do except encourage to try take something or if the level of dehydration is much, they can give her intravenously.
You’re doing exactly what she needs SUPPORT. Keep on doing that sir. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Honeysweetest(f): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
somehow:

Thanks for the tips

body differs, am 18 weeks now, mine stopped entirely,I was too thin in my early week,I vomit everything except yam,when I brush I vomit,when I drink water I vomit all, it was hard but thank God is over,so hers will pass soon,just keep encouraging her, e no go kill her. to be a woman no easy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 1:11am On Aug 17, 2019
Super belleful women una Weldon ooo.

Abeg wetin happen to our Bumpy Tuesday? It's like it ended with class of May 2019. Abeg make una bring it back.

Prayer Monday too.

Sharp sharp delivery to all that are due.
More grace for all that Ms is playing with.
Baby dust to all still waiting for the blessedness of fruit of the womb. Amen.

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gratefulme40: 1:17am On Aug 17, 2019
November mamas.... like joke like joke, we yaff entered 3rd trimester.

Thank you God
We are getting closer and closer

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ruthiegal: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Yes oo. I really can’t wait to offload. Sleeping has become something else.
gratefulme40:
November mamas.... like joke like joke, we yaff entered 3rd trimester.

Thank you God
We are getting closer and closer
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2019
2pretty4u:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

My prince made his grand entry today 11th of August at 12.45pm. birth weight 2.9kg

Thanking God for swift and safe delivery. Wishing everyone swift, safe and tear free delivery.

BS coming soon.

Cc: motic2

Congratulations mama, thank you for giving me a birthday mate...God will be with him always
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 8:11am On Aug 17, 2019
Joyfulmama:

Teamie, I feel same way o. Very energetic now and at times wonder if I'm still pregnant but my bump is growing everyday. I was able to use my abandoned cream today. Thank God for the journey so far.
Other January mama, I hope you are all doing great also?
Maybe we should start our roll call next week?

I'm doing fine in the Lord but my bebe (according to my 2 year old son) cannot even keep it secret.

Everybody now know I am preggy, chai I started showing at 3months...i am just scared of what will look like at full term.

Emmmmh I still having nausea oooo and I get easily filled up with food,me that I am natural foodie..I dare not eat as usual.

Abeg what can I use for indigestion? Cause sometimes the food will just come and stay in my throat and refused to go down

Am scared ooo I can't really feel lo's movement? Don't mind I am a second time mum but I am just anxious.

Lo have decided to make vjay her grin home.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaimasomkene: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2019
dharyor1234:

I'm doing fine in the Lord but my bebe (according to my 2 year old son) cannot even keep it secret.

Everybody now know I am preggy, chai I started showing at 3months...i am just scared of what will look like at full term.

Emmmmh I still having nausea oooo and I get easily filled up with food,me that I am natural foodie..I dare not eat as usual.

Abeg what can I use for indigestion? Cause sometimes the food will just come and stay in my throat and refused to go down

Am scared ooo I can't really feel lo's movement? Don't mind I am a second time mum but I am just anxious.

Hmmm. This indigestion dealt with me in my first trimester and early second trimester. I didn't know when it stopped. However from 33 weeks it came back with a vengeance. I am battling serious indigestion and bloating now. Nothing worked for me oo. Mama endure. It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
Motic2, how are you dear?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
amorprincesa:
Motic2, how are you dear?

Amorprincesa contraction just make me gentle plus the fact that I'm anxious to meet baby ooo have tried many things but the contraction pattern has changed thou no be beans at all
I pray it progress faster smiley smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AyPortable1(f): 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
motic2:

Amorprincesa contraction just make me gentle plus the fact that I'm anxious to meet baby ooo have tried many things but the contraction pattern has changed thou no be beans at all
I pray it progress faster smiley smiley
We await your testimony teamie..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by playces: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
BA/BRIEF BS!
Sorry fellow mamas this notification is coming a bit late. I had to use my husband's phone to share the excitement. Big Prince was born on 12/8/19
Delivery Method: Induction leading to Successful Natural Birth
Weight: 4.4kg at 40weeks 2

Brief Birth Story: Pregnancy was very smooth and stressfree apart 4rm the first 3months of vomiting and the usual.

On 10th of Aug (my EDD), i barely slept. I was having a fever, diarrhea, vomiting with little contractions. I got worse by 9am so, i decided to go into the hospital. I was checked and the nurses said i was 2cm dilated with very soft cervix.

Fast forward on Sunday (11th August), i was booked for induction by 10pm. Everything went smoothly with Mistropol inserted. I went into active labour by 8:40am (12th August) with water busting and that was when i knew i was in labour.
Omo mehn, i saw contractions back to back. Kai!. Next thing nurses asked for my hospital bag nd started arranging for baby only to check and they said i was only 3cm dilated. Blood of Jesus!
They said i ought to dilate at 1cm every hour but God knew i couldn't. Next thing, baby pooed and the nurse quickly put hand inside to pack out the poo immediately. The doctor and the nurse came and started talking about if baby had swallowed shit, the heartbeat will drop and i will need CS. I started to pray.
God answered me ooo... Because with all my prayers + Gibberish + grabbing of my husband, i had an active labour of 8:40am- 10:47am. My big prince was welcomed at 10:47am with no pain relief. With a small cut which was stitched.

Mama and baby doing wonderful.
*Drop Mic*

Induction was vry swift and positive
Abeg make you mama's no fear.

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
dharyor1234:

Antacid does it for me. The suspension one does it better for me. Pele, it will soon come to an end.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
playces:
BA/BRIEF BS!
Sorry fellow mamas this notification is coming a bit late. I had to use my husband's phone to share the excitement. Big Prince was born on 12/8/19
Delivery Method: Induction leading to Successful Natural Birth
Weight: 4.4kg at 40weeks 2

Brief Birth Story: Pregnancy was very smooth and stressfree apart 4rm the first 3months of vomiting and the usual.

Wow congratulations teamie baby issa big big boy
Abeg is this your first this your birth story is so encouraging were you not given tear as well?
On 10th of Aug (my EDD), i barely slept. I was having a fever, diarrhea, vomiting with little contractions. I got worse by 9am so, i decided to go into the hospital. I was checked and the nurses said i was 2cm dilated with very soft cervix.

Fast forward on Sunday (11th August), i was booked for induction by 10pm. Everything went smoothly with Mistropol inserted. I went into active labour by 8:40am (12th August) with water busting and that was when i knew i was in labour.
Omo mehn, i saw contractions back to back. Kai!. Next thing nurses asked for my hospital bag nd started arranging for baby only to check and they said i was only 3cm dilated. Blood of Jesus!
They said i ought to dilate at 1cm every hour but God knew i couldn't. Next thing, baby pooed and the nurse quickly put hand inside to pack out the poo immediately. The doctor and the nurse came and started talking about if baby had swallowed shit, the heartbeat will drop and i will need CS. I started to pray.
God answered me ooo... Because with all my prayers + Gibberish + grabbing of my husband, i had an active labour of 8:40am- 10:47am. My big prince was welcomed at 10:47am with no pain relief. With a small cut which was stitched.

Mama and baby doing wonderful.
*Drop Mic*

Induction was vry swift and positive
Abeg make you mama's no fear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Misi16: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
BA
My princess arrived on 16th August by emergency c section, weighing 4.5kg. Mother and baby are doing fine BS coming later

27 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
Misi16:
BA
My princess arrived on 16th August by emergency c section, weighing 4.5kg. Mother and baby are doing fine BS coming later
Congrats teamie. Welcome to the world lil princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
BS
I return all glory to Almighty God for a successful 9 months journey. After the birth of my daughter, I started trying for another when she was a year and 4months, all to no avail. People started reminding me how my daughter needs a brother blah blah blah.. As the Lord pleased, I conceived when she was few months to being 3 and the journey began.

First trimester didn’t really come with much wahala asides this wicked heartburn that never disappeared till delivery. I started all manner of exercise for baby to come earlier, little did I know baby had his plans. At 40wks 3 days, I went for antenatal and doctor said “we would have to do what we could to get baby out if you don’t fall into labour before your next appointment “. It rang in my head ...this is induction. Later that evening, I strolled like I never did. This particular strolling eh, if you add up all the strolling I did, e no reach this one at all grin and by 11:03pm, I started contracting��. I kept timing it and we finally left for hospital at 1:27am.

I was checked (Oh those nurses��, very painful something) and was 6-7cm dilated. I was like good news, in my head kpatakpata 5am I go born��. Bearable contractions kept coming till about 4am then the real labour pains set in. My water was busted and serious contractions started coming back to back. When I was fully dilated, I was asked to push at the next contraction, hmm, I pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed... my spicybaby finally came screaming down the whole delivery room at 8:18am weighing 4.3kg.
Placenta was delivered and I was sutured.

Congrats to my fellow teamies that have birthed their los and more grace to the remaining waddling mamas. Baby dust to as many who are still in God’s waiting room�

Bs submitted
cc motic2

42 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Queen1:
I salute all mamas in the house. Team January how market na? the Lord is our strenght. please for mamas who reside in Jos who has used Juth before, or presently registered there. how is their service there?

Juth is ok from what I heard.just that govt hospitals and plenty protocols.aside that,the hospital is ok as you get to see very good doctors
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
Good day mummies how are we all doing pls has any mummy used Nystatin pessary (it is used to control creamy and mild odor discharge)before? My doctor prescribes it for me but am scared to use it. Am 32wks now please sabi mummies help me chill mouth @motics2,@amorprincesa @joyfulmama @kaffy4bills

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
Congratulations ❤️
Misi16:
BA
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TiffanyJ(f): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
Good evening everyone. I'm at a crossroad now. Between prince and princess diapers and mofix, which is better? I went to the market today and got confused. Someone told me that Prince and Princess is good but then I need honest reviews from sabi mamas.
By the way, I'm a first-time mom
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yewande1234(f): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
TiffanyJ:
Good evening everyone. I'm at a crossroad now. Between prince and princess diapers and mofix, which is better? I went to the market today and got confused. Someone told me that Prince and Princess is good but then I need honest reviews from sabi mamas.
By the way, I'm a first-time mom
try molfix ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
I didn't use thisninsert. It was nystatin cream I used for the itching because mycoten wasn't working.
Surulady:
Good day mummies how are we all doing pls has any mummy used Nystatin pessary (it is used to control creamy and mild odor discharge)before? My doctor prescribes it for me but am scared to use it. Am 32wks now please sabi mummies help me chill mouth

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Congratulations dear! Welcome baby
Misi16:
BA

(1) (2) (3) ... (5178) (5179) (5180) (5181) (5182) (5183) (5184) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.