Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126462 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6606) (6607) (6608) (6609) (6610) (6611) (6612) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 11:13pm On May 11, 2022
Layormiii:
should i say lucky you? Lol some Los are like that ooo. My own isn't hyper hyper
Read girls are more active than boys in the womb,na u dey lucky oo. I go flog this baby leg wen she come out,if she like make she do innocent face I won't fall for itgrin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 11:16pm On May 11, 2022
shiller:

I dey this table ooo,tho am team July,the kicks no be for here,as if the bones are now strong for her to come out,when i still have 10weeks,kai
My sis am also July too,I wonder wat she's doing inside dre ,as am typing she's kicking me seriously, if I try to adjust her position by tapping my tummy she go kick me hard I nearly cry today sef.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uche23: 12:48am On May 12, 2022
So sorry my BA is coming in jus now. Had my baby girl on sat 7th of may via emergency C's. It was a traumatic experience. God literally saved me. I'l give a detailed bs wen I feel much better.

41 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NeroPapas(m): 5:47am On May 12, 2022
[quote author=formidablefunmi post=112741174][/quote]

Thank you. LO is doing good. Na just this colic dey worry am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 5:51am On May 12, 2022
uche23:
So sorry my BA is coming in jus now. Had my baby girl on sat 7th of may via emergency C's. It was a traumatic experience. God literally saved me. I'l give a detailed bs wen I feel much better.
Thank God you and little one are doing great and that it ended in praise for you irrespective of what happened. Wishing you quickest recovery and a healthy growth for your princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teminisuccess66: 5:57am On May 12, 2022
uche23:

Congratulations mama and wishing you quick recovery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 6:00am On May 12, 2022
uche23:
Congratulations to mama, ur baby is blessed ijn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 6:02am On May 12, 2022
NeroPapas:

It's a sort of tummy discomfort in babies. It's really discomforting with some babies crying or like mine, squeezing angry. It doesn't stop them from growing sha and it stops by the time they hit 3 months.

Experience mamas can add to this

Colic did my daughter sege, imagine carrying baby with carrier all through the night for months just to make sure that she was not alone. I'd to seriously rebuked it when I was pregnant with my son because I heard that it disturbs male more sef and God answered my prayer. My son sleeps like baby from day 1. Mother's experience with colic is not a good one especially those that don't really have anyone with them except their husbands who is to go to work the next morning. Colic shown me pepper o but I was able to manage it beautifully sha because we slept in the day then not nights
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 6:03am On May 12, 2022
TOHHAN:

I don finish mine tey tey when I complain of weakness and malaria test shows negative o.
Using d routine drugs is now giving me tiring oo, I feel like not taking it atall, attyms I vomit it once I put it in my mouth self and it's jt a single dose o.
Leg swelling nko, my legs start swelling last week and it refuse to go down o. It's seriously getting me worried and annoying jare
chaii one thing I can't wait to stop doing is routine drugs, imagine swallowing drugs almost everyday since October fah.. chaii
I hope say u dey do small small Waka because of the leg swelling. And try reduce ur salt too. Mine also come and go.
It is well mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 6:04am On May 12, 2022
TOHHAN:

I do feel dizzy too bt didn't bother to complain thinking it's normal since pregnant women do sleep alot, hp am nt wrong bayi
I don't think there's any cause for alarm.. Sha make sure u eat enough and u rest enough too. Still working?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 6:05am On May 12, 2022
ladyrachy:

Read girls are more active than boys in the womb,na u dey lucky oo. I go flog this baby leg wen she come out,if she like make she do innocent face I won't fall for itgrin
my baby never kick my rib sef, I will now be wondering when u guys talk about it here. My boy nah gentle bobo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 6:52am On May 12, 2022
Layormiii:
my baby never kick my rib sef, I will now be wondering when u guys talk about it here. My boy nah gentle bobo
Ure lucky oo me that didn't sleep last night,she was taking a stroll in my tummy to my rib it was annoying. Doc says wen she has limited space,her movement will reduce. abeg till when?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NeroPapas(m): 7:03am On May 12, 2022
IamGreen1:

Colic did my daughter sege, imagine carrying baby with carrier all through the night for months just to make sure that she was not alone. I'd to seriously rebuked it when I was pregnant with my son because I heard that it disturbs male more sef and God answered my prayer. My son sleeps like baby from day 1. Mother's experience with colic is not a good one especially those that don't really have anyone with them except their husbands who is to go to work the next morning. Colic shown me pepper o but I was able to manage it beautifully sha because we slept in the day then not nights

So loro kan, that is to say there's nothing to sooth the pain niyen oo. Let me goan buy baby carrier then grin grin
Na now my boy dey try sleep. It is well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:21am On May 12, 2022
uche23:
Thank God you both are fine.. Congrats to you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 10:47am On May 12, 2022
NeroPapas:

So loro kan, that is to say there's nothing to sooth the pain niyen oo. Let me goan buy baby carrier then grin grin
Na now my boy dey try sleep. It is well

There's drugs for it, infacol. It's small and costly I bought it then for 3,500 within three days it's finished because it should be given before every breastfeeding. So na money o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:46am On May 12, 2022
ladyrachy:

Ure lucky oo me that didn't sleep last night,she was taking a stroll in my tummy to my rib it was annoying. Doc says wen she has limited space,her movement will reduce. abeg till when?
It will reduce but can be painful then. You will push the elbow or leg, but because there is no space, they will just push it against you more.

Or they will try to stretch into your lungs to get space grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NeroPapas(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2022
IamGreen1:

There's drugs for it, infacol. It's small and costly I bought it then for 3,500 within three days it's finished because it used be given before every breastfeeding. So na money o

Ifako Ijaye grin grin grin.....
If it will work for him I can afford it. What's that amount to a dear son.
Thank you for this... INFACOL right? I'll ask around for it wink

Update: I wanted to say the price would have gone up oo... So I Google and negodu the price grin grin... Well let it just work sha! Lemme gather strength and goan buy it wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nmamez(f): 12:26pm On May 12, 2022
Good day mamas, Sure you are all doing good.I'm team July, hope I'm welcomed.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2022
Nmamez:
Good day mamas, Sure you are all doing good.I'm team July, hope I'm welcomed.

Welcome mama, July cappo will welcome you officially into your team when she’s online..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 1:19pm On May 12, 2022
November mamas, has anyone started shopping? I got some sleep suits yesterday from instagram but i have been telling myself that it’s too early o Lool.. let it not look like this pregnancy is “sharking” me ( it actually is sha) shocked
Should i go ahead and be getting things small small or wait till like 6 months

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 1:48pm On May 12, 2022
Sassy256:
Teamies, how is everyone doing? Didn't see most of our responses to roll call, sad only starryv. hope we're doing alright?

TEAM AUGUST
NAME.................................EDD....................SEX
1. Starry v. ............................21st....................xy
2. Sassy256...........................25th.....................xy
3. Dunpredictable...............22nd ...................xy
4. Pyzdan...............................23rd............... unknown
5. Waistbead.........................28th............... unknown
6. Exclusiveoloori................. ...................... unknown
7. Novia22.............................13th............... unknown
8. Dijah07.............................. 30th ............ unknown
9. Girl040...............................15th...............unknown

Cappo how's you?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 2:01pm On May 12, 2022
voucher:
November mamas, has anyone started shopping? I got some sleep suits yesterday from instagram but i have been telling myself that it’s too early o Lool.. let it not look like this pregnancy is “sharking” me ( it actually is sha) shocked
My sister let it shark you jare... Continue getting them small small. When you see what you like, most importantly essentials, get it. Moreover prices are also rising by the day
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 3:24pm On May 12, 2022
Layormiii:
chaii one thing I can't wait to stop doing is routine drugs, imagine swallowing drugs almost everyday since October fah.. chaii
I hope say u dey do small small Waka because of the leg swelling. And try reduce ur salt too. Mine also come and go.
It is well mama
Na me dem suppose dey call Ajala travel self, I do waka gan o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 3:25pm On May 12, 2022
Layormiii:
I don't think there's any cause for alarm.. Sha make sure u eat enough and u rest enough too. Still working?
Still working o, don't want my leave to start counting when av not given birth
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:35pm On May 12, 2022
voucher:
Teamie Abeg start buying now o, u price increases On daily basis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 5:00pm On May 12, 2022
Please, who is the cappo for team September? It seems our team does not exist and we are many o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 12, 2022
Comanche:

B.S. - (PT 2)

When I got home I didn’t bother going in, I told hubby to sharpaly go and cook a bowl of ewedu for me and I started climbing the stairs in our building. When I got tired I went inside to drink the ewedu, eat more pineapple and dates. Then hubby and I went out for a walk. I read that curb walking is more effective than normal straight walk. So that’s how I started walking round the community, one feet on the curb and the other feet on the road. People driving by were just giving me looks like who is this weirdo undecided. I didn’t even look at them me that contractions was hitting back to back every 4 minutes. But in retrospect I really must have looked really weird with my big jilbab and my tamurege one-leg-up walk by the roadside grin.

After I got tired we made our way home, it was around 5pm at this time. When I got home I just knelt on the floor, pick needle and thread and started putting finishing touches on my baby’s coming home outfit. For my mind my baby must look good for his hospital photoshoot. Contraction was every 4 minutes now and anytime it hits me within that 40 seconds I’d fling the cloth away and pick it back up for the remaining 3 minutes and 20 seconds break in between.

Hubby kept saying we should go back every time I shouted with each contractions but I refused, I went back outside and continued climbing the stairs. By 7:30PM the cramp was just too intense for me I shouted for hubby and said oya let’s start going o.

We got there and I was hooked back onto the monitor, after my V.E they said I was at 4CM. Ye! shocked Moku! Just 4CM since morning after all my wahala and I’m already seeing stars. At this point they came in and offered me epidural. Note that since my 34 weeks my OB has been asking me if I’d be willing to take the epidural but I always refused point blank. But with the pain I was experiencing I changed mouth and said they should just prepare it for me. That I might take it or not depending on how far I can go with the pain.

A nurse came by around 11PM to examine me and I was still at 4CM. She told me if I don’t make significant progress the doctor will have to break my water and also induce contractions. At this point I knew this idea of being plugged to the bed wasn’t working for me. All these while the nurses kept coming to check on me and offering me the epidural. It got to a stage it was annoying sef abi something else is there ni I said I don’t want angry. So I called the nurse and told her I want to be mobile and try to exercise. So she had to go get me a monitor with wheels I can move with, and she also got me a bouncing ball for exercise. I started alternating between walking round the room with hubby pushing the monitor beside me, bouncing on the ball and rocking on the rocking chair in the labour room. But I still felt like I could do bettter. So I called the nurse and asked if I could go out to the lobby for walk. She said she’d have to go ask if that is allowed cause it is unusual for people to be walking up and down the lobby.

She came back and said it was fine. The first thing that struck me when I got to the lobby was how quiet it was. Imagine a labour ward being as quiet as a graveyard while people were actually in labour. These people are bout the soft life o. Dem done sama dem epidural dem just Dey enjoy. Me I just started walking up and down the long lobby. In fact every nurse that saw me and hubby was always so startled like it must have been very unusual for them. They must be thinking that which kind sufferhead human being is this grin.

After about 2 hours of alternating between walking, bouncing on a ball, and using a rocking chair I was checked again and AlhamdulilLah 6cm already. The nurse who checked me said whatever it is I was doing I should keep doing it. I continued with the exercise but by the time it was around 3AM I was too tired and in pain. I decided to leave Superman for Clark Kent so I succumbed and requested for the epidural cry. And also agreed to get IV for fastened contractions and to burst my water.

The epidural was injected into my spine around the lower back and within a few minutes the pain of contractions started easing off and my leg started feeling numb. Almost immediately I feel asleep feeling so tired and relieved to be free of pain after 15 hours of labour.

When I woke up around 6 am I could see they were about to set up the line for fastening the contraction and burst my water. At this stage I only felt a slight tingle in my body from the waist down. I couldn’t move my legs and they felt bloated when I touched them. Just as they were about to burst the water, I heard the nurse telling my hubby that ‘oh look that’s her water gushing out itself’, the water had broken itself. I kept sleeping and waking up at intervals until I was finally woken around 10:AM to the news that I was 10CM and set to start pushing.

About 8 medical personnel trooped in and the lead doctor inclined my bed and placed my legs in stirrups that were attached to the lower part of each side of the bed. That way I was on my back and my legs were wide open to them. I was worried about how I was gonna push and even know I was pushing when all my body was dead from the waist down. They told me not to worry that I’d be coached.

After everything was set for labour I was told that once the contraction hits on the screen I was to talk a deep breath in then push out the breath as hard as I could as if I want to poop. Then they asked if I wanted to watch myself push the baby out. I said yes, so they brought in a tall large mirror on wheels and placed in a convenient position where I could see what was happening down there.

Then the pushing began. There were 5 rounds of pushing all together with three pushes per round. First round nothing happened, second round just blood came out. At this point I noticed I was getting more distracted by me looking at the mirror. So I stopped looking at the mirror and focused more on pushing. I was also given a towel to put under my knee and use it to pull my legs towards me while also raising my back as if I wanted to look in between my legs as I’m pushing. By the third round the head was showing at the entrance. The doctor shouted ‘mama look at the head he has a full head of hair’ I looked and truly all I could see was a little round spot with matted hair blocking the entrance of my vagina. I was so scared at how small it was because I had a funny dream a day ago where I saw myself give birth to a baby the size of a big lizard embarassed. I started thinking maybe I shouldn’t have dismissed the dream and now it was happening in reality.

By the fourth round the head moved out more. At this point all the medical personnel was giving me ginger with chants of ‘Yes mama. You can do it mama. Just a little more to go mama’. I didn’t feel the baby come out, I only heard that much talked about shrill cry of a newborn. I was scared to look at what I birthed but when I looked it was a normal sized beautiful boy flailing his hands and screaming his lungs out. His body had a reddish tinge to it and his head was abnormally shaped like a cone. The doctor said it was just from him coming out of the jajaina and that it would go back to a normal round shape. So silly me that thought his head was small like a lizard didn’t know it was only a part of the head that had being compressed by the walls of the vagina undecided. Also his voice was kinda hoarse, it wasn’t all this sweet ‘wen wen wen’ cry. In my mind I was saying see his strong voice like correct agege boy cheesy.

I didn’t really feel anything or show any emotion at that point of birth cause it seemed like I was in shock. Turns out I had a second degree tear and a ruptured blood vessel. The doctor brought out the placenta and stitched me up. I didn’t still feel anything as the epidural was still in effect.

After he was cleaned up a bit they brought him to me for some skin to skin and asked me if I want to try breastfeeding him before they carry him to the nursery. Breastfeed ke, when our coconut water was on standby in our bag wink. I refused and told them to please excuse us as we wanted to have some personal time as a family. As soon as they were out fiam, just like smuggled contraband hubby whipped out the feeding bottle containing the coconut water and shook it into his mouth. He sef drank and started smacking his mouth cheesy.

After that he was taken away to the nursery and I was wheeled to the maternity ward. 30 minutes later he was brought in to be nursed and I tried for about 10 minutes and It was at this point that the real madness started. The epidural had started wearing off at a fast rate and the craziest pain I have ever felt in my life hit me embarassed. My stomach was cramping as if I was being stabbed, my back from the middle up to my bottom felt like it was being pounded and my jajaina was aching me powerfully. I started shouting and crying and twisting. I couldn’t sit I couldn’t stand. I told them to return baby to the nursery immediately. Imagine me that didn’t even cry or shout during labour. I was told the stomach pain was from the uterus shrinking as I breastfed, the back pain was from the epidural, the jajaina pain was from the stitches. I was sha given some pain meds that took off the pain for a while .

Pain update: My stomach cramps stopped after the third day, back pain still comes and goes if I stress myself and jajaina pain is ever constant and pressing. Sorry for the long post, I too like gist.

The end.

CC. Uche23, Trippleblessing, tomblessings, morrewhunmie, mummytoo
Probably one of the best if not the best post I’ve ever read on Nairaland. cheesy Congratulations! I’ve copied and sent to my wife. We’re expecting ours any moment from now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oluwalatte1: 5:53pm On May 12, 2022
Which HMO is that?

sugarcoatted:

Isalu is very expensive and good. That was my first choice for my hmo but they removed all of us and transferred us to solid rock, i guess cause of price. I later switched to mother and child ikeja as its closer to me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 5:57pm On May 12, 2022
Flourishing19:
Please, who is the cappo for team September? It seems our team does not exist and we are many o.
shey I've said it before. Looks like Sept teamies are going to serve carry over grin they can hide for Africa
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oluwalatte1: 6:02pm On May 12, 2022
Team July here, EDD is 25th July. XY.

ladyrachy:
[b][/b]Team July aka mamas for princesses
Hello my lovely and gallant teammates,how are we all doing? Congrats to all April mamas,may God grant Team May a perfect delivery oo.Team June how far una,one month to go abi.
Team July #Team Hebrew women# Team for Swift,Smooth and Safe delivery
ROLL CALL FOR MONTH OF MAY
NAME/ EDD/GENDER
1)Pearlyboo..............8th July................unknown
2)Ladyrachy …........10th july….............xx
3)Peggygee,............19th July...............xx
4)Hibiscuss...............July.......................xx
5)Dacblogger..........17th July.................xx by faith
6)StephOkemini......13th July...............unknown
Lets try to respond to this roll call and kindly update ur info if u haven't done urz,God will see us thru.
Pls remember to take ur drugs and drink enough water ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 6:05pm On May 12, 2022
voucher:

Too early ke? Me that started shopping from 12weeks grin ee no shark you pass me. Now I've achieved at least 90% of the items in my list. I intentionally left things like baby wipes for fear of it drying up before delivery. (May not be so sha). But if LO decides to come today sef (God forbid) ayam ready cool
#Team August
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:42pm On May 12, 2022
Flourishing19:
I tire even November are so active than us

(1) (2) (3) ... (6606) (6607) (6608) (6609) (6610) (6611) (6612) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.