Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8127241 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6603) (6604) (6605) (6606) (6607) (6608) (6609) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:14pm On May 10, 2022
mjblinks:
BA alert Team May. Baby came this today.
Yippee,, congrats teamie.. God bless your family. Don't forget to sama us BS oo
@ Expectantmom floor don open oo, na to dey hear good news left and right remain by the grace of God

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 8:35pm On May 10, 2022
Omakraid:

Yippee,, congrats teamie.. God bless your family. Don't forget to sama us BS oo
@ Expectantmom floor don open oo, na to dey hear good news left and right remain by the grace of God
Amen mama. Congratulations to mjblinks and welcome to the world little one.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 9:05pm On May 10, 2022
PrincessVivi:
Good evening Mamas in the house. How safe is it to fly bike on rough roads at a very early stage of pregnancy? No other alternate means of transportation to my work place.

Not safe. I will recommend using only one bike that will be coming to pick you everyday. Pay him double and tell him you just had an operation. He'll ride you gently (now why does that last line sound weird grin cheesy)

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giftdiddy: 9:10pm On May 10, 2022
untamedd:
Team December, let’s do roll call na.

My EDD is Dec 8.

My scan measured 2 days earlier Dec 6.

Can’t wait for this morning sickness to end so I can flex.

I'm team December �
My EDD is Dec 10th for now
Not feeling strong but we move

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 9:10pm On May 10, 2022
Congratulations mjblinks and pojomojo. May the arrival of your new born babies herald good tidings for your home. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:21pm On May 10, 2022
Congratulations Pojomojo and Mjblinks.

May babies should stop doing over getle and shower is with lovely BA's and B.S like this. Safe and easy delivery to the others on queue.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vivi01(f): 9:45pm On May 10, 2022
mjblinks:
BA alert Team May. Baby came today.

Congratulations teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 9:51pm On May 10, 2022
MGeey:

Not safe. I will recommend using only one bike that will be coming to pick you everyday. Pay him double and tell him you just had an operation. He'll ride you gently (now why does that last line sound weird grin cheesy)
You made me laugh sha, aboki man go hear operation

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oyagbera1: 9:56pm On May 10, 2022
Please I need help. This is what am passing through am just 30yrs... help
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 10:04pm On May 10, 2022
mjblinks:
BA alert Team May. Baby came today.
Congrats ma,welcome baby ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 10:08pm On May 10, 2022
TOHHAN:

You made me laugh sha, aboki man go hear operation

Didn't consider it'll be aboki.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 10:09pm On May 10, 2022
Team May floor has opened for glorious BA and BS,may God grant u all safe delivery of ur cute babies,follow by June mamas next is we ooo

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 10:10pm On May 10, 2022
Team May floor has opened for glorious BA and BS,may God grant u all safe delivery of ur cute babies,is like baby girls are more stubborn Dan boys in the womb. My baby is punching me and she's trying to stretch herself as if the space go reach her shebi na fold dem suppose fold dier legs. My own baby no won fold if u see the way my tummy keeping shaking and jumping, I even had to start doing videos of it for hubby to see.am just confused and she does it at night wen she suppose don sleep cry

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 11:22pm On May 10, 2022
Pojomojo:
Good afternoon Baby came this morning at 8:31am weighing 3.3kg

Please � I will update you guys.
Congratulations ma, ur new baby is blessed in Jesus name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 12:21am On May 11, 2022
MGeey:

Omor I was busy flying bike in my first trimester, I didn't even know I was carrying twins grin

Na so I carry the innocent children dey go Idumota and yaba Market

Congratulations to the latest Mums smiley. May we all be congratulated soon

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 1:27am On May 11, 2022
Bloomingbud:

I've asked here o but seems people dont know.much about the hospital. Solid rock hospital Ojodu.

Thanks for your concern.

Solid Rock Hospital is a fantastic place. I know someone who had her daughter there. Their service in general was great.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 3:30am On May 11, 2022
Is second trimester from week 13 or 14 please?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by abraolas1: 3:42am On May 11, 2022
MorningStar233:

Walking might help, but doctors Know what to do sha

Thanks Walking actually helped .

We gave birth to a baby boy on Monday.

Thanks to the team here you guys are doing a great jobs

Congratulations to all the mamas

BS: will find time to share my experience

25 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 3:46am On May 11, 2022
mjblinks:
BA alert Team May. Baby came this today.

Congratulations to you mamaa �
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 4:56am On May 11, 2022
voucher:
From 13th week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 6:17am On May 11, 2022
Expectantmom:

From 13th week.

Dancing** okay i asked cos some pages on google said 14th week..
Officially entering second trimester by Friday..
Thanks for answering mamaa
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 6:26am On May 11, 2022
Comanche:

B.S. - (PT 2)

When I got home I didn’t bother going in, I told hubby to sharpaly go and cook a bowl of ewedu for me and I started climbing the stairs in our building. When I got tired I went inside to drink the ewedu, eat more pineapple and dates. Then hubby and I went out for a walk. I read that curb walking is more effective than normal straight walk. So that’s how I started walking round the community, one feet on the curb and the other feet on the road. People driving by were just giving me looks like who is this weirdo undecided. I didn’t even look at them me that contractions was hitting back to back every 4 minutes. But in retrospect I really must have looked really weird with my big jilbab and my tamurege one-leg-up walk by the roadside grin.

After I got tired we made our way home, it was around 5pm at this time. When I got home I just knelt on the floor, pick needle and thread and started putting finishing touches on my baby’s coming home outfit. For my mind my baby must look good for his hospital photoshoot. Contraction was every 4 minutes now and anytime it hits me within that 40 seconds I’d fling the cloth away and pick it back up for the remaining 3 minutes and 20 seconds break in between.

Hubby kept saying we should go back every time I shouted with each contractions but I refused, I went back outside and continued climbing the stairs. By 7:30PM the cramp was just too intense for me I shouted for hubby and said oya let’s start going o.

We got there and I was hooked back onto the monitor, after my V.E they said I was at 4CM. Ye! shocked Moku! Just 4CM since morning after all my wahala and I’m already seeing stars. At this point they came in and offered me epidural. Note that since my 34 weeks my OB has been asking me if I’d be willing to take the epidural but I always refused point blank. But with the pain I was experiencing I changed mouth and said they should just prepare it for me. That I might take it or not depending on how far I can go with the pain.

A nurse came by around 11PM to examine me and I was still at 4CM. She told me if I don’t make significant progress the doctor will have to break my water and also induce contractions. At this point I knew this idea of being plugged to the bed wasn’t working for me. All these while the nurses kept coming to check on me and offering me the epidural. It got to a stage it was annoying sef abi something else is there ni I said I don’t want angry. So I called the nurse and told her I want to be mobile and try to exercise. So she had to go get me a monitor with wheels I can move with, and she also got me a bouncing ball for exercise. I started alternating between walking round the room with hubby pushing the monitor beside me, bouncing on the ball and rocking on the rocking chair in the labour room. But I still felt like I could do bettter. So I called the nurse and asked if I could go out to the lobby for walk. She said she’d have to go ask if that is allowed cause it is unusual for people to be walking up and down the lobby.

She came back and said it was fine. The first thing that struck me when I got to the lobby was how quiet it was. Imagine a labour ward being as quiet as a graveyard while people were actually in labour. These people are bout the soft life o. Dem done sama dem epidural dem just Dey enjoy. Me I just started walking up and down the long lobby. In fact every nurse that saw me and hubby was always so startled like it must have been very unusual for them. They must be thinking that which kind sufferhead human being is this grin.

After about 2 hours of alternating between walking, bouncing on a ball, and using a rocking chair I was checked again and AlhamdulilLah 6cm already. The nurse who checked me said whatever it is I was doing I should keep doing it. I continued with the exercise but by the time it was around 3AM I was too tired and in pain. I decided to leave Superman for Clark Kent so I succumbed and requested for the epidural cry. And also agreed to get IV for fastened contractions and to burst my water.

The epidural was injected into my spine around the lower back and within a few minutes the pain of contractions started easing off and my leg started feeling numb. Almost immediately I feel asleep feeling so tired and relieved to be free of pain after 15 hours of labour.

When I woke up around 6 am I could see they were about to set up the line for fastening the contraction and burst my water. At this stage I only felt a slight tingle in my body from the waist down. I couldn’t move my legs and they felt bloated when I touched them. Just as they were about to burst the water, I heard the nurse telling my hubby that ‘oh look that’s her water gushing out itself’, the water had broken itself. I kept sleeping and waking up at intervals until I was finally woken around 10:AM to the news that I was 10CM and set to start pushing.

About 8 medical personnel trooped in and the lead doctor inclined my bed and placed my legs in stirrups that were attached to the lower part of each side of the bed. That way I was on my back and my legs were wide open to them. I was worried about how I was gonna push and even know I was pushing when all my body was dead from the waist down. They told me not to worry that I’d be coached.

After everything was set for labour I was told that once the contraction hits on the screen I was to talk a deep breath in then push out the breath as hard as I could as if I want to poop. Then they asked if I wanted to watch myself push the baby out. I said yes, so they brought in a tall large mirror on wheels and placed in a convenient position where I could see what was happening down there.

Then the pushing began. There were 5 rounds of pushing all together with three pushes per round. First round nothing happened, second round just blood came out. At this point I noticed I was getting more distracted by me looking at the mirror. So I stopped looking at the mirror and focused more on pushing. I was also given a towel to put under my knee and use it to pull my legs towards me while also raising my back as if I wanted to look in between my legs as I’m pushing. By the third round the head was showing at the entrance. The doctor shouted ‘mama look at the head he has a full head of hair’ I looked and truly all I could see was a little round spot with matted hair blocking the entrance of my vagina. I was so scared at how small it was because I had a funny dream a day ago where I saw myself give birth to a baby the size of a big lizard embarassed. I started thinking maybe I shouldn’t have dismissed the dream and now it was happening in reality.

By the fourth round the head moved out more. At this point all the medical personnel was giving me ginger with chants of ‘Yes mama. You can do it mama. Just a little more to go mama’. I didn’t feel the baby come out, I only heard that much talked about shrill cry of a newborn. I was scared to look at what I birthed but when I looked it was a normal sized beautiful boy flailing his hands and screaming his lungs out. His body had a reddish tinge to it and his head was abnormally shaped like a cone. The doctor said it was just from him coming out of the jajaina and that it would go back to a normal round shape. So silly me that thought his head was small like a lizard didn’t know it was only a part of the head that had being compressed by the walls of the vagina undecided. Also his voice was kinda hoarse, it wasn’t all this sweet ‘wen wen wen’ cry. In my mind I was saying see his strong voice like correct agege boy cheesy.

I didn’t really feel anything or show any emotion at that point of birth cause it seemed like I was in shock. Turns out I had a second degree tear and a ruptured blood vessel. The doctor brought out the placenta and stitched me up. I didn’t still feel anything as the epidural was still in effect.

After he was cleaned up a bit they brought him to me for some skin to skin and asked me if I want to try breastfeeding him before they carry him to the nursery. Breastfeed ke, when our coconut water was on standby in our bag wink. I refused and told them to please excuse us as we wanted to have some personal time as a family. As soon as they were out fiam, just like smuggled contraband hubby whipped out the feeding bottle containing the coconut water and shook it into his mouth. He sef drank and started smacking his mouth cheesy.

After that he was taken away to the nursery and I was wheeled to the maternity ward. 30 minutes later he was brought in to be nursed and I tried for about 10 minutes and It was at this point that the real madness started. The epidural had started wearing off at a fast rate and the craziest pain I have ever felt in my life hit me embarassed. My stomach was cramping as if I was being stabbed, my back from the middle up to my bottom felt like it was being pounded and my jajaina was aching me powerfully. I started shouting and crying and twisting. I couldn’t sit I couldn’t stand. I told them to return baby to the nursery immediately. Imagine me that didn’t even cry or shout during labour. I was told the stomach pain was from the uterus shrinking as I breastfed, the back pain was from the epidural, the jajaina pain was from the stitches. I was sha given some pain meds that took off the pain for a while .

Pain update: My stomach cramps stopped after the third day, back pain still comes and goes if I stress myself and jajaina pain is ever constant and pressing. Sorry for the long post, I too like gist.

The end.

CC. Uche23, Trippleblessing, tomblessings, morrewhunmie, mummytoo
wow.. Lovely bs... Congratulations mama... But how come ur epidural worn off so fast... Mine worked till i feel no pain at all... Didnt feel pain from vagina or d stitches... Except conyraction cramping wen i tried breastfeeding baby, u probably didnt ve enof epidural shot thou.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missviva(f): 6:49am On May 11, 2022
Woww..big congrats to the latest mummies. May your babies continually bring you joy and not sorrow. We await our own BA patiently..lol

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:19am On May 11, 2022
voucher:
Week 14. Though some say 13 but more charts indicates week 14 begins 2nd tri

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:20am On May 11, 2022
voucher:

Dancing** okay i asked cos some pages on google said 14th week..
Officially entering second trimester by Friday..
Thanks for answering mamaa
Calm down mama, na next week Friday grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:21am On May 11, 2022
abraolas1:

Thanks Walking actually helped .

We gave birth to a baby boy on Monday.

Thanks to the team here you guys are doing a great jobs

Congratulations to all the mamas

BS: will find time to share my experience
Thank God for safe delivery and congrats to your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missviva(f): 7:52am On May 11, 2022
Team Nov abeg who else is experiencing this heaviness..today's own was on another level, I almost couldn't get up to prepare for work cos I was feeling so heavy and it's like that in some evenings too. I'm now wondering what my fate will be when I reach 6months or even the dreaded 9months sef

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 7:54am On May 11, 2022
Omakraid:

Calm down mama, na next week Friday grin

Hahahaha! Leave me o, I can’t wait for November to be here jare.. lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 7:56am On May 11, 2022
threegees:

Solid Rock Hospital is a fantastic place. I know someone who had her daughter there. Their service in general was great.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mmadimma(f): 8:00am On May 11, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Team November MAY ROLL CALL

NAME.....................EDD....................SEX

1. Pweetiebabe.....Nov 4..........Unknown
2. Voucher.............Nov19..........Unknown
3. Awesomejah......Nov24.........Unknown
4. Opsycal
5. Haafiness
6. Mmadimma
7. imsettled2...........Nov3......Unknown
8. Missviva..............Nov12......Unknown

How is our November mama's doing? We should be In our 14th, 13th, 12th and 11th weeks already, some of us should even be in their early 15th week.... I pray the Lord shall make it easy for us in Jesus name, none shall be missing in our camp....Mother alive, baby bouncing, more money in hubby Aza will be our testimonies....

Let's remember to always take our routine drugs, for those that have registered ANC please remember to go regularly.

Thanks cappo. EDD is 17th according to Lmp. I'm yet to register or take any drugs. I'm in my 13th week
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2022
Yes yes yes... My God has done it again, we went for a blood pt yesterday evening and it came out a big fat positive, u need to see how I was jumping and hugging the lab guy, God answers prayers, on Monday I joined Nsppd miracle service and the pastor mentioned my case he said we should carry our baby, meanwhile my wife and hi were expecting our period, I told God to replace period with pregnancy, and he answered us, in this TTc journey we need God..

This time my wife and I will carry to term,in Jesus name..

Best birthday gift ever,and best anniversary gift come February 2023.

40 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Heebah: 8:56am On May 11, 2022
Heebah:
Good evening Sabi mamas. Pls is it OK not to feel baby move everyday at 17weeks. Should the flutters be everyday?. Thanks
Sabi mamas pls don't ignore. Pls can answer this for me cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6603) (6604) (6605) (6606) (6607) (6608) (6609) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.