Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8129482 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6701) (6702) (6703) (6704) (6705) (6706) (6707) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
shiller:

I had this experience during my first child,tho not upto a week ooo,I tnk just few days..
Na scan cleared my thought..

You can go and do a private scan to check ,I tnk scan done that early is called Anomaly scan or something.

No ma'am, anomaly scan is done when pregnancy is already advanced (second trimester precisely) to check for defects on baby and all. I guess its transvaginal scan you meant to say. As normal abdominal scan would most likely not detect anything that early

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
sugarcoatted:

No ma'am, anomaly scan is done when pregnancy is already advanced (second trimester precisely) to check for defects on baby and all. I guess its transvaginal scan you meant to say. As normal abdominal scan would most likely not detect anything that early

Oh,okay...thanks Ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2022
My fellow teamies
@July Cappo,my blood level is now 36%,baby is fine nd good during scan..

Doc said see you in 2weeks time or in a labour room..

My journey of pineapple,treaking,climbing stairs,dancing nd kpekusing has finally began..

Baby abegooo,am waiting for you

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaLuce: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
Abuja mamas, please which hospital is best for antenatal/delivery. Government hospitals especially. Good evening mamas smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Its just the 40m i missed too.

I guess its cause its hmo thats why they are misbehaving. If it was a private patient they wont do that.

I'm most likely going for elective cs so i will speak with my gynae to know the exact week it will be done. Antenatal here is daily. A gynae is always on ground 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday. But if you come weekends or public holidays, its a general doctor you will see. But nothing like you came late or anything, it will only affect who you end up seeing.

That matleave is too short biko. Plus the last time i spent like 3weeks at home before i put to bed. I sont want to waste anything this time around

Ahh. What a waste of 3 weeks, I put to bed a week before my leave was to start so leave started immediately.
M$C is even trekkable from the office so i can consider them too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
shiller:
My fellow teamies
@July Cappo,my blood level is now 36%,baby is fine nd good during scan..

Doc said see you in 2weeks time or in a labour room..

My journey of pineapple,treaking,climbing stairs,dancing nd kpekusing has finally began..

Baby abegooo,am waiting for you
Good to hear teamie so also my doc also said at my appointment last week see u on the 8th or in labour,make u and ur baby decidegrin.congrats on the blood level oo,mine was 33% 2 wks ago will check it again tomorrow, ugwu water is da best blood booster I know sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Mamas in the house biko I need some clarity.

Do babies turn and twist? Recently the turning and twisting looks like they are turning eba in my tummy. Even at midnight I still dey collect jabs and turns.

Is this okay? I'm thinking of going for scan tomorrow. My tummy feels tight and I feel these kicks fit burst my tummy.

Oh what can be done to ease back aches, I'm just 28 weeks.

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omah1(f): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omah1(f): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
untamedd:
Any multiple C-section mamas here please? Is it true that second C-section is always worse than the first in terms of pain and recovery?
Any mama that had a Vbac, which do you prefer please? Vaginal birth or C-section

I am a multiple CS Mama.
The second C-S recovery was faster and the pain was more bearable.
It might be because I kind of played the whole process in my head before the D-Day and God showed me Mercy.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Has anyone here had a Vaginal delivery after 2 CS?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by untamedd(f): 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2022
omah1:

I am a multiple CS Mama.
The second C-S recovery was faster and the pain was more bearable.
It might be because I kind of played the whole process in my head before the D-Day and God showed me Mercy.

Wow, that’s great. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
voucher:

I doubt if any Dr or hospital will allow that as I've read severally on ATG group that one cant attempt vaginal again after 2 CS to avoid uterine rupture.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2022
Tgirltemmy:
Mamas in the house biko I need some clarity.

Do babies turn and twist? Recently the turning and twisting looks like they are turning eba in my tummy. Even at midnight I still dey collect jabs and turns.

Is this okay? I'm thinking of going for scan tomorrow. My tummy feels tight and I feel these kicks fit burst my tummy.

Oh what can be done to ease back aches, I'm just 28 weeks.

Thanks

Mine does that too and as for the backache, you can try warm bath, massage and gentle stretching exercises.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 1:09am On Jul 08, 2022
omotolanibaby:
Happy new month!
We pray for favours in the month of july.
Teamie hope the back pain and heaviness is not telling on us too much.The lord is our strength.
Counting down 2 more months to go!
May the Lord see us through the remainings days and may we deliver safely!
Team September roll call
NAME.....................EDD....................SEX

1.omotolanibaby...Sept14..XY(boy)
2. Flourishing19... Sept 29....Unknown
3.Mr HighSea..... sept 7... unknown
4.1stymom... sept 2 ... XX(girl)
5.nahzyla ....sept 25... unknown
6.suzzyrims.......sept 16.... unknown
7.Ummufarrah......sept 21.... unknown
8.teebee22........sept 15..... XY(boy)
9.ohfenrami .....sept 29.... unknown
10.heebah.……..sept....... XY(boy)
11.firstpregnancy.....sept 19..... XX(girl)

N.B if I omitted your name, edd or baby's gender please notify me
C.c heebah?

Cappo, kindly update sex to XY. May God make the carriage and delivery of these our LOs easy for us.

Sabi mamas in the house, should I be concerned that baby is in transverse lie at exactly 28 weeks? Thanks in advance for your response.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Omg Flora! grin grin grin grin

Yeah, turns out I married my Boss and we're expecting twins in October grin

Life!!!

Your crush finally became yours

Congratulations darling
H&H bumping too

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2022
Flourishing19:

Cappo, kindly update sex to XY. May God make the carriage and delivery of these our LOs easy for us.

Sabi mamas in the house, should I be concerned that baby is in transverse lie at exactly 28 weeks? Thanks in advance for your response.

No you shouldn’t be, baby will still keep changing position.. There’s still enough time
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2022
Bloomingbud:

I doubt if any Dr or hospital will allow that as I've read severally on ATG group that one cant attempt vaginal again after 2 CS to avoid uterine rupture.

Okay thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2022
Flourishing19:

ok
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2022
Happy new month!
Teamie hope the back pain and heaviness is not telling on us too much.The lord is our strength.
Team September roll call

2. Flourishing19... Sept 29....xy(boy)
7.Ummufarrah......sept 21.... XX(girl)
10.heebah.……..sept 22...... XY(boy)
12.minmin2323......sept 27 .... unknown

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hoelujohn: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2022
ladyrachy:

Good to hear teamie so also my doc also said at my appointment last week see u on the 8th or in labour,make u and ur baby decidegrin.congrats on the blood level oo,mine was 33% 2 wks ago will check it again tomorrow, ugwu water is da best blood booster I know sha
Please how should the ugwu water be prepared? Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Heebah: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2022
omotolanibaby:
Happy new month!
Team September roll call

C.c heebah?

Let's just put the date as Sept 22. Gods willing. Thanks cappo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmuFarrah(f): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2022
omotolanibaby:
Happy new month!
Team September roll call

C.c heebah?
Sex is XX ma. I wonder why it wasn't indicated in the result. Was thinking I should be shown the genital sef to see for myself. The sonographer just dey do everything rush rush. I intend to go confirm somewhere else jare. Thanks ma. We're fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2022
voucher:

No you shouldn’t be, baby will still keep changing position.. There’s still enough time
Thanks, mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
UmmuFarrah:

Sex is XX ma. I wonder why it wasn't indicated in the result. Was thinking I should be shown the genital sef to see for myself. The sonographer just dey do everything rush rush. I intend to go confirm somewhere else jare. Thanks ma. We're fine
okay
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ifyjos(f): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hey Mommies which formula milk is good for the premature baby and the affordable one breastmilk is not enough for my baby boy. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StephOkemini: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
dacblogger:

Thanks Mama. How is our little warrior doing?.
Hope she is adding weight as the day goes by?

Yes oo... She's doing so fine and getting very strong.. She no dey allow me sleep or rest, always wanting to eat cheesy.. Thank God the food dey show, she dey add small small�

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbleGodDidIt(f): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
BellaLuce:
Abuja mamas, please which hospital is best for antenatal/delivery. Government hospitals especially. Good evening mamas smiley

FMC Jabi
Kubwa Gen.
National Hospi
Gwarinpa Gen
Gwagz Teaching Hospi.

All depends on the one closest to you. None is perfect, just pray that God favors you and not make you a victim to medical errors. If you have the time and resources, you can also combine with a good private.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StephOkemini: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ifyjos:
Hey Mommies which formula milk is good for the premature baby and the affordable one breastmilk is not enough for my baby boy. Thanks in advance

I saw some mums at the hospital buying Aptamil for their babies, they said it's good. So when buying you'll ask for the one for preterm babies.. I don't know if it's called PRE Aptamil

I also heard of Nan.. the one for preterm is PRE Nan... I bought this one when my milk supply was low but they didn't use it for my baby.. They said she doesn't need formula that I should try and get breast milk

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
StephOkemini:

Yes oo... She's doing so fine and getting very strong.. She no dey allow me sleep or rest, always wanting to eat cheesy.. Thank God the food dey show, she dey add small small�
Thank God.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
#ATGMalariainPregnancy

Touching Malaria in Pregnancy

Prevention :
The national policy on malaria control recommends use of intermittent preventive treatment with sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine (IPT-SP) for chemoprophylaxis against malaria in pregnancy;

Treatment :
The use of quinine and arthemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) for acute treatment of malaria in the first, and second/third trimesters.

Contraindicated anti malarials in pregnancy includes :
Anti-malaria drugs such as primaquine, halofantine, mefloquine, etc., are contraindicated in pregnancies and thus not recommended.

References: NIH

#teamaskthegynaecologist
#IPT #ATGIPT

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Soki234: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
voucher:

Vaginal birth after 2 previous CS is almost absolutely contraindicated. This is so because, as someone rightly said, there is a very high chance of uterine rupture that may be catastrophic to either or both mother and the baby.

Depending on the type of CS, subsequent vaginal birth may even be contraindicated after only 1 previous CS. This is so mostly with a classical CS (though this isn't a regular choice for the obstetrician nowadays).

For women who have had one previous CS in which a transverse lower segment incision (most common) was done, there is no automatic qualification to attempt VBAC. There are series of criteria that you and your baby will have to fulfill during the course of antenatal care, and even up to the labour room.

Outcomes are poorer when a woman is attempting a VBAC is subjected to a repeat CS during the course of labour and delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl004: 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Check this out

(1) (2) (3) ... (6701) (6702) (6703) (6704) (6705) (6706) (6707) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.