Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141540 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
katchycouture:

This is what I use, it is 5mg folic acid

Picture! Perfect. Now I know what to look out for. Thanks, sis.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
katchycouture:

Oh really?? I never knew, thanks I will definitely reduce it this time by force due to the Corona scare, yeah I'm also happy to have a pretty buddy, .. I think it is appropriate to wish us Ijeoma ( safe journey to December). Cheers

Safe journey to December, in Jesus' Name! cheesy kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aitee1: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mzora:
Team July...how is the pregnancy journey so far...

Not easy my dear but by His grace we shall get there, today marks the beginning of my 3rd trimester and I'm like shooou this journey still far oh, meanwhile I can't stand up on my own again and na floor dey sweet me to Sidon or lie down pass...na sorry be my second name sef grin

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ProfAmah: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Prudify25:

Thanks sis, God bless you.

You are welcome sis. Amen.
I hope you are recovering well?
How is our princess doing?
Hope you are giving her a royal treatment?
She is the madam for now o. grin
That reminds me, how are you coping with visitors and well wishers during this pandemic?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ProfAmah: 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Angeltolly my capping, how u dey? Hope u never port leave us o, cos as u see me so to port dey hungry me am tired stylishly but in all i pray for God's will to prevail....

All teamie(Team May for easy delivery) how ia d waddling

My sister, it hasn't been so easy especially with pelvic pain. Its like I sit, stand and walk with pain down there.

I went for a walk last evening. Kitted up in combat shorts, big t-shirt and face cap feeling chick and sportish. At some point, I saw my walking steps through my shadow, o gal, I was really waddling cheesy Na so I come dey form cat walking to reduce the waddling o grin

Well, God has been faithful. I can't repay him for His grace thus far. I am more than confident that even as we all are counting down to meeting our precious ones, He would grant us overwhelming joy, baskets full of testimonies and the joy and fulfillment of motherhood in Jesus' name.

19 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Supama: 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hi mamas,
I am having malaria symptoms and I was given arthemed by the doctor.

Is it safe for 11 weeks pregnancy?

This is first time mum. Abeg who get idea about am.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
ProfAmah:

My sister, it hasn't been so easy especially with pelvic pain. Its like I sit, stand and walk with pain down there.

I went for a walk last evening. Kitted up in combat shorts, big t-shirt and face cap feeling chick and sportish. At some point, I saw my walking steps through my shadow, o gal, I was really waddling cheesy Na so I come dey form cat walking to reduce the waddling o grin

Well, God has been faithful. I can't repay him for His grace thus far. I am more than confident that even as we all are counting down to meeting our precious ones, He would grant us overwhelming joy, baskets full of testimonies and the joy and fulfillment of motherhood in Jesus' name.
Eww my funky Teamie, d waddling reach dis side too infact for days now have been having false labor.....it will surely end in praise

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deolaw: 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
threegees:

Sent
Thanks ma'am. I have seen it. God bless you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zino89:

Glory be to God
Just got a bfp ... bby#2

January 2018 mamas where art thou? grin

What's bfp?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ayaoye:
Congratulations to all mamas that have given birth. Your joy will know no end.... Loves and kisses to them little cuties.

Abeg August mamas how are we doing..... Hope baby is kicking very well and you have started shopping? No I haven't shop o grin. But come to think of it, one has to be minimal in spending this time o, the Coro issue is causing a lot of things and the news headline these days ain't really nice, Nigeria might stop production of oil and according to WHO, covid 19 might stay for a long time (but God has the final say) wish there could be an e seminar to discuss this for pregnant women and new mums. Just saying. lipsrsealed

Exactly. There should be an E-forum of sorts for pregnant women... where they can discuss with healthcare professionals. That was how I found this thread, actually. I just needed to get information from preggy buddies...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olubassey92(f): 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
angeltolly:
My May teamies how are you doing oo.

Pweetiebabe, Amarisa, Nnekaike, SlimBrawnie, ProfAmah, MamaDG, lioha, Sysengr, Prudify25, Mzchirious, Humbleme99, Christianaoha, Mummy4life1 (How's our baby) Preshpearl, Honeypels, Funkaish, MrsTgee, Oyovwi, cyndyuc, Dinabella, toludimpz, Olubassey92

Just thought to check on you my people. Stay strong and stay safe, God will see us through.

Thank you so much. Laziness is real, looking forward to seeing my LO oh.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

What's bfp?
bfp means big fat positive i.e a positive pregnancy result

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mzora:
bfp means big fat positive i.e a positive pregnancy result

Thanks. And these other acronyms?

DH ... Dear Hubby
BS... Birth Story
BA... Baby Alert

And what's the cappo thing about? What's Braxton Hicks?

I just guessed the meanings.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

Thanks. And these other acronyms?

DH ... Dear Hubby
BS... Birth Story
BA... Baby Alert

And what's the cappo thing about? What's Braxton Hicks?

I just guessed the meanings.
BA is birth announcement. You got the rest.
Braxton Hicks is a kind of tightening felt by pregnant women but is not contraction.just preparing you for the real thing(labour).
Then for the cappo thing,every team comprises of women whose edd falls within a particular month...you can select an active member to help collate the monickers(names) of those in the same team with you.So you can always check on your team mates..lol

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Abiyenimi:
Hello mothers, goodevening. Pls I have a question although it's not about pregnancy but I believe there are a lot of women of wisdom here.
I got married at the age of 26, 4 years ago as a virgin but it's been a difficult journey so far. My husband rarely have sex with me the highest is twice in a month, other times when I make demands or try to seduce him it ends in fight and he will avoid me for days by coming home late or sleeping in another room. We went to the hospital and did all test which confirmed that I was fine but my husband had a low count after alot of different things the count has improved but sex is still non existent. I was hoping to use the lockdown period to improve our sex life and if God wills conceive but we havent had sex in the 3weeks at all because he can't get an erection no matter what I do. Mothers pls what can I do I cant continue like this. God bless and grant all the preggy mothers safe delivery.
DISCLAIMER PLS... I am just trying to help which made me read a lot on what could be the cause of such.. It took me a lot of courage to write this below...

Hmmmnn... Mama trust you're doing well...
I read this and I tried to look through it and find out reasons why such may be happening and I came up with this from my findings.. I was actually bothered about it..

Tard as it may seem, some men are homo.sexual and we all know it's not easy for them to accept and open up. There is the case of a young man who presented as a born again Christian hence stayed away from premarital s. ex with his fiancee..Only to be so concerned few weeks to his wedding cos he knows there will certainly be problems when the expectations of the act are not being met and he opened up to a close friend. The wedding had to be put on hold for reasons that the guy couldn't explain to even his fiancee.

There's another case of a man that went ahead with the wedding and the case is something else and it turned very messy..

All in all ma, this MAY not be your case however discussions needs to be held at the issue presented up here is a serious one and reels of some of those symptoms and you really need to pray to God to sort whatever the issues might be..

I pray that God himself will take control and all will be well ma..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkyshyne(f): 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

Thanks a lot for your response.
I should get folic acid, then. Does it come in a specific dosage?
400mcg is the recommended dose as found in pregnacare and it is more than enough. Women who are at higher risk of having a baby with neural tube defect especially those who have a family history of neural tube defects are the ones required to take a higher dosage. Although there are no side effects of taking the 5mg dosage for those at low risk, the dosage is actually just a waste.

And please, if you must get the 5mg folic acid, don't mix it with pregnacare. In my opinion, I will suggest u just stick with ur pregnacare or exhaust the 30 days pregnacare dosage and get folic acid separately and other drugs to complete ur recommended need of vitamins.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkyshyne(f): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Aitee1:

Not easy my dear but by His grace we shall get there, today marks the beginning of my 3rd trimester and I'm like shooou this journey still far oh, meanwhile I can't stand up on my own again and na floor dey sweet me to Sidon or lie down pass...na sorry be my second name sef grin

Mine is by weekend. I already can't eat much anymore. Started like 3 days ago. The food will just hang in my chest even if I eat a little and I'll be forced to throw up while brushing. Throw up I didn't do in first tristmester oh. I hope this third tristmester will be kind to me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
delaveres:
Afternoon Mamas!
How are we all coping at this time? May God continue to keep us safe.

Please, i have a concern, i've been purging for 2 days now and it's becoming unbearable. Maybe it's because i took lots of mangoes.
I'm presently 30 weeks, and i want to ask if flagyl and tetra is safe in pregnancy.

Thank you
Drink raw pap. It works like magic.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Angeltolly my capping, how u dey? Hope u never port leave us o, cos as u see me so to port dey hungry me am tired stylishly but in all i pray for God's will to prevail....

All teamie(Team May for easy delivery) how ia d waddling

I dey oo.
@bolded

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisade44: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ayaoye:
Congratulations to all mamas that have given birth. Your joy will know no end.... Loves and kisses to them little cuties.

Abeg August mamas how are we doing..... Hope baby is kicking very well and you have started shopping? No I haven't shop o grin. But come to think of it, one has to be minimal in spending this time o, the Coro issue is causing a lot of things and the news headline these days ain't really nice, Nigeria might stop production of oil and according to WHO, covid 19 might stay for a long time (but God has the final say) wish there could be an e seminar to discuss this for pregnant women and new mums. Just saying. lipsrsealed

Hey teamie, the news are not encouraging. I haven’t started shopping as well. Prolly next month.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blex444: 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mzora:
Team July...how is the pregnancy journey so far...

hmmmn...

These days when i look at d mirror, what I behold is amazing.... backache + muscle pull is dealing wit me,laying on my left is now easy but my bombom hurt when I sit for long, d love for yam and pepper sauce still do me strong thing tho

I pray dis lockdown thing will be over soon coz ayam not finding it interesting any longer...

How are about u ?
Trust you and baby are good too?

God will see us through...

Regards!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldendollars(f): 12:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Team August, we dey here o...are you still doing team surprise? I eventually summoned courage to check for gender on Sat..it ended in premium praise..its a girl! I was soo happy..
She is kicking very well.

Ayaoye:

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 12:42am On Apr 24, 2020
Fruitfulblissfu:
@ Katchycouture please I want clarification, my EDD is 27th Dec, and I'm exactly 4wks4days today, how come you are 5weeks already and EDD is 30th, I'm I calculating wrongly.

I think your calculation is right, we have a 3 days difference that is why I am already in 5 weeks while you are almost 5weeks gone, just 3 more days and you would be 5weeks gone, your calculations are correct mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Simsimz(f): 1:49am On Apr 24, 2020
Nimi22:

Pele. Well done we will reap the fruits of our labor in Jesus name.
amen, thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Simsimz(f): 1:51am On Apr 24, 2020
Anonymous29:

Fellow dec 2019 team .....we are fine ooo. Vigilante end like 2 months ago ooo. LO just wakes, sucks and sleep back. Ftm mom though. How is the family doing?
good for you. Mine doesn't sleep till 1am or 1.30am then still wakes up once or twice before daybreak. We are fine, thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 3:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Fruitfulblissfu:
Thanks mama @Naslow08 and @miracle baby, I did the test with pt strip and it came out negative.
Ok. Just watch your system for now till 28days later and see what will happen. If you can also check for ovulation within 12 and 14 days from that spotting it’ll be good. Else just watch

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 3:58am On Apr 24, 2020
Kittana:
My Birth Story...

Here's wishing everyone who is still waddling, easier journeys and deliveries.

That’s an interesting one. May baby Nathan remain a blessing to your family. Amen to your prayers

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 4:01am On Apr 24, 2020
EloWChi:
Hi Mama,

Please its very urgent.

Due to heavy rain in Lagos yesterday and I slept under the fan. I have been having Catarrh and headache.

Its really disturbing me. What drug am I to take and I am 6month pregnant.
Talk to your doctor. But your options are limited. Vitamin C is good. Lemon water is good too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 4:11am On Apr 24, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

I did. I knew I was pregnant from the very moment of conception! grin

I'm 5weeks gone.

P.S. I need clarifications on some things. I'm yet to start antenatal as I think hospitals are unsafe at this time. So, please, I need advice and instructions on how to cope without antenatal... what are the things I can do for and by myself. Hubby already got me pregnacare original. Do I need any more than that? Sister-in-law said I could get more folic acid, but pregnacare already contains 400mcg of folic acid, which I understand to be the exact daily requirement.
For now, I'm not exhibiting any annoying symptoms except peeing a lot more frequently and my breasts being fuller.

This is my first pregnancy ever and I'm super excited. EDD is Dec 22nd.

Cc: Patking.
It’s too early for antenatal. Pregnacare original is good if your system tolerates it well. You have nothing to worry about till about 12weeks except you feel sick

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 4:13am On Apr 24, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

Congratulations to you, too, dear.

Yes. At the hospital where I did the scan, I was actually told to come register for antenatal in 3 months' time. So I guess there's nothing to worry about for now.

You may want to reduce your frequency of scans, though. I hear the rays aren't exactly healthy.

I'm happy to know I have a preggy buddy! cheesy
There’s no ray for scan so it doesn’t affect mother or baby in any way

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 4:16am On Apr 24, 2020
delaveres:
Afternoon Mamas!
How are we all coping at this time? May God continue to keep us safe.

Please, i have a concern, i've been purging for 2 days now and it's becoming unbearable. Maybe it's because i took lots of mangoes.
I'm presently 30 weeks, and i want to ask if flagyl and tetra is safe in pregnancy.

Thank you
Flagyl yes, tetra BIG NO. But have you tried natural like 2 hard boiled egg or the raw pap which some mamas recommended not long ago?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: wayisshut and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.