Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141666 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
marygold. It's suprising that you dont feel kicks o. The kicks aren't over exaggerated at all ooooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Rukemi, its funny but my friends thinks is entertaining.I made a video of it but having difficulty uploading it, it even jumps for the doctor to see each time they place that cold instrument on my tummy during check ups.My first son was actually explaining how the baby jumps to his bro during antenatal classes,omo you wan try laughter for class. You need to see his demostration,he humped his shoulders and bounces up his head like one heading a ball grin.The kids believe the baby goes to market sef,they see it somersault, so it must be going somewhere grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
My kids use to take off initially once they see that weird movement beneath my clothes but they ve now come to terms with their new play buddy,i entertain them with it grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
grin grin grin Oh my God! That's so sweet and funny. You know the funniest thing is baby may end up being the most gentle of all the kids.

*still laughing at your older kids taking off cos of weird movement*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
byvan: My kids use to take off initially once they see that weird movement beneath my clothes but they ve now come to terms with their new play buddy,i entertain them with it grin
LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
byvan: My kids use to take off initially once they see that weird movement beneath my clothes but they ve now come to terms with their new play buddy,i entertain them with it grin
cheesy grin I cnt laff oooo,pls upload let's see...as someone said earlier maybe u watch WWE..u nid to stop doing dat..I know the older ones wit be so eager to meet dis lovely LO... cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pregnancy is one the most amazing wonders of creation really grin,ve been struggling to upload this videoooo!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2013
Gd moni everyone, quite some time been busy at d office and mehn d way I get tired this days especially at nites I sleep as early as 7:30 till about 7am since I resume by 9am usually I feel very light in d morning dt I will touch my tummy dt I'm still preg.
U r welcome honey but hw come ur clothes still fits u infact na wonderment that one be for me.
I don't know when baby hiccups o but d kicks can be painful at times n visible to my hubby thru my clothes.
I printed d baby items posted by sennykenny thank u will soon go to mrkt
@byvan that's so funny
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 14, 2013
@esmeralda, na so I see am o. The only thing putting me at ease is that the bobo na Jackie Chan and again when he stretches I see the length and know he is growing. Will book for antenatal next week. Can I go for ultrasound scam in a diagnostic center without doctor's recommendation?.
I spoke to my sis and she said hers was also small but started growing bigger at 7 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2013
@honey yeah its possible to go for one witout doctors recommendatn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2013
Maybe honey86 Is a bit on the big side or wears loose clothes naturally that's why clothes still fit.
Its the day I sorted out my un-wearable clothes into a box that i knew i'm almost going clothless and need maternity clothes.

@all. Anyone with 'pregnancy brain'? That thing is real. I forget so easily. Infact i'm thinking of writing my name and adress on a piece of paper and put in my purse incase..... grin grin

@byvan i have watched what that movement looks like on youtube. Its really looks scary. I see why your kids pick race. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2013
@esmeralda thanks
@rukemi, my clothes are tight fitting o. I wear sizes 12 but sometimes have to wear size 14 because of my bust. Even my mum commented that my tummy is small. infact no one is calling me iya ibeji yet. My tummy just looks like I've eaten too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
honey86: @esmeralda, na so I see am o. The only thing putting me at ease is that the bobo na Jackie Chan and again when he stretches I see the length and know he is growing. Will book for antenatal next week. Can I go for ultrasound scam in a diagnostic center without doctor's recommendation?.
I spoke to my sis and she said hers was also small but started growing bigger at 7 months.
mine 2 was lyk dat, mst pple ddnt knw I was pregnant if not for d spittin cos my belly was barely obvious but by 24wks d growth was so rapid, if u see my tummy now u will tink I'm carrying triplets self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
honey86: @esmeralda thanks
@rukemi, my clothes are tight fitting o. I wear sizes 12 but sometimes have to wear size 14 because of my bust. Even my mum commented that my tummy is small. infact no one is calling me iya ibeji yet. My tummy just looks like I've eaten too much.

Don't be worried about it o. May be Baby is on the conservative side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 16, 2013
I have a testimony o. One of my skirts finally refused to button. I give baba praise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2013
yhello Preggiemoms...

I eventually went for my 1st appointment over the weekend.

I was so glad to meet with d gygn. that consulted with my first child/birth.

Despite all my complains of back, leg...even butt aches, plus plenty continuous headaches, d guy told me ma vitals were very alrite... da i just needed to relax a little more.

Was sent to do a scan, and its so amazing what it showed... despite the way i was feeling crampy and all, the baby was really busy, jumping up, kicking freely and was so oblivious of the world outside of her... i was amazed, i just stared that the screen... its was really some pretty experience... i was able to get a couple of cute pictures i hope to use to make her baby photo book someday.

My boy couldn't help but say "mama my sister" like he already knows d sex... while mama doesn't.

But in all, i just really give thanks to God for the miracle of Life and procreation. It takes more than the scan to humble a person...even when am so not showing at 13weeks...am just really happy to know there's a little dancing princess right in there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
bsoda, congrats dear how is ur baby doing?

hello pregymoms. my second appointment is this wednesday and i want to plead with the doctor to stop prescribing drugs biko. the one he gave me last 2 weeks was making me feel neausous and i stopped taking it for..den it started, extreme fatigue and oint pains. i was so scared. i was advised .tto continue with the pregnacare and i did but the problem is that i always lose strength wen i don't take it on time.

i don't have any food craving and ve lil food appetite plus i have to force myself to water. my only problem now is sleep. all the sleep wey i no sleep for first trimester na now dem don come back for revenge. i could sleep all day and i hate it coz too much sleep makes me add weight.

so my questions are:

1: can i take only pregnacare and calcium through out my pregnancy? the tot of taking all those horrible smelling ante natel drugs makes me want to puke.

2: whta scans and tests should the hospital carry out? first time, it was just scan, no blood or urine test. should i be worried?

3: what could be the cause of the joint pains, fatigue, excess sleep, and no interest in drinking water?

abeg sabi sabi mamas make una help me o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
smokey drinky: bsoda, congrats dear how is ur baby doing?

hello pregymoms. my second appointment is this wednesday and i want to plead with the doctor to stop prescribing drugs biko. the one he gave me last 2 weeks was making me feel neausous and i stopped taking it for..den it started, extreme fatigue and oint pains. i was so scared. i was advised .tto continue with the pregnacare and i did but the problem is that i always lose strength wen i don't take it on time.

i don't have any food craving and ve lil food appetite plus i have to force myself to water. my only problem now is sleep. all the sleep wey i no sleep for first trimester na now dem don come back for revenge. i could sleep all day and i hate it coz too much sleep makes me add weight.

so my questions are:

1: can i take only pregnacare and calcium through out my pregnancy? the tot of taking all those horrible smelling ante natel drugs makes me want to puke.

2: whta scans and tests should the hospital carry out? first time, it was just scan, no blood or urine test. should i be worried?

3: what could be the cause of the joint pains, fatigue, excess sleep, and no interest in drinking water?

1. Before i answer, i need to know what other drugs you are taking apart from the pregnacare and calcium.
2. Yes you should be worried, they should have taken ur blood and carried out a wide range of tests from vdrl,to HIV, to hepatitis and even group and cross match in case of emergencies,and for record purposes and your urine should have been checked too. I get to check my pcv at every visit and my urine is also checked for glucose and proteins ( to rule out diabetes ,and pre eclampsia) , i even had to do a hvs to rule out infection because i had some discharge.
3. The cause is "PREGNANCY" but please keep up your water intake, very importany, even if it means setting an alarm on ur phone to remind you to drink water every two hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
smokey drinky: bsoda, congrats dear how is ur baby doing?

so my questions are:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bludeville:
1. Before i answer, i need to know what other drugs you are taking apart from the pregnacare and calcium.
2.Yes you should be worried, they should have taken ur blood and carried out a wide range of tests from vdrl,to HIV, to hepatitis and even group and, cross match in case of emergencies,and for record purposes and your urine should have been checked too. I get to check my pcv at every visit and my urine is also checked for glucose and proteins ( to rule out diabetes ,and pre eclampsia) , i even had to do a hvs to rule out infection because i had some discharge.
3. The cause is "PREGNANCY" but please keep up your water intake, very importany, even if it means setting an alarm on ur phone to remind you to drink water every two hours.

i take ventolin, prednisalone and franol. the meds the hospital gave me? little pills, don't know the names but i know b complex is one of them. the pregnacare i take contains omega 3 too

my next appt is on wednesday. if they still don't carry out necessary test then i guess i ll have to change hospital. i was thinking that maybe i started too soon ( was just 12 weeks den) and thats why dey didn't do any test. i did hvs and dey wrote moderate candidasis? dr didn't make any reference to it so.....

what quantity of water am i expected to take daily? sometimes i drink as little as one or two cups of water or none atall. but i take soft drinks or fresh juice

thanks for ur help
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
Smokey drinkey sniffy. pregnacare with omega 3 made me sick in my time o. You are lucky you can take fruit juice. Maybe you should keep it up, since you can't take water as such.
what week are you now? I think i started all the tests when i was 16weeks. Have you had your TT shot too? Talk to your doctors abeg.

@Tobiegal. It's so sweet. Hasn't your boy got a name for his 'sister' yet? Lol.

@Honey86. Somebody shout 'halleluiya'. Adupe oooo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Smokey. I just read through your post again. Why are you given ventolin and prednisolone? No wonder you sleep a lot. Was your nausea severe? I wonder o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
@Smokey, according to my hospital: these are the tests and scan

first visit: Full history, physical examination

Blood sample for: Haemoglobin, Blood group, Genotype, Hepatitis B surface Antigen, HIV, VDRL, Blood sugar, Rubella Status

Btw 11 wks & 13 wks Nuchal Translucency Scan

Btw 20& 24 weeks Fetal Anormaly Scan

@28 weeks Glucose Tolerance Test
Bw 30 & 32 weeks Haemoglobin Levels
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Rukemi291: Smokey. I just read through your post again. Why are you given ventolin and prednisolone? No wonder you sleep a lot. Was your nausea severe? I wonder o.

not coz of the pregnancy. im asthmatic and pregnancy is triggering the attacks so i ve to take my medications regularly.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
favored gal: @Smokey, according to my hospital: these are the tests and scan

first visit: Full history, physical examination

Blood sample for: Haemoglobin, Blood group, Genotype, Hepatitis B surface Antigen, HIV, VDRL, Blood sugar, Rubella Status

Btw 11 wks & 13 wks Nuchal Translucency Scan

Btw 20& 24 weeks Fetal Anormaly Scan

@28 weeks Glucose Tolerance Test
Bw 30 & 32 weeks Haemoglobin Levels

tnx alot favored girl. i ll be sure to ask the dr why the necessary tests weren't conducted.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
smokey drinky:

i take ventolin, prednisalone and franol. the meds the hospital gave me? little pills, don't know the names but i know b complex is one of them. the pregnacare i take contains omega 3 too

my next appt is on wednesday. if they still don't carry out necessary test then i guess i ll have to change hospital. i was thinking that maybe i started too soon ( was just 12 weeks den) and thats why dey didn't do any test. i did hvs and dey wrote moderate candidasis? dr didn't make any reference to it so.....

what quantity of water am i expected to take daily? sometimes i drink as little as one or two cups of water or none atall. but i take soft drinks or fresh juice

thanks for ur help
Franol, prednisolone and ventolin... are you asthmatic, how severe is your asthma? ventolin and pred are both risk-benefit drugs but usually franol should not be taken in pregnancy. Jeez now I understand your fatiguea combination of ventolin and franol would leave you with some tremors, weakness in the extremeties, palpitations. The little pills are probably folic acid, b-complex, calcium lactate, vitamin C, did they include ferrous sulphate ( red tablet, and multivitamin ( small black tablet)?
The truth is pregnacare has been formulated specially for pregnant women and contains the all the multivitamin supplement a pregnant woman who eats healthy would need, but I noticed most Nigerian doctors don't fully trust them or feel we need more hence they prescribe the extra. You can talk to your doctor, about not taking the other drugs.
Try to drink up to 10 glasses of water a day, minimum of 8, try to drink most Of it in the morning and during the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Rukemi291: Smokey drinskey sniffy. pregnacare with omega 3 made me sick in my time o. You are lucky you can take fruit juice. Maybe you should keep it up, since you can't take water as such.
what week are you now? I think i started all the tests when i was 16weeks. Have you had your TT shot too? Talk to your doctors abeg.

@Tobiegal. It's so sweet. Hasn't your boy got a name for his 'sister' yet? Lol.

@Honey86. Somebody shout 'halleluiya'. Adupe oooo.
lol @ sniffy... u funny grin grin grin

im in week 14 now. no i ve nt had any shot. i sure ll talk to him.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Also talk to your doctor about using inhaled medication to control your asthma, they are more expensive but less gets into the bloodstream making it slightly safer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bludeville:
Franol, prednisolone and ventolin.... are you asthmatic, how severe is. your asthma? ventolin and pred are both risk-benefit drugs but usually franol should not be taken in pregnancy. Jeez now I understand your fatiguea combination of ventolin and franol would leave you with some tremors, weakness in the extremeties, palpitations. The little pills are probably folic acid, b-complex, calcium lactate, vitamin C, did they include ferrous sulphate ( red tablet, and multivitamin ( small black tablet)?
The truth is pregnacare has been formulated specially for pregnant women and contains the all the multivitamin supplement a pregnant woman who eats healthy would need, but I noticed most Nigerian doctors don't fully trust them or feel we need more hence they prescribe the extra. You can talk to your doctor, about not taking the other drugs.
Try to drink up to 10 glasses of water a day, minimum of 8, try to drink most Of it in the morning and during the day.
yea i know about the franol ish, i had a somewhat severe attack last week and i decided to take franol for the time bein until im fully ok.

usually i dont remember dat im asthmatic but this period? lets just say i take my medications daily and use d inhaler too or else..... and even with all that, i still get attacks.

funny thing is, i don't know if its the rains, i can't remember if i had it last yr rainy season
der r red capsules but no black one and der r blue and golden tiny pills.... they make me sick

i try to take amynophiline but i don't see d capsules and i don't trust the ones in bottles.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bludeville: Also talk to your doctor about using inhaled medication to control your asthma, they are more expensive but less gets into the bloodstream making it slightly safer.
do you mean nebulizer ? dunno if i got it ryt.... im thinking of buying it for home use
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
smokey drinky:
do you mean nebulizer ? dunno if i got it ryt.... im thinking of buying it for home use
Actually I was thinking of seretide inhaler instead of taking prednisolone and ventolin tablets. while u have a ventolin inhaler handy in case of any acute attacks. Since you are in your second trimester, I guess the benefits of controlling ur asthma far outweigh any potential risks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bludeville:
Actually I was thinking of seretide inhaler instead of taking prednisolone and ventolin tablets. while u have a ventolin inhaler handy in case of any acute attacks. Since you are in your second trimester, I guess the benefits of controlling ur asthma far outweigh any potential risks.

yea the dr mentioned it. was thinking its just lyk subutamol inhaler. ok i will try it. tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: memories1(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.