Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8177125 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6364) (6365) (6366) (6367) (6368) (6369) (6370) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
peggygee:
Good morning mamas in the house, i am officially registering for Team August.... I'm happy Team Sept left me this time around grin.
August cappo abeg register my name sharperly o
As you officially register for Team August, you can officially become the cappo o. Welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beautifulsenora: 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
Towerofgrace:

if you are in Nigeria, ask your Dr about the routine malaria preventive drug. It is in tablet form routinely given 1ce in 4 weeks mostly starting between 16weeks - 18weeks or even at 20weeks but definitely after you start having quickening, it is to prevent malaria in pregnancy, i use both govt and private hospital and they both take it very seriously.

it is not same as TT vaccine
Hi Sis, How are you doing. Hope you don't mind checking your email. I just sent you 2 messages.Cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Beautifulsenora:

Hi Sis, How are you doing. Hope you don't mind checking your email. I just sent you 2 messages.Cheers

i have responded Sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
Bennytwin:

Please what is the name of ur electric pump dear? Thanks

Evenflo electric pump.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
Omakraid:

I tell you oo, plugging the pump to the breast always get me thinking. Maybe that's why many mums buy manual as naija light no steady (fluctuations up and down) . If the thing has battery it will be very good ooo

Some come with the option of using either battery or electricity.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
Funky123:

My ANC check BP, weight, blood, urine, protein in urine too, the doctors measure the tommy(they always have taperule) and one other thing they put in the tommy to check baby heartbeat

My hospital do all the necessary test on the first day. Subsequent months, they only check weight and BP and carry out a scan. I still go because it is an opportunity to go to work late and just lazy around.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
MGeey:

Some come with the option of using either battery or electricity.
Oh, thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
MGeey:

Evenflo electric pump.
Does it use battery or electricity or has both options and how does it feel when pumping while plugged to light?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
7pages:
Doctor in the house please help me analyse this result

To my own little knowledge, I think the sperm is not well arranged. I mean motility is too small
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyphemiett: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
Good evening here, my name is Tonia I'm new here ,I am team July 4 but I prefer to be team June �.hope I'm welcome here

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nyphemiett:
Good evening here, my name is Tonia I'm new here ,I am team July 4 but I prefer to be team June �.hope I'm welcome here
You are very welcome ma, safe delivery to us all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
Omakraid:

Nawa oo, different strokes for different folks. It is well with us all
Seriously. Before to take one orange is war. Now I can take it only for dinner. It helps with constipation which is a huge bonus coz that thing can be a b*tch!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nyphemiett:
.Why now cry
I'm hoping for team mates. Also July 6, but going by history more likely to be late June. Still undecided here grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Preciousppearl:
here I am forcing myself to take fruits and vegetables which normally I could live on but pregnancy changed it for me.thankfully I don't react to my routine drugs. God will see us through.
By His grace. After two journeys, ii learnt the hard way not to even try drugs.
Las las, the end goal is to have healthy babies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamavic: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Richwifey:

Hi dear, if its done by an expert sonographer, in a good scan center/hospital with updated machine. Then, it can’t be wrong.
However, u can go for another scan elsewhere just to confirm.
God will grant ur Heart Desire.

Amen. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamavic: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Omakraid:

Under pressure ke? Please don't pressurize yourself oo. If the scan was done by an expert, you don't need to be afraid. Better still, go to another place and redo it, you can even ask the sono to show you the genitals... To cap it all, many did several scans at several places and eventually had a different sex, that is to show God supremacy, so God's will should exceed all

Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by impeccablerose: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thanks for your detailed responses. I'll still bring it up with my OB and hear what she has to say. They have been pushing me to get the flu vaccine too and I was told I might feel COVID vaccine reactions for like 1 or 2 days. These pregnancy symptoms are overbearing enough and i don't want any additional reactions, abeg. I had COVID vaccine in my first trimester and I practically cried from the "sick feeling" the next day. Not again.

kokaiye:
which country are u? I didnt get it in uk too... Wen i ask my midwife she said they dont administer it, she asked y i asked abt TT injection, told her i had it wit my first in Nigeria, she den said people dont get tetanus in uk so dey hv no reason to b given it.... The only injectn i get is flu and whooping cough vaccine n as usual disturbing me to tk d covid vaccine but not gonna tk dt until after baby arrive

Orlolahdey:
TT injection means Tetanus shot nd u were suppose to take d first shot at 24weeks while d second shot a month after,then d next after will be 6months after d second shot, forth shot will be 6mths after d third one.. it's must sha be 5 shots nd if u were able to take all d 5shots before another pregnancy occurs u don't need to retake them but assuming you took just 2or 3 nd another pregnancy occurs u will start from scratch. This is d best i can say about it as a FTM that I am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ah, i will wait for our cappo to come grin, I'm sure she is still resting

Omakraid:

As you officially register for Team August, you can officially become the cappo o. Welcome

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thanks moma, i will wait for her to come

kokaiye:
welcome ooo.... I dnt think August team hv a cappo yet.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 12:00am On Jan 21, 2022
I v been reading for hrs just to keep up. So much to learn. Congratulations to January mamas who have given birth,n to d mama who ported.pls ginger us with BS.
BeautyUche,hope the pain n numbness have subsided?i don't have idea abt d symptom, n Google can just be scary.U should be Team April,i v decided to register u by fire by force, kindly give your EDD.
Cabasaa03, you are welcome.We love to see men standing in for their women. U will be added at next update.
Thank God mamas mentioned breast pump mata, I was thinking of buying manual b4. Pls is it because of d stress of pumping or it doesn't work as electric ones.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:17am On Jan 21, 2022
peggygee:
Ah, i will wait for our cappo to come grin, I'm sure she is still resting

Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:18am On Jan 21, 2022
miracletoday:
I v been reading for hrs just to keep up. So much to learn. Congratulations to January mamas who have given birth,n to d mama who ported.pls ginger us with BS.
BeautyUche,hope the pain n numbness have subsided?i don't have idea abt d symptom, n Google can just be scary.U should be Team April,i v decided to register u by fire by force, kindly give your EDD.
Cabasaa03, you are welcome.We love to see men standing in for their women. U will be added at next update.
Thank God mamas mentioned breast pump mata, I was thinking of buying manual b4. Pls is it because of d stress of pumping or it doesn't work as electric ones.
It doesn't pump much milk and it's stressful using it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by successhungry: 6:32am On Jan 21, 2022
impeccablerose:
Good days mamas.
Please for those in late second trimester / early third trimester, has anyone taken the TT injection?
If no, at what point is one supposed to get it?
My Doctor in Nigeria mentioned it twice but my OB here has not said anything about it. I intend to ask her during my next visit.

Hi,mama. I got DPT(TT) @ 27weeks here in Ca. You cant get it earlier than 27-32weeks. The ob/gyn will mention it when next you see.

Modified: if she doesnt,please ask. Ask and ask questions. There's no perfect healthcare system anywhere. You hear medical rules that are soo 'irritating' here

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by successhungry: 6:37am On Jan 21, 2022
miracletoday:

Manual breastpump grin abort mission! I repeat abort mission grin especially if you have massive brezz. Its tiring and makes a mess- from my personal experience

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by successhungry: 6:44am On Jan 21, 2022
Hi,mamas
Abeg o; i need help.
I've been having show since Sunday. Last VE says I'm 2cm dilated. I have done squats( greatest mistake in recent time), danced small....no labor progress. I dont have that Yoga ball(the 'ijebu' trait and laziness to be blamed here).
Cant take a walk lest i fall.
Is there any other thing i can do? I've been sooo down..I'm 39weeks gone today.
I'd really appreciate any other suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2022
impeccablerose:
Thanks for your detailed responses. I'll still bring it up with my OB (here in Canada) and hear what she has to say. They have been pushing me to get the flu vaccine too and I was told I might feel COVID vaccine reactions for like 1 or 2 days. These pregnancy symptoms are overbearing enough and i don't want any additional reactions, abeg. I had COVID vaccine in my first trimester and I practically cried from the "sick feeling" the next day. Not again.

oh i c... Say no to d vaccine 4 now biko.... I didnt gt d vaccince but my body ve built an antibodies 4 it now bcs I kuku finally got infected wit d covid n my body fought it cs der was a covid wave in uk early dis january, almst everybody had it.... d symptoms is mild even milder dan having malaria, d symptoms came under 24hrs n went on his own. I dnt ve d fear 4 it anymore... I b Nigerian!!! our immune system is very strong bcs of where we come frm... Covid gat nothing on us lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2022
miracletoday:
lol... Cappo dt is alwz absence lol grin d team mates sef no go dey ginger up na... Imagine me alwz thinking expectantmom is team April cappo .... Anyways to ur questn o... Everything Manual can nva work lik electric cs obviously it is manual, i hv knwn dis sinc wen my mom was nursing my siblings, she was alwz frustrated using manuel breast pump... Den we dont ve electrical breast pump... Tnk God we hv electrical ones now dt is savin mamas frm stress of pumping yeyyyy!!!! Didnt use it wit my first bcs i was a stay at home mom den so i c no reason i shld use it but dis time around i gaz resume work after baby is here n i plan on doing EBF 4 a yr 4 baby so to do dt i need d electric breast pump to achieve my goal.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2022
successhungry:

Manual breastpump grin abort mission! I repeat abort mission grin especially if you have massive brezz. Its tiring and makes a mess- from my personal experience
grin grin.... Lol... Our mama ve big bwezz grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2022
successhungry:
Hi,mamas
Abeg o; i need help.
I've been having show since Sunday. Last VE says I'm 2cm dilated. I have done squats( greatest mistake in recent time), danced small....no labor progress. I dont have that Yoga ball(the 'ijebu' trait and laziness to be blamed here).
Cant take a walk lest i fall.
Is there any other thing i can do? I've been sooo down..I'm 39weeks gone today.
I'd really appreciate any other suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Oya!!! BA LOADING !!! Our mama is preping down grin ... Ve u tried cranberry fruit or tea, anything dt cranberry is inside sha... I hrd it works... Try d cranberry n pineapple... Be takin dem as if dey r ur normal food...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 9:17am On Jan 21, 2022
miracletoday:

For the manual /electric brezz pump matter, let's look at these examples,
blowing lots of balloons by mouth VS blowing all the balloons by electric pump,
OR
Blowing up a whole ram by mouth VS letting vulganizer pump air into the ram,
OR
Blowing up a tire with manual pump VS letting vulganizer pump air into the ram,
OR
Travelling by road to Abuja VS taking a flight
OR
Counting million notes by hand VS using a counting machine

Bottom line is manual breast pump works oo, but the stress ehn, you will achieve more in same or lesser time with less stress/effort when you use electric pump. My sis had carpal tunnel syndrome when she had her baby and she was using manual pump, imagine the horror.

Anyways you gerit, if you don't gerrit, forget about it grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2022
successhungry:

Na serious abort mission!!! I just love these mamas with their sense of humour

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6364) (6365) (6366) (6367) (6368) (6369) (6370) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.