Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128052 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
@bsoda, congrats on the birth of ur lil prince! May all preggy mamas deliver with ease IJN.
Pls come and gist us how it went.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
dBard:

please, I dont subscribe t 'hitting' d baby. if u must, gentle sustained pressure at dat spot will do d trick.
@beauty..wat u possibly have is a fibroid degeneration, confirm wit a scan, and it Is wat it sounds like..d fibroid is degenerating hence d pain n all that. contact by d baby at dat spot too might worsen d pain. mild analgesics.. pcm do help as well as some other measures but u will ve t bear wit it till u deliver.
If it gets really bad u mite need b admitted f antibiotic n analgesics n bed rest n monitoring.
Do ur research pls..old wives tales abound
no offense t oda poster

My sis,I gave d advise I did cos it workd for me,I went thru dt awful pain and no amount of analgesics or bedrest did me any good,til God sent dt wonderful nurse my way who gave me d "old wives method",of course no reasonabl mom is going to start punching herself in d stomak,and in case there are any,ul see from my oda posts wher I specifically said gentle tapping is all u nid,just enuf to encourage ur baby change direction,we really shudnt knock these so called old wives tales,cos a closer look will show u that what these tales contain is just pure common sense smiley

@bsoda,big congrats ,on behalf of d yummy mummyz association,I wud lik to officialy welcome you to our club,marygold and byvan,we dey wait u o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
congrats Bsoda
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
@marygold,iv heard bout dt leaf,did a lot of research on it wen I was looking for natural ways to induce labor,wat I gleaned is dt u av to be careful using it,esp if ure almost due cos it cud mke the baby come,same with castor oil,bottomline I think its safer to use it when ure due. You also need to check with ur doctor that u don't av a condition lik placenta previa,narrow cervix(or anythn that wud nid u to av a cs)cos it cud be disastrous trying to force ur baby out d natural way if ur body isn't going to cooperate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
Bludeville: For family planning, I'm personally comfortable with the hormonal methods but for those who are not, there are other non- hormonal methods ( i.e non drug,pills or implants) . I found this site that contains info about those methods that do not involve hormones or drugs. Maybe you might find something you're more comfy with.
www.boulderwomenshealth.org/our-services/birth-control/nonhormonal-methods/

Thank u so much for this info,uv really helped me o,shared the link with mums on d newmum thread,hope u dnt mind wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
bsoda: Hello mummies! Sorry this is coming late but I had my bouncing baby bros on monday evening. That was my EDD & he came weighing 2.9kg. Praise the Lord with me o! More details coming soon!
big congrats to u..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
Isn't easy o, after any little chore its backache dat torments me,33weeks gone now undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sennykenny(f): 11:23am On Sep 12, 2013
@ queen_labisi, d back ache is my major problem now, even if I stand for some minute I will start felling it.

@bsoda, congratulations give him a kiss for me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
Congrats bsoda,God bless you and your LO.

@tjskii,we still dey pack our bags grin

@marygold, thx dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
sennykenny: @ queen_labisi, d back ache is my major problem now, even if I stand for some minute I will start felling it.
na wa o, so hw far gone are you? God will see us thru ijn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
queen labisi and sennykenny. Una sorry o. No pain no gain. My own is this terrible tiredness in the mornings. But by afternoon i feel normal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by momatush(f): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
;DHello preggies in the house,I'm new here hope I'm highly welcome. I'm also one of d oct mums actually this is my 2nd child n I'm 34wks already. I just want to wish all preggies a save delivery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 12:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Its been awhile and trust everyone is doing very well. May all the preggy mamas deliver safely in Jesus name, Insha Allah.

Madam tjskii, hummingbird, opeolukoya, aniksyhne and... how are the babies doing. Trust they are sucking well and daddy is not getting jealous now; I'm beginning to get jealous of my son- you need to see the way he grabs bossom and suck. He wouldn't sleep anywhere apart from her chest placing his head between and his two hands firmly on them as if someone is coming to take the thing away smiley smiley

Read about contraceptives here; all the options they gave my wife at the hospital (FMC, Abeokuta) has side effects and we'd concluded to stay away from these contraceptives but practice natural methods- we use raincoats on days that are not safe and free for all for safe periods. I also understand women who breastfeed exclusively are unlikely to get pregnant as their is an hormone that inhibits ovulation hence, there would be no menstrual cycle during this period. Wife is breastfeeding exclusively and has not seen her period and that gives us an edge to play correct matches with no middle referees grin grin grin.

Read about hitting the baby; I severally took up a fight with wife anytime she tried adjusting the baby with her hand, I even had a fight with our doctor at one of the ante natal visits the way he was 'pressing' the belly thinking it will harm my baby. I later understood it does no harm as long as it is done gently.

I understand Tjskii is the chairlady of the 'yummy mummys association'; make me the general secretary/financial secretary/ treasurer abeg; I can't wait to collect dues from sisters Rukemi291, byvan, queen labisi, favored gal, esmeralada, mummyf, beauty? ? ? and...

May the hand of God rest upon us and our household and grant us peace, sound health and good wealth to take care of our little ones.

Much love. Regards!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bsoda: 5:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks everyone 4 d well-wishes. May God & bless you all. I also wish all d beautiful preggy mamas a safe delivery.
Let me give u d gist. My pregnancy was kind of high risk cos I lost d previous 2. D first at abt a month & d 2nd at 5 months. But God is faithful. Was induced on 4th of November last yr because of d miscarriage, saw my period in December, then missed it in January smiley Took me just a month to get pregnant! Well I refused to take any hormone injections, etc to sustain d pregnancy. I just trusted in God & in His word. D pregnancy went ok till 33 wks when I started bleeding. Fear CATCH me ehn! Had to take 2 wks sick leave immediately cos I was placed on bed rest. My doc ws blaming me y I didn't take injections cos I changed hospitals & he wsnt d one I used d other time. Hmmm, he started saying things like d baby will probably not reach full-term, dat what we shld pray 4 is 4 d baby to stay till like 36 weeks whn it'll b better 4 him to survive outside d womb. That was a terrifying & trying period but I bless God for His mercies. I just kept rejecting all d dire predictions he was saying & kept praying to God. I wanted my baby to get to terrn,

Fast-forward to 39 weeks. God was extremely faithful. D bleeding stopped & didn't return. My baby was healthy. Now d doctor was talking abt inducing me if I didn't go in2 labor by 40 wks (dat was when I started asking u all abt inducing. Lol) I was scared cos I didn't want anythn artificial at allllllll & I learnt induced labor is more painful than natural (where I wan get power 4 dat one? Hehehe). Although I kept having Braxton Hicks contractions for abt a wk, there were no adequate signs of labour. Chei! Dis story long o! Lemme continue it differently. Lol

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 5:47am On Sep 13, 2013
U r welcome @momatush, Mcfemad,u can't and won't kill me, how can u fight a doc? And i like ur baby's sleeping position. He is saying, "dnt get close" in eddie murphy's voice. Hahaha. Thanx on d info about the hitting.
@bsoda, we dey hear o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2013
@mcfemad, amen and thank u.ur lo is claiming his right oh!lol.
@momatush, welcome and have a very safe delivery.
@bsoda,congrats again, pls continue d gist. If I may ask what injections were u taking and what caused the second miscarriage? Sorry for my plenty questions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sennykenny(f): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2013
@ queen labisi dnt mind me jare, am 22 wks gone. Hope d pain is subsiding?

@momatush u r highly welcome, glad to ve u here. May God see us tru without complications IJN. Happy belated birthdat n wedding anniversary to u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2013
Finally back in naija. I thank God for journey mercies.8 hours in the air and no swelling or anything. by the way, I can still fit into all my clothes so I'm booking for an ultrasound just to make sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by megajay1(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2013
agiboma: Hi All,

I am starting this thread so we can discuss pregnancy and all the joys, anticipation, expectation and all aspects of this beautiful time in a woman's life.
At times pregnancy can be very difficult and may even become life threatening, when conditions s
38.) Ibotus Oct. 2012
39.) Toyin Sept. 2012
40.) corral dec. 2012
Foods you can eat while pregnant to ensure safe and easy delivery.
THEY SHALL DELIVER THEIR BABIES LIKE THE HEBREW WOMEN!
http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/pregnancy-healthy-food-for-pregnant.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by safe06: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
hailings to all mamas here oooo,may God almighty grant u all the strength to go through the 9 months,and the grace to have a stress free pushing.
Can't wait to join this thread.hugs to all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
@all
I can say categorically that l feel my baby for real when the baby hiccups, without the hiccuping, what l feel is like just flutters. At 28weeks l should feel the painful kicks nau sad. Not that am looking for pain ooo, but.... grin. For about 2days ago the baby was not hipcuping l felt worried thinking of less movement, though they once in a while fluttering was there. This afternoon the baby started hipcuping again, and l must say l feel better with the hiccup. My next appt is next tuesday, l wish to know the position of the placenta it should be the reason for non-painful kick at this stage.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
@beauty, welcome back! U mean,u clothes still size u at 26wks shocked? Wow.
@safe, looking forward to u joining us soonest, so u can give us beta preggy jokes! lol
@udoka, mayb baby's back is facing outside dats y u can't feel it strongly, if u understand wat I mean.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by buklan4realyah(f): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hummingbird: congratulations dear,may God be with u and ur LO

@Hummingbird, congrats for twins delivery.... is ur hubby back cos i read sumtime ago dat u are aving issues
with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
udoka2: @all
I can say categorically that l feel my baby for real when the baby hiccups, without the hiccuping, what l feel is like just flutters. At 28weeks l should feel the painful kicks nau sad. Not that am looking for pain ooo, but.... grin. For about 2days ago the baby was not hipcuping l felt worried thinking of less movement, though they once in a while fluttering was there. This afternoon the baby started hipcuping again, and l must say l feel better with the hiccup. My next appt is next tuesday, l wish to know the position of the placenta it should be the reason for non-painful kick at this stage.

I also feel the hiccups but its not everyday. Though I always feel the movement and the kicks. I was once kicked in the cervix and it was so kinda painful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
mummyf: @beauty, welcome back! U mean,u clothes still size u at 26wks shocked? Wow.
20 wks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Good evening mummies...how are you all doing? @bukky smiley tnx so much,we are gud now...jst felt I should share what apnd to a neigbhour of mine yesterday here,we might learn one or two lessons..Around 10pm yesterday,I got a knock on my door,I was scared @ first cos hubby isn't arnd and I ddnt know who could be knocking @ dat time of d day,I opened sha and it turned out to be my pregnant neighbour,she asked me if my hubby was @ home and I said no,she said she wanted him to please go and drop him in the hospital cos she was feeling funny. Then I ask her what the problem was,her water was broken already and her husband wasn't in town,I sha ad to tell her am not familiar wit lagos road yet,luckily for me,my SIL was around,I had to drop my babies with her,it was a 20mintues drive to the hospital,lo and behold,she was already crowning when we got dia,the birthing was just too fast dat I was suprised..the main reason for me posting this here is to tell us that once you are approaching ur due date,always be @ alert,don't stay @ home alone if hubby isn't around,once u start feelin funny, and dnt feel shy to ask for help cos she could av givin birth alone if nt for quick intervention..go to the hospital..if u dnt av a car,make sure u av a friend/family who has and stays close..labour can be short sometimes..may God help us all

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ udoka,me I still feel that baby kicks is over exagerated ooo.or mayb we first timers don't know what they mean by kicks!I have made so much trouble with everybody around me including my hubby and my gynae that my baby is not kicking ooo.4 days ago I was sent to another scanning centre entirely to do a scan called biophysical profile scan and all seems well with my baby.so me I no dey bother again with kicks fah.I'm 35weeks now and I can feel my baby moving but me the baby no dey kick ne attall oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Hummingbird i pray for that kind of short labor o! God bless you for helping her

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
marygold: @ udoka,me I still feel that baby kicks is over exagerated ooo.or mayb we first timers don't know what they mean by kicks!I have made so much trouble with everybody around me including my hubby and my gynae that my baby is not kicking ooo.4 days ago I was sent to another scanning centre entirely to do a scan called biophysical profile scan and all seems well with my baby.so me I no dey bother again with kicks fah.I'm 35weeks now and I can feel my baby moving but me the baby no dey kick ne attall oo.

My dear is not exaggerated, my kids can see the baby thump up and down with my clothes on,mine is a very furious kick boxer. I think it depends on your cutie's personality . It kicks so hard that I feel like throwing up most times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Thx mcfemad,how our boy dey smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
@marygold
Thanks ur contribution is too helful to me. I think it has to do with position of d placenta or as MummyF said above.
Everybody is different as well as babies behave differently.

@byvan and mummyf thanks also.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Macfemad. Lol. Nice to read from u. Pls allow baby to enjoy his time ooooo.

Honey86. Welcome back and congrats on your additional degree. I pray you get a cool job that will appreciate it.

Udoka2. Lol. You are looking for a painful kick. I really cant distinguish between hiccups and the kicks. I just know baby kicks well.

Safe06. My prayer is for this thread to have new 'recruits' everyday. You will soon be here too.

Byvan. Do you watch a lot of wrestling/boxing? grin If yes, just remind baby that the WWE has warned babies not to try what they see them do in the ring in the womb. I can imagine seeing baby's kicks through clothes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.