Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128954 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6228) (6229) (6230) (6231) (6232) (6233) (6234) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kinado(f): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
MumIbeji:
[/b]TEAM NOVEMBER[b]

ROLL CALL FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST

S/N....Moniker....EDD.....Gender
1. Sweetyie......... 6th
2. Toke21................11th
3. Wifeysist...........27th........ XX
4. mumibeji.............19th
5. Exceldamsel........
6. Onyinyechika08.....19th
7. Blackfinegirl.........
8. greatlinda...............28th
9. GreatGodwins.........20th
10. Kinado...................27th
11. Hanzee................. 13th........XY
12. Victoriouswoman....22nd
13. Lipsync.....................5th
14. Nnetriplet................. 20th......XY
15. Alooone..............

Fellow teamies how are we doing? We are getting closer to November **inserts dancing emoji**
Hope we have started shopping?
If you've checked for Lo's gender please kindly let me know, so it can be updated. It is well with us all.
May God make it easy for us.

#Teamsafedelivery
#Teamswiftdelivery
#Teammother&babyalive
We are doing fine cappo o! I haven't started shopping o. Next month tho. I went for scan today to check the gender of LO and to God be the glory i got what i told God i wanted. Please update gender to XY !

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kinado:
We are doing fine cappo o! I haven't started shopping o. Next month tho. I went for scan today to check the gender of LO and to God be the glory i got what i told God i wanted. Please update gender to XY !
Gender noted teamie.. Congratulations on getting what you asked God grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
THANKS Mamas & Papas for the likes & congratulatory messages.
We aprct u.

Am sorry, I cudnt get back on earlier, (after announcing BA)...
H.aches & pains (in d neck region) haff bin dealing with us.
Dey said its part of d epidural package.
Tho, I still prefer it to general. Yea, ts cool! wink
We r gettn beta.

Nawah o undecided Senior mamas!
Una nor tell me say na laidis e dey be o.#rollseyes#

@ harlygurl Nykeeola mummydes
CONGRATULATIONS Mamas...
@ Nykeeola...eh o cheesy , so we haff a twinnie wink
Rhemaville...Yes o. Was srzly waiting for theatre call den. grin
Senoraaquila....Yesi o, we don meuve.
27th was kinda Edd date den, ELCS moved us.
Safe delivery to d remaining belleful Mamas.
Its indeed a beautiful thing...
Can't get tired of romancing my beautiful little princess...her smile intoxicates me.. kiss
BS loading....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

cheesy cheesy grin Halcyon123

Notable mentions: ahnie, zaynie, proudmom38, tatacherie, iomoge, beedam, modath, alot of them cheesy cheesy

Memories

smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Notable mentions: à. hnie, zaynie, proudmom38, tatacherie, iomoge, beedam, modath, alot of them cheesy cheesy

Memories

Hey mama ! How's it going ? kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
So good to hear from you. Take care
Howyeh:
THANKS Mamas & Papas for the likes & congratulatory messages.
We aprct u.

Am sorry, I cudnt get back on earlier, (after announcing BA)...
H.aches & pains (in d neck region) haff bin dealing with us.
Dey said its part of d epidural package.
Tho, I still prefer it to general. Yea, ts cool! wink
We r gettn beta.

Nawah o undecided Senior mamas!
Una nor tell me say na laidis e dey be o.#rollseyes#

@ harlygurl Nykeeola mummydes
CONGRATULATIONS Mamas...
@ Nykeeola...eh o cheesy , so we haff a twinnie wink
Rhemaville...Yes o. Was srzly waiting for theatre call den. grin
Senoraaquila....Yesi o, we don meuve.
27th was kinda Edd date den, ELCS moved us.
Safe delivery to d remaining belleful Mamas.
Its indeed a beautiful thing...
Can't get tired of romancing my beautiful little princess...her smile intoxicates me.. kiss
BS loading....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fola90: 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
To the glory of God I welcome my baby girl today 13th August, at around past 3pm. We sha clocked 41 weeks sha, baby is 4kg with plenty tears. My bumbum hurts real bad. BS loading.

41 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 3:52am On Aug 14, 2021
maureensylvia:

Notable mentions: ah nie, zayn ie, proudmom 38, tatacherie, iom oge, be edam, mod ath, alot of them cheesy cheesy

Memories
Hey mama, it's been like ages
So good to hear from you
Congratulations on your BFP
Happy bumping and safe delivery in due time kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 4:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Fola90:
To the glory of God I welcome my baby girl today 13th August, at around past 3pm. We sha clocked 41 weeks sha, baby is 4kg with plenty tears. My bumbum hurts real bad. BS loading.
Waawu.....
See me smiling.. grin
@ 4kg shocked , we thank God.
Wehdun mama. Congratulations
Welcm princess. God nourish u

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 4:38am On Aug 14, 2021
senoraaquila:
So good to hear from you. Take care
Thanks mama. wink
We r still at d hospital, hoping to be discharged real soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wifeysist(f): 7:55am On Aug 14, 2021
Fola90:

Congratulations mama, God bless the baby and family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 9:19am On Aug 14, 2021
Northeastern:

I am seeking advice on whether it is possible to get pregnant as a binary person or do I need Jesus?

Please check your email
Replied.

I think I know who this is... By the way, how many monikers do you have on here?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2021
Wow. Congrats. 4kg?? You're too much. Quick recovery to you
Fola90:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Carmydoll(f): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2021
Mamas in the house, l greet you all.
New comer to the thread but have been following even as single lady.

Got married December 2019
Did HSG in April
Got pregnant July 2020 with fibroids
Had miscarriage in September 2020( worst experience of my life)
We stopped trying and went for Myomectomy in December 2020. Thank God for speedy recovery even though constipation dealt with me.

We were told to wait till 3 months before trying again so fast forward to April, May, June, nothing. So l changed to another doctor who sent me for another HSG.My tubes came out fine.

He monitored me for July cycle and gave me the HCG trigger shot. We followed with fasting and midnight prayers, hubby is very cooperative too, l bless God for him.

I am happy to announce to you that God has answered our prayers, still like a dream. l got a BFP this week via test strip. I also did blood test yesterday and it was positive too. From my calculation, we are 6 weeks. I will see my doctor on Tuesday to check heart beat and all. Wish me luck wink

54 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2021
whyworryPH:
TEAM FEBRUARY 2022

August roll call:

NAME EDD SEX
1. whyworryPH... 2nd
2.prettmum... 10th
3. bayobabe... 22nd
4. FlowerGirl040... 23rd
5. luuvlly... 23rd
6. Halcyon123... 28th
7. Aitee1..... Unknown

How are we teamies? Some of us are already in second trimester. My morning sickness has eased off completely that sometimes I wonder if I'm still pregnant smiley

What of you? Any relief yet? Have you gone for your dating scan? Feel free to share how you're faring with us.

Team February for easy and supernatural childbirth with healthy mothers.
I have been sick for the past one week. But I lost my baby today again... After I was happy i have had a replacement when I lost my 4 weeks old baby December last year. I can't just stop the tears right now. God why me cry cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemaville: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2021
Fola90:

Congratulations mama. Speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyajelili(f): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
I have been sick for the past one week. But I lost my baby today again... After I was happy i have had a replacement when I lost my 4 weeks old baby December last year. I can't just stop the tears right now. God why me cry cry cry
So sorry for your loss ma'am. May God Almighty turn your sadness to joy very soon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
Congratulations mama. Please ensure you are properly monitored by your doctor. We pray for smooth journey and safe delivery for you
Carmydoll:
Mamas in the house, l greet you all.
New comer to the thread but have been following even as single lady.

I am happy to announce to you that God has answered our prayers, still like a dream. l got a BFP this week via test strip. I also did blood test yesterday and it was positive too. From my calculation, we are 6 weeks. I will see my doctor on Tuesday to check heart beat and all. Wish me luck wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
Consolation hugs mama. You have probably cried enough. Pray that God wipes your tears and give you everlasting joy by blessing you with your rainbow baby. Stay strong
FlowerGirl040:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bennytwin: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
FlowerGirl040:

I m heart broken for you because I understand exactly how you feel. Having had 3 miscarriages previously myself.
But I m preggy now,though it is still early. But I m even so scared to join Feb mamas here. But I m praying this one stays.
It is well with you Sis.cry your heart out if you must,then stand up and be victorious once again!

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Northeastern: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
Anugod:
Replied.

I think I know who this is... By the way, how many monikers do you have on here?

Countless monikers.

I did not see your reply o, my email is empty. Send me a whatsapp message if you still have my number .......0289

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Firstlady001: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
dunnybaby:

Wow!pls how many weeks did you detect the baby's sex? Am 21 weeks.

It was detected at 20week + 5days at my anatomy scan
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by harlygurl(f): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2021
Thank you all for the messages, my milk has not been flowing since yesterday. I've massaged, cleaned and taken plenty pap but still the same. Baby is loosing interst already and I'm afraid that she's not feeding well. She's only taking water and little glucose. Can I hold on or buy baby food. I'm worried
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2021
Birth Story[center][/center]

Part 1
One of the things I enjoyed reading on this page are the birth stories so I’m here to drop mine. Team July 2020, I apologize for putting this here late, I just gave baby midnight food, might as well type my BS now. So here goes.
PS: I apologize for the long story, make una no vex, I like to talk and I been wan gist una how the thing go grin

I got pregnant when I was least expecting it, but what do you expect lol? My husband and I have been working from home since the pandemic started seriously in February of 2021, so Na the result of all the indiscriminate knacking be this. cheesy cheesy

I wouldn’t lie, I was disappointed cos the plan was to further my career as much as I can and have the third child sometimes in 2023. I didn’t even start seeing my OB until my first trimester was over cos I wasn’t happy that I got pregnant but slowly but surely I began to warm up to the idea.

At 16 weeks I checked gender and lo and behold, it was a girl! Omo times 1 million, I went crazy. I already had two boys, and finally my princess was coming. My elder sister especially went overboard and bought so many things I had to ban her from buying more stuff.

Anyways, pregnancy was textbook. No complications, no trouble no wahala. I was due on the 3rd of July. Our family friends from out of town were supposed to come and celebrate Independence Day (4th of July)with us and their parents and I really wanted to have the baby before my due date so I everybody can see her before the weekend was over. I had a nagging feeling that might not be the case and I won’t go into labor early (despite it being my third child and my OB saying I might go early) because for some reason my body likes to cook my babies till their due date. I had my first child on his due date and I suspect I would have had my second on his due date if I wasn’t induced 3 days before his due date due to cholestasis and low platelets count.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2021
Northeastern:

Countless monikers.

I did not see your reply o, my email is empty. Send me a whatsapp message if you still have my number .......0289

Thank you.
Wow. Sent twice since yesterday. Just decided to mention you here when I didn't get any response.

I've sent you a whatsapp message now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
Sha, OB started giving me pelvic exams starting at my 36 week appointment and I was already dilated to 1.5cm then. I was happy thinking I will have the baby soon. But for where, this girl would not budge. Everytime I go to the doctor, I was progressing but no sign of labor was coming other than the severe pelvic pain I’ve had to deal with all third trimester.

My last week of pregnancy, I started getting frustrated and irritated. I was angry, cranky and just helpless. I wanted this girl out but no luck. Then came my due date. I went to bed thinking I will be woken up with labor pains but I woke up feeling the best I’ve ever felt all third trimester. That was when I started crying, lmaooo. My husband was just looking at me and saying “sorry”. Around 2pm that afternoon, I got a burst of energy and started cleaning downstairs like there was some sort of emergency. After I finished I had the urge to take a shower, which I did. I didn’t go back downstairs, I laid on the couch upstairs in the loft and wanted to take a nap. That was around 4pm. That was when I started feeling the pains. I didn’t even pay attention. I mean it wasn’t super painful or anything, it felt like Braxton Hicks. But they were coming very frequently and back to back. I still didn’t believe it. I mean I had been having crazy Braxton Hicks for weeks now with no sign of baby.

My husband decided to take a nap with the boys and when he passed by me on his way, he noticed my face had changed. Hw asked me “what’s up?” And I replied “I don’t know o, but I don’t feel good”. I told him to go take a nap and I will wake him up if it gets worse. One hour later around 5pm, I couldn’t stand it again and my contraction timer said to go to the hospital as well, so I woke my husband. I told him to chill while I packed a backpack for the boys so we can drop them off at the babysitter where my sister will get them later that night or in the morning. He thought I was joking cos I was relatively calm and taking normal. I started looking for my older son’s sandals everywhere with no luck so I told him to take me to the store before we dropped them off so I can get him new sandals. He said okay.

We sha loaded everyone into the car around 5:30pm and off we went. When we pulled out of our street, I saw that he headed the opposite direction to the babysitters house instead of the store to get sandals but I didn’t even talk. I already put him in another pair of shoes anyways, and I didn’t even have the strength to tell him to turn around and go to the store. It was in the car that I started growling small small. Like play, like play, I started shifting in my seat and doubling over. Called my sister to tell her I was dropping the kids off at the sitter and she was asking me if I was feeling labor pains cos she literarily saw me that afternoon before she went to work and I was 100% fine. I told her not to ask me stupid questions and Sha get ready to go and pick the kids that night if I done come home. She got the drift and left me alone.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
Part 3

We made it to the hospital round 5:50 and I got down to enter the lobby while my husband went to look for parking. I was in the lobby getting my temperature checked and waiting for him, the security man was making small talk with me but I Sha wasn’t feeling well enough. I was struggling to answer. Once my husband showed up, I practically ran to the elevators. When we got the Labor and delivery door, I buzzed the intercom and told them to let me in. The nurse that answered had the audacity to be asking me if I was in labor. I nearly cussed her. I snapped at her and she quickly opened it.

The put me in a triage room, this was around 6pm. Strapped me with baby heartbeat monitors and she did a quick vaginal exam. She told me I was 5cm dilated. I was happy because I knew they would admit me and the on call doctor said the same thing. So they decided to transfer me to a delivery room. At that point my husband and I were still gisting o. Talking about Buhari and Nigerian politics. The nurse asked me if I wanted to walk or use the wheelchair, I said wheelchair cos the thing don dey pinch me small small. Immediately I got to the new room, I told her to please inform the anesthesiologist that I needed an epidural cos I didn’t wanna wait too long and they will now say it’s too late to get one or that he/she was in surgery (that happened with my first child). She said “okay” but they have to get my blood drawn first to check my platelets before they can get me an epidural. I said okay, get the lab people here. The lab lady came around 6:30 (I knew cos that was the time she wrote on the lab bracelet on my wrist) drew my blood. I asked her how long the test was gonna take and she answered “between 20 and 30 minutes). The nurse offered me IV fentanyl before I could get my epidural and I obliged.

That was when show started. Immediately the lab lady left, the pain went mad. I started gripping the bed and growling. I couldn’t gist with my husband again. I was still trying to suppress the pain. But when correct one hit me, I cried out loud! That was the beginning of it. I couldn’t control myself again I was crying out loud with every pain and this time it was back to back. Like less than 45 seconds break. The next time it hit me, I let out a blood curdling scream out of nowhere, even me sef shock! I didn’t know where that came from. There were two nurses in there with me and the one that admitted me said “I need to check her cos she might be ready to go if she’s in this amount of pain”. Lo and behold I was already 10cm and ready to birth. She yelled for the other nurse to go get the doctor and finish setting up the items for delivery. All these while, my husband was in a state of shock. He literally stood by my bed with a WTF expression on his face cos he’s never seen this kind of 0-100 labor before. How do you go from laughing and goofing around minutes ago to screaming like a banshee? grin

I no gree o. I told them to bring epidural cos no way in hell was I having this baby naturally. They said it was too late, I had to. How can it be too late when I was literally 5cm 30mins ago? Okay, give me the IV fentanyl you promised me minutes ago, she said it was too late as well. If they gave me now, baby will also get it and will come out doped up! Ha, temi bami. I sha started crying o. Sharp sharp, my bed transformed, stirrups came up and my legs were lifted. I felt the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my existence. It was exactly like the ring of fire they always described. At this point I didn’t even care again I just was letting the screams out louddddd. God bless my new nurse cos shift change was happening at that point, she came and held my hand and told me to conserve my energy and not scream. When the next contraction hits, to hold my legs and push like my life depended on it. I tried Sha. I pushed the first time, the second and the third and baby girl took her first breath in this world at 7:05pm. About an hour after I got to labor and delivery. It was magical and surreal.

She had ABO incompatibility induced jaundice like her brothers (I was already expecting that, when she got blood typed and it was a different type from mine) so she stayed in the NICU for one week undergoing phototherapy. Here was the shortest stay of my three kids and I chalk that up to my husband being proactive and making sure she got blood typed immediately after birth and my recovery nurse who happened to be Nigerian and advocated for the baby to be moved to the NICU immediately we found out her bilirubin level was very high when she was 12 hours old. Anyways, Na so the thing go o. Boots hung. Prayers for safe delivery for all pregnant moms and May all the women TTCing receive their goodness sooner than later. Over and out!

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Firstlady001: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Krystalluv:

OK oo.. They will soon clear road for us. Whao! Baby's sex is known already? Like say na me don know baby sex, I can't wait to know its sex so I can start shopping. Antenatal is in two weeks time, I hope baby will not hide o like the other mama's.
I guess we can start updating gender.
December mamas, oya be dropping gender o for update.

Cappo, gender is XY
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettmum(f): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
oh mine ,how did happened? So heartbreaking and is only God Almighty will console you and HE will soonest... please take heart...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luuvlly: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
So sorry. The Lord will comfort and give you a permanent smile very soon. It's well with you dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumy16: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2021
Good evening mamas, congratulations to those who are have birthed there LO....

And for us waddling mamas, we shall carry to term and see our boundle of joy was the sharp sharp and painless delivery...

Please my Oct. Mama how una dey..it's been long I login, I have a question, I don't know maybe am the only one experiencing this..
The heaviness on my VG area is getting too much, can't walk for long, it will looks as if something want to come of my VG..

Am also confused, the last time I saw my prioud. That's Jan. It's just one day...can it be implantation bleeding..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CharmyBliz: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
MamaOO:
Part 3

We made it to the hospital round 5:50 and I got down to enter the lobby while my husband went to look for parking. I was in the lobby getting my temperature checked and waiting for him, the security man was making small talk with me but I Sha wasn’t feeling well enough. I was struggling to answer. Once my husband showed up, I practically ran to the elevators. When we got the Labor and delivery door, I buzzed the intercom and told them to let me in. The nurse that answered had the audacity to be asking me if I was in labor. I nearly cussed her. I snapped at her and she quickly opened it.

The put me in a triage room, this was around 6pm. Strapped me with baby heartbeat monitors and she did a quick vaginal exam. She told me I was 5cm dilated. I was happy because I knew they would admit me and the on call doctor said the same thing. So they decided to transfer me to a delivery room. At that point my husband and I were still gisting o. Talking about Buhari and Nigerian politics. The nurse asked me if I wanted to walk or use the wheelchair, I said wheelchair cos the thing don dey pinch me small small. Immediately I got to the new room, I told her to tell the anesthesiologist that I needed an epidural cos I didn’t wanna wait too long and they will now say it’s too late to get one. She said “okay” but they have to get my blood drawn first to check my platelets before they can get me an epidural. I said okay, get the lab people here. The lab lady came around 6:30 (I knew cos that was the time she wrote on the lab bracelet on my wrist) drew my blood. I asked her how long the test was gonna take and she answered “between 20 and 30 minutes). The nurse offered me IV fentanyl before I could get my epidural and I obliged.

That was when show started. Immediately the lab lady left, the pain went mad. I started gripping the bed and growling. I couldn’t gist with my husband again. I was still trying to surprise the pain. But when correct one hit me, I cried out loud! That was the beginning of it. I couldn’t control myself again I was crying out loud with every pain and this time it was back to back. Like less than 45 seconds break. The next time it hit me, I let out a blood curdling scream out of nowhere, even me sef shock! I didn’t know where that came from. There were two nurses in there with me and the one that admitted me said “I need to check her cos she might be ready to go if she’s in this amount of pain”. Lo and behold I was already 10cm and ready to birth. I no gree o.

I told them to bring epidural cos no way in hell was I having this baby naturally. They said it was too late, I had too. How can it be too late when I was literally 5cm 30mins ago. Okay, give me IV fentanyl that you promised me minutes ago, she said it was too late as well, if they gave me now, baby will also get it and will come out doped up! Ha, temi bami. I sha started crying o. Sharp sharp, my bed transformed, stirrups came up and my legs were lifted. I felt the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my existence. It was exactly like the ring of fire they always described. At this point I didn’t even care again I just was letting the screams out louddddd. God bless my new nurse cos shift change was happening at that point, she came and held my hand and told me to conserve my energy and not scream. When the next contraction hits, to hold my legs and push like my life depended on it. I tried Sha. I pushed the first time, the second and the third and baby girl took her first breath in this world at 7:05pm. About an hour after I got to labor and delivery. It was magical and surreal.

She had ABO incompatibility induced jaundice like her brothers (I was already expecting that) so she stayed in the NICU for one week undergoing phototherapy. Here was the shortest stay of my three kids and I chalk that up to my husband being proactive and making sure she got blood typed immediately after birth and my recovery nurse who happened to be Nigerian and advocated for the baby to be moved to the NICU immediately we found out her bilirubin level was very high when she was 12 hours old. Anyways, Na so the thing go o. Boots hung. Prayers for sage delivery for all pregnant moms and May all the women TTCing receive their goodness sooner than later. Over and out!

congratulations ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6228) (6229) (6230) (6231) (6232) (6233) (6234) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.