Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8136275 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5209) (5210) (5211) (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2019
Pearl05:

The baby is almost 3 months old as at then. The family is constrained economically ma. It's heart breaking when your child is feeding and all your thinking is how to get the next meal for him. It can push someone to depression.

The man need the reassurance that giving the baby pap is not abusing nor denying him all the nutrients he requires as long as they do it the right way. I did so by choice then not because am having issues with buying the formula.

May the Lord help us in raising the little ones He entrusted in our hands. Amen.
In this thread you've recommend
Orange water for newborn
Coconut water for newborn
Pap for newborn
It haf do, and we should edit the thread title and rename it 'pregnant women and native doctors'.
You're missing the point that just because you gave something to your baby and he survived it doesn't mean it's now food to be recommended for babies.

@ the bolded, giving a baby that young pap is indeed abusing him and denying him all the nutrients he needs, what nutrients are in pap. Especially since the baby doesn't even have the luxury of breastmilk like your own baby did.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumDiamond: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2019
Good morning mamas! Please I need your advice.

This is my first pregnancy, and i’m in my early second trimester. The changes i’ve been experiencing is nothing close to what I was told.

I hope everything is fine with me. I don’t eat anymore. I hardly have appetite for anything. The only thing I can eat is Yam and palm oil. If I eat anything else, I’m throwing up within 30 minutes leaving me very weak. I can’t eat beef, chicken, turkey, goat meat, Pomo, fish, eggs(boiled or fried) or even assorted. I think I eat moi moi once in a while, and maybe bread and tea.

Any other food sends me vomiting. I thought pepper was the problem but I took pepper soup last weekend and still vomited it. I really don’t want to lose weight because of this food habit. I don’t use perfumes anymore. In the office, I don’t use the kitchen when everyone else is there, because the smell of different food sends me to the restroom.

Is everything fine with me? Are there drugs I should be taking? The only drug I take at the moment is Pregnacare. Please mamas, help me. Is this normal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 10:51am On Sep 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

Orange water for newborn
Pap for newborn
It haf do, and we should edit the thread title and rename it 'pregnant women and native doctors'.
You're missing the point that just because you gave something to your baby and he survived it doesn't mean it's now food to be recommended for babies.

@ the bolded, giving a baby that young pap is indeed abusing him and denying him all the nutrients he needs, what nutrients are in pap. Especially since the baby doesn't even have the luxury of breastmilk like your own baby did.

OK I don hear no vex and thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2019
Honeysweetest:
your trying to create fear on people is wrong too, it happened to you,is not for all,I believe everything God created is good,that nothing he created will harm me or my children,this ma is when I stand and nothing will prevail against it.
Am not creating fear in anyone, what am saying is please try and give babies things that are Age appropriate,if you want give your day old child pap,no wahala,God created corn abi.Wisdom is the principal thing.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 11:28am On Sep 17, 2019
Giddyperson wants to born the whole Biafra people. This really cracked me up grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaffi2(f): 11:34am On Sep 17, 2019
It is well oo. I'm sure the man that asked the question initially now knows what to do. We understand how the economy is at the moment. (Tougher for some people) but please I think we have cheaper formulas for babies, (you said yours is just 11weeks or so, still too young). May God provide for us all, it's not easy but he will make it easy In Sha Allah.

On the other side.....how far my team Nov people, how waddling cry we are almost there by His grace. kiss Now na duck waka we dey do, it is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Welldone mama. You're doing awesome. We dey here counting down.

How did I not know you were team January, Amali would soon have birthday mate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2019
MumDiamond:

This is my first pregnancy, and i’m in my early second trimester. The changes i’ve been experiencing is nothing close to what I was told.

I hope everything is fine with me. I don’t eat anymore. I hardly have appetite for anything. The only thing I can eat is Yam and palm oil. If I eat anything else, I’m throwing up within 30 minutes leaving me very weak. I can’t eat beef, chicken, turkey, goat meat, Pomo, fish, eggs(boiled or fried) or even assorted. I think I eat moi moi once in a while, and maybe bread and tea.

Any other food sends me vomiting. I thought pepper was the problem but I took pepper soup last weekend and still vomited it. I really don’t want to lose weight because of this food habit. I don’t use perfumes anymore. In the office, I don’t use the kitchen when everyone else is there, because the smell of different food sends me to the restroom.

Is everything fine with me? Are there drugs I should be taking? The only drug I take at the moment is Pregnacare. Please mamas, help me. Is this normal?
Pele, it's all part of the pregnancy package. I think pregnacare is okay. You should have started antenatal by now, they would add more routine drugs when u need them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moaba(f): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
I'm doing great capo. My skin is even starting to glow again. Thank God! Help me beg baby to show sex o.
Joyfulmama:
UPDATED ROLE CALL FOR TEAM JANUARY.
Please notify me if I missed or omitted any, it may be oversight.
We are leading 2020 while others follow kiss
Wishing us happy waddling

Monika ................................ Edd.................... Sex
1)Joyfulmama..................... 24th /26th
2)Omankem..........................10th
3)dharyor1234..................... 24th...................... XX
4)Redberyl............................16th
5)Honeysweetest................ 15th
6)Queen1............................... 2nd
7)nebsunshine.......................5th
8 )hunniesuzie........................9th....................... XY
9)quin9....................................9th........................XY
10)Moaba...............................11th
11)ebonyjoke..........................2nd
12)Debclem............................7th........................ XY
13)uche23..............................29th
14)simababe........................ 20th
15)wumgold..........................17th
Hope you're doing great and flexing in your 2nd trimester.
Wishing us easy and smooth journey.

#Teamnewyearbabies#
#januaryfornoloss#
#teamsupernaturaldelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
MumDiamond:

You are fine!
All na pregnancy package.
I just entered the 3rd trimester and I'm still unable to eat meat.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

Orange water for newborn
Pap for newborn

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
zaynie:
I'll just put this here.

When you come to an online forum to seek for advice, be ready to put a sieve on it as you will get pros and cons but at the end of the day the decision is yours.
I have been on this thread for about 5 years now and my eyes have seen! They don't call me mama zaynie for nothing.
I have seen pregnancies.. Not one, not 2, not 3 not 4 not 10 lost all because a mama took peppersoup or nkwobi or Pineapples. That list of don't eat we made, we didn't do it from sleep. We did it to help others keep their pregnancies.
I have seen newborns not one or 2 lost to jaundice and we have found a way to at least prevent or reverse it.
We have found how to treat cough in babies without using drugs. How to ease colic in babies, how to treat rashes, how to stop stooling even if it is viral!
We have a countless list of what you can give your baby even if you're as poor as a church rat and we support financially if we can confirm you're genuine.

Just because you got 'lucky' doesn't mean everyone will.
I took lots and lots of zobo in my first pregnancy and my son developed a heart defect, upon reading on it I saw zobo in early pregnancy had a hand in it. I never knew about his heart till he was almost 2 and I never would have made the link if I didn't make that research.
I took pineapple in my first pregnancy and nothing happened, I did in my second and contracted all night, my sister in law took it and had her baby the next day.
I know a ttc mom that took peppersoup earlier in pregnancy and lost her baby.
These things happen.

About giving your baby food or not, it's actually your call, it's better to increase the formula intake of that child. And yes, you can give pap, in fact at a point I was called Ogi Voltron on this thread, but let it be from 4m up. Or you increase your food intake so that breastfeeding can be smoother. So, instead of giving a 2m old light pap, ejoor eat more, produce more milk and supply that poor baby all the nutrients and fats and protein he would never get in pap.

I know it's never easy raising a child but put in mind that they never asked to be born, you decided to have unprotected sex, you chose to stay pregnant, to chose to carry that baby for 10 months. It was your choice.
So do whatever you can do in your power to provide milk for this child for at least 6m before you supplement.
Know that it gets easier, so hold on for just a little more time.

May we never lose our child.
Àmin.

Thank you for this. God bless you

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moaba(f): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
Sex is XX
Joyfulmama:
UPDATED ROLE CALL FOR TEAM JANUARY.
Please notify me if I missed or omitted any, it may be oversight.
We are leading 2020 while others follow kiss
Wishing us happy waddling

Monika ................................ Edd.................... Sex
1)Joyfulmama..................... 24th /26th
2)Omankem..........................10th
3)dharyor1234..................... 24th...................... XX
4)Redberyl............................16th
5)Honeysweetest................ 15th
6)Queen1............................... 2nd
7)nebsunshine.......................5th
8 )hunniesuzie........................9th....................... XY
9)quin9....................................9th........................XY
10)Moaba...............................11th
11)ebonyjoke..........................2nd
12)Debclem............................7th........................ XY
13)uche23..............................29th
14)simababe........................ 20th
15)wumgold..........................17th
Hope you're doing great and flexing in your 2nd trimester.
Wishing us easy and smooth journey.

#Teamnewyearbabies#
#januaryfornoloss#
#teamsupernaturaldelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ayaoye:
Evening mamas.
Please need some answers..... I am currently 5-6 weeks and I have been experiencing severe back pain. Can this be attributed to the pregnancy? Do I need to see the doc? Can this be jedijedi? Has anyone experienced it?

Please note that my first pregnancy was without back pains. Thanks for your reply

Its not jedijedi sis, its the pregnancy. My last pregnancy i also experienced this terrible low back ache that can last a minute or 2 at different intervals of the day especially during the early part of the pregnancy. But with this, i haven't experienced anything of such so i say "different pregnancy, different package" but if it bothers you much you can see your doctor. i see you are team May 2020 too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumDiamond: 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

Pele, it's all part of the pregnancy package. I think pregnacare is okay. You should have started antenatal by now, they would add more routine drugs when u need them.

Hmm... Okay o. Thanks, can’t wait to start eating the whole house down.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumDiamond: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
jazzyjazz:

You are fine!
All na pregnancy package.
I just entered the 3rd trimester and I'm still unable to eat meat.

Wawu... Mummies are trying o. The Lord is our strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
MumDiamond:

Wawu... Mummies are trying o. The Lord is our strength.

Yes o.
Not easy. See me now, 3rd trimester and still suffering from severe morning sickness that never left. From day one my toilet has been my bestie cheesy and oh this is my second pregnancy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
There is no right way to give an 11 week old pap ma. There is none! Giving Pap IS abuse and denial of nutrients AT THAT AGE. Pap from 4 months is fine, before then is an absolute NO

Please, I'm talking to you like this because you seem reasonable unlike Ignoramus dietician lite that has been responding rubbish up and down. God will continue to provide for us to care for our children, and people who can help in platforms like this and others will continue to reach out to provide CONCRETE support to people that need it when it comes up

I know people have been desperate enough to give foods that are not advisable. my point is, don't suggest risky stuff to people cos it turned out well for you. If it doesn't work out for this person due whatever risks directly or indirectly, you are responsible for giving such advise

Some children were force fed and nothing happened to them, some were force fed and choked to death. Some people lay their children on their tummies to sleep with no issues, some children go from there to Baba God...I will always avoid giving advise that has been contraindicated by experts and medical professionals because children are precious, I cannot replace anybody's own as I'm not even the one who gave myself the ones I have

If that makes me an oversabi, so be it, but there is no excuse for wallowing in ignorance, we all learn everyday

Ire oh

Pearl05:

The baby is almost 3 months old as at then. The family is constrained economically ma. It's heart breaking when your child is feeding and all your thinking is how to get the next meal for him. It can push someone to depression.

The man need the reassurance that giving the baby pap is not abusing nor denying him all the nutrients he requires as long as they do it the right way. I did so by choice then not because am having issues with buying the formula.

May the Lord help us in raising the little ones He entrusted in our hands. Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
Such a serious studunt

Better ask them at the hospital, some of us repeated the course

Anugod:

cry cry cry You're not nice embarassed embarassed embarassed

Abeg you pipo should epp me. I took my 4th TT in February this year and I'm supposed to take the last next year February before Giddyperson infected me with this communicable infection angry undecided angry

What do I do now? Do I just wait and take that normally or do I start afresh? cry cry

To think that when I went to take the 3rd and 4th and they asked me "are you pregnant?" I would roll my eyes at them before replying No. It's now their turn to roll eyes at meembarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2019
Jazzyjazz see your sister

Doh, It's part of the package. Just eat what you can eat, stay hydrated and take your prenatals. I've observed that pregnacare makes some people nauseous (with Tablet like human head), do you want to switch prenatals? It will mean more tablets but smaller sized. Talk to your doctor

Sorry mama

MumDiamond:

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
When is his birthday sef?

Giddyperson:

How did I not know you were team January, Amali would soon have birthday mate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lmao you dey monitor oh

Musa is now looking for another job and wants to leave the gate because the things his eyes have seen ehn grin grin grin

Giddyperson:

Orange water for newborn
Pap for newborn

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
hunniesuzie:
When is his birthday sef?

Jan 3
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2019
Team October hope we are ready...pls mummies is eggs safe for me to eat at this stage? Because this don’t take this don’t take that has tired me oo undecided and boiled egg just Dey hungry me

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adetayomrs18: 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
BA!!! My baby boy landed on Sunday morning at exactly 6: 30am. Labour was something else but God took control. I will share my testimony later. Thanks everyone for your love, care and prayers. SD to all expectants mum.

37 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gratefulme40: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
Surulady:
Team October hope we are ready...pls mummies is eggs safe for me to eat at this stage? Because this don’t take this don’t take that has tired me oo undecided and boiled egg just Dey hungry me

Is egg never unsafe? I have basically been on egg diet since this pregnancy ooooo....... lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gratefulme40: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adetayomrs18:
BA!!! My baby boy landed on Sunday morning at exactly 6: 30am. Labour was something else but God took control. I will share my testimony later. Thanks everyone for your love, care and prayers. SD to all expectants mum.

Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hmmmm

Giddyperson:

Jan 3
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adetayomrs18:

Congrats!!!
May your child be all you prayed for and some more.
Àmin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
DaCharis2016:
Pls o i want to ask some gurus here to help me out.

We haven't being breastfeeding our 11 weeks new born baby, cos we were advised not to since we couldn't afford hepatitis B vaccine for breastfeeding the baby.
So we ve being buying formula (lactogen1) more, and economically is telling on us. And recently my wife started mixing the formula with lite pap. But I seem not to like it.

Help advise me from profession/experience.

Hi
So a mama here has offered to send a carton of lactogen 1 to you but we will need an address to send it to.
Send me a PM please.

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Honeysweetest(f): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
nneejima:

But you are indirectly forcing it on people dear by your comments, that it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for others. Exactly this same argument was what happened to a friend about using antimolity syrups for babies, she has been using it for all her kids for colic until she delivered her 4th child this year and bought it to use as usual. that baby has done 2 surgeries (intestinal obstruction and intusucception) under 5 months of birth. I don't wish u such an experience. The same God and Bible said that obedient is better than sacrifice,never advise people to do it because they may not scale through if the complications arise. Please don't quote me again, Ike adirom
I couldn't even read all this your long comment,is on u if u think that whenever people try to say their opinions,it means choking it down their throats,do I know you,y will I force u,I saw something I don't like,I spoke against it,I never said do like I did,u gave ur opinion,and u think urs is the one people will listen to,am sure u will say u re not forcing it on people,but I won't think like u, I did not call u,u decided to get stucked with my comment. well u can still mention me again,am done with u.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
zaynie:

Hi
So a mama here has offered to send a carton of lactogen 1 to you but we will need an address to send it to.
Send me a PM please.
God bless the giver abundantly biko.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5209) (5210) (5211) (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.