Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,516 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8146589 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) (5799) (5800) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownishshuga: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2020
Adezeal1:

I'm team February too.
I've been a silent follower
welcome. How are you feeling?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2020
ijeije123:
BA/ BS
To the glory of God, I welcomed my Princess on Tues 4th Aug, 2020. EDD was 26th July.

My pregnancy journey was very smooth; no MS, spits, I was glowing and was indeed pampered by hubby. First, Second n even Third trimesters were good to me. I was very strong and glowed all through.
I started panicking After passing my Edd dates. The only thing on my mind was when baby would come out as she already weighed 3.45 at 38 weeks scan. I ate pineapples, dates, walked, did yoga exercises, avoided meals.. chai. The final weeks of my pregnancy wasn't funny atall.
July went by and I said, 'Well Baby wants to be an August baby.' On the 2nd of August after evening stroll with my kid sis, I started having contractions but thought it was Braxton Hicks. Not until I got home and went to ease myself then I saw 'show'. My happiness knew no bounds. I couldn't wait for hubby to be home so I could tell him. The dude really suffered those final times cos I was always unhappy that Baby hadn't come. He came and I shared him the news. We called his brother who is a Medical Doctor. He asked us to wait till the next day bfr going to the hospital.
We got to the hospital at 4pm the next day 3rd Aug. Doctor checked me and I was 6cm dilated. He was happy and said 'Madam, your baby would soon be here.' Before 10pm same night,I was already 8cm with contractions coming back to back. The nurses has done enamel on me so they assured me that whatever pooing feeling I was having was my baby but I shouldn't push yet as I needed to be in at least 9cm.
This was where devil decided to struck. The labour couldn't progress. I was in 8cm from 10pm on the 3rd till 4th. I was almost going mad from untoractions. Doctor said because I was having hard contractions, he didn't want to induce so as not to over stress baby. At some point, he had no option but to put the hot drip. Chai, if u r here and having any issues with ur mother, pls make amends. What women go through to bring babies to life is not a little experience.
Despite the drip, I still wasnt dilating and doctor had to remove it cos of baby. He was coming to check baby's heart beat from time to time. He reminded my hubby of the Pelvimentry xray we didn't do and said probably its the cause.
By noon of 4th, I was already weak and still hadnt gone beyond 8cm! Hubby was crying n praying, same with my mom. I called hubby and told him that I couldnt go through the pains anymore that doctor should come operate on me bfr either I or the baby passes on. With tears in his eyes, he went to the doctor's office, signed the paper and I was taken to the theatre. I learnt Baby was. brought out 15mins later. She had already pooped and the doctor said if we hadnt taken that decision the exact time we did, we might have lost her. Hubby was called to bring me out. We were discharged 6days later.
My Princess is a beauty to behold. I can't stop thanking God for such a wonderful gift. At the end of the day, Mummy is alive, Baby is alive and Daddy is alive. I return all glory unto God Almighty.
cc @Cappo Elowchi
August Cappo @Bimberry
My Teamie @Aitee

Congratulations mama...... Quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Soloblincus(m): 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good day people. Pls experienced people in the house should help answer. Can a blood pregnancy test that turn out positve become negative after scan? My wife just tested positive to blood test and someone is saying dat a blood test is not sufficient to prove pregnancy. Except scan. How tru pls house?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Soloblincus:
Good day people. Pls experienced people in the house should help answer. Can a blood pregnancy test that turn out positve become negative after scan? My wife just tested positive to blood test and someone is saying dat a blood test is not sufficient to prove pregnancy. Except scan. How tru pls house?

Blood pregnancy test is confirmatory of positive pregnancy. Scan is just to check for other modalities

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rvpbae: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Soloblincus:

Please unfriend that someone. wink wink

Which kain talk be that??

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
ijeije123:
BA/ BS
To the glory of God, I welcomed my Princess on Tues 4th Aug, 2020. EDD was 26th July.

My Princess is a beauty to behold. I can't stop thanking God for such a wonderful gift. At the end of the day, Mummy is alive, Baby is alive and Daddy is alive. I return all glory unto God Almighty.
cc @Cappo Elowchi
August Cappo @Bimberry
My Teamie @Aitee
Congratulations mama... Thank God for his mercies.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Soloblincus:
Just make sure your wife is taking her folic acid.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fruitfulvinee: 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Congrats teamie @ ijeije
May God keep your princess. Wish you quick recovery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chikabel: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Fertilady:

Blood pregnancy test is confirmatory of positive pregnancy. Scan is just to check for other modalities

No ma'am. Blood pregnancy test is NOT confirmatory for pregnancy. The ONLY confirmatory test for pregnancy is an abdominopelvic ultrasound. Blood test is just one of a series of test for pregnancy but NOT confirmatory.

Soloblincus Sir, no one says it'll turn negative after an abdominopelvic ultrasound... Nah. But it's good to know. Also, if there are other underlying stuff in the pelvis say fibroid, they could be seen and the size noted so that incase it increases in size, there is already a known baseline for comparison. Another advantage of a first trimester ultrasound is that it makes for a better calculation of estimated gestational age and EDD.
Let us be guided, please... So we do not sound somewhat uninformed when we speak outside.
Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Odycute(f): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chikabel:

No ma'am. Blood pregnancy test is NOT confirmatory for pregnancy. The ONLY confirmatory test for pregnancy is an abdominopelvic ultrasound. Blood test is just one of a series of test for pregnancy but NOT confirmatory.

Soloblincus Sir, no one says it'll turn negative after an abdominopelvic ultrasound... Nah. But it's good to know. Also, if there are other underlying stuff in the pelvis say fibroid, they could be seen and the size noted so that incase it increases in size, there is already a known baseline for comparison. Another advantage of a first trimester ultrasound is that it makes for a better calculation of estimated gestational age and EDD.
Let us be guided, please... So we do not sound somewhat uninformed when we speak outside.
Cheers!
Wow
Didn't know this ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chikabel:

Is there any known medical condition that would cause a positive blood pregnancy test asides pregnancy?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
cinderellashoes:
Good morning mamas, is trace of protein in urine at 36 weeks a serious condition to be worried about and what's the remedy please.
Cc
4realwo.man
Mayluv
I remembered when I was pregnant with my first son and I had protein in my urine my Dr said it's nothing to worry about because it wasn't high but that once it high that is when one need to be worried. Reduce salt intake in my food for now.
What did you Dr say about the result cause he/she is in a better place to know how bad it is.
Kindly work closely with your Dr ma'am, wish you safe delivery in the coming weeks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chikabel:

Cheers!
What I am saying is that when someone has gotten a positive from a blood pregnancy test, scan can never say otherwise. Having fibroids will not make one have a positive blood pregnancy test. Yes, confirmatory pregnancy test is with blood. Doing a scan is to check for other issues like I said earlier. Scan is to confirm if the pregnancy is viable. Not really to confirm if one is pregnant

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good afternoon all

Please what formula is best for my 4weeks old child.

We use aptamil already but she finishes a tin in one week. She take breast milk too. She eats a lot and I wonder if everything is ok.

So am thinking of adding NAN optipro so both ca stretch for at least 2weeks. But I dont know how good it is.
Does anyone use it at the moment? Is it really good?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Brownishshuga:
I’m kinda confused when I checked online my edd according to my LMP is feb 8 but the two hospitals I went to gave me feb 11 as my edd

Hello mama, EDD is Estimated Due Date.
In my opinion, February 8 and 11 still falls under your EDD because it is calculated as 2 weeks plus or minus your EDD.
You may just stick with your LMP because as your pregnancy progresses and you do further scans your dates may still change.
I wish you happy a smooth pregnancy journey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Janella29:
Good afternoon all

We use aptamil already but she finishes a tin in one week. She take breast milk too. She eats a lot and I wonder if everything is ok.

So am thinking of adding NAN optipro so both ca stretch for at least 2weeks. But I dont know how good it is.

Personally, nan is perfect for me. I used nan for all my kids. I will still stick with nan anytime any day

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Toriaking:

Late BA
My LO arrived 4th of August by induction.
We ported to August

Congratulations mama, God bless your LO.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
4realwoman:
I remembered when I was pregnant with my first son and I had protein in my urine my Dr said it's nothing to worry about because it wasn't high but that once it high that is when one need to be worried. Reduce salt intake in my food for now.
What did you Dr say about the result cause he/she is in a better place to know how bad it is.
Kindly work closely with your Dr ma'am, wish you safe delivery in the coming weeks

Thanks mama. The doctor says to reduce some protein food and that it's nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chikabel: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
@sugah
@Fertilady

It was just some education as a medical doctor.
But as always, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Cheers!

P. s: Same way Gestational Trophoblastic Disorders would give you a positive pregnancy test... Same way an ectopic pregnancy would give you a positive pregnancy test. All these, until an abdominopelvic ultrasound is done to rule in or out.
I'm tired abeg. Just believe what you can

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chikabel:
@sugah
@Fertilady

Cheers!

P. s: Same way Gestational Trophoblastic Disorders would give you a positive pregnancy test... Same way an ectopic pregnancy would give you a positive pregnancy test. All these, until an abdominopelvic ultrasound is done to rule in or out.
Ectopic pregnancy and all confirm pregnancy. There is already a pregnancy before confirming if it's ectopic or not. I am a medical professional too. I am a pharmacist, I know what I am saying. If a patient comes to you and asks you to confirm if she is pregnant, the first thing to do is to do a blood pt test to confirm pregnancy before going on to do a scan. That is all I am saying. Thanks

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Janella29:
Good afternoon all

Aptamil in one week!
I remember my daughter. That was 2013. We used SMA every 9 days. I'd always cry eh. Someone then suggested Aptamil. Then it wasn't in container but in packet like nutribom. She finished it in 4 days, I no buy again grin
Please you can go for Nan Optipro, it's nice and affordable too. (One Aptamil go buy 3 Nan grin)
It is well with our babies.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chikabel:
@sugah
@Fertilady

Cheers!

You mentioned you were a doctor in your previous post thats why I'm asking you if there's any medical condition that'll give a positive blood test.
An ectopic pregnancy IS a pregnancy and would give a positive blood test but the pregnancy isn't intrauterine.
Your first response about why a scan is done mentioned things that are considered 'modalities ' like fertilady mentioned.
Scan confirms viability, intrauterine cyesis, co existing fibroid, single or multiple Gestation, EDD (only when LMP is unknown)
You might be a doctor as claimed, but I beg to differ on your argument.

I'm not a medical practitioner, but when I was pregnant with my first and went to the hospital the doctor carried out a blood test and said congratulations you are pregnant...not 'hey you may or may not be pregnant until I do a scan'.

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownishshuga: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
sweetlady4real:

Hello mama, EDD is Estimated Due Date.
In my opinion, February 8 and 11 still falls under your EDD because it is calculated as 2 weeks plus or minus your EDD.
You may just stick with your LMP because as your pregnancy progresses and you do further scans your dates may still change.
I wish you happy a smooth pregnancy journey.
thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adezeal1: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
Brownishshuga:
welcome. How are you feeling?
It's not been so easy, but I thank God.
How are you doing as well?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adezeal1: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
Brownishshuga:
I’m kinda confused when I checked online my edd according to my LMP is feb 8 but the two hospitals I went to gave me feb 11 as my edd
It doesn't really matter sis, that's just 3days apart. Don't trouble yourself ok.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
19CannyMum:

Take your folic acid just before going to bed. You can't throw up while asleep smiley
I tried this too but whenever I take the drug, the sleep goes away and I throw up within few minutes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
Brownishshuga:
Don't worry, teamie..whichever day u'r given is jz an expected date,baby will come when it's time...it might even be before that day...jz chillax and enjoy the journey... it's well with us

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Adezeal1:
I struggled to come out of hidding. grin
I'm team February o (Feb 7 using my LMP).
I hope we are all doing fine, I have difficulty taking my medications, on an off migraines.
I must confess I'm much better now than my first trimester,I was all shades of miserable then. Can't wait to meet my other teamies.

Please add me o

For team Feb. For now, I've seen

MummyHalo
xeexee1
Rekhi and myself
Temitope009

I might even port to March o
But I don't wanna port.
According to LMP, my EDD is Feb 28
Did scan few days ago and it read baby 2 weeks back, giving me March.

I was vexed jor, lol.
However, I'll love to go for an ELCS at around 38weeks so all join, we wait on God.
welcome, teamie...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
Temitope009:
*TEAM FEB 2021 GOD'S WILLING*

MONIKER. EDD

MummyHalo. Feb 26
xeexee1
Rekhi Feb 14
temitope009. Feb 28
MeynaTK Feb 08
olufummy02 Feb 09
asagal. Feb 15

Welcome onboard @asagal

At all, I hope we're all doing great. Good to have you. I abandoned my antenatal drugs few weeks ago when I noticed it usually makes me very weak and useless. I changed routine and started taking at night, same thing. The next day, I'll hardly be able to get up from the bed. I can't cook, clean nor do anything.
I stopped.
I promised myself I'll be taking folic acid only but going near the drugs alone scared me.
I picked up the courage few days ago to resume taking folic acid.

What has your experience been like?
Wanna share?

Hey, senior mummies and teamies in the house, I've got a sweet deal for us. Permit me to share.
I've got the best nursing bras in town, trust me when I say it's the best. It's one of the few products I have 100% positive feedback on (I haven't even shared all yet, I've got few on my page though).
Suitable for pregnancy, post pregnancy and breastfeeding because it's comfortable without all those chook chook from underwire and still, it serves it's purpose.
Well, let me not over talk grin
It has numerous benefits.
I no go finish.

Available in sizes M, L n XL
For a token price of #3000 only.

Doorstep delivery to Lagos from Abuja is #2000 only. Imagine if we're upto 4 buying. #500 pere. Ha! Sweetest deal. We can the arrange for pickup or delivery from an agreed location.

Kindly click the link in my signature for more discussions.
Sorry about the way u'r feeling,that shld be the pregnancy hormones at work.. Don't worry,d folic acid is okay..it's well and will end in praise (amen)

My own is tiredness o,I gt tired easily... I'm expecting twins,though,,I heard It's one of its package...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Abt this pregnancy blood test be a confirmatory result or not. I'm not in anyway a medical practitioner. Didnt even do any science related course but am writing based on what i have seen NOT heard. A close relative of mine was confirmed pregnant via blood test, couple of weeks later she saw blood, ran to a gynae and the doctor examined and said she wasnt pregnant at all. It was her menses. Something about hormones causing the pregancy test to read positive. During my time after the blood test been positive, my doctor also adviced i go for scan. So OP i see nothing wrong with what the lady said

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
4realwoman:
I remembered when I was pregnant with my first son

Wow sis did you say first son? So you have second abi third sons, God is such a Wonderful Wonder. Having them back to back,
Congratulations my sis.
I have been finding it difficult to log into nairaland since late 2018 after I gave birth to my DD so I gave up and stopped trying till I decided to try again today and boom I logged in and reading this. So happy for you oh. Love to the children.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
ijeije123:
BA/ BS

My pregnancy journey was very smooth; no MS, spits, I was glowing and was indeed pampered by hubby. First, Second n even Third trimesters were good to me. I was very strong and glowed all through.
I started panicking After passing my Edd dates. The only thing on my mind was when baby would come out as she already weighed 3.45 at 38 weeks scan. I ate pineapples, dates, walked, did yoga exercises, avoided meals.. chai. The final weeks of my pregnancy wasn't funny atall.
July went by and I said, 'Well Baby wants to be an August baby.' On the 2nd of August after evening stroll with my kid sis, I started having contractions but thought it was Braxton Hicks. Not until I got home and went to ease myself then I saw 'show'. My happiness knew no bounds. I couldn't wait for hubby to be home so I could tell him. The dude really suffered those final times cos I was always unhappy that Baby hadn't come. He came and I shared him the news. We called his brother who is a Medical Doctor. He asked us to wait till the next day bfr going to the hospital.
We got to the hospital at 4pm the next day 3rd Aug. Doctor checked me and I was 6cm dilated. He was happy and said 'Madam, your baby would soon be here.' Before 10pm same night,I was already 8cm with contractions coming back to back. The nurses has done enamel on me so they assured me that whatever pooing feeling I was having was my baby but I shouldn't push yet as I needed to be in at least 9cm.
This was where devil decided to struck. The labour couldn't progress. I was in 8cm from 10pm on the 3rd till 4th. I was almost going mad from untoractions. Doctor said because I was having hard contractions, he didn't want to induce so as not to over stress baby. At some point, he had no option but to put the hot drip. Chai, if u r here and having any issues with ur mother, pls make amends. What women go through to bring babies to

I can imagine Mama... thank GOd it ended in praise. aint august babies the prettiest kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) (5799) (5800) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.