Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? (14469 Views)

Advice On Int Passport / Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction / Lost Passport How To Get A New Int Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by omoabike: 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2012
iloike:
Thanks bros' i think you got it there. but is the mother not enough evidence and marriage certificate too.
And what do you advice me to do?
thanks man!

I will advise you get what Blank mentioned above. In addition, I think it would help if you could get the letter of consent notarized. Your wife would then go there with these documents.
I think this would be enough. Your marriage certificate does not guide against your wife travelling with the child without your consent once she has obtain passport for the child. Hence why they ask for this consent. The issue of a spouse absconding with children from the marriage when there are marital problems is real worldwide and asking for all these documents is not peculiar to Nigeria as I have a child who also have another country passport in addition to the Nigerian passport and the requirements are similar.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by IdiAmin2(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2012
Maybe he wan make you settle.

Abi you no be Nigerian again? Bring brown envelope and your son will get his passport.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by kamikazzi(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
pls poster dont blame the immigration guys. I think they didnt want you traveling abroad because you will give Nigeria a bad image with your rotten English
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by mmkamson(m): 3:58am On Mar 16, 2012
omoabike: @OP
You can get passport at any age. I have had to get passports for 2 of my kids when they were less than 1 year and had not had to bribe anybody as some people are insinuating.
The only thing different is that me and my wife had been present at the passport office.
I think you need to find out more what is the issue. I have a feeling it is because you are not there at the passport office with the mother.
So you may need to find out how you the father would need to legally give your consent for him to get passport.
When it comes to kid getting passports the authorities; because of child trafficking tend to be stricter than for when getting passport for an adult.
On Point
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2012
Seen a passport done for a day old baby. Was weird but it was right before my eyes. Don't bribe them. Rake for them and ask to see whoever's in charge.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by billtommy(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2012
Hello pals,pls am a student and I need an international passport urgently,I need help with the documents required as well as the cost.I will appreciate any help.thanks
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by TheArbiter: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2012
Blank's procedure is the official position. Confirmed it at the immigration office. And dont forget the child's birth certificate.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Slizbeat(m): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2012
there are two types of passport. The children passport and the normal int'l passport you know. Ur baby is to be issued with the children passport, wn he is of age, he would be requested to renew it to the normal. There is no age restriction to getting an int'l passport.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by ChefMike(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2012
I believe you must have spoken with one of those taut in the immigration officer.Go back there try to inquire from uniform officer seated in an office.Try 2 to 3 officers because some of the officers are not enlighten enough.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by omega25red(m): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
eemmason: he said 1.7yrs old meaning one year and seven months, better get a reading glass if you can't see clearly!
how about you drop dead and stop being such a smart azz for a simple mistake.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by blank(f): 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2012
Slizbeat: there are two types of passport. The children passport and the normal int'l passport you know. Ur baby is to be issued with the children passport, wn he is of age, he would be requested to renew it to the normal. There is no age restriction to getting an int'l passport.

Please, this is false or old information. The one for kids is the same as the one for adults. No difference.

The info i gave before is 100% correct. You can imagine my shock and displeasure when they told me that a kid can only be a citizen (obtain passport through the father and not through the mother). I ended up spending extra money at the business center trying to get my husband to scan the info needed.
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by eemmason(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
omega25red: how about you drop dead and stop being such a smart azz for a simple mistake.
‎‏ ‏i'm still living, if u wanna die, the choice is yours.....
Re: How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
I will say as young or old to travel

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: / Jet Fuel Now ₦670 Per Litre From ₦170 - Airline Operators Cry Out / Air Peace To Begin London Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.