Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? (14410 Views)

Advice On Int Passport / Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction / Lost Passport How To Get A New Int Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by iloike(m): 7:13am On Mar 15, 2012
My question is base on what i'm expriecing. My 1.7 year old son suppose to do his international passport and when they get to immigration office, i was told my son can not allow because he is not of age. I begin to wonder. Is there an age limit for int. passport in Nigeria?
I will like someone in the house to tell me the expriece on getting one for there kid. thanks
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by queenyetty09(f): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2012
maybe it's because u r doing it in naija. I got a naija passport for my 2mths old son in joburg without any stress
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by iloike(m): 8:19am On Mar 15, 2012
I wonder if is new law, because when i did my. i saw a woman and her baby (not more than six month) i mean i saw the baby snap passport there. although i'm not in Nigga can i really do it outside when he in?
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by ade80: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2012
I got my baby's passport when she was 20 days old
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by marcus1234: 9:03am On Mar 15, 2012
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by ade80: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2012
marcus1234: i thught u have to be at least 6 months old[img]http://2.s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=E6E6E5/txt=E6E6E5/border=E6E6E5/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]
[img]http://s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=E6E6E5/txt=E6E6E5/border=E6E6E5/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]

I don't think so I actually applied immediately after the naming, taking the picture was hell cause the girl refused to open her eyes and we had to wait until she was awake.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by WebSurfer(m): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2012
its not limited to any age..
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by eghost247(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2012
anybody can get a passport
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by iloike(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2012
May be this another form of extortion. what do you think?
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Sammiejo: 10:08am On Mar 15, 2012
There are no age limits.I got my babys' @ 2 months @ the Ikoyi Immgration office.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by aboyaji(m): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2012
Sammiejo: There are no age limits.I got my babys' @ 2 months @ the Ikoyi Immgration office.
and how much is that?
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by stepo707: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2012
iloike: My question is base on what i'm expriecing. My 1.7 year old son suppose to do his international passport and when they get to immigration office, i was told my son can not allow because he is not of age. I begin to wonder. Is there an age limit for int. passport Nigeria?
I will like someone in the house to tell me the expriece on getting one for there kid. thanks

Maybe they didn't understand you.i know some one that recently for his 1year old and 2 year old children
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by member67023: 10:42am On Mar 15, 2012
iloike: My question is base on what i'm expriecing. My 1.7 year old son suppose to do his international passport and when they get to immigration office, i was told my son can not allow because he is not of age. I begin to wonder. Is there an age limit for int. passport Nigeria?
Which immigration office told you this? Either you met a trainee who does not know the right information or they want you to bribe them.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Jemibee: 10:42am On Mar 15, 2012
We applied for our son when he was barely 2weeks old. But since it was done outside 9ja, at the 9ja embassy, they claimed it was to be issued in abuja. We didn't get it until 2mths later. It carries his 2wks old pic and they didn't object to the idea at all.

With the new biometric passport, a kid can no longer be attached to his mom's passport. So i don't undstd when 9ja immigration is trying to explain to u.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by lond07: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2012
I got mine for my daughter at 3 months at Ikoyi office of the NIS

The officer asked how old she was and I replied 3 months. He nodded Ok
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2012
@ Op, they need Egunje to answer u
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by iloike(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2012
nakedwire:
Which immigration office told you this? Either you met a trainee who does not know the right information or they want you to bribe them.
Immigration office in Owerri in Imo state
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by member479760: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2012
i feel you, bribe dem!
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by kristiansmart: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2012
We applied for our son when he was barely 2weeks old. But since it was done outside 9ja, at the 9ja embassy, they claimed it was to be issued in abuja. We didn't get it until 2mths later.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by blank(f): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2012
My baby was 2 months about a year ago when I did it in Ikoyi.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Olorunwa1: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Highly ridiculous.Pls dig further. Talk 2 dere bosses.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by omoabike: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2012
@OP
You can get passport at any age. I have had to get passports for 2 of my kids when they were less than 1 year and had not had to bribe anybody as some people are insinuating.
The only thing different is that me and my wife had been present at the passport office.
I think you need to find out more what is the issue. I have a feeling it is because you are not there at the passport office with the mother.
So you may need to find out how you the father would need to legally give your consent for him to get passport.
When it comes to kid getting passports the authorities; because of child trafficking tend to be stricter than for when getting passport for an adult.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by KokoBeware: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
Bros i doubt u really went to an immigratioin office... no one will tell u that..
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by menek(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
How long do the processing? How much does it cost? I want to get one. If u hv any idea drop.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by omega25red(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
i had a passport when i was 4 years old.

poster look for a different passport office. or ask them to show you were it is written that 17yr olds can't have a passport.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by iloike(m): 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
omoabike: @OP
You can get passport at any age. I have had to get passports for 2 of my kids when they were less than 1 year and had not had to bribe anybody as some people are insinuating.
The only thing different is that me and my wife had been present at the passport office.
I think you need to find out more what is the issue. I have a feeling it is because you are not there at the passport office with the mother.
So you may need to find out how you the father would need to legally give your consent for him to get passport.
When it comes to kid getting passports the authorities; because of child trafficking tend to be stricter than for when getting passport for an adult.
Thanks bros' i think you got it there. but is the mother not enough evidence and marriage certificate too.
And what do you advice me to do?
thanks man!
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Madcow(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2012
Its 'Passport' not 'International Passport'
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by hardbody: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
^^^^^Lol, Bro, u r wrong oo, methink it is international passport as against the everyday passport you take with ur camera in cafes and business centres. The 9ja version is called the Ecowas passport and when last i checked, i saw parents with kids of less than one year getting their stuff sorted out
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by eemmason(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2012
omega25red: i had a passport when i was 4 years old.

poster look for a different passport office. or ask them to show you were it is written that 17yr olds can't have a passport.
he said 1.7yrs old meaning one year and seven months, better get a reading glass if you can't see clearly!
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by tEsLim(m): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
I sabi the guy. The guy na stingy guy jare. Come our office I tell ham say make him drop 5k make take arrange everything. Him dey ask of official bank account. Well make him go dey look for bank account na. Him for even collect my immigy uniform do my job for me. yeye person. Pay express 18k make I do ham. LOL (just kidding --- there is no age limit). You probably didn't dance to the bribery tune.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by blank(f): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
For the baby, you need a copy of the father's passport, his picture and letter of consent. The mother going there is to hold the baby cos they do not need anything from the mum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tourist Centre In Nigeria / More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos / Bad Roads In Lagos: Residents, Motorists Groan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.