Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,132 members, 7,818,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26114 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by solajacobs(m): 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
my prayer has been that nairaland will keep improving not degrading to the level of this new(rubish)look.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Zilja(f): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
I'm sure this was a difficult decision to make a change. some ppl don't take change well but life is all about change. nothing stays the same.
god job.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ochukoccna: 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
Even though Seun has good intentions ,let him listen to what people have complained about NL2.
I saw the site yesterday afternoon and wasn't swayed at all.
Also dont know if people have noticed its not WAP 2.0 friendly though it loads nicely on tablet computers. Seun,do whatever work arounds you have to do.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2012
kkkossy:
If u don't like it, Please go and design your own website jor and stop all these rants uv been making.
Come just thank Elewa that i didn't see this when my blood was still hot since its really hard to use this new rubbish,hediot.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by samyng(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
This new look is not really cool as you find it hard to know who is posting and disturbing as u don't seem to enjoying reading any post.. I Think he needs to make some adjustment on the colour and other things or just bring make the old version
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Zapence(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2012
NL2 is not "it" AT ALL. meaning; IT SUCKS! I prefer the "old" nairaland by far.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by lwise(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
This new look is like a punishment to me,it looks like a poorly typed word document.
Try to change the colour to the old one and let's see the difference.The former one makes it look like you are very close to ppl in a particular thread but with this one its like the comment ppl make on a .

THIS ONE IS NOT USER FRIENDLY SHIKENAH
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
maclatunji: People, Seun has promised regular upgrades, why don't you suggest ideas to him.

Here are a few from moi:

1. Smilies for mobile users.

2. Create Nairaland App for Smartphones: Android, Blackberry, i-Phone. Don't forget Nokia, they are making a nice entry with budget smart phones.

3. Make Freecocoa and ID your honorary Nairaland Ambassadors #Pacifythem
SEUN aka ELEWA hope you are seeing this cos you just kept quiet and let your customers unsatisfied,you berra put this into consideration.

Ehen tunji now you are behaving how you ought to,you are a nice person small after all sha.cheesy
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
maclatunji: People, Seun has promised regular upgrades, why don't you suggest ideas to him.

Here are a few from moi:

1. Smilies for mobile users.

2. Create Nairaland App for Smartphones: Android, Blackberry, i-Phone. Don't forget Nokia, they are making a nice entry with budget smart phones.

3. Make Freecocoa and ID your honorary Nairaland Ambassadors #Pacifythem
SEUN aka ELEWA hope you are seeing this cos you just kept quiet and let your customers unsatisfied,you berra put this into consideration.

Ehen tunji now you are behaving how you ought to,you are a nice person small after all sha.cheesy
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Iolo(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2012
The mobile version is great. A lot better than the previous version.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Feraz(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
It's not that bad on a laptop though................
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by olaadegoke(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
This NL new look sucks...
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Goldieluks: 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2012
Nice work seun, but the brightness is hurting my eyes. Please do well to reduce it.
Cheers!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
Feraz: It's not that bad on a laptop though................
Dont lie its worse on ur palasa lappy grin grin grin
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by kosovo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
So i was forced to make a comment on this induco indux inductum development.

Obviously Nairaland was 7 years some few days ago, using the default and discredited smf forum script, which perhaps had alot of bugs and gave constant laboro to the guys who manage and curo the site. Still, they were undetered and came up with this masterpiece. Honestly, the Supreme Military Commander of Nairaland took a step in the right direction, it has become more social and from my findings after reading all the posts, most people are only angered by the load time, forsit forsan forsitan because it is new. I expect the Load time to improve within the comming days.

I must say that I am dumbfounded by the very dumb and unintelligent posts I read here, but as I know the supreme military commander of Nairaland, he wont buldge for any reason.

Bravo!

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by kosovo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
So i was forced to make a comment on this induco indux inductum development.

Obviously Nairaland was 7 years some few days ago, using the default and discredited smf forum script, which perhaps had alot of bugs and gave constant laboro to the guys who manage and curo the site. Still, they were undetered and came up with this masterpiece. Honestly, the Supreme Military Commander of Nairaland took a step in the right direction, it has become more social and from my findings after reading all the posts, most people are only angered by the load time, forsit forsan forsitan because it is new. I expect the Load time to improve within the comming days.

I must say that I am dumbfounded by the very dumb and unintelligent posts I read here, but as I know the supreme military commander of Nairaland, he wont buldge for any reason.

Bravo!

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by EfemenaXY: 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2012
Something strange's going on here. I can log in using my phone but can't log in using my laptop??!! Or is this new site restricted to mobile phone users only?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
I don't know what to say, but I really hope I get used to this new one soon..'AMEN'
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
I think I liked the other layout better but it is probably because I am yet to adjust to this one. Hey Guyz.. chill out! It would grow on you so take a chill pill and give Oga Seun some credit. smiley
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by anonimi: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2012
Good graphics but may take a while to get used to.
Otherwise, I think it is better to show date of posts rather than how many days/hours ago it was posted.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by anonimi: 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
Good graphics but may take a while to get used to.
Otherwise, I think it is better to show date of posts rather than how many days/hours ago it was posted.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by arrived(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2012
I'm still looking!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by nic121: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
i dont like this it holds no swag on the computer. The appearance suit mobile
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by cecegorz(m): 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
Just at a glance on my mobile, I noticed some interesting new features;
1. You can quote someone directly from his/her post
2. You can see all the users currently viewing a topic. Hehehe, no more discreet visitors to some threads. Though it will also encourage diary keepers to see their fans
3. what does the 'follow' link at the bottom page do?
4. No more preview button. This might be the most beautiful feature because having to preview like 10 times on a mobile before your post gets submitted can be frustrating
5. Why not add all these features and still maintain the old color theme. That Ish is so unique from every other site?
6. when am back from church, I'll look out for more.

Generally for me, the NL1 colour theme still beats this. Though with time, people will still get used to this.
When I also load it on lappy, I'll see how it checks out.
Kudos to Seun and the team all the same.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by MeGaStReEt: 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
The color is too bright and look childish to me.

Make the color darker (do something about the color combination, this is very important)

I can't differentiate b/w original post and a qoute
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by MeGaStReEt: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2012
and i cant see my posts
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by FXKing2012(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
You dont make a change just for the sake of making a change, u make a change for the better and the reaction and input of the people/customers MUST be considered cos the customer is always right!
This is a business advice coming from a business guru, if not taken I dont see myself staying on Nairaland for long cos I no fit come spoil my eyes for here.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by FEMARY1: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
I think you you remove the curve edges.The outlook view is not okay.The post reply is okay.But where is the home button.

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dabrake(m): 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
what is wrong with the alignment button? the "center" tag isn't working. i even tried using ' align="center" ' manually if it would work but yet, no improvement. again, i am not satisfied with the limited font styles. try encapsulating all the styles from msWORD2010
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dabrake(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2012
FXKing2012: You dont make a change just for the sake of making a change, u make a change for the better and the reaction and input of the people/customers MUST be considered cos the customer is always right!

This is a business advice coming from a business guru, if not taken I dont see myself staying on Nairaland for long cos I no fit come spoil my eyes for here.
[/color]
+1,000,000,000. i will buy you a honda pilot
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by sigba(f): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
I hope it's just a test run, let it end today pls.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dabrake(m): 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2012
what is wrong with the alignment button? the "center" tag isn't working. i even tried using ' align="center" ' manually if it would work but yet, no improvement. again, i am not satisfied with the limited font styles. try encapsulating all the styles from msWORD2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today / 3 African Men Display Great Acrobatic Skills From Air / Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.