Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141726 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) (6784) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
MercyMercy:

Good evening mummies and daddies.
Sorry the B.S is coming late. Haven't had time for myself as such. I sleep at any opportunity.

Pls pardon me, will be as brief as I can.

After the birth of my second child in 2018, dh and I decided to pause so I did an arm implant early 2020. No side effect except the skipping of menstrual flow which I liked. Lol.
Fast forward to Sep/Oct 2021(can't remember exactly),dh brought up the issue of removing the implant so it was removed and by December 2021, yours truly took in. The journey wasn't easy at first trimester,I vomited almost all through. Second trimester till third trimester was so smooth and sweet. I myself could testify I glittered cheesy
So on 20th Sep. at about 3pm,was getting set to pick the children from school when I noticed contractions. Due to previous experience,sent dh a message to pick them up while I timed the contraction. It was constant but wasn't strong. I was reluctant going to the hospital because the next day was my antenatal appointment but around 10:30pm, told dh we should leave for the hospital. We got there and was checked...2cm gone. Doctor advised I stayed back rather than going home and returning which I did.
God so kind, around 2am my beautiful princess was born via VD. Tear was little and suturing was done.

I give God thanks for everything and I trust Him to make it easy for other pregnant mamas. To those waiting on the Lord,hang on,your miracle is sure and you will testify soon.

Thanks everyone kiss

Congratulations mama...May God make it easy and swift for us all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ihavethingstodo: 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
MercyMercy:

Sorry the B.S is coming late. Haven't had time for myself as such. I sleep at any opportunity.

After the birth of my second child in 2018, dh and I decided to pause so I did an arm implant early 2020. No side effect except the skipping of menstrual flow which I liked. Lol.
Fast forward to Sep/Oct 2021(can't remember exactly),dh brought up the issue of removing the implant so it was removed and by December 2021, yours truly took in. The journey wasn't easy at first trimester,I vomited almost all through. Second trimester till third trimester was so smooth and sweet. I myself could testify I glittered cheesy
So on 20th Sep. at about 3pm,was getting set to pick the children from school when I noticed contractions. Due to previous experience,sent dh a message to pick them up while I timed the contraction. It was constant but wasn't strong. I was reluctant going to the hospital because the next day was my antenatal appointment but around 10:30pm, told dh we should leave for the hospital. We got there and was checked...2cm gone. Doctor advised I stayed back rather than going home and returning which I did.
God so kind, around 2am my beautiful princess was born via VD. Tear was little and suturing was done.

I give God thanks for everything and I trust Him to make it easy for other pregnant mamas. To those waiting on the Lord,hang on,your miracle is sure and you will testify soon.

Thanks everyone kiss

God be praised for everything!!

Nice BS and congratulations again Mama!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
Opsycal:

Please respond to my message on picking up the flask

thanks a million..... I'll come pick it tommorow afternoon... I've replied Ur mail my phone number is there please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
cinderellashoes:

Very soon mama, baby is taking her time. Have you tried walking and little exercises? What did your doctor say?

Doctor said we should wait another week that no cause for alarm but I'm really looking forward to seeing my LO

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darhmmy: 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Please mums what can I do if my baby suddenly stopped sucking my breasts. Whenever I give her she puts her mouth and then removes it again. What should I do. She's not even up to six months yet

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
Please Mamas is it advisable to get baby food when going to deliver cos the nurse that check my hospital bag was telling me I might need one if milk is no forth coming immediately I give birth
And if true, which one is the best please??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Darhmmy:
Please mums what can I do if my baby suddenly stopped sucking my breasts. Whenever I give her she puts her mouth and then removes it again. What should I do. She's not even up to six months yet
go get formula n wen ur baby clock 6months, start introducing solid foods little by little..... Sm babies dont like sucking breast... My mom told me i stop sucking her breast mysef at 5months old and luckily 4 her, i was eatin anything she gave to me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omobithousand:
Please Mamas is it advisable to get baby food when going to deliver cos the nurse that check my hospital bag was telling me I might need one if milk is no forth coming immediately I give birth
yes, get one can of NAN formula... I am just mentioning NAN cks its one of d best in Nigeria but it really comes down to how ur baby tommy will tolerate d formula cs not all formula goes well wit baby tommies... Dt is if ur breastmilk doesn't come out early but if u r lucky n ur milk flow out same day u give birth... Pls do not offer baby formula, u might endup regretting it.... (pls use syringe to offer baby formula else wen breastmilk start coming, baby may reject ur breast)

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omobithousand:

Yes you should go with milk cos you might not lactate immediately, i always go with Nan
You can give baby for a day or 2 while still putting him or her to breast then discontinue when you establish enough supply if you want to go for exclusive breastfeeding

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
MercyMercy:

Thanks everyone kiss

Congratulations Momma!
Please what is the name of the implant you were using

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omobithousand:

Doctor said we should wait another week that no cause for alarm but I'm really looking forward to seeing my LO

Aawhn, trust me, I understand your hurry momma. But I agree with the doctor, let baby keey baking so he/she comes out very healthy and strong!
Before you know it, it's one week
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rashidadegbola(f): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
cinderellashoes:

How are you doing mama?

Very well thank you. I m there still waddling

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 2:19am On Oct 09, 2022
Congratulations mama MercyMercy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by OLESCO(f): 5:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Good day mamas in the house hope w3 are doing good.

Pls I have begin noticing this thing that looks like dry skin on my baby's back. Like it comes and goes but now its frequent. I was thinking may the water I do use to birth him is kind of hot or its because he usually sleep on his back but someone came visiting and said its NLA" in Igbo language and ELA in Yoruba laguage and its kinda dries children and make them to look malnourished and it can only be cured with traditional herbs.

I'm kind of scared cos my baby that was chubby before is now kind of skinny. This is not an exaggeration cos he was 6.3kg when we went for 10weeks immunization. Same weight (6.3kg) when we went for 14weeks on wednesday. Which means he didn't even shishi......

Pls is this NLA / EELA if yes how do I go about it. Pls help me out... First time mum is not a joke ohhh small time I don begin worry pls help me out

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by formidablefunmi(f): 6:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Good day mamas I had a miscarriage and did a d and C August 31st and bled for about 8 days 28 days later I had a positive opk. With no or little eggwhite discharge unlike before when it use to be so much. Till now I have not seen AF. I don't know if I should return to the doctor or wait a while. Please help
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2022
kokaiye:
yes, get one can of NAN formula... I am just mentioning NAN cks its one of d best in Nigeria but it really comes down to how ur baby tommy will tolerate d formula cs not all formula goes well wit baby tommies... Dt is if ur breastmilk doesn't come out early but if u r lucky n ur milk flow out same day u give birth... Pls do not offer baby formula, u might endup regretting it.... (pls use syringe to offer baby formula else wen breastmilk start coming, baby may reject ur breast)

Thanks mama....my SIL said one aptamil is the best.. please do u know anything about it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 7:27am On Oct 09, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Aawhn, trust me, I understand your hurry momma. But I agree with the doctor, let baby keey baking so he/she comes out very healthy and strong!
Before you know it, it's one week

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 7:48am On Oct 09, 2022
I just want to rant small, not pregnancy related.

Someone please tell me if i am just being paranoid because i am really really upset. My brother inlaw, hubby's elder bro is fond of visiting unannounced. By visiting unannounced, i mean he will just show up at the door without informing anyone. I will give some instances. There was a time DH wasnt around, same as me but i was closer. Dh just called me to say his bro was waiting outside i should go open door for him. I was like, did he inform you he was coming he said no he just called to say he was outside. I just said i have tp finish what i was doing first before going anywhere, you cant show up on a work day knowing fully well we are supposed to be at work and expect me to rush home to go host you. When its not like something brought you, just regular visit. Hubby had to tell him to atleast inform us ahead next time. He now changed the pattern

Sometime in august, he came with his wife and their 5kids on one fateful sunday like that. We were informed when they were already almost at the house, no jokes. These people arrived with a ghana-must-go bag, to stay till tuesday. Meaning they already had it planned out. What stopped you from pre-informing your hosts biko? How do you expect us to feed extra 7 mouths without planning for it? They had to manage what we had as there was nowhere to start looking for what to buy to cook for them.

3rd scenerio is now. On Thursday evening this past week before my husband came home, he called to inform me that his bro just called that he was on his way to our house. I said ok no problem. He sha arrived. Later on, hubby said i shouldnt worry about it that he said he only came to 'stretch his legs' so he expects him to leave the next day. I said no problem. Only for me to realize oga came with a travel bag meaning it wasnt a day's visit. Later that thursday, their mum called to say the guy came to look for work. Like i dont even get it, first of all, you didnt preinform us of your visit, secondly we dont even have enough space for we that live in the house, not to talk of an extra person. Dh is obviously not happy but would be busy pretending everything is fine. On friday, dh came home 11pm which hardly ever happens. Yesterday he didn't leave the room all day, even to eat he ate in the room. When i asked if he wont go and atleast talk with the bro, he said its unfortunate he cant help him. So its me you will now leave your problems for to deal with?

Baby is coming this month, and i cant accomodate any extra person that has absolutely no contribution to make for me or my baby. We live in a 2bedroom flat, the 2nd room my daughter sleeps there with my 32yr old sis inlaw that lives with us. My mother inlaw will come once i put to bed, plus the new baby. So please where is this man supposed to stay? Btw, he is over 40.

A little about him, he came back from SA during that xenophobia period with nothing and has been trying to find his feet. He has 5children, the first is 22. Unfortunately, after they got back him and the wife made some wrong financial decisions that they lost even the funds raised for them after they got back. He is a tailor, this was what he has been doing since i have known him. Anyway, the wife got tired and left with all the kids in september. So he was all alone, he cant cook or anything. So he cannot really cope on his own.

My hubby likes his privacy so much and i know if this same scenario is from my end, it would have been a big issue. So why do i have to tolerate what he would never take? And the fact that everyone else sees it as normal because he is 'family' annoys me. Before someone would turn me to something else. Because if i decide to act mean now, someone will term me wicked and unreasonable. Yet you will see what is right and not do it. I'm really so upset

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 8:18am On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Someone please tell me if i am just being paranoid because i am really really upset. My brother inlaw, hubby's elder bro is fond of visiting unannounced. By visiting unannounced, i mean he will just show up at the door without informing anyone. I will give some instances. There was a time DH wasnt around, same as me but i was closer. Dh just called me to say his bro was waiting outside i should go open door for him. I was like, did he inform you he was coming he said no he just called to say he was outside. I just said i have tp finish what i was doing first before going anywhere, you cant show up on a work day knowing fully well we are supposed to be at work and expect me to rush home to go host you. When its not like something brought you, just regular visit. Hubby had to tell him to atleast inform us ahead next time. He now changed the pattern

Sometime in august, he came with his wife and their 5kids on one fateful sunday like that. We were informed when they were already almost at the house, no jokes. These people arrived with a ghana-must-go bag, to stay till tuesday. Meaning they already had it planned out. What stopped you from pre-informing your hosts biko? How do you expect us to feed extra 7 mouths without planning for it? They had to manage what we had as there was nowhere to start looking for what to buy to cook for them.

3rd scenerio is now. On Thursday evening this past week before my husband came home, he called to inform me that his bro just called that he was on his way to our house. I said ok no problem. He sha arrived. Later on, hubby said i shouldnt worry about it that he said he only came to 'stretch his legs' so he expects him to leave the next day. I said no problem. Only for me to realize oga came with a travel bag meaning it wasnt a day's visit. Later that thursday, their mum called to say the guy came to look for work. Like i dont even get it, first of all, you didnt preinform us of your visit, secondly we dont even have enough space for we that live in the house, not to talk of an extra person. Dh is obviously not happy but would be busy pretending everything is fine. On friday, dh came home 11pm which hardly ever happens. Yesterday he didn't leave the room all day, even to eat he ate in the room. When i asked if he wont go and atleast talk with the bro, he said its unfortunate he cant help him. So its me you will now leave your problems for to deal with?

Baby is coming this month, and i cant accomodate any extra person that has absolutely no contribution to make for me or my baby. We live in a 2bedroom flat, the 2nd room my daughter sleeps there with my 32yr old sis inlaw that lives with us. My mother inlaw will come once i put to bed, plus the new baby. So please where is this man supposed to stay? Btw, he is over 40.

A little about him, he came back from SA during that xenophobia period with nothing and has been trying to find his feet. He has 5children, the first is 22. Unfortunately, after they got back him and the wife made some wrong financial decisions that they lost even the funds raised for them after they got back. He is a tailor, this was what he has been doing since i have known him. Anyway, the wife got tired and left with all the kids in september. So he was all alone, he cant cook or anything. So he cannot really cope on his own.

My hubby likes his privacy so much and i know if this same scenario is from my end, it would have been a big issue. So why do i have to tolerate what he would never take? And the fact that everyone else sees it as normal because he is 'family' annoys me. Before someone would turn me to something else. Because if i decide to act mean now, someone will term me wicked and unreasonable. Yet you will see what is right and not do it. I'm really so upset
All your feelings about this are absolutely right. We are in a very hard time in Nigeria and feeding a child not to talk of an adult is not an easy task. Tell your husband to talk to him and give him grace till when you give birth BTW, you've tried sef since your SIL already live with you guys. Don't start what you can't finish that is, if he doesn't leave when it is still early, to send him away later will be almost impossible unless he decides to go himself.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Let your hubby handle the situation and come up with a solution for his brother. Disturb him in private until he takes the action needed. The funny thing is that once that guy finds his feet, he won't remember all these favor. We had a big cousin that was like this, now small wind of change, him and his wife no longer talks to anyone. He should go to his mother's house or find a single room to rent. Single rooms are affordable and he can start from there.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MercyMercy(f): 8:49am On Oct 09, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Congratulations Momma!
Please what is the name of the implant you were using
Thanks sis.
I have misplaced the card to get the exact name but I remember Implanon was written on it. Took it on my left underarm.
It was the one of 3years I used.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 9:01am On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

very tough to handle. I'm this type of person that can't expressed myself without crying. since he's family as you said, they are waiting for your outburst. don't go extra mile trying to please anyone.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

This morning after my long rant here, i decided to tell dh my mind. So he went to meet the guy and also called their elder sis.

They seem to be trying to use emotional blackmail. After hubby called the elder sis to tell her he cant stay, they have been calling to beg. Saying he is abandoning his brother that let him stay till December atleast, bla bla bla. How would you make such plans and tell us you are coming to stretch leg. I dont understand. Hubby told them he is not having such conversation and he has to leave tomorrow morning. I have decided that i wont talk about it again, i will ignore till i put to bed. Then i will refuse to leave the hospital till something is done. The person begging for him to stay lives in a mini flat with just her son here in lagos too. Why cant she accomodate him? Hubby sha said its impossible as he cant allow same if it was from me. So he cant dish what he cant take

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MercyMercy(f): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

This morning after my long rant here, i decided to tell dh my mind. So he went to meet the guy and also called their elder sis.

They seem to be trying to use emotional blackmail. After hubby called the elder sis to tell her he cant stay, they have been calling to beg. Saying he is abandoning his brother that let him stay till December atleast, bla bla bla. How would you make such plans and tell us you are coming to stretch leg. I dont understand. Hubby told them he is not having such conversation and he has to leave tomorrow morning. I have decided that i wont talk about it again, i will ignore till i put to bed. Then i will refuse to leave the hospital till something is done. The person begging for him to stay lives in a mini flat with just her son here in lagos too. Why cant she accomodate him? Hubby sha said its impossible as he cant allow same if it was from me. So he cant dish what he cant take

Stay till December
So if your hubby did not approach him,he will just be there till December? No na,that's not fair!
Since your sis in law is around, which other sibling can he go to stay with? Don't he have friends? Or better still he should go to his parents house while your hubby support them financially with what he can.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MercyMercy(f): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2022
cinderellashoes:
Congratulations mama MercyMercy grin grin grin
Able captain,thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2022
MercyMercy:

Able captain,thanks ma'am
You are welcome mama

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2022
MercyMercy:

Stay till December
So if your hubby did not approach him,he will just be there till December? No na,that's not fair!
Since your sis in law is around, which other sibling can he go to stay with? Don't he have friends? Or better still he should go to his parents house while your hubby support them financially with what he can.

He stays in same community with his parents at Ifo, ogun state. He has a rented apartment there while they leave in the house hubby managed to build for them. Their elder sis stays at ikotun, her husband is based abroad. And she is the one begging for him to stay here when she can fully accommodate him. I dont know why she is avoiding it. Hubby has been assisting him financially as much as he can. But with his 5children, its really not enough. Before the wife got tired and left last month. We too, we are just managing. Its really not easy for us. But we still try as much as we can. He didn't even let us know his plans and make decisions, he just appeared from nowhere and expect us to understand because he is 'family'. Its really unfair na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

It is well sis, just take it cool before they will say na wife pursue him o, but make sure u don't go extra mile just to make him comfortable, people like me wey like to carry face na wen and wot I cook u go chop, make person no come kill....I think he doesn't even need to be informed to leave wh when baby comes

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Let him go biko! Some inlaws can overdo, I’m sure if tables were turned, he won’t accommodate you.. You don’t have enough space in your home and his stay will cause wahala so let him leave while his siblings contribute money to get him a small apartment..
The one i housed for one year, went to my back to say i was starving him! A close to 40 years old man that i was feeding thrice a day

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Omobithousand:

Thanks mama....my SIL said one aptamil is the best.. please do u know anything about it
yes... Aptamil is good too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
MercyMercy:

Thanks sis.
I have misplaced the card to get the exact name but I remember Implanon was written on it. Took it on my left underarm.
It was the one of 3years I used.

Okay thanks so much for the info!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
sugarcoatted:

ehn dec bitibawo, inside small 2bedroom flat??!!! Omo!!! No gree ooo... Its lik dt ur bro inlaw no get shame.. He is a man n an adult, he shld find his way... What rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) (6784) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: memories1(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.