Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124639 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lizzylois(f): 4:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Jesus has done it for me o..Help me thank God..my Lo came 3:15 am.weighing 3.2kg. A bouncing baby boy..Hes indeed a faithful God.bs later..

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 5:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Lizzylois:
Jesus has done it for me o..Help me thank God..my Lo came 3:15 am.weighing 3.2kg. A bouncing baby boy..Hes indeed a faithful God.bs later..
Congrats ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 6:19am On Jun 16, 2015
Iffffffy:
Mamas, pls whoelse has rhesus negative blood group, the doctor was just making some rants I didn't really understand and that was somehow scary, nurse kaffy4bill, pls come to my aid o,

Rhesus Neg here. They will give you a Rhogam shot (I'm getting 2, one before and one after birth). No worries (but not to be scary, but do you have a close contact with the same blood group as you, nearby? Always good to know one).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 6:30am On Jun 16, 2015
marygold:
My fellow mama's,abeg refresh my memory again.What and what do we pack in hospital bags?

errrrr lemme think...

toiletries and a towel
2 nighties (one that has easy access in the top front for breastfeeding)
Comfy loose dress for going home in
slippers
Lansinoh or Shea butter (for cracking nipples)
phone charger (people are constantly forgetting this one)
i know my hospital mentioned Imeperial Leather soap and talcum powder, baby clothes for taking baby home in
receiving blanket
disposable panties and thick sanitary pads or underwear for elderly people (for the bleeding afterwards)

can't think of any more right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HARMYMY(f): 6:32am On Jun 16, 2015
Keji3:
My people una well done o....congrats to all our new mamas God bless ur families and help make vigilante easy for y'all and those of us porting to vigilante soon and i welcome all new members may God make the ride easy for you. My july people how una dey? This last lap is not funny @ all o sometimes sef i feel as if my laps will come off my legs and the veejay pain hen no be here. I cant wait mehn infact i now count to 38 weeks cos i dont think i can survive this till 40 weeks o. Pls is there any thing to help relieve this pelvic/laps/veejay pain?

Sorry dear we are almost their! Nay bam I dey use massage . May God grant use easy delivery Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2015
Onegai:

Rhesus Neg here. They will give you a Rhogam shot (I'm getting 2, one before and one after birth). No worries (but not to be scary, but do you have a close contact with the same blood group as you, nearby? Always good to know one).
Hi Onegai, Could you pls share why you are taking 2 shots (At 28weeks and after delivery?) I am #JustCurious. During my first and second pregnancy I took only one shot at each, and that was after delivery. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2015
JustCurious:
Hi Onegai, Could you pls share why you are taking 2 shots (At 28weeks and after delivery?) I am #JustCurious. During my first and second pregnancy I took only one shot at each, and that was after delivery. Thanks.

Doctor's orders. I think it depends on your hospital but it's standard practise where I registered to give one shot before and then one shot after (depending on if the baby is rh+). I took my first shot after 30 weeks (my initial hospital didn't mention it to me sef).

I've read that you're even meant to take it after an abortion, miscarriage because of a chance of blood-mixing.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 7:18am On Jun 16, 2015
marygold:
My fellow mama's,abeg refresh my memory again.What and what do we pack in hospital bags?

To add up to Onegal's list, here's what i got recently from the hospital:
1 Flask
1 Big Shawl
1 Big Towel
1 Small Towel
1 Packet of Cotton Bud
1Bottle of Olive Oil
4 Baby Dresses
2 Pairs of Stocking
Baby Powder, Lotion, Soap, Oil
Baby Combs
Baby Cup and Spoon
Glucose Powder
Methylated Spirit (Mopson)
1 Bottle of Dettoil Lotion
Pampers

Items for Mother
1 Towel, Night Gown
1 Pair of Slippers
Sanitary Pad (Lady Sept)
Bathing Soap and Sponge
1 Roll of Cotton Wool
2 Wrappers with Blouse
Beverages

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2015
Onegai:

Doctor's orders. I think it depends on your hospital but it's standard practise where I registered to give one shot before and then one shot after (depending on if the baby is rh+). I took my first shot after 30 weeks (my initial hospital didn't mention it to me sef).

I've read that you're even meant to take it after an abortion, miscarriage because of a chance of blood-mixing.
Thanks for your prompt response. I appreciate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by okeoghene4real(f): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2015
favoredgal:

Antacids are safe in pregnancy. I suffered terrible indigestion with my first baby and it was gaviscon that helped me all through.

Google it and check gaviscon website it says safe for pregnancy.

Get a second opinion from another doctors though

Thanks dear. Will do that
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2015
favoredgal:

You will just take a shot after delivery to prevent antibodies from fighting your next baby

You can google it for more info
thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Lizzylois:
Jesus has done it for me o..Help me thank God..my Lo came 3:15 am.weighing 3.2kg. A bouncing baby boy..Hes indeed a faithfuk God.bs later..
congratulations, may he be a source of joy to your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 9:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Lizzylois:
Jesus has done it for me o..Help me thank God..my Lo came 3:15 am.weighing 3.2kg. A bouncing baby boy..Hes indeed a faithfuk God.bs later..
Congrats mama. May he bring u joy all d days of ur life.May God keep him strong and healthy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2015
Onegai:

you mean in case I will need blood transfusion? I don't know of any yet
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 9:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Onegai:

I already had a miscarriage
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2015
Gudmorning beautiful bumping mamas.pls i need advice on any natural supplement/methods I can use in relieving dis vagina discharge wit foul smell & mild itching.I'm 10weeks n my app is not due till nxt week.I hav history of recurrent yeast infection.wen I was 4 weeks d last HVS I did showed it.I treated bt now its back.its like meeting with DH triggers it afterwards.pls help.don't know if vjay pessaries are safe now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:24am On Jun 16, 2015
favoredgal:

Check the policy of the airline you will be flying. Most of them limits pregnant women from the 35th week

Okk, thanks mama, I will do that
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2015
Lizzylois:

Congratulations mama, God bless him and the family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:53am On Jun 16, 2015
tatacherie:
Gudmorning beautiful bumping mamas.pls i need advice on any natural supplement/methods I can use in relieving dis vagina discharge wit foul smell & mild itching.I'm 10weeks n my app is not due till nxt week.I hav history of recurrent yeast infection.wen I was 4 weeks d last HVS I did showed it.I treated bt now its back.its like meeting with DH triggers it afterwards.pls help.don't know if vjay pessaries are safe now.

What I do is to sit on hot water and salt, and a mama also recommend honey (Original one ), I tried and it work. You put the honey on veejay and leave for 15min then rinse it with warm water.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 10:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Iffffffy:
I already had a miscarriage

As carrier of the Rhesus Factor, you are expected to take the RhoGAM shot immediately after miscarriage, abortion etc. If you missed taking this, then, you'd need undergo a lab test to know if you are sensitized, already or not. Also, knowing the Rhesus group of your foetus would be appropriate. As this would help you/your Dr. to take informed decision.

During pregnancy, It's usually advisable to take a shot at 28weeks and another within 72 hours after delivery. (though, i wasnt aware of the 28th week shot until recently) smiley #BestWishes.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2015
mumsgirl27:

What I do is to sit on hot water and salt, and a mama also recommend honey (Original one ), I tried and it work. You put the honey on veejay and leave for 15min then rinse it with warm water.

Thanks a lot mama.pls do u have idea on use of garlic wen pregnant?I mean inserting a clove or crushing n adding to a drink.I worked for me wen I hadn't taken in but I don't know if it cud have negative effect on foetus now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks mama

JustCurious:

To add up to Onegal's list, here's what i got recently from the hospital:
1 Flask
1 Big Shawl
1 Big Towel
1 Small Towel
1 Packet of Cotton Bud
1Bottle of Olive Oil
4 Baby Dresses
2 Pairs of Stocking
Baby Powder, Lotion, Soap, Oil
Baby Combs
Baby Cup and Spoon
Glucose Powder
Methylated Spirit (Mopson)
1 Bottle of Dettoil Lotion
Pampers

Items for Mother
1 Towel, Night Gown
1 Pair of Slippers
Sanitary Pad (Lady Sept)
Bathing Soap and Sponge
1 Roll of Cotton Wool
2 Wrappers with Blouse
Beverages

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2015
HARMYMY:

Sorry dear we are almost their! Nay bam I dey use massage . May God grant use easy delivery Amen

Amen thanks sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks dear

Onegai:

errrrr lemme think...

toiletries and a towel
2 nighties (one that has easy access in the top front for breastfeeding)
Comfy loose dress for going home in
slippers
Lansinoh or Shea butter (for cracking nipples)
phone charger (people are constantly forgetting this one)
i know my hospital mentioned Imeperial Leather soap and talcum powder, baby clothes for taking baby home in
receiving blanket
disposable panties and thick sanitary pads or underwear for elderly people (for the bleeding afterwards)

can't think of any more right now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by twingirls: 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
At last, I'm so happy for the grace to join this thread, I'm on my third missionary journey and has been SERIOUSLY trying to conceive for 3yrs + before God decided to promote me. I am porting from the ttc thread. I hope am welcomed.

I congratulate all mamas that recently put to bed, may God protect the LOs and for pushing mamas, we shall hear the cry of babies and laughter of mothers in Jesus name

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lizzylois:

Congratulation mama...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
twingirls:
At last, I'm so happy for the grace to join this thread, I'm on my third missionary journey and has been SERIOUSLY trying to conceive for 3yrs + before God decided to promote me. I am porting from the ttc thread. I hope am welcomed.

I congratulate all mamas that recently put to bed, may God protect the LOs and for pushing mamas, we shall hear the cry of babies and laughter of mothers in Jesus name

Congrats mama n welcome on board...Amen 2 ur prayers! Wishing u a stress-free 9 months.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sheweezy(f): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
tatacherie:
I think you should complain to your doctor. I had vaginal discharge almost truout pregnancy, sometimes smelly but never itchy, was told it was candida something, I was given cream( clitorimazole) at early stage and at 3rd trim I was given drugs to insert.
I can relate with the discomfort you r feeling, to help again, always ensure you r dry at all times, meaning get a panty liner u can wear so your panties don't get wet, change the liner often. Don't wear too tight clothes, easy on jeans and other tight trousers, sleep without panties for fresh air. Hope these helps.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
tatacherie:
garlic works wonders

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
tatacherie:

Thanks a lot mama.pls do u have idea on use of garlic wen pregnant?I mean inserting a clove or crushing n adding to a drink.I worked for me wen I hadn't taken in but I don't know if it cud have negative effect on foetus now.
it is very safe that is what I used during my pregnancy and I was fine

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
tatacherie:

Sis sorry o! I'm going through the same thing o! i am 28 weeks and hv been itching and having foul smelly discharge. i went for antenatal yesterday and i was told to take augumentin and clotrimazole. Mummies abg is it oky? make una reply me abg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithfulwife(f): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hello mamas, I'm a FTM and ported from the IVF thread. Been a silent reader but decided to officially join this thread today. I am 11weeks and I must say I have learnt a lot just by reading through everyone's experiences. @Tatacherie, regarding the discharge, l'm experiencing the same thing and when I visited the clinic, I was given KLOVINAL vaginal pessaries for 6 days. Pls experienced mamas is this OK?

**Congratulations to all our mamas who have given birth and wishing those next in line a successful delivery.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.