Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145022 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6891) (6892) (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) (6897) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2023
June mamas, where una dey? How come this place dry like this? This is our month mehn

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

At Week 10, scan showed one of the twins has stopped growing at Week 7. Since then my heart always pound anytime I go for scan. As a result of this , I kept the pregnancy news to myself. None of my family members knew including my mum who stayed with me I only told them after I was admitted for 9 days to monitor my blood sugar so there was no way I couldn't tell them why I was in the hospital because they were scared . 10 days after I told my mum, she passed on.

The pregnancy was pretty easy, no nausea, no vomiting, no food nor smell adversion . The only thing was the bitter taste on my mouth .

From day 1, my consultant has stated I will deliver via CS due to age, so on Week 37 and 6 days I headed to the hospital but the teaching hospital was on strike so had to use a private hospital. The CS was pretty fast, within 5 mins I heard the cry of my baby , only the stitching took time .I was 45yrs, 3 month and 14 days old.

I was discharged 2 days later immediately it was certified my daughter didn't have jaundice.

Yesterday was her naming ceremony, indeed it was worth it and God is God .

Timitoyo joun , damn your LO is CUTEEE🙆! Cos of this baby you experience motherhood,nothing on earth shall cut your joy short in Jesus name AMEN..

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2023
waistbead:

Timitoyo joun , damn your LO is CUTEEE🙆! Cos of this baby you experience motherhood,nothing on earth shall cut your joy short in Jesus name AMEN..

Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

At Week 10, scan showed one of the twins has stopped growing at Week 7. Since then my heart always pound anytime I go for scan. As a result of this , I kept the pregnancy news to myself. None of my family members knew including my mum who stayed with me I only told them after I was admitted for 9 days to monitor my blood sugar so there was no way I couldn't tell them why I was in the hospital because they were scared . 10 days after I told my mum, she passed on.

The pregnancy was pretty easy, no nausea, no vomiting, no food nor smell adversion . The only thing was the bitter taste on my mouth .

From day 1, my consultant has stated I will deliver via CS due to age, so on Week 37 and 6 days I headed to the hospital but the teaching hospital was on strike so had to use a private hospital. The CS was pretty fast, within 5 mins I heard the cry of my baby , only the stitching took time .I was 45yrs, 3 month and 14 days old.

I was discharged 2 days later immediately it was certified my daughter didn't have jaundice.

Hmm, you're a strong woman. Congratulations. Speedy recovery injn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funkaish: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
[quote author=iamfertile post=123640103][/quote] All glory to the most high..there was no loss for may mothers....June and other months shall testify in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chineke667: 12:20am On Jun 10, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

Awww... She is so adorable.congratulations momma!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mamas, hope we're taking our pineapple, dates, peppersoup and any other things that help labour.
If you can take kpekus, pls do o, enjoy it as much as you can, oga will soon go on leave when we deliver our bondle of joy.
I pray we all come out victorious by God's grace.
June cappo, what happened it's been a while.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Michelle55: 5:05am On Jun 11, 2023
UmuMuhsinah:
Mamas, hope we're taking our pineapple, dates, peppersoup and any other things that help labour.
If you can take kpekus, pls do o, enjoy it as much as you can, oga will soon go on leave when we deliver our bondle of joy.
I pray we all come out victorious by God's grace.
June cappo, what happened it's been a while.
This part got me laughing sha, I haven't even attempted it from the moment I found out I'm pregnant. Hope there's no underlying stress stretched to it please.☹️

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2023
Good morning dear Mamas.. Please has anyone heard of IUGR before??And was there anything that was done about it??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 8:26am On Jun 11, 2023
Iyabetajos:
Good morning dear Mamas.. Please has anyone heard of IUGR before??And was there anything that was done about it??

If your scan results show intrauterine growth restriction, it means the baby is not developing as is expected and you will likely loose the pregnancy when the iugr goes on to become intrauterine fetal death, iufd.

The cause is not known but, most ppl attribute this to placental insufficiency and hypoperfusion of the mother's blood into the placenta.

The fetus has entered one chance, I'm afraid to say.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2023
Hmmmn....It is well..I'm 31weeks gone and the doctor said I have to be managed closely and likely deliver early..May my testimony and expectation not be cut short in Jesus name.

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2023
Iyabetajos:
Hmmmn....It is well..I'm 31weeks gone and the doctor said I have to be managed closely and likely deliver early..May my testimony and expectation not be cut short in Jesus name.

If you are 31 weeks gone with a iugr increasing the edd date and your initial edd is still more than 2months away, I'm afraid your child might not make it.

An early delivery comes with its own challenges and in a resource poor environment like Nigeria delivery before 37weeks will render the baby to be likely incubated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2023
You will need more frequent ANC visits.

If you notice the kicks are reducing that is a sign that your baby is giving up

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oyovwi: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2023
Iyabetajos:

Please don't over worry yourself. The outcome will largely depend on the hospital you are using. If your hospital has a good nicu and the baby is up to 1kg, baby can be given the steroid shot to develop the lungs and a C-section might be required. A very close friend went through the same, her baby was delivered at 32 weeks and is 3years now with no issues only that she's on the smaller side. All in all, there's hope but it might be very expensive.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

If you are 31 weeks gone with a iugr increasing the edd date and your initial edd is still more than 2months away, I'm afraid your child might not make it.

An early delivery comes with its own challenges and in a resource poor environment like Nigeria delivery before 37weeks will render the baby to be likely incubated.

Are you a doc?

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2023
Michelle55:

This part got me laughing sha, I haven't even attempted it from the moment I found out I'm pregnant. Hope there's no underlying stress stretched to it please.☹️
See this mama o, since? How far gone are you? How oga dey cope abeg. My oga go turn am to silent treatment ni o.
Well it really helps in labour as they say, it minimizes your chance of having tear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Michelle55: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2023
UmuMuhsinah:

See this mama o, since? How far gone are you? How oga dey cope abeg. My oga go turn am to silent treatment ni o.
Well it really helps in labour as they say, it minimizes your chance of having tear
Lol, yes nau. E no just dey my mind to do, I'm 28 weeks gone. Make im cope anyhow im like, make nobody stress this soft life wey I dey live laidis🤣🤣.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oyovwi: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Are you a doc?

E reach to ask sef. Most 34 to 36 weeks babies survive everyday without need for incubators so far the baby can breathe, regulate their body temperature and feed. The irony of life is that sometimes you see a 41week old baby ending up in the incubator. This life is weird lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

I reject it in Jesus name

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2023
Oyovwi:

Please don't over worry yourself. The outcome will largely depend on the hospital you are using. If your hospital has a good nicu and the baby is up to 1kg, baby can be given the steroid shot to develop the lungs and a C-section might be required. A very close friend went through the same, her baby was delivered at 32 weeks and is 3years now with no issues only that she's on the smaller side. All in all, there's hope but it might be very expensive.

Thank you so much ...I have taken the steroid shots and they have told me about the possibility of baby being small...thank you for encouraging me

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 10:14am On Jun 11, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Are you a doc?

E reach to ask oooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 10:14am On Jun 11, 2023
UmuMuhsinah:

Me sef since I confirmed pregnancy no show again oooo..the Lord is his strength

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2023
[quote author=Oyovwi post=123718074]

E reach to ask sef. Most 34 to 36 weeks babies survive everyday without need for incubators so far the baby can breathe, regulate their body temperature and feed. The irony of life is that sometimes you see a 41week old baby ending up in the incubator. This life is weird lol.[/quo

Exactly my sister

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Michelle55: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2023
Iyabetajos:

Me sef since I confirmed pregnancy no show again oooo..the Lord is his strength
🤣🤣🤣 I thought I am the only one on this soft life boat, make ogas dem wait abeg.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 11:43am On Jun 11, 2023
Iyabetajos:

Amen wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Are you a doc?

grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
UnApologeTic1:

Good morning Ma. Yes I have. It's just lightening it. More are even coming out.

Tribotan I mean. Not tried cacatin.

How many weeks/months is your baby? I haven't seen the lesion to make a proper guess or to hazard an assessment but if it's not getting better, you can decide to reshare it. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
Iyabetajos:

That's the spirit. We shall all carry to term and deliver successfully. Mother, baby alive with no complications. Daddy with plenty money and siblings with good health

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Timitoyo:
Mamas pls help , I have not been lactating since . What can I do pls ?

You only need to continually put your baby's mouth to breast. The milk ejection reflex is only delayed. Give it some time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thegamingorca(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
nellyquash:
Good day house,
Please what can I use to treat NLA for my son.
I don’t know what they call it in English or Yoruba.
His front hair is gone and it’s breaking too.
The skin discoloration is something else.
The antibiotic I’m giving him, I’m not seeing any changes.

Please help oo

Sounds concerning, a picture of the lesion would be
most helpful as well as how old your baby is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6891) (6892) (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) (6897) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.