Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8151857 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5831) (5832) (5833) (5834) (5835) (5836) (5837) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omariah(f): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2020
zaynie:
Baby list sent as promised.

Please ask your fellow mamas to forward it to you as I may not have the chance to send it to any further request.

Teinks kiss

Thanks mama, I got the list.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:50am On Sep 04, 2020
Engraced247:

I drank mine as asked by the nurses. I was also given Potassium chloride. My bp was 200/110 last night, later on 176/108. So they said I will be given labethanol if it gets to 110.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
I'm going to be harsh on you!! Unless you want to leave that hospital in a bodybag, drop your phone, trust your doctors, commit everything else to God's hands and bloody relax!!!!

Your baby has been given drugs to mature its lungs already, your baby will be fine even if they bring it out today. But they can't when your bp is dangerously high.
A mama here had her baby at 30weeks and they're both fine, your baby is fine and it needs you alive.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:52am On Sep 04, 2020
soonest:

No ooooh! I dodge the register o.
How them Atinuke and Snr bro? Are they more now

I had Akorede in 2018 ó.
Which other more you dey ask biko.
No go see my red eye this early mormor grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:01am On Sep 04, 2020
Engraced247:

Thanks Ma'am for the fast reply.
I used to be scared of hospital. But, I am fine now. The care services from the doctors, nurses to the cleaners here is top notch. My mind is at rest now.
Nurse Kaffy, please can you recommend other natural ways to stabilize the BP? I don't want to be induced cry

. Cucumbers worked a lot for me.
Like lots of it.
You'll go to the toilet often but your BP will crash.

Please if given the option of being induced and a CS, go for CS.
Induction will add more pressure and your BP might skyrocket.
Even during normal childbirth, your BP rises considerably.

You need absolute bedrest and like Sugah said, put your phone away. During my time, they cleared my bed of all books and phones including my Quran sef.
Absolute bedrest. Don't stress your brain or your heart. Just let the drugs to the work.

Best of luck to you and your little one.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
threegees:
Good evening, all.
So I went for my ultrasound scan and test today.
Scan says baby is already is the cephalic presentation. Worry number one, settled! wink
Baby weighs 2.4kg (I'm so surprised with this my big bump, though thankful).
Then PCV is 34%
Is this okay? Or does it need to be boosted? If yes, what can I do to help it?
@Kaffy4bill help me here please

Your result is okay.. nothing to worry about..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
kaffy4bill:

Your result is okay.. nothing to worry about..
Breathe of fresh air! Thanks ma

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Juwon01(f): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
zaynie:
Baby list sent as promised.

Please ask your fellow mamas to forward it to you as I may not have the chance to send it to any further request.

Teinks kiss

Thanks so much ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
I don drop new post on my IG page about umbilical cord care and sign of infected cord.
Do not forget to comment and tag other mamas that need to see it..
I got you covered wink wink

One love always

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEuBg9hFwpX/?igshid=1bt0pehomgtnk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ndaman25: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
pls the mummies in the house I want to ask something, me n my wife did several scans and we gut several days i.e 4th August, 14th August n 15th August and today is 4th no any sign. pls did we need to worry. because am disturb since morning
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ndaman25: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
zaynie:

. Cucumbers worked a lot for me.
Like lots of it.
You'll go to the toilet often but your BP will crash.

Please if given the option of being induced and a CS, go for CS.
Induction will add more pressure and your BP might skyrocket.
Even during normal childbirth, your BP rises considerably.

You need absolute bedrest and like Sugah said, put your phone away. During my time, they cleared my bed of all books and phones including my Quran sef.
Absolute bedrest. Don't stress your brain or your heart. Just let the drugs to the work.

Best of luck to you and your little one.
what of someone that can't afford CS ??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
ndaman25:
pls the mummies in the house I want to ask something, me n my wife did several scans and we gut several days i.e 4th August, 14th August n 15th August and today is 4th no any sign. pls did we need to worry. because am disturb since morning
August or September?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good evening mothers and fathers in the house. Sure everything is fine. It is well with us all.

Ok, I went for antenatal today and some people came to talk to us about Umbilical cord from emzor pharmaceuticals. They said after bathing your baby, clean the cord area and apply emxidine gel not spirit again because spirit is alcoholic. Just use your hand to spread over the stump.

Now, my question is this; can one clean the area with warm water using wool balls and dry with methylated spirit before applying the gel?

Sorry there was no much time for questions and answers.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by P4perissos: 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemorrhoid/pile is dealing with me. The thing don come out. The pain is terrible. What can I do���
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
ndaman25:

August or September? That been said, relax your mind and know that baby will come when it’s time and today is not over yet.
It will end in praise.

One love always

www.instagram.com/nursekhaphie_hub
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
P4perissos:
Hemorrhoid/pile is dealing with me. The thing don come out. The pain is terrible. What can I do���

These are some of the tested home remedies for hemorrhoid in pregnancy.
• Use wipes or pads that contain witch hazel.
• Use gentle, flushable wipes when you use the toilet.
• Use a sitz bath or soak in clean warm water for 10 minutes at a time, few times daily
• Hold an ice pack on the area for a few minutes several times a day.
• Move around frequently and try not to sit for too long to avoid extra pressure on your anus.
• Drink lots of water and eat foods high in fiber to help keep stools soft.
• Avoid straining while having a bowel movement or sitting on the toilet for long periods of time.
• Perform Kegel exercises to strengthen muscles.
• Lie on your side rather than sitting to reduce pressure on your anus.

Hope this helps
One love always

You can read my post on hemorrhoids in pregnancy on my IG page..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
ojantelle:
Good evening mothers and fathers in the house. Sure everything is fine. It is well with us all.

Ok, I went for antenatal today and some people came to talk to us about Umbilical cord from emzor pharmaceuticals. They said after bathing your baby, clean the cord area and apply emxidine gel not spirit again because spirit is alcoholic. Just use your hand to spread over the stump.

Now, my question is this; can one clean the area with warm water using wool balls and dry with methylated spirit before applying the gel?

My post on IG today is on cord care abd signs of cord infection.

New research shows no gel or alcohol is needed for the cord. Keeping it clean and dry is the way to go.

You can read it up on my page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ndaman25: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
sugah:
August or September?
sorry it September
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
kaffy4bill:

My post on IG today is on cord care abd signs of cord infection.

New research shows no gel or alcohol is needed for the cord. Keeping it clean and dry is the way to go.

You can read it up on my page

Thanks for the quick response. I will check right away. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Please o Sabi mamas help me i throw up food some hours after eating and I feel that's still normal but for some days now when I drink water I throw up. Help me with suggestions what to do so as not to be dehydrated
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eezohbae(f): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Tinudesi:
Please o Sabi mamas help me i throw up food some hours after eating and I feel that's still normal but for some days now when I drink water I throw up. Help me with suggestions what to do so as not to be dehydrated

If it's room temperature water you throw up,try cold water...take it in sips,not a lot at once
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
Eezohbae:

If it's room temperature water you throw up,try cold water...take it in sips,not a lot at once

Thanks ma I will try that

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
Tinudesi:

Maybe you do drink the water in large quantities,make sure you always have a cup of water beside you.
Drink often and in small quantities.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
Anna20:

Maybe you do drink the water in large quantities,make sure you always have a cup of water beside you.
Drink often and in small quantities.
That's true o I drink much at a time I will try small quantities

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
ndaman25:
sorry it September
Ok. Relax...baby will come
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by swtzeebae(f): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
New stock alert!!!!

Place your order today

NB: you can choose to add or remove from the package

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Decided to share

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2020
ndaman25:
what of someone that can't afford CS ??

When it's a matter of life and death, the money better show face.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyD2020(f): 1:22am On Sep 05, 2020
zaynie:

When it's a matter of life and death, the money better show face.

It is well with us all and may God Almighty come through for u sir

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:40am On Sep 05, 2020
soonest:
Good afternoon beautiful mothers, I trust the 9months ministry is moving to the perm site.

Special shout out to team Feb/March2018 and team Dec2015.

I salute all the oldies, Snr Mod ath, zayn ie, liftedh ands, flor aEc, Liora nwanneukwum, kaffy, gold mine, sug ah, can't even remember all the sweet mothers that made the journey then interesting.
Ok bye for now and happy bumping to all the preggies
Nice to hear from you sis, been a while. How are the boys? Regards to them.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pertruchi: 8:03am On Sep 05, 2020
Pls mama,can you pls send the baby list to my mail too. pertruchi@gmail.com. Thanks

Thanks mama, I got the list. [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suilois(f): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2020
tabithaola:

Hey Mama, kindly help me with the picture and price of the one you eventually settled for. Planning to get one and would like to have an Idea before entering market. Thank you.
I'm so sorry for the late response.. I've not been online. I got it 15k..here's the picture

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2020
ojantelle:

From what mommies here have said, you're not supposed to use both. Use either spirit or gel. Using both can be counterproductive.

Of course Emzor will want to sell their gel so they'll say it's better than spirit lol. However minus marketing, I feel gel will be easier and less stressful to apply. It's also a newer and more specific technology so probably better. Also I think WHO programs now distribute gel and not spirit, that gives some credibility.

The whole idea of spirit or gel is to prevent infection because of our tropical environment.

In my mind the only thing that makes cord fall fast is one herb, 2 days cord don fall. I don't know the name sha, but my in-laws have out in their compound. Abroad they just keep the area dry, and the cord will still fall.

If you're in Nigeria please listen to your local health practitioners and use either spirit or gel to avoid stories that touch.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5831) (5832) (5833) (5834) (5835) (5836) (5837) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.