Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8152318 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6249) (6250) (6251) (6252) (6253) (6254) (6255) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2021
Deezou:
My little boy arrived on 2nd September(my edd),we are both fine Alhamdulillah.sorry for the late announcement,na vigilante things.
Congrats to the teammies that have dropped and best of luck to those waiting
congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tifelola(f): 11:20am On Sep 08, 2021
Good morning mummies and daddies..I know things are hard I the country,reason why I'm doing this. Pls my baby and I needs your help(at least two people) so I can get even if its a tin of baby food for him latest by 2pm. Nothing is too small to help with pls..2058623754,UBA
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2021
Good afternoon preggy mamas. Trust you are all doing fine? May God sees you through the journey and deliver you safely. Please can someone help me with the link to this thread? Thank you so much in advance.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
Goldenheart002:

Thank u sis, I have zero cramps and pain though I'm still bleeding (minimally) doc said he used MVA

Oh good you have no cramps, it is well with you sis just rest well, everything will be fine. Hope you will have follow up appointment? i think mine too was that manual suction can't really remember

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2021
I was journaling causes of miscarriages on my wall on instagram sometime last year and mentioned autoimmune disease.
Among this class of illness is one called lupus by abbreviation.
Most people have never heard the word until they break down with a terrible flare(word to describe an attack of the sickness) in adult hood. They say its a chronic disease ie incurable (what God cannot do does not exist) and it has very many symptoms like fatigue, joint pains, chest pains and organ failure. Basically its a disease where your body sees your own body as an enemy and attacks it. So if a body is attacking it's own kidneys, liver, heart and lungs, what is a baby that it wont attack? The basic test for autoimmune disease of which there are many variants is called ANA. There is also a test called antiphospholid.
A Rheumatologist handles such cases. If you or someone tests positive for such or similar disease be proactive to begin treating it even if you have no symptoms. Another trouble with this sickness is that they say it is hereditary. Forgive my use of third parties. Oh and its more common in women.
Some women have had successful but high risk pregnancies with this illness, but a few people had this illness dormant and comes out by what doctors call truamatic experiences such as pregnancy, miscarriages and surgeries. So most times its good to get a diagnosis early to make your own decisions.
If you have or suffer this, surrogacy may work for you. Its your body fighting your baby in a pregnancy afterall. The baby grows in an atmoshere of support rather than attack.
This gives the baby a better chance at survival and end an history of miscarriages.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by madprophet(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2021
You are all invited for tomorrow prayer meeting

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breeezefe: 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
Goodafternoon Mamas.

I am soon-to-be first time mom.
My PT result came out positive early this morning and I am so excited to join this thread.

Please I will be needing your respected, experienced and professional advice. Thank You.

I reside in PH around Ozuoba. Please when and where can I register? And what should be the routines for me?

Thank You in Anticipation

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
breeezefe:
Goodafternoon Mamas.

My PT result came out positive early this morning and I am so excited to join this thread.

Please I will be needing your respected, experienced and professional advice. Thank You.

I reside in PH around Ozuoba. Please when and where can I register? And what should be the routines for me?

Congratulations.
I'm happy for you.
Big mommas in the house will put you through

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Limahgirl:
Good afternoon preggy mamas. Trust you are all doing fine? May God sees you through the journey and deliver you safely. Please can someone help me with the link to this thread? Thank you so much in advance.

Good evening all. Please I am still waiting for response. I want to send it to a friend that will soon become mum. I enjoyed what I learnt here as a FTM in 2020 and I have promised her to get her the link. Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
Limahgirl:
See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/6251#889053.200034

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please mummies that had tear/episiotomy during delivery. Were u injected before stitching. That is, was d area numbed before it was stitched??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Slizzords: 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
Sorry to digress , please how much is misoprostol?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Knock knock!! Been a while here grin. June mamas, how una dey? Our babies will be three months this September wink. I say make I greet una o. Cappo Chocome, I hail. Safe delivery to all belleful mamas and baby dust to GTC moms.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
Some do some don't. Mine was numbed before I was stitched up.
flawlesskayc:
Please mummies that had tear/episiotomy during delivery. Were u injected before stitching. That is, was d area numbed before it was stitched??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
Halcyon123:
Some do some don't. Mine was numbed before I was stitched up.
Ok dear.
So, u didnt feel pain atal throughout d stitching period?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
flawlesskayc:

Ok dear.
So, u didnt feel pain atal throughout d stitching period?
Felt pain at some point and I complained, so she added the dose. So it was painless all through
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 1:57am On Sep 10, 2021
Slizzords:
Sorry to digress , please how much is misoprostol?
The price will vary. Why not ask at the pharmacy this morning?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breeezefe: 4:52am On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:
Goodafternoon Mamas.

Any help for me on this ?

Good morning Mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 4:54am On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:
Goodafternoon Mamas.

Congratulations and welcome mama. First of all, you need to start taking folic acid one tablet a day. You can also add fesolate to it.

Some mothers prefer Pregnancare or other types of prenatal drugs (though expensive), it usually covers all the vitamins and nutrients you need for this journey.

Just speak to a good pharmacist in your area for more advice. But if you can't afford the expensive ones, your folic acid and fesolate got you covered. Some add bcomplex, calcium and vitamin c, but general hospital gives only folic acid and fesolate except there is need to add others.

Most hospitals won't register you for antenatal until you are up to 3 months. But some privates don't mind accepting you.

For now, try eating a balanced meal and take plenty water. Hopefully, you will not have morning sickness but if you do, you will be alright after 3 months cheesy

You may have more questions as your pregnancy progresses and you may notice some changes in your body like mild lower abdominal pain when your womb starts expanding to accommodate baby and the rest, feel free to share it here and mamas will help you out or direct you to your doctor when necessary.

For hospitals, other mamas here may suggest one, or you could ask mamas in your neighborhood for ideas. All the best!

Meanwhile, state your EDD so that your teammates will welcome you and you will be added to their group.

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breeezefe: 8:04am On Sep 10, 2021
whyworryPH:

Congratulations and welcome mama. First of all, you need to start taking folic acid one tablet a day. You can also add fesolate to it.

Some mothers prefer Pregnancare or other types of prenatal drugs (though expensive), it usually covers all the vitamins and nutrients you need for this journey.

Just speak to a good pharmacist in your area for more advice. But if you can't afford the expensive ones, your folic acid and fesolate got you covered. Some add bcomplex, calcium and vitamin c, but general hospital gives only folic acid and fesolate except there is need to add others.

Most hospitals won't register you for antenatal until you are up to 3 months. But some privates don't mind accepting you.

For now, try eating a balanced meal and take plenty water. Hopefully, you will not have morning sickness but if you do, you will be alright after 3 months cheesy

You may have more questions as your pregnancy progresses and you may notice some changes in your body like mild lower abdominal pain when your womb starts expanding to accommodate baby and the rest, feel free to share it here and mamas will help you out or direct you to your doctor when necessary.

For hospitals, other mamas here may suggest one, or you could ask mamas in your neighborhood for ideas. All the best!

Meanwhile, state your EDD so that your teammates will welcome you and you will be added to their group.

Thank you so much Mama. I truly appreciate.

Remain blessed

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breeezefe: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:

Remain blessed

My EDD is May 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NeroPapas(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:

Remain blessed

Congratulations mama.
The last reply really says it all. I just want to ask, how many weeks gone since you have EDD??
If you tested positive early this month I don't think you have gone for scan cos its too early for it to be detected by a scan. Though pregnancy is dated back to the first day of the last period so you may add two weeks to when you find out.
Secondly, Since you reside in PH, look for any Primary health care centres that has a scheme supported by Shell and register cos it makes the whole pregnancy journey less expensive.
Like I just registered yesterday for my wife at Rumuokurusi.
Lastly, my curiosity led me to a site when me and my wife read what happens on a weekly basis on pregnancy. Here is the link, it's a very good site.

https://www.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/8-weeks-pregnant

Open it and keep up weekly.
You're meant to do some early test now that the pregnancy is there.. That's to tend to you and the baby. Test like HIV, Herpatitis, Your HB and PCV level etc...
Aside, this nothing more. Just relax and pray more

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breeezefe: 11:55am On Sep 10, 2021
NeroPapas:

Congratulations mama.
The last reply really says it all. I just want to ask, how many weeks gone since you have EDD??
If you tested positive early this month I don't think you have gone for scan cos its too early for it to be detected by a scan. Though pregnancy is dated back to the first day of the last period so you may add two weeks to when you find out.
Secondly, Since you reside in PH, look for any Primary health care centres that has a scheme supported by Shell and register cos it makes the whole pregnancy journey less expensive.
Like I just registered yesterday for my wife at Rumuokurusi.
Lastly, my curiosity led me to a site when me and my wife read what happens on a weekly basis on pregnancy. Here is the link, it's a very good site.

https://www.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/8-weeks-pregnant

Open it and keep up weekly.
You're meant to do some early test now that the pregnancy is there.. That's to tend to you and the baby. Test like HIV, Herpatitis, Your HB and PCV level etc...
Aside, this nothing more. Just relax and pray more

Good morning Sir.

Thank You So much

Please which health care center in Rumuokwurushi?
As for the EDD, I just calculated. What do I know sef. �
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:

My EDD is May 13, 2022
May mama... God will perfect the testimony. Safe delivery to all pregnant moms.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:

Good morning Sir.

Thank You So much

I guess you calculated using LMP. if so put your mind at rest

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:
Goodafternoon Mamas.

Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Omo!!! Its like nobody wants to do cappo for preggy mamas for march .... I dont know how to do the cappo thingy but since nobody is showing... I will b acting cappo for team [/b]MARCH 2022.[b] until someone come up cs i tink na morning sickness dey hold una down lipsrsealed ... Team march 2022 mamas u r hereby welcm 2 submit ur names and EDD o kiss.. Thank you in advance cheesy... My name is kokaiye by d way grin, pls to meet u all kiss

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NeroPapas(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:

Good morning Sir.

Thank You So much

LOL... Me sef wetin I know grin grin
The Primary health Centre at Rumuokurusi is where I registered. And I believe they should have at Ozuoba cos its those health centers built by former Governor. They have the Primary health centres in almost all the communities.
So go to the one around you and find out but if you still choose a private hospital, no problem.
You can wait till the end of this month before you go for your early pregnancy scan. That'll give more data about the weeks and EDD.
Again, if you choose to use the health center, find out if they have HMO scheme in that center, register with them and the pregnancy must not have been more than three months before you register, if you register after three months of pregnancy, you won't qualify for the scheme.
What the scheme does is that it gives you a lot of benefits. Benefits like free drugs throughout the journey and when you give birth with them, you won't pay more than 10k....
We were using one private hospital... After going there to see a doctor two weeks back when wify wasn't feeling well and to really know if she's preggy after using strip at home. Though she had 1+ Malaria, at the end of that visit... Na 20k+ comot for my body and na Paracetamol and Folic Acid dem give us las las but they did all those tests I mentioned earlier.

And the health centres really have good hands cos it's She'll that runs some through Rivers State government. If you don't mind I can give my digit for easier contact. Shalom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ThatPetiteChic: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
breeezefe:
Goodafternoon Mamas.

Congratulations!

There is a health centre at ozuoba though I haven't used it. I stay at NTA, Location and I'm using military hospital at rumuola. I am a FTM too.

For now, I am enjoying my experience at Military Hosp and no strike. With the residents doctors on strike, UPTH and BMH are badly affected.

For antenatal fee at Milit Hosp:
Below 6months: 23/24k(can't remember precisely)
Above 6month: 33k

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NeroPapas(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:

Congratulations!

There is a health centre at ozuoba though I haven't used it. I stay at NTA, Location and I'm using military hospital at rumuola. I am a FTM too.

For now, I am enjoying my experience at Military Hosp and no strike. With the residents doctors on strike, UPTH and BMH are badly affected.

For antenatal fee at Milit Hosp:
Below 6months: 23/24k(can't remember precisely)
Above 6month: 33k

Oh that's wonderful. Military hospital is no doubt a really good place to register. But proximity for me is what I consider.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
I’m March but it’s too early to start adding…I will submit by oct nov
kokaiye:
Omo!!! Its like nobody wants to do cappo for preggy mamas for march .... I dont know how to do the cappo thingy but since nobody is showing... I will b acting cappo for team [/b]MARCH 2022.[b] until someone come up cs i tink na morning sickness dey hold una down lipsrsealed ... Team march 2022 mamas u r hereby welcm 2 submit ur names and EDD o kiss.. Thank you in advance cheesy... My name is kokaiye by d way grin, pls to meet u all kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojun50(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Please mums in the house
Pls recommend a good Fertility hospital for i and my wife in lagos here,

Mostly around ikeja. Oshodi. Iyana ipaja

(1) (2) (3) ... (6249) (6250) (6251) (6252) (6253) (6254) (6255) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.