Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142345 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sennykenny(f): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2013
Happy sunday to all d preggy mum in the house.
@Swit Ayi,dis are d comprehensive list u will need 4 u and ur baby

For baby

1. Baby Diapers and Wipes
2. Baby powder,oil,shampoo,soap or bath wash(tear free one)
3. Cotton buds
4. Cotton wool
5. Menthylated spirit(to clean navel)
6. Baby manicure set
7. Baby thermometer
8. Baby bath set (tub,bucket etc)
9. Nappy rash cream (in case)
10. Petroleum jelly (use at every diaper change to avoid rash)
11. Towels(preferrably hooded towels dat cover their head as well)
12. Disinfectant
13. Clothes
14. Sleep suits
15. Body suits
16. Socks
17. Booties
18. Bibs
19. Shawl
20. Receiving blankets
21. Cot or mosquito net(they r like. baskets with a net.)
22. Baby caps(not too thick tho)
23. Nursery
24. Baby cot/mattress
25. Changing mat
26. Chest of drawers
27. Bedsheets
28. Feeding bottle
29. Bottle warmer
30. Bottle n Teat brush
31. Sterilizing equipment
32. Milton tablets or liquid(for sterilizing)
33. Weaning cups/bowls and spoon

For outting

1. Diaper bag
2. Car seat
3. Stroller
4. Nursing cover(to bosom feed discreetly in public)

Playtime

1. Rattle toys
2. Soft cuddling toys
Baby bouncer /Baby walker

For Mother

1. Toiletries
2. Bath towel
3. Hand towel
4. Pyjamas or nightdress
5. Slippers/footwear
6. old underwear/disposable pants
7. Maternity pads (comfit or ladysept)
8. cloths for u to go home in
9. juice/snacks for ur energy and for ur jMnpartner to keep you guys going esp if u have a long labour.
10. camera
11. Two to three rapper
12. Music (if you want)
13. Nursing bras

Mothers pls conttribute.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
@tjskii, after three kids,i think I really should be done. The risks with these contraceptives troubles the mind,everyone has it down sound.

@sunnykenny,My lo is kicking hard,thx dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
Happy Sunday everyone
welcome[s][/s]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opeoluwa2(f): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hello mothers and fathers in the house.
Happy sunday to you all.
How are our lo's kicking? Blessings to them all.

For those who are intrested in baby clothes.I ve the following items and they are quality uk items for babies.
1)bodysuit,
2) sleepsuit,
3)towels,
4)outing clothes
I'm available around Abuleegba,Ifako general Hospital and envions.
.Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SwitAyi(f): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
@Senny Kenny, tanx a lot. U re a darling,but d items plenty o cheesy..lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sennykenny(f): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
@Swit Ayi, no be small thing oo, but u can by it little by little so dat it won't affect u much. Scale of preference is needed here. Ve a nice shopping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SwitAyi(f): 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
sennykenny: @Swit Ayi, no be small thing oo, but u can by it little by little so dat it won't affect u much. Scale of preference is needed here. Ve a nice shopping.
Yea..u re right,tanx a lot. Shopping mode activated,lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bsoda: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hello beautiful mummies! Pls o, I want to ask... What is u guys' take on inducing labour? Is it really necessary? As in r the risks more than the benefits?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sennykenny. Lol at taking music to the hospital. When pain will not let you see road you will be listening to music....lmao.

Bsoda. U have been on my mind o. Safe delivery dearie.

Byvan. Hope u have packed ur bag too?

Nice, favored gal, beauty, esmeralda, chiccolo, and all mamas having morning sickness. Hope u r all cool.

Honey86. Hope ur jeans no longer button?

Hummingbird, tjskii. Let us know the best contraceptive when you choose o.

Every other mama stay blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opeolukoya: 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
hello house been a while had to take a short break cause of my baby now back @hummingbird how are ur twins boys no be small mata o bt d lord is our muscle@ seunkenny congrats oo me sef want jeep ooo and also want to ask when can a woman start havin sex after delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2013
@rukemi, am there o, battling with that pain on my left side. but will see doc tomorrow. it was serious overnight as i couldn't stand from the bed without DH's support. the good side of it is have started feeling the movement of my lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2013
@bsoda, inducement for my first birth was a "piece of cake" . Infact, if i have my way again, i may just induce for the 2nd birth.

Though, my EDD den was on d 22nd, bt, cldnt stand d waiting anymore, so, i went for inducement on the 23rd and had my baby the afternoon of 24th. The major pain, as i remember started between 11:30 or so... had my baby around da kin 1pm... the birth was even faster.

@beauty, am still thinking how different 2 pregnancies can be... am presently having knee pains...on my right, after dealing with same on my left...and i didnt have it dis bad for my 1st. My back is equally as bad... as am constantly having to massage it...

I intend to start antenatal this week sha... so, am compiling my list of complains... just hope i wont be given the regular folic acid and calicum for them.

@opeplukoya: you resume sex when u are ready...da could be a month after delivery, or 3months, depending on weather you had a natural birth or CS.

cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sennykenny(f): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2013
@Swit Ayi, u r welcome, take it easy while shopping ooo dnt stress my baby.

@Rukemi291, u might not make use of it during labour but after delivery is actually ideal if u r yet to be dischaged. Who go dey listen to music when lo own self dey make u dance without music Lmao
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2013
@rukemi,no wahala will let u kno grin

@bsoda,why wud u want to induce labor,its somthing that shud be done only on docs advise,its a painful process,cos hormones that normally wud be present to mke d pain bearable,wen ure avin a normal labour aren't present,and in naija,95% of hospitals stil don't give epidural(pain relievers),but to me,its stil better than cs,cos d recovery time is faster

@beauty pele dear,d lord is ur strength,had d same pain with my 1st baby,mine was so bad that I wudnt be able move,I'd just be hunched over for days,I'd go to d clinic and get given injections to alleviate d pain,I was admitted on 2seperate occasions,but after a whil it wud com bak,d doctors told me ther was nothin they cud do,cos it seemed d babyz positionin was d one causin d pain and dt I shud talk to d baby to move,and dt babyz hear wen u speak(yea rite,I stil dnt blv that hippie stuff),anyway I found a solution that worked for me:
Apparently I had fibroid,and smtmes wen d baby moves in a certain direction,it wud mke d pain worse,so a nurse told me that once I feel d baby goin in dt direction,I shud start hitting my belly to discourage d baby goin there,and I must tell u,d thing worked lik a charm grin,and again don't sit in cramped spaces,lik wen u sit at ur table at work,mke sure to stretch ur legs under it,hope this mthds work for u lik they did for me,cos I kno ow excruciating that pain can be

@ope u can resume sex as soon as u feel strong enuf,though its usually better u wait till the discharge stops,if u had an episiotomy or cs,u cud wait at least 6wks,so dt ul be sure d areas are healed,and for those who had an episiotomy,therz always d fear that the stiches cudd come undone hehehe,fear not that won't happen,just make sure u get lubrication( vaseline etc,cos ul be dry down ther for a while)and for d those wth d cs,I thnk its better u try ppositions werr hubby won't be ontop,to giv ur inner stiches plenty time to heal wtht weight being put on it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SwitAyi(f): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2013
sennykenny: @Swit Ayi, u r welcome, take it easy while shopping ooo dnt stress my baby.

@Rukemi291, u might not make use of it during labour but after delivery is actually ideal if u r yet to be dischaged. Who go dey listen to music when lo own self dey make u dance without music Lmao
cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opeolukoya: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2013
My people in d house make I no lie I had sex 2 weeks 4days after delivery it was sweet nd bitter ooo I had a natural birth but now going to the hospital family plannin tinzzzzz
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hello all, do they screen for gestational diabetes in Nigeria?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
honey86: Hello all, do they screen for gestational diabetes in Nigeria?.
yeah they do, at my hospital, they check urine for protein and glucose at every visit, I think most hospitals do that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sorry beauty. God is your strength.

Tjskii. Thank you so much for the very comprehensive explanation. I'm sure beauty Will be relaxed now.
I think you are right with baby not comprehending with whatever one says. Baby doesn't even move when i have a very loud sneeze not to talk of my tiny voice. I think the touch is better.

When i feel baby's weight on my pelvis, i simply use my palm to push and baby responds. Or when i want Hubby to feel baby's kicks, i shake my belly with my palm (though husband shouts 'stop disturbing my baby').

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Rukemi
loll...same with my hubby, l was gently o pressing my tommy to feel baby movement, hubby shouted..stop it,do you want to suffocate the baby? since then l dont do any stuff with my tommy when he is around.

@all,
yesteday, l had serious leg and body pain... , just on the left side... thank God after afternoon sleep all the pain went, till now nothing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Rukemi, i dey o! lucky me no MS..just lots of napping! on the music thing, maybe she is not giving birth in Nigeria, my friend was watching dvd while in labor

@Opeolukoya, 3.4 weeks after delivery, you are a strong woman o! my friend is still running from her DH and she put to bed in June

@Udoka / Rukemi, when i put my laptop on my tummy as i usually do when i am lying down and browsing, DH will say pls remove the laptop from my baby's head and i'm like which baby? that is still the size of a peanut, but i now put a pillow on my tummy and put the laptop ontop the pillow
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
honey86: Hello all, do they screen for gestational diabetes in Nigeria?.

Yes,they do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
Byvan sweety,u never drop ni cheesy,do quick o,I dey reserve space for u in d association of yummy mummyz dt haf born grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
@tjskii, grin we are patiently tagging along,its not upto a month anymore. I still dey wait info on the contraceptiveooo!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Udoka2&favored gal. Lol. Men and kids are always fun to watch. I also dont disturb baby again when he is around o.

Favored gal. Abeg. I think computer has rays. Pls dont put it too close to your belly o. You are so lucky not to have the MS. Continue enjoying jare.

Sorry for the pain Udoka2. By the Grace of God, we shall enjoy motherhood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
favored gal: @Udoka / Rukemi, when i put my laptop on my tummy as i usually do when i am lying down and browsing, DH will say pls remove the laptop from my baby's head and i'm like which baby? that is still the size of a peanut, but i now put a pillow on my tummy and put the laptop ontop the pillow
if your laptop gets hot during operation then it's not a good idea placing it on it on your your stomach. Raised temperatures are not good for the foetus, which is why pregnant mothers are adviced to avoid saunas and hot baths, instead warm baths are recomended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
Rukemi
Thank u my sis. I will enter 3 trimester by weekend i.e 28weeks,i guess my body is getting prepared for it, am trusting God that this last trimester shall be better than the previous. God will make it easy for us all and give us our JOYs at d end.

@double blessing
How are you doing now dear?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
@bvyan,party rice dey hungry me ooo cheesy cheesy,I consume like..dos boys r suckin me dry grin,the more dey suck,d more I eat,and d more I loose weight sad........about the contraceptives,I think am going with the natural method(calendar,mucus and withdrawal)@ least one should work...looking @ d pro's and con's of FP,fear catch me,I no get the liver and hubby tod me if I do anytin behind I'm n it backfires,am on my own(he means it) embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Aw..udoka..third trimester already? We bless God o

@ hummingbird feeding two boys i can imagine....no need for gym
...meanwhile that withdrawal method may not work if you are super fertile o!
@bludeville & rukemi...noted...thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hummingbird: @bvyan,party rice dey hungry me ooo cheesy cheesy,I consume like..dos boys r suckin me dry grin,the more dey suck,d more I eat,and d more I loose weight sad........about the contraceptives,I think am going with the natural method(calendar,mucus and withdrawal)@ least one should work...looking @ d pro's and con's of FP,fear catch me,I no get the liver and hubby tod me if I do anytin behind I'm n it backfires,am on my own(he means it) embarassed

My dear with all the calculations associated with calender,mucus,and coit*s interruptus,the thing no go dey like Jamb? grin.It won't be spontaneous anymore but me I dey fear the side effects of all these advanced contraceptiveooo lipsrsealed.

Abeg I ll love to be eating and loosing weight too,thats the best!!!dieting sucks!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 10, 2013
udoka2: Rukemi
Thank u my sis. I will enter 3 trimester by weekend i.e 28weeks,i guess my body is getting prepared for it, am trusting God that this last trimester shall be better than the previous. God will make it easy for us all and give us our JOYs at d end.

Ameeeen. You are almost two weeks ahead of me. God will see us through and make delivery very easy for us. I just can't wait to be called 'Mummy'.

hummingbird. What if husband wants it when your calendar says you shouldn't? Abeg, no starve and send husband out o. Men are sex machines (apologies to the men). Though i wouldn't also want any 'inserting' or 'implanting' contraceptive.
I think there is an injection to be taken weekly, monthly or so... I 'may' prefer that when the time comes. But for now, it's operation shoot and win matches for husband and I o... grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by edyphems: 3:37am On Sep 10, 2013
I'm in my 3rd trimester wit my second child. My first was smooth sailing all the way, though I experienced all the first trimester syptoms. I had a normal delivery.
I can't wait for my bundle of joy to arrive, I av been having very painful leg cramps at night, fatigue, sleepless nites and Waist pain.
Wishing us all safe delivery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.