Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8143689 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6237) (6238) (6239) (6240) (6241) (6242) (6243) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funky123(f): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
semisola:

See flexing na, be grateful

It’s most likely a baby boy..

she me carrying SHE up and down, DH will say this she you are always using who told you it's a girl, low-key I want girl sha grin grin
make I dey enjoy the flexing then
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preciousppearl(f): 4:47am On Aug 26, 2021
greetings all, I just treated malaria with artesunate, while on the medication my sense of smell changed like everything smelt alike and irritating to me, I had to change environment for few days cause I couldn't stand perceiving same smell everywhere I got to, the drug was for 3 days. just after three days and till now I don't seem to perceive any smell, I am breathing well and fine just that a house could be burning and I won't perceive a thing and the only taste I feel in food is the hotness of pepper.. is this in anyway normal in 2nd TRI ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Julietchy(f): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2021
semisola:

Hi Mama, sorry for the constipation have u tried using Enema ?

Thanks for your response. Can I carry the procedure out myself or how do I get it?. I haven't tried it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lizzieo(f): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2021
Iyajelili:

Are you rhesus negative and your husband rhesus positive? If yes, tell your doctor because there is an injection you should be taking.
What if they are of the same rhesus group, will she still need the injection?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by semisola: 10:35am On Aug 26, 2021
Julietchy:

Thanks for your response. Can I carry the procedure out myself or how do I get it?. I haven't tried it.

Yes you can, just walk into any big pharmacy and ask for enema solution kit..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Julietchy(f): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2021
semisola:

Yes you can, just walk into any big pharmacy and ask for enema solution kit..

Noted. Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyajelili(f): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2021
Lizzieo:

What if they are of the same rhesus group, will she still need the injection?
It depends. I think the person doesn't need to but because she already had 2 miscarriages, It is better to take the injection.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lizzieo(f): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
Please mamas,what is your advice on this compulsory Covid 19 for pregnant woman?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
jenny53:
Good noon Mama's please what can one use for jaundice for a 1week and 1day old babies, phototherapy seems not to be helpful pls its urgent the level was 10 last week this week its 12, pls mama help out
Pls any mama wey sabi shud pls attend to this worried mum.
I know this feeling... angry
***Are u still at d hosptl?
It is well mama.
Baby will be fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by horhizah(f): 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello guys, please is 3.0cm normal for cervix length in 23 weeks?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by exquizit(f): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
Krystalluv:
Team December 2021

#TeamFavour
#TeamHealthyBabyandHealthyMummy

Hello team mates! How are we all doing? How are LOs? So, this is the last week in August. Few months to go, let the count down begin!
Whats up with us? What are the latest? We seem too quiet in this group, are we all quiet people abi na d belle dey tie our mouths? At least, MS has totally reduced now, let's come out and make some noise o jare!
Let's drop gender if known.
Whatsup with shopping? Who's done shopping?
How is antenatal going?
Hope we are taking our prenatal vitals faithfully?

MONIKER.................. EDD..........GENDER
1. Krystalluv .................... 11th......... XX
2. Mizjemie ...................... 27th
3. Ify15 ............................ 27th
4. dunnybaby ................. 25th........ XX
5. karyss .......................... 2nd
6. eipreel ......................... 29th
7. wandeykul ................... 7th............ XY
8. frances01 ..................... 9th
9. BabyAvo .......................25th..... .... SURPRISE
10. Firstlady001 ..............15th........... XY
11. Senorita222 ...............29th
12. Mightyability ............ 25th
13. AwesomeGodIAv ..... ?
14. cutiereborn .............. 16th
15. chicaO2 .................... 21st
16. Nyxx123 ................... 20th
17. exquizit ..................... 13th......... XX

Pls notify me if any error or omission on the list.
Happy and healthy bumping to us.
#TeamFavour
#TeamNoLoss
#TeamEndOfYearGift

I'm sorry I didn't get any mention, just seeing this.
Yes o, I'm counting down already...if I'm this tired now I wonder how third trimester will be, it is well.
I've not started shopping yet, won't really buy much as my previous baby is a girl as well.
Hope you're doing fine too, I wish all of us smooth and safe bumping/delivery at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abikemii: 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
Graciousgirl20:
Good evening mama's, I know we are all doing well...
Please my question is, apart from always feeling discomfort every now and then, feeling sleepy,wanting to vomit after eating but won't, and spiting up and down undecided, I also eat like a thief now lol, I don't eat what I cook tho,but I'm eating like a glutton
Is there any other symptoms I should expect, cos I'm a first time mum....and I feel I should be feeling some movement in my Tummy,I missed d period last month?
Even tho I spotted last week and went to see d doctor, since then, I haven't seen any blood...

Hello ma, please what injection or drug did your doctor give you that made the spotting stopped? Cos I started bleeding too on Mon but subsided now but not fully stopped. And I am 5weeks gone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jenny53(f): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2021
Howyeh:

Pls any mama wey sabi shud pls attend to this worried mum.
I know this feeling... angry
***Are u still at d hosptl?
It is well mama.
Baby will be fine.

Yes ma we are
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciousgirl20(f): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
Abikemii:

Hello ma, please what injection or drug did your doctor give you that made the spotting stopped? Cos I started bleeding too on Mon but subsided now but not fully stopped. And I am 5weeks gone
He dint give me any injection, only drugs which I think is folic acid,bcomplex,vit c and blood capsule don't know d name...he told me to come back after 2weeks...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2021
jenny53:

Yes ma we are
Its not easy, but pls be strong for baby.
S/he will be fine by God's grace.
No cause for alarm...
A mama told me her baby got discharged at 12., and they continued with sun therapy wen dey got home.
All will be well IJN.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gjewel(f): 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
jenny53:

Yes ma we are

Just be strong for yourself and the baby. There is hardly what you can do while still at the hospital than to keep praying n keep you hope high. You can start other alternative treatment when the baby has been discharged
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2021
BS BS BS!

Got married August 2019.
Pregnancy refused to showface.
Tho, I wasn't shocked as to why, as I knew I had fibroids.
***Early January 2018, I had a severe tommy cramps, went for scan, & some smor smor lumps of fibroids were discovered (2)...

"Goan marry & get pregnant fast" the doctors said...
But I decided no fibroids can rush me to goan marry somebodi whose head isnor correct...(as twas even d time i dropd one stpdedeot i was dating undecided)...
I kept on going for scans regularly, & @ d same time watching my intakes...(upon all, tumors increased to 5)
"it shudnt hinder conception, BUT try and marry Fast, den get preggy fast" was dr anthem...

***Back to 2019, few months after weddn, pregnancy wasn't coming, & I started becoming worried...
At some point, mama & hubby said I shud quit business, as where I was running my V.profitable biz to where we moved to after weddn wr like" 2 regions apart"....so I quit, thinking stress was contributing to my inability to conceive...

February 2020, I started seeing Gyn @ general hosptl, but i had to lie I have been trying for more than a year so I cud be given attention...
Unfortunately tho, covid came, & I cud no longer meet wit dr Gyns dere.
As months were rolling by, my worries wr multiplying...
During the lockdown period, I came in contact wit posts and ppl who encouraged me surgery ain't a death sentence....
Fast forward to September 2020, I had myomectomy...to God's glory, I healed SO well. ***Middle of December, around 11weeks post surgery, we had a FAITH challenge prgm on the TTC thread, where we fasted, prayed and rounded up with our various FAITH bumps.
I dropd my 36wks5d old preggy look...
& i told God "FATHER! I don't know how U wanna do it, but make me preggy, even without ovulating - (cos twas my ovu period, & i had already concluded i didnt ovulate for that month, as I was so dry down dere & accordx to calc, i have past ovu. day)

***alas, shortly after d session, AF refused to show....twas indeed such a joyful evening wen I had a home PT test on d eve of d 27th of December 2020, & two beautiful sexy lines appeared!
A eleventh hour miracle indeed!!!

.....& so we started counting Trimesters.
Aside mild MS, fatique & some food aversions and cravings in d first trimester, then flu & malaria in d third, my pregnancy journey was SO smooth....

Right from the moment I conceived, I had made up my mind on CS, as my surgeon told me if I wanted to try VD at all, then I needed to wait @least 6months after surgery before trying to conceive (to allow my uterus heal well enuf to try), but I yinmu... undecided .I cant cant !

At 33weeks, Obgyn discussed mode of delivery with us as Epidural...(as against general anaesthesia used for myomectomy)
I read abt it from a mama here on this forum, & also surfed d net...I found it cool!
@35 weeks, I met again wit my Gyn, and week 37 was fixed for my CS.
Challenges came tho, that i started having some endless supplies of dispiriting totz, but in all, I remained calm, & pop dem outta my mind anytime dey come...
(Funds for surgery became a great worry, sotey Dh suggested postponement, but I insisted we left for d hosptl with just 40k (WC was just like one-sixth of d total bill) d day I was to be admitted, believing My God wud take charge.

On d D day, i was called into d theatre at 2:04pm(after hrs of delay), had a stop over at a room close to theatre, where I was given antibiotics drip, got into d theatre about 30mints later..
After checking my BP & all, anaesthesia told me she wanna insert d aspinal injection in my spinal region, she did, & i was asked to quickly move down befr i was no longer able to move my legs.
After lying flat, I was told to lift my legs, I cudnt, and then d Surgeon (my Gyn) walked in.
A curtain was used as a partition BTW myself and d two doctors operating on me.
The anaesthesia kept on engaging me with chat...& den surgery commenced.
I was cut open, all i cud see/feel thru d curtain was d surgeons hand' movement...

...My beautiful damsel screamed her tiny lungs out just within 10minites of d surgery' comncmnt at exactly 2:55pm weighing 2.6kg.�
Dey said she's clean and sharp, and had d loudest cry out of all babies delivered that day,�na award dem forget make dem give us for that... grin
She was shown to me for gender confirmation befr being taken away for cleaning.

My session took longer than mamas' who went in befr me because d surgeon came in contact with adhesion, which he took his time to separate...
I also heard him say my uterus is very strong, & this made me think probably I cud have been allowed to try VD tongue
I was wheeled out of theatre at about 20mints to 4pm...
***a thing I did, & wasn't really cleared on Y was why i bursted into uncontrollable tears d minute I heard her tiny voice till wen I was wheeled back to d ward...
I guess twas my way of Praising God...lol..

The day we wr to be discharged, her blood sample was taken for jaundice test, and result came as 10.27
I was so devastated, the weak me rose up, and started pacing up and down seeking answers to my many questions.
(Thanks Sugah for being there at a time like that-This mama took her time & airtime to calm the disturbed me befr we entered d photo therapy room, & even while we wr dere in da room....it meant a lot to me!
We aprct u mama. God bless!)
We spent a night dr, & d fflwx morning, dey came for her blood sample agn, after abt 2hrs, result came back as 8.6, & we wr discharged.

I suffered headache with neck region pain for about 5-6 days after surgery.
Was told its epidural procedure after-effect.

Still going for dressing, & so far, I have healed so well.
I just wanna thank God for taking absolute charge of THINGS!

My cute damsel is doing fine, & I can with all sincerity say; she is the cutest creature I have ever seen.
Her smile nah folo come... grin , and it doesn't cease to intoxicate me.
I barely sleep at daylights, Mama say she is shacking me ni.... grin
Vigilante is real real, & we r cool laidat. wink

***Attached below is a p.grid of my Faith bump pix (A) & reality bump(B), both at 36wk5d***
FATHER BE PRAISED!!!
I return all glory to Jesus, and use this opp. to humbly ask that more than HE surprise me, HE shud surprise my sisters both on TTC forum & offline sooner than they expect IJMN.

To all belleful mamas, may God make it easy for u.

August mamas that haff put to bed, oya pls biko abeg duala, let's rush dem with BSs. wink

Other waddling Aug mamas, oya do poo o, its less than 5days to Sep...
We can't afford to dash u out to mama Oliran o.

This boat shall land safely, & I decree no loss in Jesus' Mighty Name.

61 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 1:21am On Aug 27, 2021
You can write o. Quite an interesting B.S. I'm so happy for you. Thank God it all ended in praise. This fourth trimester is the real deal. It's easy to say sleep when baby is sleeping but visitors and other things won't let you. Hugs to you guys
Howyeh:
BS BS BS!

August mamas that haff put to bed, oya pls biko abeg duala, let's rush dem with BSs. wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 1:37am On Aug 27, 2021
Congratulations �
Howyeh:
BS BS BS!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 6:39am On Aug 27, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm new here.
My wife is 28weeks pregnant (her first pregnancy) EDD Nov 13th. But recently, she complains a lot about stomach pain. She said it's like some pains all around her stomach.
She vomits sometimes and also complain about body aches especially around her waist and knee.
Please is it something that is so risky or it's normal in pregnancy. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2021
Howyeh:
BS BS BS!

Very interesting and detailed BS, congratulations mama, May KK be everything you prayed for.

We are ready to receive anyone with love.

September mamas and papas, are we ready?!!!!!

Just like my first, Anxiety is coming up.

May God make it easy for us all, Aameen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giftedniye: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2021
Good morning sabi Mama please I need help on how to boost my blood count. It's currently at 29 and I am still in my first trimester. MS is really dealing with me, cuz to eat anything is a bring problem. The only thing I can take is liquid. Please I need suggestions on what I can drink that can boost my blood and give me strength till I'm able to eat normal. Thank you in advance mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loldar2000(f): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2021
Good morning, I am just joining the group. I am team March

Abikemii:
Good evening mamas in the house, I am a first timer here. Please I need advice. I have had two miscarriages the first was in 2019 December the second was 2021 May. But God surprised me this month of Aug, I started spotting on the 31st of July through Aug 2nd then I decided to do PT and I tested positive to urine twice and blood test twice positive too. I have been on progesterone injection since then which I take twice in a week and Doctor said I will take it for 3months, and duphaston. But on Mon I started bleeding with very mild on and off mild cramps. Doc asked I go do a scan today, the result shows threatened abortion, I will go see my gynecologist tomorrow. I am really scared cos I don't want to loose this baby again. Please Doctors and mothers in the house please I beg you in God's name advice me I am shaking as I type this. Please has anyone had same experience? Pleaseeeeeeee mamas

Exactly my story, I started spoting brown at 6weeks plus after 2 previous miscarriage and the following day, I bled. I visited my Dr and was scan. I was told I have subchorionic hematoma i.e. blood almost surrounding the baby and conclusion was threatened abortion. I was told to keep my feet up, infact for good 2 weeks, I didn't see my sitting room. Always on my bed, and if I need to pee I used potty and also drink water like a fish (at least 4liters of water everyday) after 2 weeks everything resolved. The sonographer and my Dr. were surprised.
Please try to do this, with God it will resolve

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2021
senoraaquila:
You can write o. Quite an interesting B.S. I'm so happy for you. Thank God it all ended in praise. This fourth trimester is the real deal. It's easy to say sleep when baby is sleeping but visitors and other things won't let you. Hugs to you guys
Thanks mama.
How body?
How our big sis?
Eager to read u BA...
Safe delivery IJN

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2021
Oliran:

Very interesting and detailed BS, congratulations mama, May KK be everything you prayed for.

We are ready to receive anyone with love.

September mamas and papas, are we ready?!!!!!

Just like my first, Anxiety is coming up.

May God make it easy for us all, Aameen.
Aaameen bidi ni lahi.. wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2021
Fabmummy:
Congratulations �

Thanks mama!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by madprophet(m): 9:27am On Aug 27, 2021
Join us tonight.....

God's name be glorified...

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abikemii: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2021
loldar2000:
Good morning, I am just joining the group. I am team March

Exactly my story, I started spoting brown at 6weeks plus after 2 previous miscarriage and the following day, I bled. I visited my Dr and was scan. I was told I have subchorionic hematoma i.e. blood almost surrounding the baby and conclusion was threatened abortion. I was told to keep my feet up, infact for good 2 weeks, I didn't see my sitting room. Always on my bed, and if I need to pee I used potty and also drink water like a fish (at least 4liters of water everyday) after 2 weeks everything resolved. The sonographer and my Dr. were surprised.
Please try to do this, with God it will resolve

Amen, thank you very much for your response sis, it means alot to me. I will be on strictly bed rest and take alot of water and I will never stop praying, and I believe in my ever faithful God that I will come back with testimony ijn, amen.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2021
Krystalluv:
Team December 2021

#TeamFavour

Hello team mates! How are we all doing? How are LOs? So, this is the last week in August. Few months to go, let the count down begin!
Whats up with us? What are the latest? We seem too quiet in this group, are we all quiet people abi na d belle dey tie our mouths? At least, MS has totally reduced now, let's come out and make some noise o jare!
How is antenatal going?

#TeamFavour
#TeamNoLoss
#TeamEndOfYearGift

Hiii Cappo, I just signed to know the latest only to see your post. I don't know why I don't get mentions. We are fine, so far soooo good. No complain at all. I don't know if I want to check for gender, I was team surprise with my first. Maybe we will check for gender but ATM we are not keen in knowing. Shopping will commence in oct by God's grace
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ify15(f): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
Krystalluv:
Team December 2021

#TeamFavour

How is antenatal going?

#TeamFavour
#TeamNoLoss
#TeamEndOfYearGift
Thanks for checking on us Cappo. We are fine ,we bless God. Though I was having this cramp feeling on Wednesday and yesterday, but i no longer feel it anymore.I had same in my first pregnancy and when i got to the hospital to complain the doctor said it was normal that it was as a result of my uterus stretching or something,he sha spoke big big English and afterwards prescribed paracetamol for me.So this time around,i no kuku go hospital as i have experienced it before at this exact time,i just,took the paracetamol too.I guess it worked to an extent. Antenatal has been going well too.For the gender,the last time I had a scan,the sonographer was not sure of the sex she was seeing,she said it's like it's a girl but she couldn't see the genital clearly because of the position of the baby, so she said she hopes the next time I do it,it will be more visible and evident.So for now, just put the XX there if there is any change subsequently,i will update you. Shopping just dey bottom of my priority lists now o,lol.Before November ending sha,i should sort it out by God's Grace. Lest I forget, waist pain and hooking of leg is a constant thing now.May God see us through o.Happy bumping to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
wentroublecomes:
My wife is 28weeks pregnant (her first pregnancy) EDD Nov 13th. But recently, she complains a lot about stomach pain. She said it's like some pains all around her stomach.
She vomits sometimes and also complain about body aches especially around her waist and knee.

Please, someone should assist us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kennybelle: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2021
wentroublecomes:

Stomach pain is not normal, to the best of my knowledge.

Some mamas vomit all through their pregnancy. Body ache, waist pain, muscle cramps are part of the package.

My advise is she visits her doctor just to be sure everything is okay. Please don't leave anything to chance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6237) (6238) (6239) (6240) (6241) (6242) (6243) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kinah(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.