Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142187 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6840) (6841) (6842) (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cibel59(f): 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2023
Bennytwin:

The date i know is the most certain is the date given during ur first ultrasound or early scan. Thats the date around 7 or 8 weeks. Follow that date and not any later date as later date tends to change.

As for the induction,you know your body best. I think you should be patient for maybe a week and try some exercises,massaging the boobs and some natural fruit inducers. If it doesnt work,then you can be induced.

Have you thought of doing membrane stripping? Also helps in induction. Speak wt ur gynae and exhaust all other options bfor that liquid drip. It is very hot.lol
U gat this mama

I was induced oh! Shuuu! The pain was hell but God saw me through cry cry. I put to bed on Thursday, 9th February.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cibel59(f): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
Please mamas, is there anything I can do to reduce the stitches pains?? cry cry. I got tear, my baby also gave me tear. I was told not to sit on hot water to avoid the stitching getting loose and to avoid re stitching. Bikonu, I need help, since Thursday, I have been in pains. cry

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coloredsg(f): 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cibel59:

I was induced oh! Shuuu! The pain was hell but God saw me through cry cry. I put to bed on Thursday, 9th February.
Wao
Congrats mama.
The pain was worth it in the end.
So happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coloredsg(f): 5:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cibel59:
Please mamas, is there anything I can do to reduce the stitches pains?? cry cry. I got tear, my baby also gave me tear. I was told not to sit on hot water to avoid the stitching getting loose and to avoid re stitching. Bikonu, I need help, since Thursday, I have been in pains. cry
Sit on warm water. Just add a pinch of salt and a little Dettol.
The water should be warm not hot.
Also try and sit on flat wooden surfaces. It helps a lot too.
Example is the picture attached.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cibel59:
Try the tucks medicated cooling pads and Dermoplast pain relieving spray. I bought these for a friend a few years ago and they were helpful to the tears she had from labour. I forgot to add that you should ask your doctor for stool softener it also helps a whole lot with little to no strain while trying to do number 2.
Huge congratulations on your newborn too kiss

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coloredsg(f): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
kunmisola:
TEAM MAY

We thank God for how far he has brought us and we know and believe that he is abundantly able to take us through the remaining months.

Some of us are in the third trimester while some are in the last weeks of second trimester. May God deliver us safely in Jesus name.

To those of us that have checked the gender, kindly quote this post with the gender so that it will be updated.

1. Indian03............... May 27th..........XY
2. Kunmisola............ May 6th.......... XY
3. Nellyquash........... May 8/10..............XY
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd...............XX
5. Coloredsg......................................May 16th
6. fabulousfay.................................. May 6th
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018......................................... May 31st
10. Chylucia........... May 20th.... XX & XY
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XY
14. Timitoyo .......................May 30th.........
15. iamfertile .....................May 2nd..............

How is shopping? God will provide for us all in Jesus name. Have a blessed and fulfilling day.
Amen o. I am planning to start shopping by month end.
Pls update mine. I be mama twins. Lol.
Only one gender confirmed and it's XY. Don't know the gender of the second. I can only pray it's a girl.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
kunmisola:
TEAM MAY

We thank God for how far he has brought us and we know and believe that he is abundantly able to take us through the remaining months.

Some of us are in the third trimester while some are in the last weeks of second trimester. May God deliver us safely in Jesus name.

To those of us that have checked the gender, kindly quote this post with the gender so that it will be updated.

How is shopping? God will provide for us all in Jesus name. Have a blessed and fulfilling day.

Sex confirmed XX

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
ananne:
Team August(Team Grace)

Ananne___________________________ August 15th

Thejourney200.____________________August 30th

Bluevy_____________________________August 4th

Senorita__________________________August 24th

TemmyB18_______________________August 21st

August Mama's make una show o

Meanwhile, how are you all doing..

Hope some of us have registered for antenatal.

Wify started during the week.

Wify has started too and I went to the appointment last week. Everything is fine and she was advised to reduce her sugar/carbs intake as that is a major cause of headache. The doctor explained that much carbs drops sugar level or something like that and that causes headache.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ryan03(f): 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
2nd TM, 37 weeks and no sign of labor, nothing at all. Same thing happened with my first till I was induced at 42 weeks, they said it's like that for some first time mothers. Now this is number 2 and I can see that same thing is about to happen angry this is the same pattern the first pregnancy followed o, just no sign, not even mucor plug. I am not happy at all

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ryan03(f): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
Godmother:

CS is not a bad thing. The goal is mom and baby alive.

I just had my baby through elective cs yesterday at 37 weeks 1 day.

The healing process is a bit longer than vag delivery, but you'll be fine
I don't mind going through this route right now, I am tired. I just want to give birth, start healing process and go back to being me. My tired is tired

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ryan03(f): 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cutiemama:
congratulations mama ...march mamas they hot oh ...I am so happy for you God bless you and the baby
na only me nor dey hot for this March, see eh, I just want to cry. Maybe my body go calm down if I cry small

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cibel59(f): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Try the tucks medicated cooling pads and Dermoplast pain relieving spray. I bought these for a friend a few years ago and they were helpful to the tears she had from labour. I forgot to add that you should ask your doctor for stool softener it also helps a whole lot with little to no strain while trying to do number 2.
Huge congratulations on your newborn too kiss

I will get them , thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cibel59(f): 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Coloredsg:

Sit on warm water. Just add a pinch of salt and a little Dettol.
The water should be warm not hot.
Also try and sit on flat wooden surfaces. It helps a lot too.
Example is the picture attached.

Omoooooooo, I will try the wooden seat but I don't think I will do the hot water stuff oh. I was advised not to o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by segxi1960: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
kunmisola:
TEAM MAY

Happy to be here. We are also May 9...

First timer. Mother and child doing well so far.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by trevolady(f): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
Godmother:
BA! BA! BA!

March capo, I gave birth on Feb 11 through elective CS.

Mom and baby are doing fine. BS coming soon

Congrats mama,Glory be to God for a safe delivery.

Chai am I the only march mama who is not ready to port to February

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
Cibel59:

Omoooooooo, I will try the wooden seat but I don't think I will do the hot water stuff oh. I was advised not to o

Warm water not hot water
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutiemama: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2023
Ryan03:
na only me nor dey hot for this March, see eh, I just want to cry. Maybe my body go calm down if I cry small
my sister atimes I just need to cry to get that bad energy out and breath in a new breath...why not talk to your doctor about Getting induced or having an elective cs ..if u have the mind for it ..I know that tired feeling dear honestly it's not even easy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by deeem: 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Godmother:
BA! BA! BA!

March capo, I gave birth on Feb 11 through elective CS.

Mom and baby are doing fine. BS coming soon
. thank you Jesus.congratulations teamie smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ananne: 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
thejourney200:

Wify has started too and I went to the appointment last week. Everything is fine and she was advised to reduce her sugar/carbs intake as that is a major cause of headache. The doctor explained that much carbs drops sugar level or something like that and that causes headache.

It's good to know she has started. One step at a time.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ananne: 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=Senorita222 post=120850917]Yes oooo
I just started this week
Ms is fading off
By next week I will hug second trimester...so happy
But I don't like it that my bump is showing already
More Grace To Us
#TeamGrace4Sure

I am glad your MS has started wearing off. Cheers to a smooth second trimester.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by deeem: 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
March mamas are serving us hot hot.Thank God for the birth alerts seen and the incoming ones smiley smiley I'm trying to hold on till I will be 38weeks which is 4th of March before I chase this guy comot for my belle.my tired is tired,I need my body back abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ryan03(f): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Cutiemama:
my sister atimes I just need to cry to get that bad energy out and breath in a new breath...why not talk to your doctor about Getting induced or having an elective cs ..if u have the mind for it ..I know that tired feeling dear honestly it's not even easy
going there on Friday, let me still give period of grace till Friday if this little guy will make any move. I appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
I just wanted to share some few words with my fellow preggers. I respect people that have Elective CS and Emergency CS. I have had 3 Emergency CS myself, due to prolonged labour .Had to recover with no family support ...But I have come to realise many CS are done in order for the hospital to free beds(personal experience).
I see many people suggesting CS casually on this platform like it is not a major surgery . But the truth of the matter is, it is a major surgery. And it was introduced to safe lives in a critical and serious situation.
I am pleading with everyone that do not have a serious medical reason and have not made up their mind on CS to not let anyone pressure them into CS or accept CS cos it was casually suggested CS to them as the new norm.
Many in the West are using many traditional herbs to induce and promote good , healthy ,less traumatic and natural labour. They travel all across the world to get this herbs.
We have it in Nigeria, please find out about them.

Also I envy people in Nigeria who have good weather to go to beaches, visit family and parties . Use that towards the end of your pregnancy to while away time .
You can do it!!!!
Education is key , peer pressure and peer influence is real in all ages.
Stay strong.
Will share my stories later on this platform.

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Antinatal - not yet started cos cash no dey. Hsp don't collect cash and I can't usee 200 collect 1k and take it to one general hospital(Adeoyo maternity teaching hsp, yemetu, IB) that has turned them self to pos agent. Imagine, as if they don't collect salaries, still ripping patient off there hard earned money.
Shopping - I don't even know where to start that from. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but I have not even a socks at home, as I gave everything out.
Maybe after election, when this cash thing ease up a bit, I can think of shopping and registering. But, won't I be heavy then? All is well sha

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Coloredsg:

Amen o. I am planning to start shopping by month end.
Pls update mine. I be mama twins. Lol.
Only one gender confirmed and it's XY. Don't know the gender of the second. I can only pray it's a girl.

Where is dancing emoji now. Team May now have two mama ejima in our midst. Congratulations mama.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
TEAM MAY

5. Coloredsg.........May 16th....XY & Green
14. Timitoyo ...............May 30th..............XX
16. segxi1960 ....................May 9th...............

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
ananne:

It's good to know she has started. One step at a time.

Yes ooo. The funny thing is just it seems the days are slow compared to that of the first. The 40weeks no be joke.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
segxi1960:

Happy to be here. We are also May 9...

First timer. Mother and child doing well so far.

Welcome to team May mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Queen2022: 6:59am On Feb 15, 2023
Howyeh:

Eyahhh!
So sorry mama.
May the good Lord give you double for the loss.
As regards treating fibroids without surgery, it doesn't really work.
... are they multiple?
The sizes and location also matter.
Actually, I had fibroids, having tried for a while, I later opted for myomectomy, & by God's grace, I conceived just about 10weeks after surgery.

As for my younger sis, she also has fibroids, but got pregnant immediately after marriage, we were so happy as there were fears as to whether she would also experience delay just like I did....
I was always advising her against stress, bike stress most esp, truth be told, she stressed that pregnancy!
... she started bleeding later, and lost it...

We felt we were back to square one, she booked an appointment with my surgeon, after evacuation, he said to come back for surgery after 8eeeks or so.
But sth just kept on telling me to let her seek a 2nd opinion.... (U know how ds ppl sometimes hastily conclude on surgery cos of d monetary benefits)
So, I referred her to an old gyn, she went to see that one, and he assured her she cud fall pregnant again, and carry through.
Lo and behold, shortly later,she fell preg!
....that time with close monitoring and less stress, she pulled thru, had her baby vaginally.
D tumors r still dr, but she' soon start trying for #2.

In essence, if it's not in a "so bad location" & not too big, for you to have fallen preg befr, the Lord can help you to do again & carry thru.
If otherwise, pls make up your your mind on surgery, close eye, open am, your babies r in ur arms.

Am few weeks to delivery of baby #2 by God's grace, having had surgery in September 2020.
The Lord help u sis!

Please can you assist me with your email?? I need to talk to you . Thank you very much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 7:54am On Feb 15, 2023
Howyeh:

Eyahhh!
So sorry mama.
May the good Lord give you double for the loss.
As regards treating fibroids without surgery, it doesn't really work.
... are they multiple?
The sizes and location also matter.
Actually, I had fibroids, having tried for a while, I later opted for myomectomy, & by God's grace, I conceived just about 10weeks after surgery.

As for my younger sis, she also has fibroids, but got pregnant immediately after marriage, we were so happy as there were fears as to whether she would also experience delay just like I did....
I was always advising her against stress, bike stress most esp, truth be told, she stressed that pregnancy!
... she started bleeding later, and lost it...

We felt we were back to square one, she booked an appointment with my surgeon, after evacuation, he said to come back for surgery after 8eeeks or so.
But sth just kept on telling me to let her seek a 2nd opinion.... (U know how ds ppl sometimes hastily conclude on surgery cos of d monetary benefits)
So, I referred her to an old gyn, she went to see that one, and he assured her she cud fall pregnant again, and carry through.
Lo and behold, shortly later,she fell preg!
....that time with close monitoring and less stress, she pulled thru, had her baby vaginally.
D tumors r still dr, but she' soon start trying for #2.

In essence, if it's not in a "so bad location" & not too big, for you to have fallen preg befr, the Lord can help you to do again & carry thru.
If otherwise, pls make up your your mind on surgery, close eye, open am, your babies r in ur arms.

Am few weeks to delivery of baby #2 by God's grace, having had surgery in September 2020.
The Lord help u sis!
Please how do I send you a private message?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TemmyB18(f): 9:20am On Feb 15, 2023
[quote author=ananne post=120901502][/quote]

You people are leaving me behind with this antenatal, I will try to go to the clinic on Saturday Sha, that's the only day I am free.

Your bump is showing already? Mine isn't o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
Queen2022:

Please can you assist me with your email?? I need to talk to you . Thank you very much
Am so sorry sis.
Just seeing this...
Just came online....
toslek2019@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6840) (6841) (6842) (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.