Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament (8250 Views)

Poll: How do you suggest we do the bible studies?

Topical Studies: 69% (38 votes)
Chapter by Chapter Studies: 25% (14 votes)
Verse by Verse Studies: 5% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: How do you suggest we do the bible studies?

Topical Studies: 47% (17 votes)
Chapter by Chapter Studies: 25% (9 votes)
Verse by Verse Studies: 11% (4 votes)
Book by Book Studies: 16% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
Verse 13 – 17: Zerubbabel begot Abiud, Abiud begot Eliakim, and Eliakim begot Azor. Azor begot Zadok, Zadok begot Achim, and Achim begot Eliud. Eliud begot Eleazar, Eleazar begot Matthan, and Matthan begot Jacob. And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ. So all the generations from Abraham to David [are] fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon [are] fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ [are] fourteen generations.

Here the genealogy says that "Jacob begot Joseph," but Luke 3:23 says, "Joseph, the son of Heli." Luke's record was "according to law" (a literal translation of "so it was thought" in Luke 3:23), indicating that Joseph was not actually the son of Heli but was reckoned his son according to the law. Joseph was the son-in-law of Heli, Mary's father. This may be a case according to Num. 27:1-8 and 36:1-12, in which a regulation was made by God that if any parents had only daughters as heirs, the inheritance would go to the daughters, who would then have to marry a man of their own tribe in order to keep their inheritance within that tribe. Even such a regulation in the Old Testament is related to the genealogy of Christ, showing that all Scripture is a record of Christ.

At this point the record of this genealogy does not say, "Joseph begot Jesus," which is similar to what is said of all the foregoing persons; it says, "Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus." Jesus was born of Mary, and not of Joseph, since it was prophesied that Christ would be the seed of the woman and would be born of a virgin (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14). Christ could not have been born of Joseph because Joseph was a man and a descendant of Jeconiah, none of whose descendants could inherit the throne of David (Jer. 22:28-30). However, Mary was a virgin and a descendant of David (Luke 1:27, 31-32); as such, she was the right person of whom Christ should be born. The marriage of Joseph and Mary brought Joseph into relationship with Christ and united into one the two lines of Christ's genealogy for the bringing in of Christ, as shown in the chart on the following page.

When we combine the account in Matthew and Luke together, the chart shows that the generation of Jesus Christ begins from God and continues until it reaches Jesus. It proceeds from God to Adam, from Adam to Abraham, from Abraham through Isaac and Jacob, and on to David. After David it divides into two lines, the first running from Nathan to Mary and the second from Solomon to Joseph. Eventually, these two lines are brought together by the marriage of Mary and Joseph, to bring in Jesus Christ. In this way Christ was apparently a descendant of Jeconiah, who seemed to be in the line of the royal family; actually, He was not a descendant of Jeconiah, Joseph's forefather, but a descendant of David, Mary's forefather, so that He could qualify to inherit the throne of David.

This genealogy first mentions four women who were either remarried or sinful. In addition, here it mentions a chaste virgin. This indicates that all the persons named in this genealogy were born in sin, except Christ, who was born in holiness. Abraham, David, and Mary were the three persons crucial to the bringing in of Christ. Abraham (a type and of the age of the fathers/patriarch and of the called race) represents a life by faith; David (a type of man of the king’s age and chosen race and also a repented man), a life under the dealing of the cross; and Mary (a type of man of the ordinary race but pure and holy), a life of absolute surrender to the Lord. It was through these three kinds of lives and people that Christ was brought forth into humanity and manifestation. Also, Christ will be brought into manifestation to the world of ours today through the people of this kind of lives and generations to come. Christ is emphasized here to prove that Jesus is the very Messiah (Christ) prophesied in the Old Testament.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
I shall be back to complete Matthew chpater 1, verse 18-25 tomorrow. Thank you all.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Knight1(m): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
I believed the polls were to decide for us.
For me, Topical studies HERE will be different from the ones we have been having
[b]1. THIS ONE IS A BIBLE STUDY, MOST OF THE TOPICS BROUGHT ON NL AREN'T EVEN FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION; MANY TIMES IT'S TO DISAGREE AND DEBATE, HERE, WE ALL UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF THE DISCUSSION, THERE WILL BE LESS DISAGREEMENTS AND MORE CORRECT REFERENCING FROM VARIOUS PORTIONS OF SCRIPTURE.

2. WITH TOPICAL STUDIES HERE, THERE IS LESS CHANCE OF THREAD DERAILING BECAUSE ALL THAT WILL BE POSTED WILL REVOLVE AROUND THE TOPIC

3. BOOK/CHAPTER STUDIES, I BELIEVE, ARE LIKELY TO DRAW LESS PARTICIPATION. I'VE BEEN ON NL FOR LIKE 6 YEARS NOW AND I'VE NOTICED THAT ONCE A POST IS LONG, INTEREST IN THE POST/THREAD WANES. POSTING A WHOLE CHAPTER MEANS SOME PEOPLE MAY NOT BE INTERESTED IN READING THROUGH ESPECIALLY WITH THE CHANGES GOING ON ON THE WEBSITE

4.I PERSONALLY THINK TOPICAL STUDIES ARE MORE PRACTICAL. E.G IF YOU TAKE A STUDY ON (UN)FORGIVENESS, WE'LL FIND OUT THE HEALTH, SPIRITUAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF IT; HOW TO STOP IT (IN VERY PRACTICAL TERMS), AND EXPERIENCES/TESTIMONIES OF FOLKS HERE AND HOW GOD HAS HELPED THEM. A CHAPTER HOWEVER MAY CONTAIN A THOUSAND LESSONS WHICH ARE NOT LIKELY TO BE EXHAUSTED WITHIN THE POSSIBLE TIME FRAME THAT WILL BE SET FOR STUDYING IT (I DON'T EXPECT US TO STUDY A CHAPTER FOR 6 MONTHS ) AND IF THEY AREN'T EXHAUSTED, WE WOULDN'T HAVE REALLY STUDIED

SO PLEASE RECONSIDER, THIS THREAD, I TRUST, PROMISES TO BE A PLACE OF DELIVERANCE AND ENLIGHTENMENT FOR PEOPLE AND WE MUST OFFER IT IN THE MOST EXCELLENT MANNER POSSIBLE[/b]
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by babaowo: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2012
@goshen360 good work,God will increase your knowledge......@knight1 pls try type in small letter,God will bless all the followers of this ijn.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by babaowo: 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2012
where are the brethen in the house
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2012
We might be going on the topical studies. Looking at the poll, majority vote supports topical studies and we have to go by the majority. Thank you all.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2012
The Birth of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:18 – 25)

[b]18: Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19: Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man], and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20: But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21: "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins." 22: So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23: "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated, "God with us." 24: Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, 25: and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.[/b]

Although Christ was born of Mary, He was a child of the Holy Spirit. The “raw material” of Jesus wasn’t from Joseph, that is why when Jesus died, he cannot return to dust. His raw material was of the Holy Spirit. This is a miracle that defiles science or natural law of reproduction. The birth of Christ was directly of the Holy Spirit (v. 20). His source was the Holy Spirit and His element or raw material was divine. Through the virgin Mary He put on flesh and blood, the human nature, taking the likeness of the flesh (Rom. 8:3), the likeness of men (Phil. 2:7).

Joseph being a righteous man at that time was one walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord (Luke 1:6), i.e., one who was living according to the law of God with the propitiation made by the offerings (Read Deut. 22:20-24). God was first born into Mary through His Spirit; after the conception was completed, He, with the human nature, was born to be a God-man, possessing both divinity and humanity. This is the origin of Christ. The name Jesus is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew name Joshua (Num. 13:16), which means Jehovah the Savior, or the salvation of Jehovah. Hence, Jesus is not only a man but God/Jehovah, and not only God/Jehovah but God/Jehovah becoming our salvation. Thus, He is our Savior. He is also our Joshua, the One who brings us into rest (Heb. 4:8; Matt. 11:28-29), which is Himself as the good land to us. Please read 1 Timothy 1:15 and Luke 2:11 for more reference.

A prophet is one who is commonly considered a foreteller. But in the Scriptures a prophet is one who speaks for God, speaks forth God, and predicts. This son of the virgin is the seed of the woman prophesied in Gen. 3:15. Jesus was the name given by God, whereas Emmanuel, meaning God with us, was the name by which man called Him. Jesus the Savior is God with us. He is God, and He is also God incarnated to dwell among us (John 1:14). He is not only God but God with us. Christ as the very Emmanuel not only was with us when He was on earth, but also is with us, since His ascension, whenever we are gathered into His name (see Matt 18:20). Moreover, He promised to be with us all the days until the consummation of the age (see Matt 28:20). Whatever we are going through today and in life, God is with you. God had not forsaken you and will not forsake you. There is a fullness of time.

The birth of Christ was prepared and accomplished by God's sovereignty. By His sovereignty God brought back to Judea from the captivity in Babylon the ancestors of both Joseph and Mary under the leadership of their forefather Zerubbabel (Matt 1:12; Ezra 5:1-2). Again by His sovereignty God placed both Joseph and Mary in the same city, Nazareth (Luke 1:26; 2:4). Even more, by His sovereignty God brought Joseph and Mary together in marriage so that Christ could be brought in and born as the legal heir to the throne of David.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2012
This is the end of Matthew Chapter one. As the poll shows that many of our brethren supports topical studies. We have to begin a topical studies by Monday 19, 2012. However, we need to decide what topic we want to treat or do we take topics in alphabetical orders? Let's suggest please. Thank you all.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by buzugee(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
YEAH TOPICAL STUDIES. AND LETS LAY DOWN SOME GROUND RULES. IF YOU CANT MAKE YOUR POINTS WITHIN 5 LINES DONT BOTHER. DONT NOBODY WANNA READ NO THESIS ALL UP IN HERE grin ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 12 and much study wearies the body. anything more than 5 lines and you are in contravention of ecclesiastes 12 vs 12 angry
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2012
lol. That is your suggestion. We want to create a fellowship and learn together. What if it will take someone to explain deeper? Again, I am of the thought that, if someone cannot read a long sentence, but not too long though, it means such person is not reading the bible, at least one chapter a day. lol. One chapter of bible a day is longer than 5 lines of sentences. Let's wait for other to contribute bro. we are not in a rush,lol. God bless you.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by buzugee(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2012
grin i guess i shall stop being lazy then. dunno something about longgggggggg posts just makes me skip over it. i have been guilty of posting something long but it will be once in a blue moon when 5 lines just cant cover the topic. but as a rule i try to stay within 5 lines when i post and dont read any post longer than 5 lines. body no be wood o my brother grin
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by buzugee(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2012
i have an idea for a good topic. 'why is nigeria so messed up when the place is crawling with religious zealots ? why is the religion not helping them turn around the country ? ' that is a good topic. just an idea wink
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2012
Maybe we will rotate the topics or something. I dont really know but let's allow others to contribute and we will have a picture of how we do it.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by mkmyers45(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2012
buzugee: i have an idea for a good topic. 'why is nigeria so messed up when the place is crawling with religious zealots ? why is the religion not helping them turn around the country ? ' that is a good topic. just an idea wink

Nice on BUZU-GEE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by buzugee(m): 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

Nice on BUZU-GEE grin grin grin grin grin grin
hehe chief mkmyers45 wetin you chop remain Sir grin . you know a topic like that will be a crowd puller. that is something that affects us all. intriguing topic even if i say so myself wink
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Knight1(m): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2012
topic: HELL

Seriously
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by gendebs(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
who are this agent of devil derailin our bible studies. If u think you re catchin fun with this childish act i pray u don't end ur life with devil ur master. My $1,000,000,000 advice
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
^^^
How do you mean?
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by buzugee(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
Knight1: topic: HELL

Seriously
that is a great topic. i have a lot to say on 'hell'
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by stepo707: 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
buzugee: that is a great topic. i have a lot to say on 'hell'

What can you tell us about hell?
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Image123(m): 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
where are all those guys screaming for Bible study? a topical study is no different from the other everyday threads BTW,
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by buzugee(m): 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
stepo707:

What can you tell us about hell?
well i can tell you that it is not about people burning forever and ever and ever and ever. when the day of tribulation comes, the lord will deliver his people and take them to israel (the first trip will be those who obey his words and have faith in him). then those are are left behind will endure a period of apocalyptic madness. famine, people eating their own babies, lots of violence, lots of evil on earth. some will get burnt to death in thermonuclear explosions. after the apocalypse is over, those who survive it will be brought to the valley of jehosophat (decision) to be judged. the nation of israel will be exalted again and people from all the nations that put israel in bondage and slavery will become slaves in heaven (isaiah 14 vs 2) (revelation 13 vs 10). all the nations will go and bring all the stolen stuff (gold and silver etc etc ) that they stole from us and will return them to us. they will worship us and kiss our feet and apologise to us for despising us. and they will be our slaves for 1000 years in heaven after which they will be free. and in heaven we will live as old as trees before we die isaiah 65 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

dont know how long trees live but i am thinking it is thousands of years. scripture says in heaven if you are 100 years old, you will still be a baby isaiah 65 vs 20
"Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; he who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere youth; he who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed. AND HEAVEN WILL BE ON EARTH. so basically, hell for the heathens eventually morphs into slavery in heaven. those who ruled the world will go from being rulers (heaven) to been slaves (hell). yes that includes white folks and arabs. they shall be our servants and handmaids in righteousness. 144,000 righteous men will rule the world in heaven. they will be given immortality. thats their reward for been pious on earth in the reign of the gentiles.

SOUNDS CRAZY BUT ITS ALL BIBLICAL. THOUGH ITS NOT AS CRAZY AS SOMEONE THINKING THE LORD WILL BURN SOMEONE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by babaowo: 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
following!
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2012
Goshen, i guess CHAPTER BY CHAPTER will expire today. I'm sulking already. New look NL that puts a squirm on the eyes, same ol' same ol' TOPIC BY TOPIC suggestions. It should be same ol' nL and new CHAPTER BY CHAPTER. Anyways, goshen. Can we not have two different threads that satisfy the polled divide still?
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
How do you mean image123? I kept quiet just to wait n see how our behave about this bible study. It seems like some wants to derail us n other hand,seems like some r not serious abt it. Even if we r few and other resources r pull together in one mind like the people that wanted to build tower,nothing shall be impossible to us. Let me understand you my brother. Thanks
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Image123(m): 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2012
Goshen, some people want CHAPTER BY CHAPTER studies. Some(more it seems) people want TOPIC BY TOPIC. Simply let's have the two in different threads instead of just one i.e topical which is same ole.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
Ok, now I get you.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by antartica(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2012
This bible/koran that you guys take literally is the key to your abysmal existence.It is a book given to you guys by the oyinbos to keep you in their control without having waste bullets and personnel.And it turned out today as the greatest trick ever used to desimate blackman.

Write your own bible people and be the chosen ones,ba-stards.Claim it by acting it.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
Just to add to Matthew 1,

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
The book is Jesus centred, the testament is. Infact, the whole Bible is Jesus centred. Never forget that, for therein lies your purpose as a human. Also, Jesus is not only the Son of God but also the Son of David, and the Son of Abraham. He often reminded us that He was the Son of man. He came to earth as a man, to be our example, to suffer the things we suffer and tell us we can make it even as humans.
Mat 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Tamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
Every little thing that we do, our decisions and our thoughts could be of eternal consequences. Judah's one night out, perhaps one hour or even less of 'fun', and it's still alluded to that his children were of Tamar(who was not his wife). Let's be careful and circumspect and learn to rely on God's grace and mercy.
Mat 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
Check out the play on numbers. One thing to note is that Christianity is not just science. With science, there's that need to be exact, precise. In christianity, there's a measured balance between precision, order and life. Any cursory glance at the geneology in other passages show some difference, even apparent omission of names. Those are not the exacts that matter with God. What God's Word produces is greater than grammar and history, it's Life. But like has been said, there's no excuse for disorderliness. Some messages can be exact, 3topics, 7 names, 12 passages, 14 generations in 3places. Some may not be. None of the two classes/styles should condemn the other or feel superior.(Philippians 2.3)
Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Jesus was/is the child of the Holy Ghost, who is God.
Mat 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
A proof that Mary was a virgin, and that the relationship between Mary and Joseph was a chaste one and an example for young people to follow today.
Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife; for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Again in bolded, Jesus is of the Holy Ghost. He is the Son of God the Holy Ghost, and mysteriously Son of God the Father. Making the Holy Ghost and the Father one,yet two, alleluia.
Also, note the expression 'Mary thy wife'. Mary was already considered as Joseph's wife in heaven as they were already espoused. Courtship is sacred and approved in heaven. It's not a light thing where we just play with one another and defile our bodies. Yet still, we should await the physical joining by a representative of God before we engage in you know whats. these are qualities that made Joseph a just man and Mary a favoured lady.
Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
A most important verse. Right from the beginning, the purpose of Jesus, the reason for the new covenant is stated. He shall SAVE his people from their sin. This is the difference between the old testament and the new testament. SALVATION. Have you been saved? There is forgivenesss both in the old and new testaments, but SALVATIOn comes only in the new testament. God forgives us, good, very good. But it's no new thing. It's also been the teestimony from the old covenant (psalm 103v3). But the good news, the real gospel is that Jesus, not only forgives, but He can save us from sin. Many people walk in the old testament, with sins forgiven. But they do not walk in the light of the new testament, in power over sin. they are still under the power of stealing, fornication, mastur.bation, anger, and other sins. But Jesus Christ came FOR to save us from our sins. This is the good news, do you believe? If you cn believe, Jesus said, you would see the glory of God.
Mat 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
Mat 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Joseph was a wise man, he played his part.He did as he was told. When we make up our minds to do as God tells us, He immediately gives us the grace that we need for the task. Just felt to add this to what's been said, and tried not to make it too long. I pray it blesses you.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Knight1(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2012
So what's the TOPIC? for the Topic thread?
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
^^^
This is one problem we are going to be facing with topical studies, the ability to determine which topic to teach. I hope we re-visit out thought and simple consider chapter by chapter as it collaborates with verses. Guys, let's do this together and let's put our resources and knowledge together to teach God's word. It will go a long way correcting false teachings. Thank you all.
Re: Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament by Zikkyy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
goshen360: ^^^
This is one problem we are going to be facing with topical studies, the ability to determine which topic to teach. I hope we re-visit out thought and simple consider chapter by chapter as it collaborates with verses. Guys, let's do this together and let's put our resources and knowledge together to teach God's word. It will go a long way correcting false teachings. Thank you all.

hate to sound discouraging goshen, but i don't see you going far with the chapter/chapter or verse/verse approach. I don't think peeps will find it interesting. A topical approach will be more interesting and probably receive more participation/views (probably the reason pastors prefer the topical approach; get the members adrenal glands pumping hard enough to make them reach for their wallet/cheque book anytime the pastor make that call grin). But the problem with a topical approach is that you might not be discussing anything new.It's also likely you end up figthting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chakra Opening / Ozubulu Killing: Catholic Set Up Committee, Visit Victims At Hospital, Give N50k / Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.