Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8143037 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6148) (6149) (6150) (6151) (6152) (6153) (6154) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Victoriouswoman: 2:51pm On May 24, 2021
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

OMG a baby of five days u are taken to a chemist store ....a baby of five days u are given Calabash or wat ever....

Madam take that innocent baby to hospital.... Nawa for u ooooo
some people can take unnecessary risk ehh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 4:51pm On May 24, 2021
Haba! Mummy what is this na? How will you subject a baby of how many weeks to this?
And you still come here to ask us for advise? Please fear God na. What exactly is the reason behind not taking your child to the hospital?
I was at the hospital with my child of almost 3years yesterday, when I saw a grandma and a mom to a small baby crying. They lost the baby cos they got to the hospital late.
Abeg do the right thing and don't take unnecessary risk.
jieta:
Hello mamas in the house i hope you all are doing fine

Please i have a little problem, my baby is five weeks old he has this big nevel, since last week Friday we notice his stomach is somehow getting big, so we took her to a chemist store. The owner examine him and gave him some medicine, we use them Friday and Saturday no much difference. My sister recommend that we give him Calabash nutmeg, that we should chew it and squeeze the liquid for him to drink. We did it on Saturday evening and he slept very well and even poo and release so many fart. Now this afternoon his body is kind of hot, I've gave him the medicine.

I don't know if i should keep using only the Calabash nutmeg or take him to hospital and recommendation will be highly welcome.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MomoAdura: 4:51pm On May 24, 2021
YummySuits:

Kai, I am on the list of those owing B.S o. grin Vigilante will not allow me see road, and since I am not breastfeeding directly, I'm pumping round the clock so no much time to do other things. I'll try submit before the end of the week cappo

We dey expect o
Why are you not breastfeeding directly?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jieta: 4:56pm On May 24, 2021
senoraaquila:
Haba! Mummy what is this na? How will you subject a baby of how many weeks to this?
And you still come here to ask us for advise? Please fear God na. What exactly is the reason behind not taking your child to the hospital?
I was at the hospital with my child of almost 3years yesterday, when I saw a grandma and a mom to a small baby crying. They lost the baby cos they got to the hospital late.
Abeg do the right thing and don't take unnecessary risk.
thanks, we have gone to the hospital. And he has been attended to. Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kinado(f): 5:09pm On May 24, 2021
joliefille:
I'm team October and still looking for my baby bumb.
I had really wide hips that didn't march the rest of my body. My pregnancy now gave me big breast. Everybody is telling me sexy mummy, figure 8 mummy. Me I want my belly to be big and round so that anywhere I appear, people will know that God has taken away my shame after 5years of marriage and several agbo, injections, medical procedures and Plenty money spent.

Lols! While me at 1 month gateman open gate say make i enter for nin office! He was calling me mama twins! My tummy has been big since day one! �

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 6:15pm On May 24, 2021
Layormiii:
Good evening everyone.
So I went to the pharmacy today to get forlic acid, but the pharmacist prescribed PREGNATONE for me instead, she said it's better and it contains forlic acid too.
I just want to know if it's safe to start using it as am just 5weeks gone.

Buy folic acid

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ify15(f): 6:22pm On May 24, 2021
Mizjemie25:
your bday is Dec 13th, I’m 14th ooo grin grin I dey follow you for back..
Nice to know mama.Our LOs will celebrate our birthdays with us by God's Grace.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:40pm On May 24, 2021
Layormiii:
Is it too early to say team January? #coveringface
Do I have any team mate here with our no bumb belle?? grin grin grin I honestly can't wait to start showing
Calm down, you will show, you will even be tired. Team Jan too though I pray it rolls back to December

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 8:14pm On May 24, 2021
Good evening to you all. Congratulations to the mamas that have birthed their LO.
Team August , how are you all doing. I keep checking calendar everyday.

I have an issue, why does some private hospitals wants pregnant women to pay for the so called delivery packs in their hospital. They don't want you to bring the ones you have bought which is the same with the the things you already bought from the Market.
And most of their package are of low qualities.

I haven't made up my mind yet on the hospital I will birth my baby. But they insisted if I want to use their I must pay for their delivery pack. Am using HMO with the private hospital.

My second hospital is General. Have bought all the things on the list.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 8:15pm On May 24, 2021
I'm a first-time mum,my last period was 2nd of march, please how many weeks gone am I? My mother in-law said I should wait after some weeks before going for scan. I'm still having morning sickness. Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 8:16pm On May 24, 2021
Please I need your response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 8:36pm On May 24, 2021
wandeykul:
I'm a first-time mum,my last period was 2nd of march, please how many weeks gone am I? My mother in-law said I should wait after some weeks before going for scan. I'm still having morning sickness. Thank you.

You are 11 weeks and 6 days pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:37pm On May 24, 2021
wandeykul:

FYI

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ThatPetiteChic: 9:40pm On May 24, 2021
Ibk555:
Lol...the glow is really nice. I don't know why pimples just want to spoil this fresh glow for me. My navel started popping since week 15, right now, it has fully popped out. The zip of my clothes are getting bad one after the other because of my belle. I am also in my 20th week and can't wait to see LO.

lady25:
You're eating for 2, allow LO to eat well biko cheesy. There's still enough time to do scan. Hopefully, LO will open bum bum and co-operate with you.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 2:03am On May 25, 2021
wandeykul:

Congratulations! Based on your last menstrual period, u are exactly 12 weeks old today and ur EDD is Dec 7. Welcome to team DECEMBER!
Don't worry MS will soon be over... hopefully... as ur first trimester is almost completed.
Oya come and register to team DECEMBER.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 4:34am On May 25, 2021
Great. Let us know how baby is doing
jieta:
thanks, we have gone to the hospital. And he has been attended to. Thanks alot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 4:36am On May 25, 2021
Team August o. Favourite hobby is checking calender grin
I don't know about delivery pack o. My hospital does not ask for that. They will give you list to go and buy your things and it's under HMO.
Maybe you should ask them for their list
shawrygal:
Good evening to you all. Congratulations to the mamas that have birthed their LO.
Team August , how are you all doing. I keep checking calendar everyday.

I have an issue, why does some private hospitals wants pregnant women to pay for the so called delivery packs in their hospital. They don't want you to bring the ones you have bought which is the same with the the things you already bought from the Market.
And most of their package are of low qualities.

I haven't made up my mind yet on the hospital I will birth my baby. But they insisted if I want to use their I must pay for their delivery pack. Am using HMO with the private hospital.

My second hospital is General. Have bought all the things on the list.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:13am On May 25, 2021
wandeykul:
Hi mama, congratulations to you. Go on playstore and download a pregnancy app, so you can keep track that way... I think some mamas have also answered you up there

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by supernet4(f): 7:23am On May 25, 2021
MumDiamond:

Hello mama!

I believe HMOs have different packages that they offer. You'd need to check with your HMO provider which package or plan you're under.

Some packages cover delivery, feeding, accommodation for you and a relative while some do not.

Others cover single birth, multiple births surgeries, vaginal delivery or CS.

Like you rightly mentioned, they help bear all or most of the costs.

However, you'd need to contact your HMO provider for your health benefits. This will help you plan better.
Alright thanks sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by supernet4(f): 7:24am On May 25, 2021
LeProfessor:

HMO stands for Health Maintenance Organization.

It is a network of hospitals that offer healthcare services, usually preventive. So you pay a premium on a plan and get access to healthcare service from any hospital in the network available on your plan of choice.

So for example if you pay 50,000 for a one year plan, the HMO will pay your hospital bills anytime you goto the hospital throughout the year.

Note: most structured companies have plans already for their staff (and spouses) so check with your HR dept (if you don't have a HR dept, you probably don't have a HMO plan).
Also most basic HMO plans do not cover child birth in the first year, so make sure to ask what your plan covers and the hospitals on the network before you pay for any plan.
Alright I'll do just that
Thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nifeseun(f): 9:53am On May 25, 2021
Good morning mothers,
Are you a pregnant mum or nursing mother, that loves to get your baby all he or she needs without breaking the bank, look no further because we have got you covered, check in here for your graco beds, swings that uses light and battery, bouncers and rockers, wooden baby cot with all accessories, car seats and all, at affordable prices. Check our thread on Nl

https://www.nairaland.com/5620603/barely-neatly-used-uk

You can also like our page on facebook
Olivemitch preloved uk baby items.. reach us on whatsapp 08061527265..

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 10:02am On May 25, 2021
If you're using an Android phone, go to Google play store and download BABY CENTER app. It's a good app. It will explain every week of your pregnancy and keep you up to date.

wandeykul:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 12:45pm On May 25, 2021
YummySuits:

Kai, I am on the list of those owing B.S o. grin Vigilante will not allow me see road, and since I am not breastfeeding directly, I'm pumping round the clock so no much time to do other things. I'll try submit before the end of the week cappo
Congratulations once again teamie.
How's our baby doing? Sorry if I may ask, why are you not breastfeeding directly?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by frances01: 1:09pm On May 25, 2021
Moms please there was something that happened to me on sunday morning, i woke up and sneezed like 2times, after about 10mins i went to use the toilet when i wiped off i noticed bright red blood stain on the tissue, i kept on checking for about four more times and the spotting was still there though only when i wipe that i will see it, it didn't last upto 45mins before it stopped, i spoke to my DR that morning he said i shouldn't worry that i should rest but if continue with pains i should come by monday though it didn't continue but am worried, am even afraid of sneezing now.
i will be 12weeks on thursday and a FTM.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YummySuits(f): 2:36pm On May 25, 2021
mydreams25:

Congratulations once again teamie.
How's our baby doing? Sorry if I may ask, why are you not breastfeeding directly?

Thanks teamie. Baby is doing great.

MomoAdura:

We dey expect o
Why are you not breastfeeding directly?

I didn't produce milk early enough, so baby was on formula. When I started producing little, he refused to suckle. He had problems latching on because of the size of my nipples, and also I think he got used to milk flowing easily from the bottle so each time we tried breastfeeding, after a short time he would get angry and stop. So I stopped trying, and pump round the clock except at bed time when I give formula.

To be honest I wasn't mentally prepared to breastfeed after delivery. Now that I am, it looks like it's too late to teach him, as he is not patient enough

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Briells: 4:23pm On May 25, 2021
Hi mamas, please can an experienced mama tell me the difference between NAN optipro 1, and NAN optipro 2. A friend advised me to continue with Nan 1 even when my baby crosses 6 months as it is more nutritious. Is it advisable?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 4:29pm On May 25, 2021
You can keep trying.
That constant expressing can drain someone....speaking from experience.
I had the same experience. My baby no even get patience. It was so bad that we went to the hospital. At some point, they made feel bad as if I was not trying enough. The experience was emotionally exhausting. No rest. When baby is sleeping that I'm supposed to be sleeping, I'm busy expressing. After hours of expressing, small thing of about 20ml will come out.
Do the best you can.
YummySuits:

I didn't produce milk early enough, so baby was on formula. When I started producing little, he refused to suckle. He had problems latching on because of the size of my nipples, and also I think he got used to milk flowing easily from the bottle so each time we tried breastfeeding, after a short time he would get angry and stop. So I stopped trying, and pump round the clock except at bed time when I give formula.

To be honest I wasn't mentally prepared to breastfeed after delivery. Now that I am, it looks like it's too late to teach him, as he is not patient enough
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunnybaby: 4:51pm On May 25, 2021
Krystalluv:
Team DECEMBER 2021

Pls let's drop our monikers and EDD under this post. Let me assist the cappo before she comes.

1. Krystalluv 11th

dunnybaby. 25th December
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 5:44pm On May 25, 2021
Goldie50:
If you're using an Android phone, go to Google play store and download BABY CENTER app. It's a good app. It will explain every week of your pregnancy and keep you up to date.

Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 5:44pm On May 25, 2021
dunnybaby:

dunnybaby. 25th December
Wandeykul 7th December
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 5:50pm On May 25, 2021
Omakraid:

Hi mama, congratulations to you. Go on playstore and download a pregnancy app, so you can keep track that way... I think some mamas have also answered you up there
Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 5:51pm On May 25, 2021
Krystalluv:

Congratulations! Based on your last menstrual period, u are exactly 12 weeks old today and ur EDD is Dec 7. Welcome to team DECEMBER!
Don't worry MS will soon be over... hopefully... as ur first trimester is almost completed.
Oya come and register to team DECEMBER.
Thanks ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (6148) (6149) (6150) (6151) (6152) (6153) (6154) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.