Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,021 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26074 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by samo(m): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2012
I don't think I like this new look. For one my signature cannot show, which is bad as it is cos if one posts a he or she would be banned by the admin. SO what is the benefit to prolific users. Nairaland is for the benefit of members too. Seun pls revert or continue to modify
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ayusman16(m): 10:48am On Mar 11, 2012
Is this Nairaland>> SO ugly. Abeg revert back to the old one.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Abbott(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2012
@seun osewa
Like i mentioned in another thread, let users be able to tag favourite nairalanders and read their comments instead of reading whole pages filled with crap and tribalistic/hateful comments. The tagging can filter by sorting Nairalander by number of posts or by names, cos seems the older nairalanders are more sensible.

Also include all d signatures and number of posts in NL 2.

Finally, use the colour green in the new NL look. I still love the old nairaland.
All the best.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ojdollars(m): 10:51am On Mar 11, 2012
@SEUN .... WATCH OUT, YOU NOR NEED TO RUN GO MEET BABA IDIBIA FOR HELP, CAUSE YOU KNOW THR ANSWER TO YOUR FUTURE DOWNFALL IS CAUSED WITH YOUR OWN HANDS. NA SMALL CHILDREN THEY VISIT NAIRALAND THEM TELL YOU? I OPEN A THREAD EARLIER ON TO SUGGEST TO YOU, EVERYONE CAME IN AND SUGGESTED, YET YOU WENT AHEAD TO DO WHAT SUITS YOU. YOU KNOW WHAT? I WILL LOOK FOR HOW TO DESIGN THAT OLD NAIRALAND PAGE AND CREATE MY OWN FORUM FOR FREE LIKE THIS. STUPI.D
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by otokx(m): 10:53am On Mar 11, 2012
This has got me thinking about the future. What if we all woke up and nairaland was gone?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by 8figure(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2012
oYA oGA sHEGUN, iTS vERY eASY tO aCHIEVE, sINCE wHAT pEOPLE aRE cRYING fOR iS mAINLY tHE cOLOR, iTS bETTER yOU uSE sOMETHING lIKE tHIS , mATCH iNITIAL cOLOR aND sWAP tHE nEW coLOR.cHIKINA.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2012
Abbott: @seun osewa
Like i mentioned in another thread, let users be able to tag favourite nairalanders and read their comments instead of reading whole pages filled with crap and tribalistic/hateful comments. The tagging can filter by sorting Nairalander by number of posts or by names, cos seems the older nairalanders are more sensible.

Finally, use the colour green in the new NL look. I still love the old nairaland.
All the best.

thats actually the PRIMARY aim of the Friend Request thingy.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2012
freecocoa: Ah him don change him name too?oga o.

Lmaoooo!!!!

Oh gal people dey para na,hin name must change to Mr Lamidi Elewa agoyin ooo.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ACM10: 10:57am On Mar 11, 2012
Abbott: @seun osewa

All the best.

I disagree. You can as well scroll past the poster u disagrees with. Variation in opinions is the beauty of online forum. Any day Seun introduces discriminatory changes on this site is the day I'll leave for good. Trust me, many others will follow
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2012
Raxxye: Mr Segun, I sincerely prefer our regular Nairaland to this one. Since I logged in and saw this this morning, the usual enthusiasm to go to Nairaland just went really low. How about adding a few more features to Nairaland1(if you are really bent on making changes), without completely changing it. If I knew ur dad or any of your older relative, I would have begged him/her to talk to you, ‘cause I‘m really sad!

Oga pls do all u can to help Elewa.

Ur first point of help shud b his village,dey are doing dis guy serious things oo.

Imagine make person dey enter okada for 2mins journey,now tell me if d people doing dis guy no dey use wi-fi.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by soluwunmi(m): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun pleeeease work on ur colours,...use colours with lower hues dan this,...dis pallette is too sharp and blinding,...nd pls nairaland needs a symbol or an icon we can have on BB.In summary,This change is awesome but d colors r not. Thank you..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by soluwunmi(m): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun pleeeease work on ur colours,...use colours with lower hues dan this,...dis pallette is too sharp and blinding,...nd pls nairaland needs a symbol or an icon we can have on BB.In summary,This change is awesome but d colors r not. Thank you..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Raxxye(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2012

No mind me jare, na d frustration make me 4get him name. Abeg help me beg am,Freecocoa. See how my Sunday morning take spoil finish. Na wa o!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Lmaoooo!!!!

Oh gal people dey para na,hin name must change to Mr Lamidi Elewa agoyin ooo.
I don tire for Seun I swear,its obvious the thing wey dey do am no be ordinary.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Excelboi(m): 11:08am On Mar 11, 2012
This is affecting my eyes. Atlast, i guess its time to vist here less often. Pls we want back NL.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2012
I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!
It SUCKS 4 sure nd i hate dis new site wit a passion. Its too colourful making it luk lyk a child's story book. Pls Seun, this one is too BAD!! Fire back 2 NL1 plsssss
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Damix007(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2012
SEUN, SEUN, SEUN.....

How many times have i called you so?

This is my candid observation.

The change is welcome.

However, it is better on mobile devices than on a computer. The colors are too bright and the general layout looks kinda amateurish. Personally, i would want you to maintain NL2.0 for mobile devices and work on the general outlook so that it looks better than how it looks at the moment.

More grease to your elbow.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Raxxye(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Oga pls do all u can to help Elewa.

Ur first point of help shud b his village,dey are doing dis guy serious things oo.

Imagine make person dey enter okada for 2mins journey,now tell me if d people doing dis guy no dey use wi-fi.

Nna mehn, see me see wahala o. I think fasting n prayer might just do him some good. Or do we flog him with palm-fronts like it‘s done in white garment churches? My Nairaland o **sobs*
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Iranoladun(f): 11:16am On Mar 11, 2012
This Nairaland 2.0 colour theme/ combination is not good. Let the designer blend in the colours.

I like the description/summary of all the boards except "Politics" what has politics section got to do with Nigerian being giant of Africa? Seun please you and the Politics section Moderators should review this, but if you need help please holla!

Where are all the smileys? Font editing buttons?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Tos87(m): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2012
pls we need to be surffing NL with fun......plssssssss,the fun is dieing with this new look for NL,...if u cant ucher in the Old,make the new more FACINATING....mtchew!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2012
Raxxye:

No mind me jare, na d frustration make me 4get him name. Abeg help me beg am,Freecocoa. See how my Sunday morning take spoil finish. Na wa o!
I don dey here dey shout since morning,that dude is just being arrogant,people kicked against this NL2 in the first beta phase and he still went ahead to do what he wants,well na him get site but him dey forget say na we dey bring traffic.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun:

Can you explain what you mean by HTML view? The new site is designed to look good on laptops and phones.

Very simple. Carry out this experiment:

Get a blackberry with Opera mini installed on it. Open www.nairaland.com and see how ugly it looks.

Before this change, immediately one logs into nairaland, the webpage has an extremely ugly appearance (like this present one) but there is a link (red letters) that notify: "full HTML view" and when this is clicked, it takes you to the beautiful nairaland page we knew before with animations and pictures.

This present one can't even display pictures. It is so ugly, garish and picture-less.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by PeeBee: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2012
Just like I imagined, this change would be forced on us. I just hope they modify some features cos it would be terrible if someone already thinks 'this' is a masterpiece.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:29am On Mar 11, 2012
Raxxye:

Nna mehn, see me see wahala o. I think fasting n prayer might just do him some good. Or do we flog him with palm-fronts like it‘s done in white garment churches? My Nairaland o **sobs*

All u need to do his locate his village,Elewa dey dia inside calabash dey cough money for Jonathan,cant u see dey share d same similarities in terms of decision making.

Enemies feasting on dis guys brain shud liv him ooo

*Badosky resumes prayers MFM style*

Oh Lord of signs and wonders,locate Elewa and draw his senses out of dat calabash.

Fire of d Holy Ghost consume d demons on his case ooo

Eliiiiiiii Ja Jehovah Mimo baba!

Cocoa close ur eyes na, I don resume prayers o.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

All u need to do his locate his village,Elewa dey dia inside calabash dey cough money for Jonathan,cant u see dey share d same similarities in terms of decision making.

Oh Lord of signs and wonders,locate Elewa and draw his senses out of dat calabash.

Fire of d Holy Ghost consume d demons on his case ooo

Eliiiiiiii Ja Jehovah Mimo baba!

Cocoa close ur eyes na, I don resume prayers o.

I don close eyes but we need to
Occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy nairaland,occupy naraland.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by zannie(f): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2012
Yea its rily nice for phones, but the colour themes r dull, jst like some ppl said. D new features like trending and friends r cool too
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun if you are such a good script writer and wanted to have your own scripted nairaland, why didnt you build something that would atleast have the colours and structure of the old nairaland?? I know some coders here will gladly help you if you ask. Remember nairaland is made up by the members not you, listen to the voice of the people o!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Tos87(m): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2012
dat CoLoUr isnt there....DA NiJa colour.....GRRrrrrrrrEeeeeeeeNNNnnnnnnnn!!!!...thats what i mean Seun.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by phlame(m): 11:39am On Mar 11, 2012
IT SUCKS!!!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Raxxye(m): 11:40am On Mar 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

LWKMD. But seriously him name don change to Elewa? Everything just dey change d same time.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by LailaIkeji1: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun dear. There are more hates than likes. For peace to reign, just change it abeg
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by lifestyle1(m): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2012
Why are we so concerned about colors ? no offense meant,are we kids ? undecided as for me the forum now look matured and well organized, if you have any suggestion tell the owner and i am sure he will listen to you instead of condemning the whole efforts. And please don't complain about colors anymore. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road / Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today / Please What Does "Yinmu Yinmu" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.