Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) (19402 Views)

Poll: Best place to live in the Eastern Nigeria

Enugu: 52% (41 votes)
Port Hacourt: 7% (6 votes)
Owerri: 26% (21 votes)
Awka: 2% (2 votes)
Calabar: 10% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

I Will Relocate Back To East If Apc Win Lagos State Again- Ifeduba / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ifysimple(f): 9:20am On Mar 17, 2012
As you re talking about the east, ENUGU is the place. But please stop looking for US in Nigeria
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by jesse8048(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2012
Toaskarity: Op is your village not quite ? hire some cheap labourers and they clear a plot of land then go and buy goal post(your stadium is done). you can be visiting the city in your state or nearby every weekend for your shopping and chick(villgae girls are good too just that they are mostly ugly)

as you dey chose where to live,remember 2015

Remember 2015 as u chose that's the most important.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by zannie(f): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2012
I've lived in Enugu all my life. Only moved to Lagos a year ago for my service. Enugu has all the features u listed, and more. Its serene, peaceful. The polo park mall which jst opened is jst like d Palms. There's Roban stores and another mini mall which jst opened in Ogui Road too. The road network is perfect. Its topography is wonderful too, so u won't see all the drainage problems Lagos has in Enugu, cos of the undulating and hilly nature. Its also good for kids, I know I turned out right. Lol. I'd advise u to do more research though

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by jesse8048(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2012
Toaskarity: Op is your village not quite ? hire some cheap labourers and they clear a plot of land then go and buy goal post(your stadium is done). you can be visiting the city in your state or nearby every weekend for your shopping and chick(villgae girls are good too just that they are mostly ugly)

as you dey chose where to live,remember 2015

2015 the most IMPORTTANT
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by scriptwizz: 9:40am On Mar 17, 2012
ZUBY77: Planning To Relocate To East

I want to live in Eastern Nigeria. I have heard about PH, Awka, Enugu, and Owerri. I like quiet and well planned cities with good road networks, less pollution, standard super malls, airport, stadium, good hospital, night clubs/life and all those things that Americans enjoy. Which city in the east can accommodate my desires?

MY DEAR RELOCATE TO ENUGU. ITS A DECENT CITY, I CAN BET ON THAT.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by crackhouse(m): 9:59am On Mar 17, 2012
One_Naira:

In what way is Onitsha extending to Asaba?
If you mean like migration thus overcrowding then no, I do not see it that way. I see it as a great movement for both sides. The behavior is reciprocal on both sides: many of onichaians are residing and working in Asaba just like there are tons of Asabians working and residing in Onitsha. The result of this interaction is unity, infrastructure, and development among others thus IMO it is a good thing and I wish they continue this movement.
did u say onichaians?. Na wa o.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Machini(m): 10:06am On Mar 17, 2012
Why is nobody mentioning Aba and Umuahia @OP: I think u shuld consider Aba too.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ZUBY77(m): 10:08am On Mar 17, 2012
Enugu is where i am looking for based on all the posts here. Thanks guys. @freecocoa, see you in Enugu in two or three months.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by OneNaira6: 10:10am On Mar 17, 2012
crackhouse: did u say onichaians?. Na wa o.

Yeah that's my word.

You got a problem with that?
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by onyengbu: 10:15am On Mar 17, 2012
No one has even said anything about Awka. grin grin grin

So una don abandon Awka for us and Peter Obi? cheesy Ngwanu, make una de run go live for enugu while we wey dey here de buy up all the available lands hare in Awka.

Someday when a sane government returns to Anambra and start developing Awka. That time you guys will start paying through your nostrils for small piece of land.

Awka is dry, unplanned, filled with bad road network yet untapped and we wey dey here de enjoy am as e dey so!
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by LogicMind: 10:20am On Mar 17, 2012
Onitsha is the best place to be in the east if you hate boredom. All those other places may look good but they are full of lazy boring people. You may like it the first few weeks but afterwards, the law of diminishing return sets in. In Onitsha, there's always something happening somewhere, always something to do. Very easy to make money. Your offsprings brought up in onitsha are generally wiser than their counterparts in every other city.

So, if you want a live city, go to onitsha. If you want a retirement home, go to enugu or calabar.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ICEMAN(m): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2012
I Live in Port Harcourt. Trust me unless U're into prostitutes in terms of nightlife or U have some form of investment opportunity that does not require government assistance to startup or grow. Or last but not least unlesasa U work for an oil company or Bank. Port Harcourt has nothing to offer you.Security is also extremely poor. If there are investment or job opportunities in other cities or cities like Calabar,Uyo or Owerri. Those states are saafer,cleaner and have decent levels of nightlife. Ph is only good when U have a good job or a high yield investment. Outside that forget it.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Mr9iceGuy(m): 10:26am On Mar 17, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] cheesy have you heard about enyimba city, its the right place to be, check it out
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by MrGlobe(m): 10:34am On Mar 17, 2012
onye_ngbu*:
No one has even said anything about Awka. grin grin grin

So una don abandon Awka for us and Peter Obi? cheesy Ngwanu, make una de run go live for enugu while we wey dey here de buy up all the available lands hare in Awka.

Someday when a sane government returns to Anambra and start developing Awka. That time you guys will start paying through your nostrils for small piece of land.

Awka is dry, unplanned, filled with bad road network yet untapped and we wey dey here de enjoy am as e dey so!
lol... 'Someday when a sane government returns'. Awka is a disgrace. I just hope Anambra people will not be foolish enough not to vote soludo in 2014 to fix that mess.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by freecocoa(f): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2012
ZUBY77: Enugu is where i am looking for based on all the posts here. Thanks guys. @freecocoa, see you in Enugu in two or three months.
Err m mm i don't reside in enugu o per say but i'm there a lot sha so no wahala.smiley
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by onyengbu: 10:44am On Mar 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol... 'Someday when a sane government returns'. Awka is a disgrace. I just hope Anambra people will not be foolish enough not to vote soludo in 2014 to fix that mess.

As if we voted Peter Obi in the last election
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Konnektions146(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2012
i am from Enugu, schooled and grew up in de state, Enugu is a very well planned city, quite, very affordable and access to almost all u need to live a decent peaceful life. good school for yur kids, good and affordable boutique, stocked malls/supermarket, airport, one of the best road network in nigeria, hotels and pubs.

i currently live and work in uyo, akwa ibom, i hear people sayin uyo is de best, uyo is one of the fastest developing town and not good enough to absorb the influx of people , thus becomin an issue with traffic, hold ups and all that and even so expensive.

owerri can be very annoyin with traffic but considering wat de governor is doin, de town is improving

PH is just so crazily annoying, if u need a quiet place, thats not an option

calabar is not cheap as people say,

OP,
in all i ve said above, Enugu is and still remain de best around here.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by drnoel: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2012
I was raised in Lagos, but schooled and worked in most of the south -East, south-southern states. So I got 2 know most of these palces very well. I would recommend owerri cos of its peace and quiet and if its fun u want, the city rocks, the girls are fine and willing. U'd have a ball there if u got a nice car and some cash 2 burn. Aba was nice, but their nightlife can't be compared 2 owerri, besides Aba city has some crude things about it. I won't recommend u live in aba, but if u stay in Owerri u can always go 2 aba or PH to party (we used 2 do that a lot). Calabar and Uyo was where most of my friends while we where in the University a long time ago lost their Virginity. This places will take ur breathe away, life is very nice there but too dull and slow 4 a guy like me who grew-up in Lagos. Their party life is just nice, but the girls, men the girls. That was an experience.
Enugu, can be fun too, and I actually enjoyed a few moments there. If its drinking u want 2 do, then Enugu is the place. If its party and girls, em may be u try another place. Awka and Umuahia, really should not be in the map at all. Its depressing to go to those places. Nothing is happening there, u'd regret it if you go to live there (with all due respect 2 guys that are from there). Onitsha, is another drinking town, night life is not just there.
I don't know about Warri, Delta,or Benin.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by cantell(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2012
drnoel: I was raised in Lagos, but schooled and worked in most of the south -East, south-southern states. So I got 2 know most of these palces very well. I would recommend owerri cos of its peace and quiet and if its fun u want, the city rocks, the girls are fine and willing. U'd have a ball there if u got a nice car and some cash 2 burn. Aba was nice, but their nightlife can't be compared 2 owerri, besides Aba city has some crude things about it. I won't recommend u live in aba, but if u stay in Owerri u can always go 2 aba or PH to party (we used 2 do that a lot). Calabar and Uyo was where most of my friends while we where in the University a long time ago lost their Virginity. This places will take ur breathe away, life is very nice there but too dull and slow 4 a guy like we who grew-up in Lagos. Their party life is just nice, but the girls, men the girls. That was an experience.
Enugu, can be fun too, and I actually enjoyed a few moments there. If its drinking u want 2 do, then Enugu is the place. If its party and girls, em may be u try another place. Awka and Umuahia, really should not be in the map at all. Its depressing to go to those places. Nothing is happening there, u'd regret it if you go to live there (with all due respect 2 guys that are from there). Onitsha, is another drinking town, night life is not just there.
I don't know about Warri, Delta,or Benin.
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by figur: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2012
I'm a corps member currently serving in Enugu nd I find d place very comfortable to settle.I think it has every thing you are looking for in terms of serenity,can't say for d rest of d states but u won't regret choosing Enugu.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by solgee(m): 11:33am On Mar 17, 2012
tigerleggs: East ke! It's already filled up. That why the Ibos are leaving their ancestral land en mass for space. Why not try Maiduguri, Bauchi, Kano or any of the Bokoland. It's lively with Xmas bangers(bombs) and Barca Boys(Bokoboys) I've made reservations for you.
tigerleggs: East ke! It's already filled up. That why the Ibos are leaving their ancestral land en mass for space. Why not try Maiduguri, Bauchi, Kano or any of the Bokoland. It's lively with Xmas bangers(bombs) and Barca Boys(Bokoboys) I've made reservations for you.
LWKMD...bros u ar vry funny...chei my tommy oooo
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2012
Logic Mind: Onitsha is the best place to be in the east if you hate boredom. All those other places may look good but they are full of lazy boring people. You may like it the first few weeks but afterwards, the law of diminishing return sets in. In Onitsha, there's always something happening somewhere, always something to do. Very easy to make money. Your offsprings brought up in onitsha are generally wiser than their counterparts in every other city.

So, if you want a live city, go to onitsha. If you want a retirement home, go to enugu or calabar.

Lol. While Onitsha is one of the busiest and liveliest in the east, the "wiser" part is complete and utter bollocks.

Define wisdom.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Elgaxton(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
ZUBY77: Planning To Relocate To East

I want to live in Eastern Nigeria. I have heard about PH, Awka, Enugu, and Owerri. I like quiet and well planned cities with good road networks, less pollution, standard super malls, airport, stadium, good hospital, night clubs/life and all those things that Americans enjoy. Which city in the east can accommodate my desires?

I have lived in Enugu before and I think its the city that best describes ur criteria above, especially the well planned aspect of it.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by freecocoa(f): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2012
Logic Mind: Onitsha is the best place to be in the east if you hate boredom. All those other places may look good but they are full of lazy boring people. You may like it the first few weeks but afterwards, the law of diminishing return sets in. In Onitsha, there's always something happening somewhere, always something to do. Very easy to make money. Your offsprings brought up in onitsha are generally wiser than their counterparts in every other city.

So you call picking pockets at the slightest chance,smoking igbo,drinking recklessly,womanizing,inability to make one complete and correct sentence in english,no zeal for education, spending money with reckless abandon,teenage pregnancy etc being wise?hmm i must be missing something.undecided

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by beeke(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hmmmm, for d first time in my honey life am blushing like a girl seeing people here recommendation grin grin my home state as d best place to be in d entire SE! oo am loving this guys so so so proud of my state. No doubt again where i will stay and raise my kids wen i finally return to 9ja
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Cdspencer(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
u neva cease 2 amaze me. I believe u are one of the barca boiz. @op north region is cursed! Don't eva show ur face there. Sandastand?
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by teddy2011: 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2012
Please PHC is the worst place to be. The road networks are bad, poor drainage system, be sure to swim rivers everyday to go to work unless u leave in GRA.
Traffic is terrible once it rains cos you can remain on one spot for hrs.
I HATE THIS TOWN WITH PASSION!
The cost of living is high, cos every1 believes you have oil money. Housing is expensive too. And almost the same price with Abuja.
You can hardly save in this town, cos I live here with my hubby. Not a nice place to bring up children. The people are lazy and they specialize in beer parlours and peper soup joint. Thats their own form of recreation. N full of evil.

I have lived in Abuja, lagos (FTown ), n Owerri(NYSC). Been to Enugu, Asaba n Awka. I would recommend Enugu... But they dont have water, depend soley on water board.

Pls dont consider PH at all, it would reduce ur life span. Seriously!

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Yeske2(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2012
One_Naira:

Yeah that's my word.

You got a problem with that?
Don't anglicize the demonym, it is onye onicha or ndi onicha.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by whitechriz(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
ENUGU Is the place u are lookig for I assure you ... you got all u need there ....ENUF ORINGO ..But still very quiet ..

wen are you coming ?

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Yeske2(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2012
One_Naira:

In what way is Onitsha extending to Asaba?
If you mean like migration thus overcrowding then no, I do not see it that way. I see it as a great movement for both sides. The behavior is reciprocal on both sides: many of onichaians are residing and working in Asaba just like there are tons of Asabians working and residing in Onitsha. The result of this interaction is unity, infrastructure, and development among others thus IMO it is a good thing and I wish they continue this movement.
You've summarized what i would had explained.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Kk4(m): 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
irecommend Enugu, its a beautiful n peaceful city. Very westernized too. Good road ntwks, lots of cool places to hangout, pretty gals n level headed guys. Enugu its where u want to relocate to, trust me..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-Governor Of Ondo State, Olusegun Mimiko Returns To Labour Party (Pictures) / Buhari Meets Kwankwaso, Other Senators In Aso Rock / Atiku: Losing 2023 Presidential Election May Lead To Death Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.