Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124237 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6700) (6701) (6702) (6703) (6704) (6705) (6706) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
FloraEC:

Waow
Congratulations
H&H bumping

Omg Flora! grin grin grin grin

Yeah, turns out I married my Boss and we're expecting twins in October grin

Life!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
voucher:

Haha, doctor recommended 1 but the one of next week will be the second one from the hospital making it 2 from them..
I really wanted to know baby’s sex that’s why

It's alright momma. I'm also guilty as charged, it's even hungrying me right now seff
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Good day mamas, PLS how safe is Lonart or Coartem or Amatem in the 2nd trimester(23weeks). I have been down with body pain since weekend but Catarrh and Cough with headache and Cold come join(only in this my small body) .. I chatted with d Consultant on d Whatsapp group they open for us @ ANC(badagry GH). The Dr ask me to get either of those drugs with Piriton and Paracetamol. So I want to know how safe they are

Mama u re pregnant oo,no test was run,u don't know if u have one plus malaria or two plus,you don't know if typhoid is there too....

Just the symptoms u re having nd doc said u shld get those drugs without a test..

U don't even know if its part of the package or na stress..

Nawaoo..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ihavethingstodo:

Mama Pweetiebabe, sometimes eh, we should leave this online doctors and see our real doctors, please don't joke with malaria, see your doctor, he/she would tell you what to take!

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
peggygee:
Wow! I want to start mine o, 37weeks, I don't mind birth at 38 pls, I'm tired although i alway hace my babies at 39+ but I'm seriously praying to drop this one at 38,

Everybody is prayn for 38weeks,lol,mk una reach 40weeks na...

My tired is tired too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Good day mamas, PLS how safe is Lonart or Coartem or Amatem in the 2nd trimester(23weeks). I have been down with body pain since weekend but Catarrh and Cough with headache and Cold come join(only in this my small body) .. I chatted with d Consultant on d Whatsapp group they open for us @ ANC(badagry GH). The Dr ask me to get either of those drugs with Piriton and Paracetamol. So I want to know how safe they are
I was given piriton for my cough too at my hospital ,last month too.so far no negative reaction and my cough is gone.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
shiller:

My tired is tired too
Teamie my 40weeks na 16th July be that oo BT scan says 10th so I dey in between. Am really tired my sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
Sassy256:

I have taken Lonart in previous pregnancy
I have taken Amatel softgel this pregnancy.
Usually artemeter & lumefantrine combination antimalaria tabs are safe in 2nd and 3rd trimesters. It's only avoided in first trimester.
I have never been prescribed piriton for anything in pregnancy though so I don't know of that.
You can still ask from a registered pharmacist when you go to buy it just to ease your fears.
thanks so much sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
omotolanibaby:
I was given piriton for my cough too at my hospital ,last month too.so far no negative reaction and my cough is gone.
Thanks mummy....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
ladyrachy:

Teamie my 40weeks na 16th July be that oo BT scan says 10th so I dey in between. Am really tired my sis

My 40weeks is 22nd,me wey wan born today today like this,

Its well oo

Make we dey push am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
White and green koh, Abeg don't wear our baby Nigeria Flag o

@shiller, Iamgreen1 and mama Trippleblessings, I don already buy plenty white and green sleep suits and body suits o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
sugarcoatted:

They might not agree. Most likely you will pay in full and then get refunded later. Come to Mother and child na, so if we give birth same time i will just be strolling to your room to do amebo wink wink wink .

That's exactly what the Dr said that they will refund but Isalu is charging 250k for vaginal delivery and 400k for CS. I'm expecting an official response from Greenbay to know the actual amount they will refund if not I'll port to 'Mother and Child' jeje. I hope your bonus made you smile today grin.
I finally applied for mat leave today and approval has been sent.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by untamedd(f): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Any multiple C-section mamas here please? Is it true that second C-section is always worse than the first in terms of pain and recovery?
Any mama that had a Vbac, which do you prefer please? Vaginal birth or C-section
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 12:00am On Jul 07, 2022
untamedd:
Any multiple C-section mamas here please? Is it true that second C-section is always worse than the first in terms of pain and recovery?
Any mama that had a Vbac, which do you prefer please? Vaginal birth or C-section

My second CS was more painful but i have seen some women who said the second was better.. I can’t say what it depends on
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 1:13am On Jul 07, 2022
Bloomingbud:

That's exactly what the Dr said that they will refund but Isalu is charging 250k for vaginal delivery and 400k for CS. I'm expecting an official response from Greenbay to know the actual amount they will refund if not I'll port to 'Mother and Child' jeje. I hope your bonus made you smile today grin.
I finally applied for mat leave today and approval has been sent.

I have always known them to be quite expensive. I'm very sure the 400k and 250k is minus accommodation and other stuff on top. Greenbay should be able to offer a reasonable amount though so you dnt get to spend much. But I'm still kinda curious, why dont you like the other place you use?

Ah you see that bonus e, this baby seems to have come with extra grace with no extra stress. Cause normal me no send them and that their performance. I only missed one category, that one with the least amount attached to it.

I haven't applied yet. I will probably apply after my next hospital appointment. Though i want to my annual leave in front.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 7:19am On Jul 07, 2022
sugarcoatted:

I have always known them to be quite expensive. I'm very sure the 400k and 250k is minus accommodation and other stuff on top. Greenbay should be able to offer a reasonable amount though so you dnt get to spend much. But I'm still kinda curious, why dont you like the other place you use?

Ah you see that bonus e, this baby seems to have come with extra grace with no extra stress. Cause normal me no send them and that their performance. I only missed one category, that one with the least amount attached to it.

I haven't applied yet. I will probably apply after my next hospital appointment. Though i want to my annual leave in front.

If you say extral grace please put mine in capital letter, I missed 2 (volume and 40m) but I'm still fine.

For solid rock I dont like their lackadaisical attitude and it has always been like that maybe just for me sha, then I went for antenatal last week friday only for them to tell me I wont be attended to because I came late. I pleaded with the nurse but she still refused. The normal antenatal time is between 9am_12pm I got there 11:45 because I was coming from work then got stucked in traffic again but even with all the explanations they didnt attend to me. Since I registered with them I've not done any scan in the hospital, Drs dont check me, all they do is give me routine drugs and tell me to come back in 4 weeks.
All these is just things pissed me jare, not like I've used them for anything other than malaria before self.

Please calculate your mat leave well and apply on time, I hear say person don born for office for una branch before. I'm applying for annual leave next month sha.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2022
untamedd:

My colleague said her second and third CS were much more painful, not experienced more than one.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2022
shiller:

My tired is tired too
abi na... Cs at 38weeks baby don cook finish... Na to just dey add fat remain till 42weeks... Had my prince at 38weeks+ n d guy strong kakaraka.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 9:26am On Jul 07, 2022
Bloomingbud:

@shiller, Iamgreen1 and mama Trippleblessings, I don already buy plenty white and green sleep suits and body suits o.
lol... White n green as how?! Funny u

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2022
EATING RIGHT DURING PREGNANCY

Eat Healthy for you and Your Baby
#ATGHealthyEating #ATGWeightGainInPregnancy

Making a baby is hard work for a woman's body. Eating right is one of the best things you can do to help your baby grow and develop normally.

Eating a balanced, healthy diet can help prevent:

• Too much weight gain
• Gestational diabetes
• The chance of needing a C-section
• Anemia and infections in the mother
• Poor healing
• An early birth of the baby
• A low birth-weight baby

�Eating for two
The amount of healthy weight gain in pregnancy varies. These are general guidelines:
• Normal total weight gain for a healthy woman is 25 to 35 pounds (11 to 16 kilograms).
• Overweight women should gain only 10 to 20 pounds (4 to 9 kilograms) during pregnancy.
• Underweight women or women with multiples (twins or more) should gain 35 to 45 pounds (16 to 20 kilograms) in pregnancy.
Ask your health care provider how much weight you should gain.

Eating for two does not mean eating twice as much food. Pregnant women need about 300 extra calories a day. But, where these calories come from matters.

• If you eat sweets or junk food, the extra calories do not provide the nutrients your baby needs.
As a result, your growing baby will get the vitamins and minerals it needs from your own body. Your health could suffer.
Instead of junk food, choose foods that are:

�High in protein
�Rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fats and lower in trans fat and saturated fats.
�Low in sugar (sugar provides only empty calories) or refined carbohydrates
�high in fiber

Other nutrients your baby needs are:

�Calcium, for healthy growth.
�Iron, for the baby's blood supply. It also prevents anemia in the mother.
�Folic acid, for reducing the risk for spina bifida (incomplete closing of the spinal column), anencephaly (defect of the brain), and other birth defects.

�What to eat

Eating a well-rounded diet with all of the right nutrients and getting at least 30 minutes of exercise per day is important for a healthy pregnancy.

For most normal-weight pregnant women, the right amount of calories is:
• About 1,800 calories per day during the first trimester
• About 2,200 calories per day during the second trimester
• About 2,400 calories per day during the third trimester

✔️Bread, cereal, rice, and pasta:
Eat 9 to 11 servings a day.
These foods give you carbohydrates. They turn into energy for your body and for your baby's growth.
Whole-grain and fortified products have folic acid and iron.

✔️Vegetables:
Vegetables are a good source of vitamins A and C, folic acid, iron, and magnesium.
Eat 4 to 5 servings a day.
Try to get at least 2 of your daily servings from green, leafy vegetables.

✔️Fruit:
Eat 3 to 4 servings a day.
Fruit gives you vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber. Choose fresh fruits and juices. They are better for you than frozen or canned fruits. Eat plenty of vitamin C-rich foods, like citrus fruits, melons, and berries. Try to avoid juices that have sugar or sweeteners added.

✔️Milk, yogurt, and cheese:
Eat 3 servings a day.
Dairy products are a great source of protein, calcium, and phosphorus. If you need to limit calories and cholesterol, choose nonfat dairy products.

✔️Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts:
Eat 3 servings a day.
Foods from this group are good sources of B vitamins, protein, iron, and zinc.

✔️Fats and oils
You need moderate amounts of fat in your diet for you and your growing baby. Fats provide long-term energy for growth and are needed for brain development. Women with special diet needs should plan their meals carefully to make sure they get the nutrition they need. Talk to your provider or a dietitian if you have a special diet, such as:
• Vegetarian or vegan
• Lactose intolerant
• Gluten-free

Fluids and Vitamins

Pregnant women should also drink plenty of fluids. Avoid drinks with caffeine and sugar. Ask your provider how much fluid you should get each day.
You should also take a prenatal vitamin that has folic acid, iron, and the other vitamins and minerals that all women need.

Dr Esther Oluwadeyi
ATG Group
Culled from medlineplus.gov

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2022
Bloomingbud:

If you say extral grace please put mine in capital letter, I missed 2 (volume and 40m) but I'm still fine.

For solid rock I dont like their lackadaisical attitude and it has always been like that maybe just for me sha, then I went for antenatal last week friday only for them to tell me I wont be attended to because I came late. I pleaded with the nurse but she still refused. The normal antenatal time is between 9am_12pm I got there 11:45 because I was coming from work then got stucked in traffic again but even with all the explanations they didnt attend to me. Since I registered with them I've not done any scan in the hospital, Drs dont check me, all they do is give me routine drugs and tell me to come back in 4 weeks.
All these is just things pissed me jare, not like I've used them for anything other than malaria before self.

Please calculate your mat leave well and apply on time, I hear say person don born for office for una branch before. I'm applying for annual leave next month sha.

Its just the 40m i missed too.

I guess its cause its hmo thats why they are misbehaving. If it was a private patient they wont do that.

I'm most likely going for elective cs so i will speak with my gynae to know the exact week it will be done. Antenatal here is daily. A gynae is always on ground 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday. But if you come weekends or public holidays, its a general doctor you will see. But nothing like you came late or anything, it will only affect who you end up seeing.

That matleave is too short biko. Plus the last time i spent like 3weeks at home before i put to bed. I sont want to waste anything this time around
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Daisy1111: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Mamas in the house, how can I manage this extreme fatigue,it's my first trimester,I can barely get up from bed,I'm tired 24/7. I need help please.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
Bloomingbud:

this Iya ibeji take style wicked sha.... Anyway our baby na proudly Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by untamedd(f): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
voucher:

My second CS was more painful but i have seen some women who said the second was better.. I can’t say what it depends on

Chai, maybe individual body, a friend also said her second was really painful. She was in labor for a while before they eventually did CS. I’m trying to avoid that kind of situation.

I’m trying to see if I should try Vaginal birth. My first, i didn’t go into labor at all hence the CS. I’m scared of pain, I won’t lie so I’m trying to go for the easier option. I know none is easy but I’ll take the less painful one. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by untamedd(f): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
Bloomingbud:

My colleague said her second and third CS were much more painful, not experienced more than one.

Wow. Are you trying vaginal birth this time or opting for CS again?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
this Iya ibeji take style wicked sha.... Anyway our baby na proudly Nigerian

Ok. I'll add grey colour when next I'm buying things.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
untamedd:

Wow. Are you trying vaginal birth this time or opting for CS again?

Dont know yet o, as I am like this I dont know if I've started antenatal or not.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Bloomingbud:

Ok. I'll add grey colour when next I'm buying things.

Don't even try that at all.

Before then, baby will cooperate and show you his or her bum bum. When going for your next scan, you too buy him or her biscuits.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
Daisy1111:
Mamas in the house, how can I manage this extreme fatigue,it's my first trimester,I can barely get up from bed,I'm tired 24/7. I need help please.

You can try lucozade boost.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ogiq: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hi MamaS,
Name is Ogiq and this is my first time commenting.
I am 5 weeks pregnant after tracing for 4 years.

I have been having since brown discharge for over a week now. My Gynae says it’s not a problem since the blood is not red but it worries me.

Did anyone experience this early in pregnancy and how long did it last pls.

Worry wan kee me

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ogiq:
Hi MamaS,
Name is Ogiq and this is my first time commenting.
I am 5 weeks pregnant after tracing for 4 years.

I have been having since brown discharge for over a week now. My Gynae says it’s not a problem since the blood is not red but it worries me.

Did anyone experience this early in pregnancy and how long did it last pls.

Worry wan kee me

I had this experience during my first child,tho not upto a week ooo,I tnk just few days..
Na scan cleared my thought..

You can go and do a private scan to check ,I tnk scan done that early is called Anomaly scan or something.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lancethealthtec: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Posting for visibility.

Nigeria can be described as a health system with severe and ongoing specialty shortages and regional disparities, telehealth and remote patient monitoring will emerge as crucial, affordable, and reliable ways to increase capacity. #health #nigeria #digitalhealth
Nigerians must know that preventive health solutions are affordable and offers better life assurance. #assurance #healthinsurance #personalhealth #medicaldevices .

We are medical supply company..
We bring the best of innovations and partnership.
www.lancethealthtech.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6700) (6701) (6702) (6703) (6704) (6705) (6706) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.