Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare (11001 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by ochukoccna: 7:36am On Jan 14, 2013
Convener, Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has accused some church leaders in the country of aiding and abetting corruption.

The Serving Overseer of The Latter Rain Assembly also said some churches not only encourage and harbour corrupt individuals, but also receive ill-gotten money from them.

He said this while delivering a speech in preparation for the first anniversary of the Occupy Nigeria Protest in Lagos on Sunday.

He said, “The church has failed the nation. Worst oppression is going on in the churches today. Most churches encourage corrupt leaders by failing to tell them the truth and collecting their money.”

Speaking on the theme, ‘Corruption and the Soul of the Nation’, the lawyer regretted that corruption had robbed the country of the chance to realise its potential.

He said, “It cripples a nation’s character and drains her of substance. We are confronted daily with news and reports of executive corruption in high places, assaulted with a legal system that has long lost respect for the sacredness of justice.

“We have resorted to worshipping and preserving certain sacred cows and even their sires. We have a social system that makes a mockery of a country and her feeble efforts at self-reclamation to the end that even her entire existence becomes a running joke.

“This is not mere alarmism. Our country has long been distorted by corruption and it has progressively eroded her strength and undermined her potential.”

Bakare reiterated his call for the convening of a national conference, saying it would help solve some of the country’s socio-economic and political problems.

Recalling the protest against the fuel subsidy removal in January last year, the Congress for Progressive Change’s Vice-Presidential candidate for the 2011 presidential election said it was a collective resolve by Nigerians to fight against injustice and oppression.

He said, “The protest was unprecedented that Nigerians across the country, irrespective of religion and ethnic identification, resisted the subsidy removal on such a scale.

“From a little band of people who began to protest and clamour that Nigeria must be occupied, it steadily grew into a mammoth movement as each one told his neighbour that this was a chance to snatch our country back. While it lasted, people were energised. They wanted to question the answers they already had on the state of affairs in the country.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pastors-encouraging-corrupt-leaders-bakare/

9 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by ochukoccna: 7:49am On Jan 14, 2013
No need to mention names
Just read the soft sell mags,open the newspaper pages&watch your TV screens to know them
John the Baptist,Moses,Elijah, Samuel even Jesus lamblasted the political heavyweights of their days
Our own 'men of God' annoint our civil leaders to loot more,fight each other to pose with them for pictures and all manner of belittling behaviours
I once read of one who called himself 'spiritual adviser to the president' on his complimentary card
No wonder OBJ said he thought he'd have help when 'men of God' rallied around him in 1999 but later found out those who rallied round him where business men&contractors.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 14, 2013
It is also corruption ; when religious leaders refuse to say d truth , prevaricate or pander to interests favourable to them at d expense of d masses.
Pastor Bakare, u speak d truth most times, but, i am still waiting for u to condemn d killing of corpers in d north after u & Gen Buhari lost an election in 2011. Has d incident not been brought to ur notice or do u speak selective truth?

8 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by lanrefront1(m): 8:04am On Jan 14, 2013
All he is saying is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by GARRIx7(m): 8:12am On Jan 14, 2013
Once again, BAKARE scores a Hat-trick!!!

Good one!!

You truly deserve your place in the HALL OF FAME...

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 8:16am On Jan 14, 2013
ochukoccna: No need to mention names
Just read the soft sell mags,open the newspaper pages&watch your TV screens to know them
John the Baptist,Moses,Elijah, Samuel even Jesus lamblasted the political heavyweights of their days

Can you site any scriptures to back your claims?
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by seanet01: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

Even me as a Muslim can do that.
You want some quotes?
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2013
Bakare! Bakare!! Bakare!!! this ought u to have done but not to leave the others undone. whats your calling? conniving with politicians to fix the country i guess. i suppose your kingdom is of this world
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by skak(m): 9:05am On Jan 14, 2013
na corruption that mek their bele go big... What a pity! So sorry to their followers. Pastors worship nothing other than Money
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Okijajuju1(m): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2013
Well Said
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 9:09am On Jan 14, 2013
seanet01: Even me as a Muslim can do that.
You want some quotes?
Yes I do. I won't even mind some from the Quran.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by ukpaku: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2013
Pastor u are on point once again,u will long to reap the fruit of ur labour
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Kolababa: 9:12am On Jan 14, 2013
I dont know why some pple are so daft like this. Reuben Abatti pointed an accussing finger at Buhari over the 2011 Post Election violence and Buhari went to court. Now the Presidency is begging Buhari for settlement out of court over this because they have no fact linking Buhari to it as evident from the Lemo Panel Report. Now another educated illiterate nairalander is repeating the same blunder his master in Aso Rock committed that is making him to beg Buhari now.

10 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2013
Oga! Don't stress yourself, it has been like that from time immemorial, even Judas Iscariot betrayed our Lord Jesus Christ, however, you still have point though. Well said.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by 2HASUM(m): 9:18am On Jan 14, 2013
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL THEM, AND OBVIOUSLY THEY WILL NOT HEED BECAUSE OF THE ANOINTING AND GLORY BE TO GOD THAT THE PERSON SPEAKING IS FROM THE CAMP OF JESUS IS LORD
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2013
The problem's not Christianity, per se...

Just a bunch of greedy people milking the blood of Jesus for all it's worth...

Throw in the superstitious Nollywood movies, illiteracy, fear and monumental government failure, then you'll get the Nigerians of today..

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by nagoma(m): 9:21am On Jan 14, 2013
utumunta: It is also corruption ; when religious leaders refuse to say d truth , prevaricate or pander to interests favourable to them at d expense of d masses.
Pastor Bakare, u speak d truth most times, but, i am still waiting for u to condemn d killing of corpers in d north after u & Gen Buhari lost an election in 2011. Has d incident not been brought to ur notice or do u speak selective truth?

The killing of corpers in Bauchi was Terrible tragedy that we cannot forget. Indeed even the killing of many other innocent people at election time around the country. But to link it to Buhari's loss is simply mischievous . This was the do or die fight by PDP to secure Bauchi and truly they ( PDP) sacrificed the corpers to get that state. You think the Masses in Bauchi State love Jonathan that much ? Please be honest.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 14, 2013
What do you expect when the president has bought their conscience with money.

[img]http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkgYFX1SOJTNO7eMIdPtWDRbyMyyoeeceiDN_NLhWGrSIZoSoZvSeKAw[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

The killing of corpers in Bauchi was Terrible tragedy that we cannot forget. Indeed even the killing of many other innocent people at election time around the country. But to link it to Buhari's loss is simply mischievous . This was the do or die fight by PDP to secure Bauchi and truly they ( PDP) sacrificed the corpers to get that state. You think the Masses in Bauchi State love Jonathan that much ? Please be honest.

What about his refusal to condemn the killings or his silence in the face of the killings even when it was obvious the murderers were his supporters? I'm sure you'll find a way to blame that on the PDP also wouldn't you? You really think I'm surprised you're defending him? No sir, your thinking is just as warped as his.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by banki(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

What about his refusal to condemn the killings or his silence in the face of the killings even when it was obvious the murderers were his supporters? I'm sure you'll find a way to blame that on the PDP also wouldn't you? You really think I'm surprised you're defending him? No sir, your thinking is just as warped as his.

mmm.... who takes the blame for all the people that have died as a result of the bad state of our federal roads even after monies have been budgeted and disbursed, who takes the blame for millions of nigerians that have died becuase the health system has been in a rot for the past ten years?

Who takes the blame for the corpers that died on thier way to deliver electoral materials as a result of bad roads, who takes the blame for the hundreds of people that died during the stampede in port harcourt during the campaign where people died while the were sharing money....

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by lacasa: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2013
If i were a Christian, this man would be my Pastor cool
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by nagoma(m): 9:48am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

You are really shallow and programmed. Buhari had nothing to do with those murders. PDP wanted the state by hook or by crook . They did take it by the crook and those murders were part of the sacrifices PDP made. And Jonathan paid blood money to relatives. Where were you?

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by thelastPope(m): 9:51am On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

I don't want to derail the thread but please don't try to distort the facts. The killers kept shouting sai Buhari! You can't change that fact. But that is not the topic of this thread so let's not derail the thread.

Am not a Bakare fan but I completely concur that the preachers are encouraging and in fact, promoting corruption. It is just sad.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 9:55am On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

You are really shallow and programmed. Buhari had nothing to do with those murders. PDP wanted the state by hook or by crook . They did take it by the crook and those murders were part of the sacrifices PDP made. And Jonathan paid blood money to relatives. Where were you?

So why didn't Buhari do the little he could to stop the killing of innocent corp members? Why didn't he think for a second that the killings might be as a direct consequence of the sabre rattling he indulged in in the days leading up to the election? Like I said, your thought process is just about as warped as Buhari's, I don't expect you to see he's got the blood of those people on his head.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by ochukoccna: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

wesley80:

Christ called Herod a fox
Moses stood up to Pharaoh
Elijah took on Ahab for confisticating Naboth's vineyard&killing him.Infact Ahab called Elijah his enemy
Samuel rebuked Saul the king for doing a priest's duty i.e. sacrificing before the people
John the baptist was imprisoned for rebuking Herod who took his brother's wife
Jeremiah was imprisoned for rebuking Zedekiah for his evil conduct
Micaiah (the son of Imlah) who Ahab hated for not giving him favorable prophesies which condoned his evil ways like our elite too
Average bible students know all the above& where they at for that's why I put their names there in my initial post
Google can help you out if you are really interested&not just asking with mischief at the back of your mind

8 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by jmaine: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

Brother Nagoma, Please kindly elucidate on the following points

1) The Corp members died due to a riot by Buhari supporters cos he lost at the polls, are you trying to say the PDP who lost resoundingly to Buhari at the presidential poll still took it by crook ( See below)

Taking it by crook simply means they cheated and won the polls there (Bauchi State).

CPC had a total of ==> 1,315,209
PDP had a total of ==> 258,404

2) Are you also insinuating that the FG decision to pay some form of compensation to the bereaved families is a direct indictment of the PDP regarding the Corp Members brutal murder ? . . .
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 10:23am On Jan 14, 2013
ochukoccna:

Christ called Herod a fox
Moses stood up to Pharaoh
Elijah took on Ahab for confisticating Naboth's vineyard&killing him.Infact Ahab called Elijah his enemy
Samuel rebuked Saul the king for doing a priest's duty i.e. sacrificing before the people
John the baptist was imprisoned for rebuking Herod who took his brother's wife
Jeremiah was imprisoned for rebuking Zedekiah for his evil conduct
Micaiah (the son of Imlah) who Ahab hated for not giving him favorable prophesies which condoned his evil ways like our elite too
Average bible students know all the above& where they at for that's why I put their names there in my initial post
Google can help you out if you are really interested&not just asking with mischief at the back of your mind

Very well done, clap! clap!!
Now which of those confrontations had political undertones? Which of those Religious leaders had at anytime gotten themselves mirred in politics? Which of them "EVER" bothered about political leadership? All the examples you mentioned were moral. Even Christ in the days of ruthless Roman rule refused to get involved in politics. King Ahab was a ruthless political leader but Elijah only bothered about Baal and Jezebel's love for gods. John the Baptist only condemned Herod for taking his brothers wife and so on. Religion and Politics never mix, ask the early Catholics.
My point? Bakare has lost the capacity and goodwill of being Nigeria's moral voice. He cannot speak without his voice seemingly laced with political undertones, it doesn't matter how truthful he sounds.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by honeric01(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2013
jmaine:

Brother Nagoma, Please kindly elucidate on the following points

1) The Corp members died due to a riot by Buhari supporters cos he lost at the polls, are you trying to say the PDP who lost resoundingly to Buhari at the presidential poll still took it by crook ( See below)

Taking it by crook simply means they cheated and won the polls there (Bauchi State).

CPC had a total of ==> 1,315,209
PDP had a total of ==> 258,404

2) Are you also insinuating that the FG decision to pay some form of compensation to the bereaved families is a direct indictment of the PDP regarding the Corp Members brutal murder ? . . .

PDP only needed 25% from Bauchi, winning Bauchi or any northern state (core) would have been impossible for PDP to explain even to blind men.

They conspired with INEC in registering under-aged voters, used these voters to vote PDP while using few hundreds/thousands to vote for CPC as a bait/blackmail. (they took pictures and video to support this blackmail) a calculated deceit by the ruling party since they know most Nigerians are swallow thinkers.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by honeric01(m): 10:27am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

Very well done, clap! clap!!
Now which of those confrontations had political undertones? Which of those Religious leaders had at anytime gotten themselves mirred in politics? Which of them "EVER" bothered about political leadership? All the examples you mentioned were moral. Even Christ in the days of ruthless Roman rule refused to get involved in politics. King Ahab was a ruthless political leader but Elijah only bothered about Baal and Jezebel's love for gods. John the Baptist only condemned Herod for taking his brothers wife and so on. Religion and Politics never mix, ask the early Catholics.
My point? Bakare has lost the capacity and goodwill of being Nigeria's moral voice. He cannot speak without his voice seemingly laced with political undertones, it doesn't matter how truthful he sounds.

Samuel was a Judge
Moses was like a prime minister, are these not political offices?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Convicted For Trying To Smuggle Nigerian Baby / Yorubas Have Now Abandoned Buhari & Calling For Their Son Osinbajo To Take Over / Banditry: Zamfara Announces Total ‘Lockdown’ In 3 LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.