Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,326 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8180903 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5330) (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prudify25: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Wow, your length is perfect.

Really thanks....b.t.w. What is the antidote of worry? I worry a lot about everything and anything and doctor said its not good for the baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutewifey: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good afternoon, has anyone taken Arthemed anti malaria drug before in early pregnancy. I'm 9weeks pregnant and down with malaria, the doctors gave me Arthemed, paracetamol and Amoxycilin tablet for me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Christianaoha: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
kokaiye:
lol.... I guess u dnt lik drugs at all.... Its wat ve bein using n i dnt gt d smell of d drugs at all.... Just manage ehn pls, 4 d baby ehn so dt baby wil ve enough oxygen, irons n oda good nutrients... U hear?! It will end in praise... I wont lie 2 u, its nt easy but its worth it.

Amen Sis! Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
Prudify25:

Really thanks....b.t.w. What is the antidote of worry? I worry a lot about everything and anything and doctor said its not good for the baby.

Please dont, thank God you dont have complications.

Enjoy your pregnancy, it's a wonderful experience. Just know that God will complete what he has started. If you are a Christian listen to Christian songs. You can share your concerns here, always talk to someone.

Look up baby things online, it will make you excited.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
Christianaoha:
Good evening everyone,

My name is Christy, am 4 months preg. Pls I have a question for the house. From day one of my pregnancy been taking folic, f sulphate and vit c, after a while I couldn't stand it so I started taking it sometimes once in two days or three days. Yesterday a friend introduced me to obron 6 that she used it when she was preg, she's a nurse so I trusted her and also asked the doctors at my last antenatal and they approved. Is it really safe to take obron 6 during pregnancy? Cos Google is not helping matters.

Thanks and sorry for the long write up.
If obron 6;is a local (Nigerian) drug, you may not find much review online.
Yes,it was popular in the late 90s and early millennium.
There are many brands of prenatal,if you aren't comfortable go to health plus or big pharmacy and choose the brand you like.
Some mothers also give birth taking routine only.
Any multivitamin you choose,just be diligent in taking them.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
kokaiye:
i will advice u 2 kick against eating anything raw especially drinking of egg raw which have dis bacteria called salmonella dt can cause danger 2 u n ur baby... There r many ways to increase ur pcv, like i learnt here eating of garden egg leave (will advice u 2 cook it n not eat it raw, thou sm mamas eat it raw but u know our immune systems r stronger dan one anoda) but i dont take garden egg leaves thou, i ve bein eating gure (water leave) n eating ugwu almost every week (i cooked them as normal soup n eat dem wit anything) 2 boost my pcv... Eat as much as possible.... If u drink milk, u baby is gonna b big, so stay away frm milk... I ve given u 3 different vegetables dt u can take 2 increase ur PCV n dey nva disappoint.... N mind u dont forget to take ur prenantal vitamins too. Happy bumping kiss kiss
So if one takes milk, baby will be big?
I think emphasis should be on quantity and frequency. Not calling milk bad outrightly.
Many factors make a baby big.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
spixytinxy:
Hello everyone, am stil in my first trimester, morning sickness has stop since yesterday, am worried, is it not too early? Tot it was suppose to stop in second trimester. Pls help a worried ftm
Enjoy, the free period while it lasts.
However, you can visit your doctor,if it worries you alot.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Christianaoha: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
hapiness44:
Good morning mamas.. did my first scan today (8 weeks gone) and everything is fine with my baby. But they discovered 8 multiple fibroids, the biggest reading 3.9cm in size. Conclusion reading early intrauterine cyesis with coexisting uterine fibroids

I have never had abnormal periods so wondering if this is a result of too much hormones.

Anybody with same experience? And in the interim, what should I do before my antenatal starts.
Thanks Mamas...

Good day Mama, I did my last scan when I was 10 wks and the scan result was: fibroid mass in the anterior wall measuring 2.9 X 2.6. I showed them doctors they said I had nothing to worry about. That it was small and was not of any harm to my baby.

Take your scan result and show it to your doctor at your antenatal they will tell you what they can do.
All in all just keep praying and declaring that fibroid will not take the place of your baby.

It will end in praise for the both of us . Amen

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
Prudify25:

New hobbies,new crafts,new projects e.g. crocheting baby's cap ,songs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
spixytinxy:
drinking, d very sour one.
Thanks. Will give it a try
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapiness44(f): 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
Christianaoha:

Good day Mama, I did my last scan when I was 10 wks and the scan result was: fibroid mass in the anterior wall measuring 2.9 X 2.6. I showed them doctors they said I had nothing to worry about. That it was small and was not of any harm to my baby.

Take your scan result and show it to your doctor at your antenatal they will tell you what they can do.
All in all just keep praying and declaring that fibroid will not take the place of your baby.

It will end in praise for the both of us . Amen

Amen. Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
May 2020 mamas, How una dey o.
Pweetiebabe
Amarisa
Nnekaike
SlimBrawnie
ProfAmah
MamaDG
lioha
Sysengr
Prudify25

Just checking on you. Pop in and say hi. It is well with us kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
miraclebaby:
Thanks. Will give it a try
you welcome dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iamfruitful: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
Pearl05:

Just relax, pray and be calm. It could be implantation bleeding. You will come out victoriously. Congratulations.

Thank you ma, will relax!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iamfruitful: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
Bluefin:

Haha you better not give yourself unnecessary stress! Did you put the life in you? Now you are pregnant take note that it is faith that will carry you through the nine months. The only thing you can do is pray, take your prenatal vitamins, rest and eat well. 5 weeks is far too early to bother about this and you are probably just having implantation bleeding and are less than 5 weeks pregnant. I remember going to the Obygyn after i discovered i was pregnant- at 8 weeks she was like i am not going to bother you with a scan since we probably wont see anything anyways. Dont stress and let the will of God be done.

Thanks a lot ma, will do as you advised!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
spixytinxy:
Hello everyone, am stil in my first trimester, morning sickness has stop since yesterday, am worried, is it not too early? Tot it was suppose to stop in second trimester. Pls help a worried ftm

Biko pls just visit the hospital... morning sickness don't just stop a day it takes little by little then it stop and also it is too early for it to stop if u said u are just 8 weeks gone and that if u are really sure u are having morning sickness there is no way it stop dat soon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
bolded is false please

Milk is a good natural source of calcium, if you can stomach it (without heartburn or nausea) take milk. As with all foods, eat healthy portions and don't overindulge

kokaiye:
i will advice u 2 kick against eating anything raw especially drinking of egg raw which have dis bacteria called salmonella dt can cause danger 2 u n ur baby... There r many ways to increase ur pcv, like i learnt here eating of garden egg leave (will advice u 2 cook it n not eat it raw, thou sm mamas eat it raw but u know our immune systems r stronger dan one anoda) but i dont take garden egg leaves thou, i ve bein eating gure (water leave) n eating ugwu almost every week (i cooked them as normal soup n eat dem wit anything) 2 boost my pcv... Eat as much as possible.... If u drink milk, u baby is gonna b big, so stay away frm milk... I ve given u 3 different vegetables dt u can take 2 increase ur PCV n dey nva disappoint.... N mind u dont forget to take ur prenantal vitamins too. Happy bumping kiss kiss

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please follow your doctor's advise carefully. In most cases especially with small fibroids, they are discovered in prenatal scans. Mine was as well and I never had abnormal periods. Your doctor will monitor and manage and all will be well

hapiness44:
Good morning mamas.. did my first scan today (8 weeks gone) and everything is fine with my baby. But they discovered 8 multiple fibroids, the biggest reading 3.9cm in size. Conclusion reading early intrauterine cyesis with coexisting uterine fibroids

I have never had abnormal periods so wondering if this is a result of too much hormones.

Anybody with same experience? And in the interim, what should I do before my antenatal starts.
Thanks Mamas...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Oh nice, how were you managed. What medications were you on. I am currently on bed rest.
If there is no threat, like bleeding or contraction, your routine drugs should be fine. But if there is your Doc is likely going to administer progesterone. Just work with your Doc and all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graced2018: 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Mine was below 3cm and also open. Also, i was spotting blood, which is what prompted my visit to the hospital in the first place. If you are not spotting and the pregnancy is by no means considered high risk, please dont think too much of this.

Pregnancy comes with a lot of uncertainties but by God's grace, we will overcome all of it and it will end in joy.

Yes, your cervix appears to be ok.

Prudify25:

I want to know about this cerclage thing, at what length is it necessary, mine was 5-7cm from the last scan and the doctor said my cervix is okay.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Biko pls just visit the hospital... morning sickness don't just stop a day it takes little by little then it stop and also it is too early for it to stop if u said u are just 8 weeks gone and that if u are really sure u are having morning sickness there is no way it stop dat soon
still use to feel tired but not like before, den d bitter taste is still in my mouth but garri ijebu is dere to d rescue, den d feeling like dere is something in my throat has reduce. I still can't stand d smell of perfume and still can eat rice which use to b my best food. Intend going to d hospital tomorrow before so will see d doctor

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
PraisesG:

So if one takes milk, baby will be big?
I think emphasis should be on quantity and frequency. Not calling milk bad outrightly.
Many factors make a baby big.
i dnt knw y u people like 2 b arguing blindly... Yea, i repeat.... takin milk mkz d baby big everybody knwa dt... Is it bcs i said she shldnt tak it at all is wat is paining u ni abi wat?! N where did u c it in my quote dt i said milk is bad...??!! Pls oo... Dnt come here n attack me bcs u cnt digest my quote well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moaba(f): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
Morning sickness can stop for q week and come back with a vengeance o. Or you might be lucky.
spixytinxy:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
hunniesuzie:
bolded is false please

Milk is a good natural source of calcium, if you can stomach it (without heartburn or nausea) take milk. As with all foods, eat healthy portions and don't overindulge

mama... Pls, wu doesnt knw dt milk is a source of calcium.? Almost every food we take ve calcium in it so y gulpin on milk cs of calcium wen it may most likely mk d fetus weigh more dan u want.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
Moaba:
Morning sickness can stop for q week and come back with a vengeance o. Or you might be lucky.
haaa, vengeance ke, I pray I yam lucky ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
Na wa o! All I can say is, new preggy mamas, PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF YOURE NOT SURE OF ANYTHING. NAIRALAND NO BE HOSPITAL cos the kind of advice I'm seeing here scares the shit out of me I swear!!!

Congratulations to the new mums. May God bless your babies

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
spixytinxy:
haaa, vengeance ke, I pray I yam lucky ooo

Morning sickness can go and come back worse.
Be happy if you're not having it.
If you're worried, see your doctor
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
I've given up abeg, I no talk again. Everybody will be fine and birth healthy babies by God's grace. Sha be careful the advice you take from this thread

jazzyjazz:
Na wa o! All I can say is, new preggy mamas, PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF YOURE NOT SURE OF ANYTHING. NAIRALAND NO BE HOSPITAL cos the kind of advice I'm seeing here scares the shit out of me I swear!!!

Congratulations to the new mums. May God bless your babies

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Why you put full stop? Abeg retype wetin you fess type jor. angry

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
I no fit laff jare. Na to just dey jump and pass posts sure pass o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Onijogbon like you, better go and find antenatal hospital. I have resigned biko. Wetin I sabi? Abeg everybody face your belle and pikin

Anugod:
Why you put full stop? Abeg retype wetin you fess type jor. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5330) (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dijaaa, StephOkemini and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.