Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142585 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) (6323) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by livelystone(f): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
semisola:

Thank God we are all doing fine, I can’t believe we have just one month left, when do you think it’s ideal to begin packing hospital bag?

I have started packing my bags, almost done sef. I have also started arranging things. My son gave a surprise early entrance 6 years ago, he came around 35wks+5. Then, I planned to do mass buying at 36wks and arrange but baby came before then, thank God for my friend that was available then.
Where I am presently, there is no one to run around for me, so I am planning everything early this time around

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Krystalluv:

Wow! Wow! Wow!
See as you kon finally port!!
Congratulations mama.
Team DECEMBER oya ooo, the floor don open oo
Cappo, did I miss your roll call or you haven't made it for December?
Please Teamies, I know we are all tired of pushing and walding but we are at the finish line already and some have ported to November.
Let's be more active in this our month, me been the main culprit of keeping quiet, but God has been awesome to us and it will all end in praise.
Congratulations to Teamies that have already ported and to the rest of us, God who started this good work will definitely see it to a beautiful end!
#TeamDecember
#EndOfYearGift
#TeamFavour
#TeamNoLoss

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mizjemie25:
BA! BA!! BA!

My babies arrived this sweet morning! 1 min apart! It’s a beautiful baby boy and girl
Team December I don port oo

BS coming soon!
Congratulations Teamie. They will be all you hoped for and more. Amen.
Please share your birth story.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omakraid:
My people, my people, una good afternoon. How's our weekend going and hope we are all pushing fine? May God strengthen and see us through and also provide for all our needs in Jesus name..
To afternoon gist, I read a post on One child + vasectomy on FP and it didn't sit well with me as I saw my gender as selfish cos that's too much of a request from the person who wants just one child.. Experienced mummies, make una chook mouth, can you request such from your husbands because of "Buhari's economy" and whats your take on having one child cos I see it as a risk.

Why vasectomy, why not Family Planning
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
wentroublecomes:

Why vasectomy, why not Family Planning
Well, she said family planning or anything done on her might fail so it will be better done on the guy to be sure she won't be getting pregnant
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omakraid:

Well, she said family planning or anything done on her might fail so it will be better done on the guy to be sure she won't be getting pregnant

She can as well remove her womb. Lobatan
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
wentroublecomes:

That's the response she got from many shaa, very funny thread and to think she thinks the guy has ulterior motives for not agreeing to vasectomy in marriage is funny.

How's baby's eyes now, hope its better?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
wentroublecomes:

That's so misogynistic of you and lots of men out there. Women do family planning all the time which they have to live with the effects such as adding weight and the rest. I don't think African men sacrifice like their women does and still do.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omakraid:

Happy weekend to you too and Amen to the prayer.
My cappo, you should know by now that anything is obtainable at any time in the belleful journey cheesy that's how one spot on my right back side has been paining me anytime I cough or want to turn but it is well. Sorry, sorry...
Am aunt of mine visited me and I was telling her of the bad cough encounter I had and all she said was shey I'm not peeing on myself? That wen she was loaded with one of her children, she pees on herself whenever she coughs and couldn't go to work for 4 months. It's different strokes for different folks
See teamie, I learnt to keep my mouth shut with Ms but you see this back pain ehn? Tohh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
kokaiye:
omg!!! Nairaland suppose get rollin on d floor laughing emoji oo... Welcome to d club babe, u don join que b dt grin
Why do I always make you laugh? Abeg you go pay me because this thing is not funny �. You'd think I'm 8months pregnant with the way I push myself forward due to the back pain.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omakraid:

That's the response she got from many shaa, very funny thread and to think she thinks the guy has ulterior motives for not agreeing to vasectomy in marriage is funny.

How's baby's eyes now, hope its better?

Doing vasectomy isn't a crime. I can do it after 3 kids but optioning for it just after a kid is not acceptable.
Baby is much better now. Doing well.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 5:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Expectantmom:

That's so misogynistic of you and lots of men out there. Women do family planning all the time which they have to live with the effects such as adding weight and the rest. I don't think African men sacrifice like their women does and still do.

I respect women a lot and I know what they pass through. I will never show hatred for one.
But telling a man to go for vasectomy after just a kid doesn't make sense cos there are some risk of not been able to impregnate again.
I can request for it after 3 kids coz that's my maximum point, but telling me to go and do vasectomy now after just a kid is evil. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
Expectantmom:

See teamie, I learnt to keep my mouth shut with Ms but you see this back pain ehn? Tohh
Sorry, seems its part of the package. You should learn about how to manage it while it lasts
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by semisola: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
livelystone:

I have started packing my bags, almost done sef. I have also started arranging things. My son gave a surprise early entrance 6 years ago, he came around 35wks+5. Then, I planned to do mass buying at 36wks and arrange but baby came before then, thank God for my friend that was available then.
Where I am presently, there is no one to run around for me, so I am planning everything early this time around

Really?
I was thinking of packing mine at 36weeks, did you have a spontaneous birth or it was an emergency?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Expectantmom:

It's like you didn't get the gist, I'm female YES but he is right on that. Imagine having a brother that's dating a lady whom when they talked about having children in marriage insisted on one child and out of love he agreed and she goes further to say after that one child he should go for vasectomy (abeg oo) which he doesn't agree to as there are other methods of family planning.. Yes, the economy is bad but should vasectomy be a thing of consideration after 1 i repeat 1 child? What if something happens to that child (God forbid), what's left for the man or what if something happens to the woman (God forbid too), the man will remain stuck. So if she insists its just one child, she should remove her womb. My opinion

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
semisola:

Really?
I was thinking of packing mine at 36weeks, did you have a spontaneous birth or it was an emergency?
Mummy please pack early ooo if you have the strength to cos of body changes like laziness as baby advances and puts pressure on the pelvis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omakraid:

It's like you didn't get the gist, I'm female YES but he is right on that. Imagine having a brother that's dating a lady whom when they talked about having children in marriage insisted on one child and out of love he agreed and she goes further to say after that one child he should go for vasectomy (abeg oo) which he doesn't agree to as there are other methods of family planning.. Yes, the economy is bad but should vasectomy be a thing of consideration after 1 i repeat 1 child? What if something happens to that child (God forbid), what's left for the man or what if something happens to the woman (God forbid too), the man will remain stuck. So if she insists its just one child, she should remove her womb. My opinion

It's on front page for anyone interested.

That's a selfish feminist. If she had to persuade him to agree to only 1 child, she should look for ways to not have any more. The guy was already not on board and the fear of uncertainty in life will scare him away from such a life changing decision.

Why did she feel bad when he told her that the family planning would be done one her?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

It's on front page for anyone interested.

That's a selfish feminist. If she had to persuade him to agree to only 1 child, she should look for ways to not have any more. The guy was already not on board and the fear of uncertainty in life will scare him away from such a life changing decision.

Why did she feel bad when he told her that the family planning would be done one her?
Abi na, as a woman, even if I have 100 children I don't think I can persuade my partner to do such neither do I think I can also tie my tubes.. People would say its because one is thinking of bad things but hmmm, it is well sha

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mizjemie25: 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Please who has used dr gym electric breast pump?? I’m trying to express but can’t seem to find my around it even after following all the instructions
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mizjemie25:
Please who has used dr gym electric breast pump?? I’m trying to express but can’t seem to find my around it even after following all the instructions
Maybe you should check out how to use an electric breast pump on YouTube, moreover Dr gym electric breast pump has a review there too. You can also watch for helpful tips
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by livelystone(f): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
semisola:

Really?

It was emergency, I had preeclampsia, baby came out the following day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bilsworld61: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
semisola:

Thank God we are all doing fine, I can’t believe we have just one month left, when do you think it’s ideal to begin packing hospital bag?
I have started packing my hospital bag o....I don't want any surprises especially since this is my second baby...though my first came at 41 weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splasshhh(f): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mothers,

After a cesarian birth, How long is adviced to wait before conception?
Any personal experiences should also share.

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Docile1: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
DO NOT PUT BREAST MILK IN YOUR BABY's EYES. It could lead to more serious infection and worsen the situation. See an eye doctor (optometrist or ophthalmologist).

Also you can get erthromycin ointment. Make sure those around him always wash their hands and try to maintain good hygiene.

Quote wentroublecomes:
Thanks a lot. She told me they av been putting drops of breast milk. But I'll ask for her update about his eyes today.
Thanks a lot ma'am [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thanks for the reply…very helpful…to sanitize I’ll just use 2sure spray and baby wipes to clean… then put on the cloths
Omakraid:

Hello mama, I don't know if saying you "should" wash them is correct but it's okay you do cis those clothes were packaged by people... Detergent and warm water alone is okay though you can add savlon(heard its good for baby's skin... You can wash in the machine for new ones, just set your machine to the mild wash for gentility but if you have 'okirika' outfits, I'll suggest you wash with you hands.... You can thoroughly clean your baby hanger and spread on it..
My own question is how do you plan sanitizing your wardrobe
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thanksss cappo …very helpful
kokaiye:
Me is very gud, tnk u.... wow!!! So many questn....
1. Yes, wash baby clothes new or used b4 using dem for new baby cs of d chemical dey use on new clothes is harsh 4 new born baby.
2. I dnt ve washin machine wen i had my first but even now dt i ve i am considering hand washin baby clothes cs washin machine isnt gentle on clothes.
3. U can definitely use any detergent thou.
4. Pls no antiseptic n no salvon abeg not even in his bathing water if u dnt want ur baby to break out in alefo n ela (skin rashes), take away salvon or dettol frm ur baby... Say no to chemical produce products.
5, Hanger ooo, wire ooo, it doesnt matter... Wen my baby hanger spoilt, i endup spreadin his clothes on wire n nothing happened.... Happy bumping grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
shutupareyouGOD:
Thanks for the reply…very helpful…to sanitize I’ll just use 2sure spray and baby wipes to clean… then put on the cloths
Ok ma, thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Splasshhh:
Mothers,

After a cesarian birth, How long is adviced to wait before conception?
Any personal experiences should also share.

Thanks
There are different answers to this, particularly docs would say 2 - 3 yrs.
For personal experience, I have an aunt who "mistakenly" got pregnant when her first child was 5 months, people including her siblings said a lot which she didn't allow get to her, she cut them off at that moment so their negative talks won't instill fear in her. Guess what, she had that baby girl through vaginal delivery and only called her siblings who didn't believe until they saw her.
Mama, if you aint pregnant yet, wait for up to 2-3 yrs before considering it and if you are, congratulations, don't listen to negative things people might say and work closely with your gynaecologist.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunnybaby: 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
Good day mamas,I just want to share my experience on boosting PCV. When I was 26 weeks,it was discovered that my PCV was 29% which wasn't surprising to me because my two previous pregnancies were also like that. So,the doctor told me to take ugu and malt everyday for four weeks(I didn't take it more than twice) I was also given jawaron blood tonic. At 30 weeks,I went back and PCV was still 29. My mum came over when I was 35 weeks and brought jehovah witness leaf. She cooked it in a big pot and we warm it once everyday. I didn't take it more than 4 times o. At 36 weeks, I went for check up, lo and behold PCV has gone to 33%. As I type now,a cup of the jehovah witness leaf juice is beside me. I have made up my mind to drink it daily till the leaves have no juice again. I must reach the normal PCV range(34-45). Moreso,I may have this baby through C.S so I need my blood level to be high.
Moral of my story is to get jehovah witness leaf if your PCV is low. Thanks for reading.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
dunnybaby:
Good day mamas,I just want to share my experience on boosting PCV. When I was 26 weeks,it was discovered that my PCV was 29% which wasn't surprising to me because my two previous pregnancies were also like that. So,the doctor told me to take ugu and malt everyday for four weeks(I didn't take it more than twice) I was also given jawaron blood tonic. At 30 weeks,I went back and PCV was still 29. My mum came over when I was 35 weeks and brought jehovah witness leaf. She cooked it in a big pot and we warm it once everyday. I didn't take it more than 4 times o. At 36 weeks, I went for check up, lo and behold PCV has gone to 33%. As I type now,a cup of the jehovah witness leaf juice is beside me. I have made up my mind to drink it daily till the leaves have no juice again. I must reach the normal PCV range(34-45). Moreso,I may have this baby through C.S so I need my blood level to be high.
Moral of my story is to get jehovah witness leaf if your PCV is low. Thanks for reading.
Thank God for the boost and safe delivery to you. Please attach the pictures of the Jehovah witness leaf

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunnybaby: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
By
Omakraid:

Thank God for the boost and safe delivery to you. Please attach the pictures of the Jehovah witness leaf

Amen. I didn't snap the leaves but it's on the internet.maybe I should just snap the pot of agbo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funky123(f): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
dunnybaby:
By

Amen. I didn't snap the leaves but it's on the internet.maybe I should just snap the pot of agbo.

Since you have seen it and recognize it, please help us attach google picture so we won't go and be boiling deeper life leaf o grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) (6323) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.