Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6893) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128691 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6890) (6891) (6892) (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crownandhoney: 5:28am On Jun 07, 2023
Hi mamas…
I have a question for the IVF babies mums, pls when did y’all stop taking your medications? And what gradual process did you take?
I have been on mine for 11 weeks now. Progynova, estrogen and duphaston.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Danny4God(m): 5:59am On Jun 07, 2023
team September 01

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by akintola213: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jenny855:
Where my September teamie’s at ooo
We are getting closer grin

Honestly I can’t wait o🥹🥹🥹

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
May mamas how u na dey? Hope we all done put to bed?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
crownandhoney:
Hi mamas…
I have a question for the IVF babies mums, pls when did y’all stop taking your medications? And what gradual process did you take?
I have been on mine for 11 weeks now. Progynova, estrogen and duphaston.

I was on cyclogest insert till week 20 and baby aspirin till week 18 .

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by samieea28(f): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
sunbestie:
Team October 2023

Welcome to the month of JUNE. Protocols shall be broken because of us.. we will flourish and prosper, our families will encounter great turn around. Amen

Hope we are fully enjoying the honeymoon stage.. my DH no dey allow me rest for the oza room oo, d knack don reach to dey collect money like this oo😄😄🤣🤣
The pressure down my lower abdomen is much and is make me walk like a pigeon 🤣🤣

Hope we are enjoying the small small kicks and quickening wey follow this stage😍😍

Be serious with your routine drugs, intake of water, fruits and vegetables.

If you have not registered for antenatal, I think is time to do that....I have registered and I'm enjoying the class.

Feel free to ask any questions bothering you... We will be right here to help.

Answer your roll call and tell us how you are doing.
1. sunbestie -------- 30th Oct
2. Fineire ---------- 31st Oct
3. jjaney --------- 10th Oct
4. ableGoddidit22 -------- 5th Oct
5. samieea28 ------------ 25th Oct
6. misskenny --------- 10th Oct
7. treasuree95 ---------- 15th Oct
8. kinkybabie11 --------- 8th Oct

If you are team October and you are hiding just come out now and register before we start collecting fine for lateness oo😄😄

Team God gat us
Team happy Mamas
Team easy pregnancy and delivery

Let's go Mamas💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
we are doing well. Thanks Cappo

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
BS BS BS (Part 1)

I didn't see my period in Nov 2018, it was 3 months to my 41st birthday. I knew I wasn't pregnant though I mated with my fiance then but foolishly used contraceptive. Fast forward to Feb 2019, he called off the relationship after I tested negative to pregnancy test but period refused to come . It was later I got to know another lady got pregnant around that period for him .

I started seeing a gynae who suggested I do nothing for 3-4 months to see if my cycle will reset itself . I did series of tests but nothing though the Dr suspected PCOS . I later changed clinic and the new Gynae placed me on 28- day contraceptive of which my period will come after then. It was like this for 10 months , by then it was already 2020.

The reality that I may not be able to conceive was wearing me down. I started performing poorly in the office. It got to an extent the GM who is an Engineer will see errors in the accounts I prepared as a Chartered Accountant. I was contemplating suicide but the thought that my mum ( who stayed with me will suffer) quickly snuffed out that thought .
In June 2020, as usual I went to see the Gynae but he was on sabbatical leave so I met one of the junior gynaes . He was full of concern immediately he reviewed my file and took me to meet the consultant. That's a day I will never forget .He took a look at my file and said;
" Madam, you cant conceive even through IVF"

I was devastated beyond words , taking a look at my face the junior gynae took me to his colleague who then said the best approach is to get pregnant and not searching for monthly period . I started crying , no husband no boyfriend how on earth will I achieve this ?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
BS BS BS ( Part 2)

I was placed on clomid and advised when to meet a man, I drove home like craze thinking who I can confide in for solution. I called my cousin in the USA who said I should go to club and look for a man , I screamed and laughed at the same time that I can't ,so I remembered a fellow course mate who have been asking me out. That night I chatted him up that I will be in his place in Delta state for some days ( I live in the south ) , I took some days off work and zoom to Delta. I did this for 3 cycles but only result was a chemical pregnancy and overbloated body , by this time I have resigned from my work because no employer will tolerate my frequent travelling ( thank God I have a side hustling and some investment)

On the 3rd occasion, my elder sister called and asked when will I get married and start bearing children, it was already past my 42nd birthday. I cried and called my cousin again who then suggested IVF. Hence the IVF journey began.

I did 2 cycles in a hospital in Lagos , there it was discovered I had blocked cervix . This was operated on before the transfer but both cycles failed . So I came to NL and discovered the IVF trend . Note that, the sperm of friend in Delta were not motile but he kept saying I took him to places where they lied to him so I decided to go for donor sperm .

Then I changed to another IVF clinic in Abuja, this I noticed were more patient and professional in their approach. They were not overwhelmed nor pricey like the one in Lagos . After the 3rd trial, I had twins gestation .I was elated .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Timitoyo:
Mamas pls help , I have not been lactating since . What can I do pls ?

Massage the breast wt hot water then rub adin (coconut oil) on it. Milk will com

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=kunmisola post=123486878]If we have ten thousands tongues, it will not be enough to praise the Lord Almighty. We thank you for your grace and mercy, we appreciate your loving kindness over us all, we praise your name because you are God and you changeth not. Thank you for counting us worthy to be called mothers, thank you for blessing our wombs with wonderful children, thank you for our families and we bless you for all our beautiful children.

Yes o cappo. I'm still coming back. The journey just begins. Thank God for his mercy over us.

My prayers for us all is that we shall never bury our children, they shall be pillars of truth, favour and grace in our society, they shall always make us proud and they shall always be the coolness of our hearts and eyes in Jesus name.

1. Indian03............... May 27th..........XY....... Delivered May 21st.......B.A seen
2. kunmisola....... May 6th........ XY... Delivered April 5th...... B.A/B.S seen
3. Nellyquash....... May 8/10...... Delivered April 12th.…..B.A/B.S seen
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd............XX.. Delivered April 21st....B.A/B.S seen
5. Coloredsg.........May 16th....XY & XX.... Delivered April 19th......B.A/ B.S seen
6. fabulousfay............ May 6th..... Delivered May 2nd....B.A seen
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX... Delivered May 6th....B.A seen
8. Yumyogo........... May 24th..........XX..... Delivered May 29th.....B.A seen
9. kosi2018.......... May 31st.......XX......Delivered May 5th....B.A/B.S seen
10. Chylucia........... May 20th.... XX & XY.... Delivered May 11th......B.A seen
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY...... Delivered May 28th.....B.A seen
12. rosey11........... May 28th.........XX...... Delivered May 28th......B.A seen
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XX..... Delivered April 27th....B.A seen
14. Timitoyo ............May 30th..........XX,....... Delivered May 30th....B.A seen
15. iamfertile ...........May 2nd......... Delivered April 13th B.A /B.S seen
16. segxi1960 ....................May 9th........ Delivered May 4th B.A/B.S seen
17. Temtemmie...........May 16th...........XY.........Delivered May 16th.....B.A/ B.S seen
18. Eniwunmi............…......May 6th........... Delivered May 4th B.A/B.S seen
19. Goldenheart002........May 19th......... Delivered May 11th....B.A/B.S seen
20. Jennifer89...........Delivered May 29th......B.A seen

We came, we saw and we conquered and surely there was no loss amidst us.

Yes o, thanks our able cappo. I'm coming back. The journey just begins. Thank God for His mercy over us.
To the June - December mamas safe delivery injn

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

At Week 10, scan showed one of the twins has stopped growing at Week 7. Since then my heart always pound anytime I go for scan. As a result of this , I kept the pregnancy news to myself. None of my family members knew including my mum who stayed with me I only told them after I was admitted for 9 days to monitor my blood sugar so there was no way I couldn't tell them why I was in the hospital because they were scared . 10 days after I told my mum, she passed on.

The pregnancy was pretty easy, no nausea, no vomiting, no food nor smell adversion . The only thing was the bitter taste on my mouth .

From day 1, my consultant has stated I will deliver via CS due to age, so on Week 37 and 6 days I headed to the hospital but the teaching hospital was on strike so had to use a private hospital. The CS was pretty fast, within 5 mins I heard the cry of my baby , only the stitching took time .I was 45yrs, 3 month and 14 days old.

I was discharged 2 days later immediately it was certified my daughter didn't have jaundice.

Yesterday was her naming ceremony, indeed it was worth it and God is God .

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyajelili(f): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

At Week 10, scan showed one of the twins has stopped growing at Week 7. Since then my heart always pound anytime I go for scan. As a result of this , I kept the pregnancy news to myself. None of my family members knew including my mum who stayed with me I only told them after I was admitted for 9 days to monitor my blood sugar so there was no way I couldn't tell them why I was in the hospital because they were scared . 10 days after I told my mum, she passed on.

The pregnancy was pretty easy, no nausea, no vomiting, no food nor smell adversion . The only thing was the bitter taste on my mouth .

From day 1, my consultant has stated I will deliver via CS due to age, so on Week 37 and 6 days I headed to the hospital but the teaching hospital was on strike so had to use a private hospital. The CS was pretty fast, within 5 mins I heard the cry of my baby , only the stitching took time .I was 45yrs, 3 month and 14 days old.

I was discharged 2 days later immediately it was certified my daughter didn't have jaundice.

She's so adorable. Congratulations ma

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

Congratulations! May she live a very purposeful life.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
thejourney200:

Congratulations! May she live a very purposeful life.

Amen !!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
Iyajelili:

She's so adorable. Congratulations ma

Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
iamfertile:

Massage the breast wt hot water then rub adin (coconut oil) on it. Milk will com

Have started the massage, I think it worked.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

See me smiling back at this cute princess.
You took a big decision and you will live to enjoy the best of it. Congratulations once more.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
samieea28:
we are doing well. Thanks Cappo
Weldon teamie
E-hug
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
sunbestie:

See me smiling back at this cute princess.
You took a big decision and you will live to enjoy the best of it. Congratulations once more.

Thanks Mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

Congratulations. This is inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ananne: 4:55am On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

Congratulations for God has remembered you.

All your efforts will not be in vain. May your child grow in good health and happiness.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 6:55am On Jun 08, 2023
ananne:

Congratulations for God has remembered you.

All your efforts will not be in vain. May your child grow in good health and happiness.

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

It can only be God... Congratulations to u may she be everything u prayed for...In btw this baby is cute

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ekabobo: 7:57am On Jun 08, 2023
Oyibo butter baby!... Man! timitoyo ur baby is gorgeous for days....congrats mammy.... Tank God it ended in praise... Ur Bs has really rekindled the hopes of ttc for me... E go happen wen e go happen!... Let me check out the baby pics again... lol.... Congrats ma'am...

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olorilolo(f): 8:47am On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

She's sooo beautiful. May she be the coolness of your eyes and bring you joy all the days of your life.

Congratulations Mama

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emeraldz(f): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2023
Congratulations. She's adorable. This is a wonderful testimony.

Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 10:38am On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

A great testimony! May she always be source of happiness to you and your household

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crownandhoney: 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

She is super gorgeous, congratulations mama, you are blessed, Enjoy your bundle of joy, you deserve all the happiness.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crownandhoney: 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:

I was on cyclogest insert till week 20 and baby aspirin till week 18 .

Ok sis , waoh, that’s a long time, How many cyclogest were you inserting per day.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
crownandhoney:

Ok sis , waoh, that’s a long time, How many cyclogest were you inserting per day.

One at night .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:20am On Jun 09, 2023
MY BIRTH STORY

I honestly do not know where to start but I hope I'll be able to make some sense at the end of this story tho.

I figured out I was pregnant in October when we travelled for a function in Lagos. And as a result of the challenges my husband and I were facing we agreed we wouldn't keep it. We had concluded we weren't ready for a second child and so.. I visited our doctor there for an abortion. It was successful (IMO) and when we returned to Abuja we carried on with our lives.

Fast forward to November, I didn't see my monthly visitor (he wasnt even in town so i wasn't sexually active) I went for a scan and I was Pregnant!!!! Okay... I accepted it in good fate.

Then in December my husband and I were having a discussion, he mentioned some of the issues he was currently facing with his car and inability to sell our house in Kuje. He needed money to fix the car so he could work and be able to cater for me and the kids. He wanted me to borrow some money from fairmoney for him and he'd pay back in February when the house is sold. I had concerns, first the money was a lot and the interest rate was high but he wasn't bothered. I proceeded and then wired it to his account.

December 26th, I found out my husband was preparing to go settle down with someone else, A girl he had denied knowing. I was devastated. This was where my depression set in. I was suicidal from the 3rd month of this pregnancy till the 6th month. I somehow got a Job when I was 5 months gone but stopped 2 months later.

I wasn't feeding well, I couldn't concentrate, taking my routine tabs was an issue, Living was hard and all I wanted was Death. I would question God, why me? I would starve the whole day, I fed once a day Sometimes.. Nothing seemed interesting but my son.. He was always looking out for Mummy.

Third trimester, I was getting used to being strong. Everything else was going well till we arrived the month of May. I wanted to give birth at 37 weeks for some reasons. That week came, passed, nothing! So did 38 week to 40 weeks. I was becoming depressed all over again. How do I tell this baby that I had a ton of bills and responsibilities on my shoulders, remaining in my stomach wasn't helping at all.

I resolved to seeking measures to induce labour. I did the little I could,yet nothing happened. Sunday morning, I woke up crying. I was tired, and fed up. My mums caretaker had called to say he was out of Patience and won't be giving any more grace and my mum was already tired of having me and my son. I knew what she was going through and didn't want to keep staying at home and so I went to church with my son. I got back feeling better, 12pm contractions started. And because I was used to them I didn't take it seriously but it persisted till 3pm so I went to the hospital and pleaded with them to check me. They did, and I was 4cm dilated!

I was super excited! Little did I know it was going to be a longgggggggg ride.. I was alone, and in pains 🥺 till 7pm when my sister came then mum came later. Indeed not all pregnancies are same. Long story cut short, I gave birth around 3am after a long fight. It wasn't easy but we give Glory to God.

I've burnt my boots tho.. Safe delivery to every preggy mama! God will see y'all through

So sorry for what you had to go through 😔😔

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 5:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Timitoyo:
BS BS BS ( Part 3)

Oh God. Tears coming out from my eyes😔😔😔. Im so happy all ended in praise for you. You went through a lot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6890) (6891) (6892) (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.