Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,578 members, 7,843,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8222702 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
oselin:
Hello pushing and vigilante mamas in the house, have been a silent follower and I love d good work u guys are doing. Am happy to announce my pregnancy, it's just 11 weeks old by d grace of God. EDD is February ending.

Welcome on board team mate...#Februaryrocks#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
Tyconcepts, the baby can still turn till I guess 36th week. I remember my son was breech till the 30th week only for me to do scan at 38th week and he had turned. I did nothing to make him turn.
I did read that since they can see light now, you can point torchlight towards your lower abdomen, the light will encourage him to turn.

Dont worry yourself, he will turn if he wants to. There is little or nothing you can do and it is nothing you did or didnt do.
Depending on the type of breech he is ( buttocks/ legs) there is still a chance for vaginal delivery. I think I also read that they can be turned by an expert just before delivery. I dont know much about this or the risks involved sha.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
Almost 37 weeks gone...

I avoid taking walks, cos each time I do, i start contracting so bad I may need to sit down. Is it normal at this stage?

I don't even want to step out of the house. The pnly place i feel good is in bed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram:
Almost 37 weeks gone...

I avoid taking walks, cos each time I do, i start contracting so bad I may need to sit down. Is it normal at this stage?

I don't even want to step out of the house. The pnly place i feel good is in bed

Hahahhhahaa feeling good in bed indeed.
Well at 37weeks I believe the baby is term already. Remember that calculations are usually +/- 2 weeks, so for all we know you could be almost 39 weeks gone now.
Only God knows.
Why dont you see your Doctor, it could be false labour too.
Pele.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram:
Almost 37 weeks gone...

Pls don't stop the walks, it will help you. Walk short distances, rest if you need to but pls don't stay in bed all day. It's normal for you to start contracting lightly at this stage; in one or two days, you will be full term(38 weeks) and ur angel is good to go.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
tyconcepts:

Secondly I did a scan at 32wks and it showed baby in breech, my Doc told me to chill that baby still have time to turn. I visited my local midwife who checked and said baby is in normal position that I should ignore my scan result...Who do I believe??

The doctor could be right. Don't panic just yet. U do still have time for the baby to turn. baby I had in my previous delivery was in breach position at 36 weeks. Was told by the doctor that there was possibility of the baby turning b4 EDD. By my next appointment the following week, he confirmed that the baby had actually turned.

So the midwife may also be right. Baby might actually have turned between the time you saw the doctor and the time you saw her. The doctor should be able to re-confirm her stand by your next appointment.

Pele about the weakness. You'll tire easily around this period. Try not to over exert urself. Get plenty rest. The anxiety you'll be feeling now no be here. Just relax. Wish you and all of us still pushing a safe and hitch-free delivery in advance.

Proudly #team december.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iolite88(f): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello house,
Congrats to the New mama's in the house, pushing mama's I hail o! Proudly #teamdecember or #teamjanuary. My people pls help me o I have become confused with this EDD thing cause right now I have 3 different dates. My last scan was done at 17wks 1 day, and the Dr was telling me that my babies are measuring 19wks 5days and 18wks 5days. He even said I was 18wks not 17wks which one will one take as correct ? Meanwhile in a totally unrelated matter pls this native chalk (nzu) does anyone know if it has side effects my craving for it no get part 2 ooo. Pls share your thoughts. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beegail1(f): 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
I hail all d mamas in d house. FTM n silent reader n follower of this wonderful thread.
33weeks gone #teamseptemberrocks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
tyconcepts:
Happy Sunday Beautiful Moms;

I don't believe all this mama Ijaw and mama Ada kind of mid wife.

When my sister was pregnant, mama Ijaw told her she wasn't in labour. My mum kept telling her that her tummy has come down, let her go the hospital. She refused because mama Ijaw says she is not in labour. When the pains was unbearable , that was when she was registered into a hospital.

Doctors were like, madam you have been in labour since last 2 weeks naa. She begged for cs, they refused. Last last, she gave birth after 4 hours with heavy tears of life, the baby weighed 4.2kg.

So pls go for another scan

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyomomo(f): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello mama's in d house. Happy Sunday to u all.
I am abt 7wks according to LMP.
Since Friday evening my enemy has bn having light spotting. 1st it was pinkish, den yesterday it was brownish, today it's pinkish again, with mild cramps.
I havnt been 2 a doc yet. hoping to get an Ultrasound @ 10 weeks.
I suffered a Mc last year April @19weeks PROM. My doc advised I'll get a cerclage wit next pregnancy. Pls has anyone experienced spotting with a healthy pregnancy?
Am so scared and worried.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
iyomomo:
Hello mama's in d house. Happy Sunday to u all.
I am abt 7wks according to LMP.
Since Friday evening my enemy has bn having light spotting. 1st it was pinkish, den yesterday it was brownish, today it's pinkish again, with mild cramps.
I havnt been 2 a doc yet. hoping to get an Ultrasound @ 10 weeks.
I suffered a Mc last year April @19weeks PROM. My doc advised I'll get a cerclage wit next pregnancy. Pls has anyone experienced spotting with a healthy pregnancy?
Am so scared and worried.

How regular has ur cycle bn b4 conception? U want to rest fully @ dis point or beta stil see a doc, get a scan done to relieve ur anxiety and maintain STRICT BEDREST. Have u started ur folic acid? If nt b start ASAP. One tablet a day.. it's well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
rezzy:

When my sister was pregnant, mama Ijaw told her she wasn't in labour. My mum kept telling her that her tummy has come down, let her go the hospital. She refused because mama Ijaw says she is not in labour. When the pains was unbearable , that was when she was registered into a hospital.

Doctors were like, madam you have been in labour since last 2 weeks naa. She begged for cs, they refused. Last last, she gave birth after 4 hours with heavy tears of life, the baby weighed 4.2kg.

Laughing at the bolded... grin

When you have a mum like mine who believes in these local midwives, you are practically coarsed into patronising them.

I don't intend sticking to the midwife for my delivery oooooo.....This is 21st century so hospital noni.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
beegail1:
I hail all d mamas in d house. FTM n silent reader n follower of this wonderful thread.
33weeks gone #teamseptemberrocks.

A close call team mate.....

#Team September For Awesome Delivery

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
goldmine:

The doctor could be right. Don't panic just yet. U do still have time for the baby to turn. baby I had in my previous delivery was in breach position at 36 weeks. Was told by the doctor that there was possibility of the baby turning b4 EDD. By my next appointment the following week, he confirmed that the baby had actually turned.

So the midwife may also be right. Baby might actually have turned between the time you saw the doctor and the time you saw her. The doctor should be able to re-confirm her stand by your next appointment.

Pele about the weakness. You'll tire easily around this period. Try not to over exert urself. Get plenty rest. The anxiety you'll be feeling now no be here. Just relax. Wish you and all of us still pushing a safe and hitch-free delivery in advance.

Proudly #team december.

I will repeat a scan and pray along for a rightly positioned result. Am very hopeful the Doc's assessment would tally with that of the midwife.

Mehnnn.....The tiredness is out of this world plus the over killing anxiety and a little fear (I don't know why exactly am scared tho').

It is well with us all.

#TeamSeptemberForAwesomeDelivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
zaynie:
Tyconcepts, the baby can still turn till I guess 36th week. I remember my son was breech till the 30th week only for me to do scan at 38th week and he had turned. I did nothing to make him turn.
I did read that since they can see light now, you can point torchlight towards your lower abdomen, the light will encourage him to turn.

Dont worry yourself, he will turn if he wants to. There is little or nothing you can do and it is nothing you did or didnt do.
Depending on the type of breech he is ( buttocks/ legs) there is still a chance for vaginal delivery. I think I also read that they can be turned by an expert just before delivery. I dont know much about this or the risks involved sha.

I refuse the if oooo....Baby should turn coz I desire it to smiley

The breech is head to the right hand flank. I also learnt the light can help in turning the baby.

Thank you ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyomomo(f): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
kaffy4bill:

How regular has ur cycle bn b4 conception? U want to rest fully @ dis point or beta stil see a doc, get a scan done to relieve ur anxiety and maintain STRICT BEDREST. Have u started ur folic acid? If nt b start ASAP. One tablet a day.. it's well
Hi kaffy, Thanks 4 d prompt reply. Cycle was irregular, but was on metformin for pcos (it bcam 34/35 days)and bromocriptine and ewedu /b6 for high prolactin.
havnt had scan done Co's last preg @ 7wks der was no heartbeat hence d delay. I have bn on folic acid and pregnacare.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
iyomomo:

Hi kaffy, Thanks 4 d prompt reply. Cycle was irregular, but was on metformin for pcos (it bcam 34/35 days)and bromocriptine and ewedu /b6 for high prolactin.
havnt had scan done Co's last preg @ 7wks der was no heartbeat hence d delay. I have bn on folic acid and pregnacare.

Ok, continue on the folic acid and please I wil like to lay emphasis again on the STRICT bedrest. It wil end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyomomo(f): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Ok, continue on the folic acid and please I wil like to lay emphasis again on the STRICT bedrest. It wil end in praise
Thanks.
Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
@maebem.. Congrats on the birth of your babies..may God bless you all..

In other news..MS is over finally at 22wks on d dot! phew!!! grin..wasn't easy..now its as dou I've got the strength of 2 horses put together..I'm obsessed with cleaning endlessly and cooking meals that I lose interest in afterwards..I can cook for Africa,clean and still hv energy for night activities wink..choi!!! Life is sweet..pregnancy is sweet when no MS dou grin..my baby is hyper active too..lols..always kicking..dunno if he/she rests sef..

#TeamDecember# mamas..na wa o..na only me waka come..I feel soo alone with my seniors and even juniors oppressing us grin.. Abeg make una show o..
Wishing us all an easy delivery.. Ameen..
Lemme get bk to my edikaikong and see if I can eat some grin..need I say it was a HIT!!! Chao

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
iolite88:
Hello house,
Congrats to the New mama's in the house, pushing mama's I hail o! Proudly #teamdecember or #teamjanuary. My people pls help me o I have become confused with this EDD thing cause right now I have 3 different dates. My last scan was done at 17wks 1 day, and the Dr was telling me that my babies are measuring 19wks 5days and 18wks 5days. He even said I was 18wks not 17wks which one will one take as correct ? Meanwhile in a totally unrelated matter pls this native chalk (nzu) does anyone know if it has side effects my craving for it no get part 2 ooo. Pls share your thoughts. Thanks

nzu is safe as I also crave it wen I was preg n thr was no side effect...But dnt over do it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
rezzy:

Me i believe mama ijaw o! After 3yrs of TTC it was a mama ijaw that helped my case. Took in after 6 wks of massage therapy. Different strokes though

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

Me i believe mama ijaw o! After 3yrs of TTC it was a mama ijaw that helped my case. Took in after 6 wks of massage therapy. Different strokes though

LOL @the bolded
If it's massaging, they can do it. The issue now is everybody wants to become mama Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by safe06: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
chinwedym... grin

Nerfetitiram, can I get the ijaw woman's contact? Abeg... wink....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
rezzy:

LOL @the bolded
If it's massaging, they can do it. The issue now is everybody wants to become mama Ijaw.

Abi oooo! Impostors everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
@@BossladyMo1,

It's been a while now, hope you are good?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pragmatistm(m): 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
iolite88:
Hello house,
Open babycentre.com and put in the first date of your last period. It will give you your EDD.

But remember that the date or whichever date the doc, scan or midwife gives is +/- 2 weeks. So it may be right or wrong
. Only God knows the exact date. My wife was given June 4 as EDD from babycentre.com but she delivered June 6.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
safe06:
chinwedym... grin

Nerfetitiram, can I get the ijaw woman's contact? Abeg... wink....

07068444891 Janet Abede Clinic, Laade Village, Oladehinde bstop Igbe town off Ijede td, Ikorodu.

I battled pcos since 2009. Did all sorts of medical treatments, even artificial insemination. A friend took me there cos she had conceived after 10 yrs when she went there.
My hubby too convinced me to try
The mama examined me and sed in addition to pcos, my womb was mal aligned with my cervix. In her words, your womb don shift, sperm no de reach there. I go arrange am back before 3 mths you go get belle.
I wasny totally convinced so i googled it and came across mayan massage, which was basically used for displaced uterus.

After 6 weekly sessions she asked me to drink one agbo to induce ovulation. Dat she has reset the womb and i was going to be fertile henceforth. I conceived the following month with twins which were born premature at 27 weeks and didnt make it.
I took in again 10 weeks after the birth and due anytime from now without going back to the mama ijaw and without even trying. I am considering birth control options now grin I need to rest small.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by safe06: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram,God bless you and yours....wow...that's one big blessing from God...may your joy be complete Insha Allah....amin...

Will try and make out time to check out the place,cause I'm very very far from there at the moment...thanks so much...God bless you. kiss

I hope she's not too expensive though,i once tried a much talked about woman here on this forum, i spent over #150k for herbs,not to talk of the cost of transporting myself severally from my end to her end,each trip cost nothing less than #30k,and I went more than 4 times,imagine... cry...but nothing at all,though some people got positive news from her sha... cry....

I won't give up till I get my result by God's grace...it's well with us all...amin
. sad

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lemme even add here, the massage is painful ooo, i felt it in my brain! Everytime i had to go for it, i started speaking in tongues for motivation!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
@safe06 she charged me N40k bit I paid N20k.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
safe06:
nefertitiram,God bless you and yours....wow...that's one big blessing from God...may your joy be complete Insha Allah....amin...

Will try and make out time to check out the place,cause I'm very very far from there at the moment...thanks so much...God bless you. kiss

I hope she's not too expensive though,i once tried a much talked about woman here on this forum, i spent over #150k for herbs,not to talk of the cost of transporting myself severally from my end to her end,each trip cost nothing less than #30k,and I went more than 4 times,imagine... cry...but nothing at all,though some people got positive news from her sha... cry....

I won't give up till I get my result by God's grace...it's well with us all...amin
. sad
don't give up,i love ur spirit,God will put a smile on your face soon...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamadsquare: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.