Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26066 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by onila(f): 7:43am On Mar 11, 2012
ITS RUBBISH! ITS RUBBISH! ITS RUBBISH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH OU SEUN? DOES THIS LOOK GOOD 2 YOU? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Leyelyzo: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2012
FXKing2012: I dont know abt mobile users but it's just not it on my laptop. It's less attractive and finding posts is straining to the eyes. I cant afford to spend as much time as I used to cos this is torturous.

Men this is cool on phone. I tell you, it aint that bad. We shall get use to it
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by IRAPADA(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2012
Good
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by thehomer: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2012
The theme and colour are more visually pleasing however, I think the icon that indicates threads to which one has replied seems to be lost so I'm unable to follow those threads from the section page.

The preview function is also absent.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idboyostic(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2012
D combination of using a 2 light colour,makes it luks childish.Prefer d older version Bro.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2012
maclatunji: Does this mean the old nairaland is dead and buried? What next for Nairaland after this?
We'll be trying out new features regularly, and keeping the good ones. Because we wrote the software ourselves, we understand it very well and can add new features at will without having to worry about breaking backward compatibility.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by mployer(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2012
the background is too light. It is affecting ma eyes already.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2012
ekt_bear: Looks like no preview button anymore also?
It seemed rather redundant since you can just edit your post if you notice a mistake.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 11, 2012
Is NL now a social maedia site?

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Killz3(m): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2012
Ok. Let's leave for phone browsers nah. make una enjoy am. undecided i'll visit less often until i see some positive changes. . .

I cant even differentiate a quoted comment from a normal comment. . .

Is this supposed to be a 7th anniversary birthday gift or what? undecided undecided angry

The Romance section is a dead zone already. . . Smh!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Goshen360(m): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2012
Well, for me on my phone and desktop, it's okay. I seems to love this better than the old version. People should just look arround the page,you will definitely find the button you are looking for and as some posters said,they can improve on it. But for sake of others,the fonts can be increased a little bit.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Killz3(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2012
Ok. Let's leave for phone browsers nah. make una enjoy am. undecided i'll visit less often until i see some positive changes. . .

I cant even differentiate a quoted comment from a normal comment. . .

Is this supposed to be a 7th anniversary birthday gift or what? undecided undecided angry

The Romance section is a dead zone already. . . Smh!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2012
bigx: Terrible, Honestly.
It looks like its being optimized to load faster but
1.) The colours hurt my eyes
2.) The fonts are too small
3.) Everything looks disorganized...

I'm off here sad
Which phone and which browser are you using? We'll find a way to make the fonts larger if necessary.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:56am On Mar 11, 2012
I love the new looks and its simplicity.... Seun na u try pass jor
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2012
where is link to the nairaland1? I do not enjoy nl2
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by SamMilla1(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2012
If the code is truly custom as you said, then it is a big leap and i congratulate you. We will get used to it someday. I am an advocate of Change no matter how small. People will complain ofcourse but i know how sturborn you are, lets stick to it.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 7:58am On Mar 11, 2012
OAM4J:

Chase you go where? You are one of the Nairalanders that is going nowhere, NL2 or not, better get used to it grin
Hehehehe,you think so?we may just leave the site for you and seun,it seems you are already used to it,honestly i fit die if something is not done about this fast,better tell seun no be joke o. I still never see my smileys o.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Killz3(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2012
The colours are too bright. Can you pls stick to the former colours?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by bid4rich(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2012
we are where we are 2day in dis coutry because we fail to accept change. Change is good but nt always easy to accept bt wt time ALL OF YOU Will embrace it. Good job to u Seun.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2012
I thot suen already give u on this nonsense? Please bring the old nairaland back I beg. What was the change for anyways when there ain't anything better?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by beejay247: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2012
I don't like it..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 8:01am On Mar 11, 2012
fashoga: @seun...please what happened 2 Nairalist!
We'll get back to it soon enough. Nairalist will thrive again in the future.

FXKing2012: I dont know abt mobile users but it's just not it on my laptop. It's less attractive and finding posts is straining to the eyes. I cant afford to spend as much time as I used to cos this is torturous.
I'm at a loss about what to do about the colors. Should I make the colors darker?

eghost247: and please if anything bring back updated topics.
Followed is almost exactly like Updated Topics, but more flexible.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2012
How come everyone is saying its cool on phone but its not on mine?I'm using a BB,can't see smileys,can't change font colors,can't bold fonts etc.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun:
Can you explain what you mean by HTML view? The new site is designed to look good on laptops and phones.
Yes, I see the difference on my own phone. The user interface is much better and easier to work with. I remember with the old NL, my postin options were very limited, with my phone. Anyway, the new look actually looks good on my phone. I'm not complaining. I like how things seem optimized for faster processing.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun:
Can you explain what you mean by HTML view? The new site is designed to look good on laptops and phones.
Yes, I see the difference on my own phone. The user interface is much better and easier to work with. I remember with the old NL, my postin options were very limited, with my phone. Anyway, the new look actually looks good on my phone. I'm not complaining. I like how things seem optimized for faster processing.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by 3RNEST(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2012
> Seun why u wan drive people 4rm ur site? Guy switch back to the old NL, just take a look at facebook, they maintain same look, but added new features, but ur NL u just over do things, maybe u go open seminar 4the new NL on hw to use it oh, as i dey so na me provoke pass..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Osiris212(f): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun the colour in more important and the theme. If you can't fix those to replicate the older version of NL, then there is a serious issue.

How do I know a certain poster is online?

What about my number of post?

What about the page "UP" and "DOWN" ?

What about the "PREVIEW"?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Osiris212(f): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun the colour in more important and the theme. If you can't fix those to replicate the older version of NL, then there is a serious issue.

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by 3RNEST(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2012
> Seun why u wan drive people 4rm ur site? Guy switch back to the old NL, just take a look at facebook, they maintain same look, but added new features, but ur NL u just over do things, maybe u go open seminar 4the new NL on hw to use it oh, as i dey so na me provoke pass..

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by justwise(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2012
I like it, the only issue i have is with the quote, when you quote a post there is no clear different between the quoted posted and your actual comment apart from the lines, one supposed to either darker or lighter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road / Please What Does "Yinmu Yinmu" Mean? / Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.