Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142173 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6842) (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
indian03:

The rule of the thumb is don't do family planning unless you are done with giving birth. I'm expecting my third baby and am hanging boot after this. I have heard a lot of good things about IUD and many friends and family are using it and it's one of the family planning with minimal side effects because it has nothing to do with hormones. Any family planning relating to messing with female hormones usually have side effect . I don't advice pills or implanon because research has been done that it increase the risk of getting cancer. You can also try google

Okay. Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
indian03:
Please anybody with hospital list and baby list? Pls help a third time mum with pregnancy brain grin

I have tried sending you a copy but network isn't allowing it to go. If you can share your email so I can forward it to it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Krystalluv:
Good morning house. Pls I need help on Family Planning. Anybody with experience on any family planning method? How safe? Side effects? How soon after stopping will pregnancy come?
I know this is not a place for this, but pls help a sister.
Or any link where I can get info on Family Planning methods.
Thanks.

Incase you get more information, kindly share. We have partially resolved to tying the tubes but I am not sure if that is the best although we are done with childbirth after this second one. I am also thinking maybe a vasectomy is better but hopefully as the days go by, we will think of what to settle for.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:29am On Feb 21, 2023
iamfertile:

I have tried sending you a copy but network isn't allowing it to go. If you can share your email so I can forward it to it

Godbless you.
t.asherifat@gmail.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:32am On Feb 21, 2023
thejourney200:

Incase you get more information, kindly share. We have partially resolved to tying the tubes but I am not sure if that is the best although we are done with childbirth after this second one. I am also thinking maybe a vasectomy is better but hopefully as the days go by, we will think of what to settle for.

Honestly vasectomy is better if you get a husband that would agreed to this grin. Cos many men won't. Tying of the tubes also very good. Though all these,two are permanent family control sad. I get scared of permanent family control
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 11:04am On Feb 21, 2023
Hello Mama's, I have been trying to come on board for some months now, because I forgot my login password. Fortunately I got my password right today. I am on my third missionary journey and I will be due for delivery by June. How una dey my preggy mummies, how body.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funkaish: 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
[quote author=indian03 post=121070338]Please anybody with hospital list and baby list? Pls help a third time mum with pregnancy brain grin[/quote I also need an hospital list and baby things to buy. We are 30 weeks plus. My email is aishatfolabi2@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
Peeping in, but I will still dodge that baby dust Sha. Team June 2022 here, we have 2 teeth and can crawl.

Praying for BFP for all those TTC, a smooth and stress less pregnancy journey for Mamas and easy, fast delivery for all. May the vigilante period be easy too.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutiemama: 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2023
My last appointment the doctor booked me for induction at 37 weeks but the doctor i saw today felt i wont be needing an induction as everything sims to be fine with me ..its a teaching hospital i don't KNOw how to request for an induction because my last pregnancy they tagged me high risk i bleed like a tap and had an episode with pre eclemsia ..my bp never shot up all through the pregnancy but it did during labour ..i have my fears i dont want a repeat of what happened as i lost the baby in the whole process ..i plan to request for an induction in my next antenatal visit i dont know if it sounds strange ..the last doctor i saw gave me better audience than this one ..i am really tired and exhausted .mamas plz i need your opinions ..and my baby flipped and is head down ..glory be to God will not be needing a c section ..march mamas how are you all holding up ...the lord is our strength we are almost there

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Cutiemama:
My last appointment the doctor booked me for induction at 37 weeks but the doctor i saw today felt i wont be needing an induction as everything sims to be fine with me ..its a teaching hospital i don't KNOw how to request for an induction because my last pregnancy they tagged me high risk i bleed like a tap and had an episode with pre eclemsia ..my bp never shot up all through the pregnancy but it did during labour ..i have my fears i dont want a repeat of what happened as i lost the baby in the whole process ..i plan to request for an induction in my next antenatal visit i dont know if it sounds strange ..the last doctor i saw gave me better audience than this one ..i am really tired and exhausted .mamas plz i need your opinions ..and my baby flipped and is head down ..glory be to God will not be needing a c section ..march mamas how are you all holding up ...the lord is our strength we are almost there
I’m glad to read your baby flipped, it relieves me a lot. Due to this last episode you described I think you need a doctor with listening ears, maybe look for the previous doctor and engage him on a one on one level and maintain that you want it to be in the teaching hospital facility. I’ve had a similar stint as yours going by your description and I realized I needed personalised care and moved on to that which has been very helpful to me.
Please like I mentioned earlier find the earlier one you feel comfortable with and engage him on a one on one basis if it means paying him but let him know you want to stay in the hospital you don’t want a private facility, you just want his personalised care while using this government hospital. Don’t worry everything will be okay, we share similar sentiments when it comes to this doctors and I don’t like doctors who don’t have listening ears and always rushing everything without thoroughly considering my past history, I’ll be worried also.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
[quote author=Funkaish post=121100851][/quote]

I think this should be helpful

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
indian03:

Honestly vasectomy is better if you get a husband that would agreed to this grin. Cos many men won't. Tying of the tubes also very good. Though all these,two are permanent family control sad. I get scared of permanent family control

I am a man and I am very okay with vasectomy. It is 99.9% irreversible however, do I need more children, I do not think so. Should I feel the need for more children, I could adopt. For now, my wife wants us to have more discussion with a doctor.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by deeem: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
Cutiemama:
don't give room for fear please. Affliction shall not rise again in Jesus name.if you are comfortable with being induced please talk to your doctor about it.We await your testimony.safe delivery momma kiss

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funkaish: 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
kunmisola:

I think this should be helpful
thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bez(f): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
Do we even have anyteam April at all in the house abi na only me waka come

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bez(f): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
Do we even have any team April at all in the house abi na only me waka come

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 6:33am On Feb 22, 2023
thejourney200:

I am a man and I am very okay with vasectomy. It is 99.9% irreversible however, do I need more children, I do not think so. Should I feel the need for more children, I could adopt. For now, my wife wants us to have more discussion with a doctor.

Wow, nice
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 6:39am On Feb 22, 2023
thejourney200:

Nothing yet. Yours is better, u are done having kids. I have a 14 months old baby. I need a temporary family planning method bcs I want to run a 3-year course and I don't want a baby in d middle of the program.
What people say abt the family planning is what scares me. Some say they couldn't have more kids after the family planning, some say they got pregnant immediately, some even say they got pregnant while on the family planning. Some are busying shouting 'natural method', 'billing method'.
Hospitals are shouting 'dont follow what people are saying, come and do your test, what works for A may not work for B'.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hauwi(f): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2023
bez:
Do we even have any team April at all in the house abi na only me waka come

I am team April 30th
What’s your edd? Let’s start the roll call😊

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2023
indian03:

Godbless you.
t.asherifat@gmail.com

Sent. Hope you received it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2023
Team February 2023

Username —————-EDD—-——Gender

1. JOANDIVA————-Feb 8————XX BA and BS seen Feb 1

2. Amazingift01———Feb 12——-

3. Bennytwin———-Feb 14————XY BA seen Feb 4

4. Miracleawesome—Feb 12———XY

5.Joyfulgal————Feb 2————-XX BA seen Jan 19

Amazingift01 and Miracleawesome I wish you both the safest delivery. Waiting for your BA. Pls come and update us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:49pm On Feb 22, 2023
iamfertile:

Sent. Hope you received it

Yes I did thanks grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ryan03(f): 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2023
Cutiemama:
I am not holding up well o cry I am tired. Last anti-natal visit, doctor said they will do membrane stripping when I visit next which is this Friday. I don't know what to expect, wether to carry my bag or not, heard it painful too. Husband won't be around, he will only be able to carry me there in Friday as he is meant to travel because of election duty, my sis is coming from Delta but called me today that she can't find anywhere to withdraw money from, not even pos. I am just tired. I am thinking of skipping this week's anti-natal cause I don't know how to cope. Husband is sending his younger brother down so he can drive me around but I will be more comfortable with my own siblings and non is in same state with me. Its just tiring, and the fact that no labor sign yet is another cause for concern, not even the slightest sign

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by deeem: 12:01am On Feb 23, 2023
Ryan03:
I am not holding up well o cry I am tired. Last anti-natal visit, doctor said they will do membrane stripping when I visit next which is this Friday. I don't know what to expect, wether to carry my bag or not, heard it painful too. Husband won't be around, he will only be able to carry me there in Friday as he is meant to travel because of election duty, my sis is coming from Delta but called me today that she can't find anywhere to withdraw money from, not even pos. I am just tired. I am thinking of skipping this week's anti-natal cause I don't know how to cope. Husband is sending his younger brother down so he can drive me around but I will be more comfortable with my own siblings and non is in same state with me. Its just tiring, and the fact that no labor sign yet is another cause for concern, not even the slightest sign
.. Please don't be tired,we are almost rounding up the race smiley smiley.I feel you shouldn't skip the antenatal because labour itself can even start any moment from now.Take your bag along and Incase you don't need it you will return it since you have someone to drive you down there.Safe delivery in advance to us wink

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amazingift01(f): 1:31am On Feb 23, 2023
[quote author=JOANDIVA post=121144376]Team February 2023

Username —————-EDD—-——Gender

1. JOANDIVA————-Feb 8————XX BA and BS seen Feb 1

2. Amazingift01———Feb 12——-

3. Bennytwin———-Feb 14————XY BA seen Feb 4

4. Miracleawesome—Feb 12———XY

5.Joyfulgal————Feb 2————-XX BA seen Jan 19

Amazingift01 and Miracleawesome I wish you both the safest delivery. Waiting for your BA. Pls come and update us
I actually gave birth on 17th Feb. But I lost him.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2023
Good morning beautiful Mama's, trust were pushing on. May our delivery be easy injn. I'm currently 30weeks 2days today, so My Dr. told me that I'll do a scan at 32 weeks to check the baby wellbeing. I'm just curious to know what type of scan that is. Has anyone done it? Is it the same scan like ultrasound scan?
My 2nd question is - I always thought all pregnant women has swollen feet while pregnant but me my legs are not sweel up. I'm still wearing my old slippers. Is it OK?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 7:59am On Feb 23, 2023
[quote author=Amazingift01 post=121146742][/quote]

Haaa, so sorry sis. May God console you & give you the ones that'll stay with you. It's well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 8:02am On Feb 23, 2023
indian03:

Yes I did thanks grin

Welcome

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbasFavourite: 8:16am On Feb 23, 2023
[quote author=Amazingift01 post=121146742][/quote]

🤦 May God give you double for your loss. Sorry mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2023
iamfertile:
Good morning beautiful Mama's, trust were pushing on. May our delivery be easy injn. I'm currently 30weeks 2days today, so My Dr. told me that I'll do a scan at 32 weeks to check the baby wellbeing. I'm just curious to know what type of scan that is. Has anyone done it? Is it the same scan like ultrasound scan?
My 2nd question is - I always thought all pregnant women has swollen feet while pregnant but me my legs are not sweel up. I'm still wearing my old slippers. Is it OK?

Thanks

I had a scan too on Monday at 32 weeks 3 days and the sonographer was confused to why I was booked for a scan. She said they wrote in my note that my last baby was small which was complete lie(I guess the consultant had to write a genuine reason so the scan can be booked). I think it is a decision made by the doctor in charge of your care, he/she might like continious scan to make sure they monitor baby for their peace of mind. It is not normal but it happens. Yes , it is ultrasound scan .

- Not all legs/feet gets swollen, sometimes it happens towards the very end. If you are healthy and active it might never happen. It is a good sign if you don't have it.
Wish us all safe delivery

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2023
Boliboli760:

I had a scan too on Monday at 32 weeks 3 days and the sonographer was confused to why I was booked for a scan. She said they wrote in my note that my last baby was small which was complete lie(I guess the consultant had to write a genuine reason so the scan can be booked). I think it is a decision made by the doctor in charge of your care, he/she might like continious scan to make sure they monitor baby for their peace of mind. It is not normal but it happens. Yes , it is ultrasound scan .

- Not all legs/feet gets swollen, sometimes it happens towards the very end. If you are healthy and active it might never happen. It is a good sign if you don't have it.
Wish us all safe delivery

OH, thank you sis. I'm a first time mum maybe that's why she's taking precautions. Now I'm relieved. Wishing us all a safe delivery.
#NoComplicationNoPain#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2023
iamfertile:

Thanks
Growth scan is what they asked you to do and it’s a routine scan, it’s very normal to be done around that time, in Nigeria it’s hardly spoken of in some hospitals because they consider affordability and overlook it, in the hospital I use it’s standard procedure and must be done, hospitals differ.

If your feet isn’t swollen then you’re lucky and it’s a good sign you’re not retaining water and no edema.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6842) (6843) (6844) (6845) (6846) (6847) (6848) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.