Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26150 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 11, 2012
@Seun: Oga pls forgive me for yabbing your site with the first comment of this thread. smiley

I have gone through the site and I will make a number of applauses and recommendations.
1. The site navigation is super-fast. I love the navigation speed.
2. I like the quote and reply links too.
3. I like the 'follow' link cos its really cool.
4. You have done well in the addition of application that you have incorporated here.

Criticism/Recommendations
1. The appearance is so ugly. Looks childish. Even Af.ro.w.all's site looks more attractive.
2. The colour scheme is so unattractive and it is a bit hard to differentiate between quotes and comments.
3.We can't even see our signatures nor our number of posts. These are very important. Right now, everyone looks Anonymous. We can't even differentiate who is an Oldie, Moderator or Newbie.

Solution: The old nairaland layout would be very nice if you can incorporate these new applications and browser speed thingy. After that, see if Nairaland wwouldnt become a global brand. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2012
Occupy Nairaland Occupy Nairaland Occupy Nairaland
Occupy Nairaland Occupy Nairaland Occupy Nairaland[/quote]
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dROC1: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun,

I've been with this site since inception, even knew about your participation in mobilenigeria.
This is clearly a step in the wrong direction. The site now looks and feels like the defunct nairalist (we all know what happened to that site).

Facebook lost market share to twitter when the design kept being changed without carrying the actual users along.
Don't let the same be said of nairaland.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Raxxye(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2012
freecocoa: I don dey here dey shout since morning,that dude is just being arrogant,people kicked against this NL2 in the first beta phase and he still went ahead to do what he wants,well na him get site but him dey forget say na we dey bring traffic.

Mr Seun(or is it Elewa, Idowu?) why won‘t u listen to delectable Freecocoa of all people? Are u sure u really want to do dis? I suggest u sit down alone, close ur eyes n think really hard. Agreed change is permanent, but should we be changing for better or for worse?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by EEVICTOREE(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2012
Nairaland is now a BIG jokes...

OMG!!!! Friend request on NL...

WATTTTTTTT!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tinkinfela(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2012
The site looks great especially for mobile users. I think the two biggest changes that really needs to be re-considered are-

The avatar by the left side.. trust me, this is very very important. You would be surprised at how much people look at a poster's info such as location, number of posts etc before looking at actual posts. Now everyone looks anonymous.

Secondly, the signature is very important. There re some people on nairaland that you don't even need to look at their user id, there signature is their identity.

Lastly, the topics shouldn't be in italic and should be a bit bolder. That's my 1 cent.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2012
blue color is just so annoying, makes it difficult to locate a topic. stick to black
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by mazaje(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2012
This new nairaland is shit. . .
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ceejay80s(m): 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2012
How many kb or mb file can be uploaded? Its ok but the whole page is like the same colour except when u include somebody's quote,then there's a green colour seperating posts,dont use colours that are too bright,it affects the eye especially at night, abi u wan blind us b4 old age come? USERNAMES in every thread is not boldly written, atimes i go dey find who replied
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by omobone(m): 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun: Hello Guys,

"Nairaland 2.0" aka "New Nairaland" aka "NL2" is now the default version of Nairaland. What do you think? Ask me any question and I'll post the answer on this thread.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
The "Change email" setting has a bug. I can't change my email address. I'm using Opera mini browser.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Raxxye(m): 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2012
pDude: @Seun: Oga pls forgive me for yabbing your site with the first comment of this thread. smiley

I have gone through the site and I will make a number of applauses and recommendations.
1. The site navigation is super-fast. I love the navigation speed.
2. I like the quote and reply links too.
3. I like the 'follow' link cos its really cool.
4. You have done well in the addition of application that you have incorporated here.

Criticism/Recommendations
1. The appearance is so ugly. Looks childish. Even Af.ro.w.all's site looks more attractive.
2. The colour scheme is so unattractive and it is a bit hard to differentiate between quotes and comments.
3.We can't even see our signatures nor our number of posts. These are very important. Right now, everyone looks Anonymous. We can't even differentiate who is an Oldie, Moderator or Newbie.

Solution: The old nairaland layout would be very nice if you can incorporate these new applications and browser speed thingy. After that, see if Nairaland wwouldnt become a global brand. smiley

I agree with u. The speed is really impressive. In addition,quoting a statement directly without having to click REPLY then scroll down is bam too. But dat‘s about all to it.
Seun, incorporate these features to the old Nairaland, n I‘ll buy u a bottle of your favourite brand of beer. Promise!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by binhozie(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun has ulterior motives. . .seriously sinister motives
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
What is the point of indicating the time next to people's names? That is highly unnecessary.

What happened to:

1. The Up and Down buttons? I have to scroll all the way up and down on my bb. Not very nice.

2. The online or offline indicator light? We can't even see if a person is online or offline when we want to fight or argue with that person. Please that indicator is extremely important.

3. What happened to our number of posts and signature quotes? Please it would be nice to know who are the Oldies, Newbies and Moderators. Right now everyone looks Anonymous and ordinary. How would we differentiate people like Beaf (and oldie and active poster) from someone who just registered 2 minutes ago?

Seun, next time it would be nice if you could open an opinions poll before embarking on a project like this. We are the customers and consumers of Nairaland and we know best. A little consultation from us would do you no harm.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by hallmark77: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
The old version is better....This will definitely drive away many viewers and posters....Its just not a good move,is not bad to want to change the outlook of your site but you should do better than this...Just my own advice!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by lakeside4love(m): 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
Me like d new NL..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2012
Hello Seun

You have come along way with Nairaland 1.0 and to say the least, it has quite a huge appeal and i do not think it is because of its looks or features. It is simply because Nairaland of its usability. I like the fact that you are listening and actually considering people's views. my take is that change is necessary for survival,but change should be for the better (not otherwise)

1: The visuals are jarring and it really hurt my eyes trying to tell what from what.
2: Nobody owns his section. It is as if each paragraph of the page is trying to become a landmark on its own. rather than all the parts forming into one cohesive usable whole, I see broken-down parts related to a single tasks each struggling to make an impact on the page. It can be confusing to follow.
3: Consider the vain things - asides content, users love the feeling that their posts are pregnant with their passion - signatures do that
Hey !! where is the post button... okay there it is. It would be nice to have the "Modify Post" link at the Bottom Right/Top. hey ! where is that Post button
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ITbomb(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Digriz(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2012
i dont like this one pls make a provision for the former one.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2012
freecocoa: I don close eyes but we need to
Occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy naraland.

Madam d spirit holding dis guy are dangeruous o,abeg make we no use our hands carry gbege.

As i dey pray for renewal,wan spirit dey minister to me say Seun dey wan gang and we must accept change or join enter d calabash.Nnee abeg wear rosary b4 u browse dis site ooo. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by seunlayi(m): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2012
tinkinfela: The site looks great especially for mobile users. I think the two biggest changes that really needs to be re-considered are-

The avatar by the left side.. trust me, this is very very important. You would be surprised at how much people look at a poster's info such as location, number of posts etc before looking at actual posts. Now everyone looks anonymous.

Secondly, the signature is very important. There re some people on nairaland that you don't even need to look at their user id, there signature is their identity.

Lastly, the topics shouldn't be in italic and should be a bit bolder. That's my 1 cent.
pls consider the points in this post to make nl2 better

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by greatlee(m): 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2012
This is "bullshit" Revert to the old face or am out!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Feraz(m): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
pls, can't find the insert quote link in NL2 using a mobile phone. . . .would like u to add that feature. . . .
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by gbconcepts: 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun:
We'll be able to add new features on a weekly basis, because this code is truly ours.

Can you explain what you mean by HTML view? The new site is designed to look good on laptops and phones.

Am using a Laptop and it sure doesn't look GOOD on my laptop.
Been having serious headache since staring at this bland site.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2012
Now allow me make a bit of sense here on why the "number of posts is important".

I am known as pDude. Everyone knows me as pDude on Nairaland. What if someone makes a new signature with the nane p-Dude? How will users be able to differentiate between me and the new guy (p-Dude)?

It is by my number of posts that anyone can differentiate between me and an impostor. It is that simple. Who will know if its the old pDude of the new p_Dude?

Pls Seun, take our advice unless you wanna start job-hunting before the end of this year or see you site become defunct like A.fro.wa.ll's site grin
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by formular123triol(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
I luv dis NL2,d colored interface nd above all no delay in posting a comment.....it's a welcum development nd innovation,u guyz keep it up!

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by namfav(m): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
what is followed? is this twitter?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Tingles(m): 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2012
My favorite wap version is gone, the colours are rioting, unnecessary details after the username, text formatting is ugly. . . I don't like this at all.

Bro, please add the positive changes to the old version and abandon this one forever and ever.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
pDude: Now allow me make a bit of sense here on why the "number of posts is important".

I am known as pDude. Everyone knows me as pDude on Nairaland. What if someone makes a new signature with the nane p-Dude? How will users be able to differentiate between me and the new guy (p-Dude)?

It is by my number of posts that anyone can differentiate between me and an impostor. It is that simple. Who will know if its the old pDude of the new p_Dude?

Pls Seun, take our advice unless you wanna start job-hunting before the end of this year or see you site become defunct like A.fro.wa.ll's site grin
i thought you were p0rnodude undecided grin
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Raxxye(m): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2012
Feraz: pls, can't find the insert quote link in NL2 using a mobile phone. . . .would like u to add that feature. . . .

Click on “(QUOTE POST)“ immediately below the post n it‘ll take u there. This feature is actaully an improvement
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2012
Please, how do i say bullshit in yoruba?? embarassed
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Okontami: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun and Moderators, you guys blocked me because, i was airing my opinion. You are more than a DICTATOR and have a RACIST attitude. How on earth will you do such a thing, you actually BANNED me? Infact you have just threaded on the SERPENT tail. You will you act like a BULLY? What is your problem I think you dont even know who your users are. We are telling you your descision is CRAP, you are busy bullying us by banning us. Where is your BRAND instinct Keep the initial format and put your wonderful additions that you have done, you wont listen but you want to kick us out. The way the post are arranged is not inviting to the eyes. Young man you need to be very careful. You can delete my account for all i care.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Wifi Password Hack 2013_an Application That Enables You Hack Any Wifi Network / How Money Disappeared From My Pocket / Sexkillz, The Omo Mo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.