Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8144160 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6835) (6836) (6837) (6838) (6839) (6840) (6841) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
Good Evening Mamas. Remember I came on Monday to say I was seeing blood and was advised to go the hospital. I was told to do a Transvaginal scan and the result was that uterine fibroids coexist with the pregnancy of 5wks 2 days(+/- 1week). I was told to repeat scan in 2 weeks and come back to the hospital and observe bed rest and was also prescribed duphaston. Meanwhile I am still bleeding. I wasn't having pain before but this afternoon I started experiencing pain in my tummy and waist. Please mamas I need your contribution and support. I am so confused and downcast. I don't want to loose my baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2023
FexCathy:
Good Evening Mamas. Remember I came on Monday to say I was seeing blood and was advised to go the hospital. I was told to do a Transvaginal scan and the result was that uterine fibroids coexist with the pregnancy of 5wks 2 days(+/- 1week). I was told to repeat scan in 2 weeks and come back to the hospital and observe bed rest and was also prescribed duphaston. Meanwhile I am still bleeding. I wasn't having pain before but this afternoon I started experiencing pain in my tummy and waist. Please mamas I need your contribution and support. I am so confused and downcast. I don't want to loose my baby.

It's well with you, you will carry your baby to term in Jesus name. Make sure you adhere to what the Dr says and pray along.

Happy waddling

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sumy21(f): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2023
deeem:
Team March February roll call.

I must confess, I'm so happy because we have almost reached the finishing line grin grin grin cheesy. We thank the Almighty God for where he started from, where we are and where he's taking us to smiley. It shall definitely end in praise for us all.Amen

Name.......Edd...... Gender

(1) deeem.........18th...........XY
(2)Belovedbaby......9th..... unknown
(3) Godmother........3rd....... XY
(4)Teetopic......19th...... unknown
(5) Bhusawlah.......21st....... XX
(6) Cutiemama.......29th....... unknown
(7) Graciouslara........8th...... unknown
(cool Sumy21.........16th..... unknown
(9) Jenmima........18th.......XX
(10) trevolady........15th........ unknown
(11)sherifat23........12th......... XX and XX
(12)Ryan03........8th.......XX

Hope we are all doing great?How far with our baby things, personal needs and hospital list too?Are we fully ready to welcome our LOs? I still have few things left to get.May God provide for us all.Amen.
I went for scan yesterday,was measuring 2 weeks ahead with a 2.7kg baby and it's not as if I eat too much o.my tired is tired honestly. All I know is it shall end in praise for us all.

#teameasydelivery
#teamgoodnews
#teamhappyending

we are doing good cappo, i went for scan last two weeks and they said it looks like the baby is a girl, but i'm not buying that one sha i will wait till i give birth to know the gender, for now let me just remain team green. My baby is currently in transverse position after being head down at 32 weeks when i did scan, i just hope the baby turns before my EDD. Safe delivery to us all.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 3:41am On Feb 02, 2023
JOANDIVA:
BA BA BA

My pink jet have landed
Through Elcs
Thank you Jesus
Congratulations mum.
May the birth of your baby bring more good tidings to your family, Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2023
FexCathy:
Tips from when I experienced this - You’ll need to observe very strict bed rest, abstain from certain activities, complete pelvic rest. Your duphaston will be increased dosage till bleeding subsides. I was also given progesterone pessaries to be inserted via the other place not where the bleeding occurs. But my doctor didn’t do all these until they confirmed a heart beat at 6 weeks 3 days.
Don’t worry it’ll be okay by Gods grace, I almost had a panic attack then too but every ultrasound I kept doing came back great.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayomitomiwa(f): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2023
You will be fine
Good Evening Mamas. Remember I came on Monday to say I was seeing blood and was advised to go the hospital. I was told to do a Transvaginal scan and the result was that uterine fibroids coexist with the pregnancy of 5wks 2 days(+/- 1week). I was told to repeat scan in 2 weeks and come back to the hospital and observe bed rest and was also prescribed duphaston. Meanwhile I am still bleeding. I wasn't having pain before but this afternoon I started experiencing pain in my tummy and waist. Please mamas I need your contribution and support. I am so confused and downcast. I don't want to loose my baby. [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Belovedbaby: 11:48am On Feb 02, 2023
Sabi mamas don't know what to do at this point.I am 35weeks today(based on last menstrual period)scan is saying 34weeks even my baby is small 1.9kg.Please teach me what to do because I am scared
Note: Elective cs is at 36weeks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
Belovedbaby:
Sabi mamas don't know what to do at this point.I am 35weeks today(based on last menstrual period)scan is saying 34weeks even my baby is small 1.9kg.Please teach me what to do because I am scared
Note: Elective cs is at 36weeks
Is there a medical condition for getting ELCS at 36 weeks?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

This is a valid question most induction are given based on them wanting to keep experimenting their drugs or the convinience of the hospital having one less pregnant woman to worry about.
Under weight is not a reason for induction , you even want the baby to be full term so they can weigh more.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Belovedbaby: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

yes ma
Pregnancy induced hypertension
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
Belovedbaby:
yes ma
Pregnancy induced hypertension
Did the doctor do the scan that rules out IUGR? The one that measures the blood flow from placenta to the baby and uses that very hot gel ? Pregnancy induced bp plus protein in urine causes iugr, preeclampsia, malfunction in liver and other medical conditions , so it’s better to have the ELCS. The only cure is delivery of the placenta because the placenta is compromised. There’s usually no medical treatment except taking bp meds, complete bed rest, change in diet. Don’t worry the baby will be okay and will gain weight after birth, I can completely understand your concerns, God will make everything right. Please don’t stress yourself or worry, it’ll only make matters worse.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
Boliboli760:

This is a valid question most induction are given based on them wanting to keep experimenting their drugs or the convinience of the hospital having one less pregnant woman to worry about.
Under weight is not a reason for induction , you even want the baby to be full term so they can weigh more.
I suspect IUGR, if it’s IUGR it’s better to bring baby out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Belovedbaby: 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Did the doctor do the scan that rules out IUGR? The one that measures the blood flow from placenta to the baby and uses that very hot gel ? Pregnancy induced bp plus protein in urine causes iugr, preeclampsia, malfunction in liver and other medical conditions , so it’s better to have the ELCS. The only cure is delivery of the placenta because the placenta is compromised. There’s usually no medical treatment except taking bp meds, complete bed rest, change in diet. Don’t worry the baby will be okay and will gain weight after birth, I can completely understand your concerns, God will make everything right. Please don’t stress yourself or worry, it’ll only make matters worse.
No protein in urine ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Briells: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good afternoon mamas,

Please has anyone used Hospital too far leaf to boost blood during pregnancy? Does it really work? Is it safe for the baby? What is the dosage? My PCV is very low and I was advised to boost it. Experienced mamas please reply me ooo, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
JOANDIVA:
BA BA BA

My pink jet have landed
Through Elcs
Thank you Jesus

Congratulationsssss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Belovedbaby:
No protein in urine ma
Don’t worry it’ll be okay, once the baby is out your blood pressure will stabilize. But question your obgyn further as to what his reasons are for wanting you to have the ELCS, I know Nigerian doctors don’t like being questioned they feel challenged once you question them but make sure you use your money finish don’t dash them anything grin . Ask him if it’s as a result of blood pressure not being stable, what options he can explore due to baby’s weight at the moment, if you can buy more time? Is there a nutritionist on board?
just question him even if we know he’s having the procedure at 36 weeks.
I once saw a doctor at the practice of the hospital I use that didn’t like being questioned, I made sure I frustrated him with my questions since he hated it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Belovedbaby: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Don’t worry it’ll be okay, once the baby is out your blood pressure will stabilize. But question your obgyn further as to what his reasons are for wanting you to have the ELCS, I know Nigerian doctors don’t like being questioned they feel challenged once you question them but make sure you use your money finish don’t dash them anything grin . Ask him if it’s as a result of blood pressure not being stable, what options he can explore due to baby’s weight at the moment, if you can buy more time? Is there a nutritionist on board?
just question him even if we know he’s having the procedure at 36 weeks.
I once saw a doctor at the practice of the hospital I use that didn’t like being questioned, I made sure I frustrated him with my questions since he hated it.
Thanks so much ma,I am really grateful ma.I went for second opinion in another lab and the weight measured 2.61kg.The first measured anterior placenta while the second opinion measures posterior placenta though I did the first one in my hospital (clinic)the second one in the lab.I am speechless don't even know what to do.Just that the second said my amniotic fluid can only sustain me for two weeks cus it's a bit low.I want natural ways to boost my amniotic fluid and I need suggestions

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
Belovedbaby:
Thanks so much ma,I am really grateful ma.I went for second opinion in another lab and the weight measured 2.61kg.The first measured anterior placenta while the second opinion measures posterior placenta though I did the first one in my hospital (clinic)the second one in the lab.I am speechless don't even know what to do.Just that the second said my amniotic fluid can only sustain me for two weeks cus it's a bit low.I want natural ways to boost my amniotic fluid and I need suggestions
The disparity in the opinions expressed is a lot, if you can afford it kindly seek a third opinion to put you at ease but I’m comfortable with and also hoping the second weight is the real weight. If you live around Surulere or it’s axis you should get an opinion from prisms, they’re reliable but the wait time is horrible.
I don’t think anything can be done regarding the amniotic fluid. Thankfully you’re 35 weeks already and the baby has a full survival chance even if born right now.
But I’ll be more comfortable seeking a third opinion because I’m wondering why first U/S didn’t reveal the low amniotic fluid levels, it’s confusing. Kindly read the link below it may be helpful

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-to-increase-amniotic-fluid

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nellyquash(f): 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
kunmisola:
FEBRUARY ROLL CALL FOR TEAM MAY

To the Almighty God who has kept us for the first 31st days of the year 2023 and also abundantly able to see us through the remaining days of the year, we give all the praises.

Welcome to the month of February, this month shall surely birth positive things in our homes and families in Jesus name.

To those of us that have checked the gender, kindly quote this post with the gender so that it will be updated.

1. Indian03........................................ May 27th
2. Kunmisola............ May 6th.......... XY
3. Nellyquash........... May 8/10..............XY
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd...............XX
5. Coloredsg......................................May 16th
6. fabulousfay.................................. May 6th
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018......................................... May 31st
10. Chylucia........................................ May 20th
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XY
14. Timitoyo .......................May 30th.........

Happy new month May mamas. Kindly respond to roll call please, I noticed that most of us don't respond. It's just a way of checking on us all.
We are gradually moving to 3rd trimester, May God see us through in Jesus name. How is shopping? God will provide for us all. Have a blessed and fulfilling month.

Happy new month Cappo and everyone.

May God continue to give us good health in Jesus name. Amen

Thanks for checking up on us.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Timitoyo:

Congratulations oooo.
Thanks mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Belovedbaby: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

The disparity in the opinions expressed is a lot, if you can afford it kindly seek a third opinion to put you at ease but I’m comfortable with and also hoping the second weight is the real weight. If you live around Surulere or it’s axis you should get an opinion from prisms, they’re reliable but the wait time is horrible.
I don’t think anything can be done regarding the amniotic fluid. Thankfully you’re 35 weeks already and the baby has a full survival chance even if born right now.
But I’ll be more comfortable seeking a third opinion because I’m wondering why first U/S didn’t reveal the low amniotic fluid levels, it’s confusing. Kindly read the link below it may be helpful

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-to-increase-amniotic-fluid
Thanks so much for the input ma.I am in the hospital right now and the doc is considering bringing out the baby next week but I was told to come for another scan to monitor the fluid on saturday

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bennytwin:

Wowwwww so so happy. I have been refreshing this page since morning waiting for ur announcement. I m so excited and happy for you.
Congrats mama.
February mama don open show this Ist of feb! Wishing us all a successful delivery in Jesus name,amen!

Thanks mama. I gave birth by 2:25pm but I couldn’t see road to press phone. Am really grateful to God that everything ended well. Safest delivery to the remaining mama. We shall all come back to testify the goodness of God

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ryan03(f): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
Godmother:

Could be one baby is hiding behind the other. At this rate you will just see XX and XY on that day
see this woman? Nor give me BP abeg, my can cannot can shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Belovedbaby: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Mummies that is the amniotic fluid estimate

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
ayomitomiwa:
HELP!!!
I'm in my second trimester and I won't stop spitting. Any remedy to stop or reduce this will be appreciated.

I spit from the day I'm positive till second day after birth in all my pregnancies. I don't think anything can stop it till it goes on its own. But chewing gum or bitter kola will really help not to spit while still in your mouth. Though both are not entirely safe if it's too much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Macarana: 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good day everyone.

Your kind suggestions and critics duly welcomed. Please professionals in the house help....what does this Scan result mean??

Fyi, she had an abortion and then this is her scan results afterwards. What does this mean please??

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Cibel59:

C's Keh?? Heii God oh. It was the doctor that told me to come for induction after three weeks, if I don't deliver. Haaa God abegg

Biko don't fear. Induction doesn't lead to CS all times.its just that with induction, leading to CS later is higher than having normal birth. I did Induction for my two kids and both were successful and good. Though painful but believe me ,it's nothing your body can't handle. My first induction from 6 am, gave birth 4 pm. My second induction,the first day it didn't lead to strong labour, then the second day it was increased and I gave birth before 2 pm. It was so fast but painful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
Cibel59:

Please, how was induction like?? Is it really that painful?? Abegg cry

My sister,I don't mind being induced at 37 weeks Instead of waiting till 41 weeks for labour. pregancy can be so tiring. Induction is painful because there won't be much break btw one contractions and the next,Infact my contractions are on top of another. But they say normal labour is painful and same. Our body compensate with labour pain by realising endormorphin to relax us before next contractions. I heard it very high in normal labour so they have time to relax well than being induced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
Coloredsg:

Induction is very very painful.
Like being burned alive or going to hell and back.
Pls don't let me scare you o.
Just stay positive. It shall end in praise.

grin grin grin grin haaaa. You are scaring her oo. It's painful yes, but labour is known to be painful. Sincerely I mostly ran mad at the last stage grin grin grin for both my kids grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
Timitoyo:

Omo, you have scared us all grin

grin grin grin it's all worth it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2023
kunmisola:
FEBRUARY ROLL CALL FOR TEAM MAY

To the Almighty God who has kept us for the first 31st days of the year 2023 and also abundantly able to see us through the remaining days of the year, we give all the praises.

Welcome to the month of February, this month shall surely birth positive things in our homes and families in Jesus name.

To those of us that have checked the gender, kindly quote this post with the gender so that it will be updated.

1. Indian03........................................ May 27th
2. Kunmisola............ May 6th.......... XY
3. Nellyquash........... May 8/10..............XY
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd...............XX
5. Coloredsg......................................May 16th
6. fabulousfay.................................. May 6th
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018......................................... May 31st
10. Chylucia........................................ May 20th
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XY
14. Timitoyo .......................May 30th.........

Happy new month May mamas. Kindly respond to roll call please, I noticed that most of us don't respond. It's just a way of checking on us all.
We are gradually moving to 3rd trimester, May God see us through in Jesus name. How is shopping? God will provide for us all. Have a blessed and fulfilling month.

Thanks for checking up on us. We are counting weeks grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
sumy21:
we are doing good cappo, i went for scan last two weeks and they said it looks like the baby is a girl, but i'm not buying that one sha i will wait till i give birth to know the gender, for now let me just remain team green. My baby is currently in transverse position after being head down at 32 weeks when i did scan, i just hope the baby turns before my EDD. Safe delivery to us all.

You still have time.my first baby turned at exactly 38 weeks and I was Induced 41weeks 6 days. My second baby turned at exactly 36 weeks and I was Induced at 38 weeks 3 days cos of high BP. So don't worry, hopefully baby will turn very soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (6835) (6836) (6837) (6838) (6839) (6840) (6841) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rhayne(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.