Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8155220 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) (5587) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 4:19am On Apr 24, 2020
Zino89:

Glory be to God
Just got a bfp ... bby#2

January 2018 mamas where art thou? grin
Congrats ma m

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 5:25am On Apr 24, 2020
ProfAmah:

My sister, it hasn't been so easy especially with pelvic pain. Its like I sit, stand and walk with pain down there.

I went for a walk last evening. Kitted up in combat shorts, big t-shirt and face cap feeling chick and sportish. At some point, I saw my walking steps through my shadow, o gal, I was really waddling cheesy Na so I come dey form cat walking to reduce the waddling o grin

Well, God has been faithful. I can't repay him for His grace thus far. I am more than confident that even as we all are counting down to meeting our precious ones, He would grant us overwhelming joy, baskets full of testimonies and the joy and fulfillment of motherhood in Jesus' name.

cheesy cheesy You see yourself? tongue God will see us through.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 5:29am On Apr 24, 2020
Olubassey92:

Thank you so much. Laziness is real, looking forward to seeing my LO oh.

In a short while, we shall see them by God's grace.

The way my May teamies dey count down eh.... shocked

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dinabella: 6:18am On Apr 24, 2020
angeltolly:

In a short while, we shall see them by God's grace.

The way my May teamies dey count down eh.... shocked

The countdown is massive...

I recently managed to go for antenatal because of this coro fear.

Only for the Dr to say he'd give me one more week and that if the baby doesn't come he'll induce me.

I am 38 wks 3days as I write and Edd is still May 4th.

I wouldn't mind porting oh but then does induction pain more than natural labour?

I know say all pain na pain but you know some pain are more pain than the others cheesy

Sabi mamas in the house please help a first time mum.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2020
blex444:

hmmmn...

These days when i look at d mirror, what I behold is amazing.... backache + muscle pull is dealing wit me,laying on my left is now easy but my bombom hurt when I sit for long, d love for yam and pepper sauce still do me strong thing tho

I pray dis lockdown thing will be over soon coz ayam not finding it interesting any longer...

How are about u ?
Trust you and baby are good too?

God will see us through...

Regards!

me and baby w're doing well..haven't started shopping, hopping everything goes back to normal very soon.i'm yet to take my second TT injection.. will have to go to the hospital.
Supernatural delivery to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2020
cutewifey:
The one I know is raw ewedu leaf washed and squeezed, the juice from it I heard can cause contraction not the cooked one used as soup, I eat ewedu soup a lot

Thank you, I've already eaten it coz I told myself at least one time try before reply will not cause contraction. Thanks so much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2020
Mzora:
Team July...how is the pregnancy journey so far...

Journey is fine to God's glory and the kicking these days is superb. Me that use to worry of less kick is now receiving lots. So it's been good so far except for daily lower back pain. Don't know if you experience same too.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2020
Aitee1:

Not easy my dear but by His grace we shall get there, today marks the beginning of my 3rd trimester and I'm like shooou this journey still far oh, meanwhile I can't stand up on my own again and na floor dey sweet me to Sidon or lie down pass...na sorry be my second name sef grin

Wow you sit comfortably on the floor? Me I can't try that cos I'll have pains all over my body.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 8:10am On Apr 24, 2020
vinoj0225:

Journey is fine to God's glory and the kicking these days is superb. Me that use to worry of less kick is now receiving lots. So it's been good so far except for daily lower back pain. Don't know if you experience same too.
Thank God for the smooth journey so far..the kicking no b here now.you can do some simple exercise to help with the back pain..I'm due for my second TT injection..just scared of going to the hospital cos of the pandemic.will try and go.may God help us

Supernatural delivery to us all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2020
blex444:

hmmmn...

These days when i look at d mirror, what I behold is amazing.... backache + muscle pull is dealing wit me,laying on my left is now easy but my bombom hurt when I sit for long, d love for yam and pepper sauce still do me strong thing tho

I pray dis lockdown thing will be over soon coz ayam not finding it interesting any longer...

How are about u ?
Trust you and baby are good too?

God will see us through...

Regards!

Exactly me when I sit down for long. I get lots of pain when I sit and I'm tired of staying of staying at home but fear will not allow me go out cos of fear of Covid-19

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 8:20am On Apr 24, 2020
Mzora:
Thank God for the smooth journey so far..the kicking no b here now.you can do some simple exercise to help with the back pain..I'm due for my second TT injection..just scared of going to the hospital cos of the pandemic.will try and go.may God help us

Supernatural delivery to us all

Amen, please try and take it but apply lots of caution when you go to the hospital. Safe delivery to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2020
miraclebaby:
Congrats ma m
thank you ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 8:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Zino89:

Glory be to God
Just got a bfp ... bby#2

January 2018 mamas where art thou? grin

Congrats my former teamie, how's ur big girl? Shebi u refuse to give us her hand in.......... lolzzzz

Welcome back, I senior u dis time grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 8:25am On Apr 24, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

What's bfp?
big fat positive

My pregnancy test came out positive

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2020
Goldenheart002:

Congrats my former teamie, how's ur big girl? Shebi u refuse to give us her hand in.......... lolzzzz

Welcome back, I senior u dis time grin grin
he's fine grin how's you boy? praying for a girl this time.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2020
goldendollars:
Team August, we dey here o...are you still doing team surprise? I eventually summoned courage to check for gender on Sat..it ended in premium praise..its a girl! I was soo happy..
She is kicking very well.

Awwww!!! That is so sweet...I want a girl too, so that I have both genders. Yes o... I'm still team surprise, since I'm not going in for a third missionary journey I want to have the both the feeling of knowing gender before and getting surprised at the hospital

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2020
katchycouture:

Wow, congrats, my EDD is December 30th, my calculation and baby centre says I am also 5 weeks gone.. I think it is too early for antenatal (my opinion), I actually went for a scan last week and to FMC umuahia but when the scan ( yes I have a problem with scans, I do scan almost 20times before delivery) said they can't detect any sac yet I decided to go home and wait, besides it is truly scary now going to a hospital because coro isn't written on the face,
Chai, I think say na only me like scan grin grin grin
Haaa Zi hear am for my hand wen it comes to going to scan.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2020
miraclebaby:
It’s too early for antenatal. Pregnacare original is good if your system tolerates it well. You have nothing to worry about till about 12weeks except you feel sick

Great. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2020
nikkyshyne:
400mcg is the recommended dose as found in pregnacare and it is more than enough. Women who are at higher risk of having a baby with neural tube defect especially those who have a family history of neural tube defects are the ones required to take a higher dosage. Although there are no side effects of taking the 5mg dosage for those at low risk, the dosage is actually just a waste.

And please, if you must get the 5mg folic acid, don't mix it with pregnacare. In my opinion, I will suggest u just stick with ur pregnacare or exhaust the 30 days pregnacare dosage and get folic acid separately and other drugs to complete ur recommended need of vitamins.

Okay. This is insightful. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2020
Mzora:
BA is birth announcement. You got the rest.
Braxton Hicks is a kind of tightening felt by pregnant women but is not contraction.just preparing you for the real thing(labour).
Then for the cappo thing,every team comprises of women whose edd falls within a particular month...you can select an active member to help collate the monickers(names) of those in the same team with you.So you can always check on your team mates..lol

Okay. Very well understood. Thanks. kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 10:50am On Apr 24, 2020
angeltolly:
My May teamies how are you doing oo.

Pweetiebabe, Amarisa, Nnekaike, SlimBrawnie, ProfAmah, MamaDG, lioha, Sysengr, Prudify25, Mzchirious, Humbleme99, Christianaoha, Mummy4life1 (How's our baby) Preshpearl, Honeypels, Funkaish, MrsTgee, Oyovwi, cyndyuc, Dinabella, toludimpz, Olubassey92

Just thought to check on you my people. Stay strong and stay safe, God will see us through.
My Able Cappo, I dey oooo

My own chapter now na daily vigil. God bless all mother's and My prayer is that God will grant other mother's save delivery.

My advice to All: Please, arrange your hospital bags ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by delaveres(f): 11:33am On Apr 24, 2020
juicypetal:

I don't think these you mentioned are safe for preggy mommas. Tetracycline leaves the child with a permanent brown discolouration on the teeth. I would suggest that you try homemade remedies like raw pap in water. Above all, don't forget to stay hydrated. Las las, you go dey OK... Cheers

Thanks mama, but i don't know how hygienic the raw pap they sell outside is. I'll stay hydrated and watch it. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by delaveres(f): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2020
cinderellashoes:

Put garri in water and drink it. Don't add sugar to it, it works for me.

I'll try this. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by delaveres(f): 11:36am On Apr 24, 2020
MamaDG:
Drink raw pap. It works like magic.

That raw pap na something o, cos i don't make it myself and buying it outside and drinking it raw might not be hygienic.
Thanks for the response tho, i appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by delaveres(f): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2020
miraclebaby:
Flagyl yes, tetra BIG NO. But have you tried natural like 2 hard boiled egg or the raw pap which some mamas recommended not long ago?

Thank you mama. I'll try the egg as well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
MumoftheDecade:

I did. I knew I was pregnant from the very moment of conception! grin

I'm 5weeks gone.

Hubby already got me pregnacare original. [b]Do I need any more than that? Sister-in-law said I could get more folic acid, [/b]but pregnacare already contains 400mcg of folic acid, which I understand to be the exact daily requirement.

This is my first pregnancy ever and I'm super excited. EDD is Dec 22nd.

Cc: Patking.

Big congratulations Momma.
so happy to hear this.

Nice one, you are good with Pregnacare, and yes SIL is correct. you need more Folic acid. For we in this part of the world daily requirement in oyinbo standard is not enough due to our diets and lifestyles.
in all my pregnancies, my oby&gyn always top my pregnacare just as your SIL advised.

No antenatal till you pass 12weeks....
no self medication please... not even natural 100% natural.... you are carrying a delicate Person.

I pray you dodge morning sickness Momma...
Am hear if you need me.

cheers...
stay safe.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LaJoie2x: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
delaveres:
Afternoon Mamas!
How are we all coping at this time? May God continue to keep us safe.

Please, i have a concern, i've been purging for 2 days now and it's becoming unbearable. Maybe it's because i took lots of mangoes.
I'm presently 30 weeks, and i want to ask if flagyl and tetra is safe in pregnancy.

Thank you

Good afternoon mama, I have been a regular customer of purging in this pregnancy. My Gynae usually gives my Thalazole, 2 tablets 3ce daily if the purging is much or 2 tablets on demand. He even gave me extra just incase. So I think it's safe.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cpsowelle: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
I'm 5 weeks pregnant and on antenatal but i have been having continuous vomiting that I have not eaten any real food for the past 2 weeks.Everyone is tired of my vomiting.I'm scared that if i should continue or remove it. This is my first pregnancy .Recommended antenatal drug I took to stop it has not changed anything. I am fast loosing hope..please professionals or anyone experienced it here please advise me. Is this normal I need your help

Cc: patking
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biggal: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
My wonderful mothers how is the bumping??

Still that DATA lady. We are back to business

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by janeobasi24: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
I experienced same in my first trimester.... It will soon stop.... Mine disappeared in second trimester..... Pls don't abort the baby!!!!
It is well with you Momma.

cpsowelle:
I'm 5 weeks pregnant and on antenatal but i have been having continuous vomiting that I have not eaten any real food for the past 2 weeks.Everyone is tired of my vomiting.I'm scared that if i should continue or remove it. This is my first pregnancy .Recommended antenatal drug I took to stop it has not changed anything. I am fast loosing hope..please professionals or anyone experienced it here please advise me. Is this normal I need your help

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
cpsowelle:

maybe vomitting is ur own morning sickness

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisade44: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Finally started shopping in bits, already ticking the hospital items. Fellow August mamas, how una dey?

I’m trying so hard not to waste money on what I won’t need but it’s hard as a first timer. Can someone kindly make a list of unnecessary items

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) (5587) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.