Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members (7647 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / Boko Haram Begins Manhunt For Members That ‘betrayed’ Abul Qaqa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by aljharem(m): 3:17am On Mar 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who da hell do you work for? For real!

Meaning ? kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by czay(m): 3:20am On Mar 19, 2012
Another unhealthy nigeria story for her ailing citizenry...corrupt leaders
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by newmaonza: 4:18am On Mar 19, 2012
naijaking1: The Nigerians who demonstrated during the subsidy removal, the NLC, the ASUU, the market women, all should band up and keep demonstrating until the rogue lawmakers stop paying themselves disproportionalty huge salaries. This is about fairness and conscience.
we had d chance with fuel subsidy, but NLC & TUC sold out. . .now we r bck to square 1
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by bighead1(m): 5:27am On Mar 19, 2012
These modafukaz r killing us slowly.
For instance, look at The way that The so called pensioneers people die because of The peanuts that they give out to these people because most of them live On these tiny stipends, still one unfotunate son of a biatch who is going to rot in hell by The grace of The almighty God jam packed his own account with #21 billion or there about, where as many die tue like chickens just to get a very tiny of fraction these money, becase they have served therely nation wholeheartedly in their youthfull and fritfull days.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by iyke648(m): 6:20am On Mar 19, 2012
naijaking1: Legislators' salary is one of the most dangerous threats to the foundation of our democracy. Any situation where employees think and demand as much money from the company treasure as possible is bound fail.
. Hw i wish boko haram are after these political thieves
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by dadicvila(m): 7:38am On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:

Don't mind those ACN apologists. ACN politicians are no different from their PDP counterparts.
if giving the chance the so called acn will even steal more,all they need to do is win a south south state and they are good to go
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by senben(m): 8:12am On Mar 19, 2012
Where is dat lousy Jonathan that claimed dey have cut down allowees of political Office holders dis guyz are all desame bunch of thieves ruling Us tenure in tenure out...yet dem no fit pay common 18,000. Minimum wage....thieves breeeding thieves becos wen de youths get dere don't expect a xange.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by agitator: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2012
The politicians know how to play us against each other. Some smart a -rs e will tell you the politicians are clueless, du mb ar zes. Let us continue to watch events unfold.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by elamx(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2012
This political people don't have mercy for the masses all what they know is their own interest nothing more,this called allowance is much and the masses are suffering.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by Pakavy(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2012
big head: These modafukaz r killing us slowly.
For instance, look at The way that The so called pensioneers people die because of The peanuts that they give out to these people because most of them live On these tiny stipends, still one unfotunate son of a biatch who is going to rot in hell by The grace of The almighty God jam packed his own account with #21 billion or there about, where as many die tue like chickens just to get a very tiny of fraction these money, becase they have served therely nation wholeheartedly in their youthfull and fritfull days.
nigerian airways staff r d worse hit.is ova a decade the company got liquidated yet d retirees have'nt been paid a dime and yet___
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by Pakavy(m): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2012
new maonza: we had d chance with fuel subsidy, but NLC & TUC sold out. . .now we r bck to square 1
when i said it one myopic monkey said make i.go siddon,now nko he we r standing on our toes!!

1 Like

Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by onyengbu: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2012
alj harem: [size=14pt]Dey deceive una self say there should be a demonstration.

Any non-Igbo or Ijaw that demonstrate must be a lunatic. Mumu people they never ever learn

rubbish country[/size]
alj harem:
be deceiving yourself, the only reason people would occupy Nigeria again is to unseat GEJ. Fact

I wonder why the young generation cannot read political moves

If there is a protest again !!!! GEJ is going!!!!! fact

It is the best interest of the tribalistic people not to start a protest.

I am just saying, A word is enough for the wise but if fit put my theory to practise
alj harem:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are no protesting, they are on their right to steal as much as they want since Asari and Ohaneze tribalise the only detribalised Occupation we had in Nigeria in recent years

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! we are not protesting.
alj harem:
Bros, that was what we all though until some people tribalised the issue and it hurt all good thinking free minded Nigerians.

I was aware of Delta and Edo but others was just a disappointment.

To be honest, their would not another protest.

[size=15pt]Keep fooling yourself. Whatever made you think you are speaking for some certain people?

So you seriously believe that people will come here and look for your opinion if they decide to protest for anything?[/size]
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by Funkymallam(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2012
My frnds, this is just d over sight function allowances, not salaries and other multiple allowances, like funiture, petrol, car, maintenance and many more d funniest one i saw there was 'hardship allowance' grin grin .

WTH is HARDSHIP ALLOWANCE?
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by sonyjacobs(m): 10:14am On Mar 19, 2012
Which one be hardship allowance again? i think it is the poor masses dat should be entitle 2 dat hardship alowance. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATHIEF
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by babs4president: 10:25am On Mar 19, 2012
Thru d effort of 1man blacks were liberatd in the US, there4 thru d effort of many jobless people Nigeria can be liberated so if u ar really jobless pls meet me at Freedom Park on Saturday 24 March, 2012 n rememba a woman startd "Arab Spring" we must 4get our difrences n fite dis batle for d generatn of our unborn children. THERE IS NO SUCCESS WITHOUT A FAILURE n in d face of seeming failure we must persere dis is wat I wnt U 2 rememba wen U ar coming
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by Ehisod(m): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2012
Consider the fact that the average Naija man is "OK" if he has a job that can help him manage daily and owns an "I pass my neighbor", any other man trying to call for opposition to all the injustice around is a miscreant and is disturbing others from doing something useful with themselves. Also, no matter what happens without a capable person to lead an unrest we will not be able to detonate this gunpowder keg called Nigeria we thought we had found it in SNG, NLC, etc during the occupy Nigeria days but it was not to be. We are just as cowardly as the Egyptians and Chinese, just being normal humans resonating with the few people who are gifted with leadership abilities and charisma, the people can only change frequency if some special ones like Lenin and Mao Tse Tung come along and vibrate differently.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by aljharem(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Keep fooling yourself. Whatever made you think you are speaking for some certain people?

So you seriously believe that people will come here and look for your opinion if they decide to protest for anything?

LOL dude there would be no protest. If there is anyother protest, it would unseat GEJ so shut it and enjoy your leaders you bestowed on us because of tribalism.

If you think in your widest dream that the country would protest with the SE and SS (miuns edo and delta) then you must be in lalaland

You can put my theory to the test
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by aljharem(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: nigerian airways staff r d worse hit.is ova a decade the company got liquidated yet d retirees have'nt been paid a dime and yet___

Certainly right, I pity those people I must say
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by tioluwani(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2012
Nigeria is a rubbish country, it is only God that deliver us from all this task master......
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by Ozonna(m): 11:05am On Mar 19, 2012
Even if we're to protest, who'll lead d protest? D masses have lost faith in NLC/TUC. Tunde Bakare led SNG don't have d moral right to protest cos CPC members are also beneficiaries of d devilish act. This have alsoshown dat we lack morally right brave Leadership from our community level to National level. We all know dat demonstration alone can't force d Politicians 2 reduce dia emoluments.

Except NLC//TUC and other civil society gruops (SNG inclusive) shutsdown oil wells & everybody moving 2 NASS 2 occupy dat place,
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by naijaking1: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2012
iyke648: . Hw i wish boko haram are after these political thieves

Imagine being employed in a job where you have limitless capacity to determine your own salary?
The legislators may think they have inherited heaven here on earth, but the reality is that this is simply robbery, national assembly robbers.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by naijaking1: 11:22am On Mar 19, 2012
Ozonna: Even if we're to protest, who'll lead d protest? D masses have lost faith in NLC/TUC. Tunde Bakare led SNG don't have d moral right to protest cos CPC members are also beneficiaries of d devilish act. This have alsoshown dat we lack morally right brave Leadership from our community level to National level. We all know dat demonstration alone can't force d Politicians 2 reduce dia emoluments.

Except NLC//TUC and other civil society gruops (SNG inclusive) shutsdown oil wells & everybody moving 2 NASS 2 occupy dat place,

I think it will be easier to demonstrate against the NASS, because we know where they're located, when they meet to share their boothy, and what they discuss. A few 100,000 young people chanting around the national assembly will make the thieves to take note.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by OzReal(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2012
tioluwani: Nigeria is a rubbish country, it is only God that deliver us from all this task master......
[quote][/quote]
Another poster also said God will judge these people.
---------------------------------------------------------------
In all honesty, when I hear the above quotes,I really get angry angry. For God-sake, God will not judge these people until the afterlife; in fact, the continuous gang-raping of the treasury by these gangsters and bandits is sending more of the common men on the street to early judgement angry The scale of looting currently going on and the resultant effects would continue to send more of our people to God for judgement long before these guys. In a sane country a la China, the only judgement these guys would be facing would be death by hanging or a bullet to the back of the head. But then again, Nigeria has never been sane anytime in here history. Make I go drink beer jare angry
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by abouzaid: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2012
Lets all say that it's been agreed to protest, now what exactly are we protesting against? Jumbo allowances,the president awarding huge sums to himself? Cos he is the one causing all this trouble by first awarding all that huge amount to himself, lets protest but we must have our demands well written out first. Pls start posting demands online for consideration
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by onyengbu: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2012
alj harem:

LOL dude there would be no protest. If there is anyother protest, it would unseat GEJ so shut it and enjoy your leaders you bestowed on us because of tribalism.

If you think in your widest dream that the country would protest with the SE and SS (miuns edo and delta) then you must be in lalaland

You can put my theory to the test
Now im sure you are loosing it completely! Which protest are you even talking about?

Even if there is going to be any, what made you (Alj harem) think anyone care about what you think.

You are just the residential NL dunce running about trying to stoke up non existent tribal feuds. Thank God no one takes you serious!
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by otondo55: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
so pathetic, where over 90% are poor. do these people have conscience at all ?
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by ZAMERUDEENFPI: 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
It appears getting worse everyday.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by AceJam: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2012
cry Kai, chineke mu eeee. See money wey pipple de share and me I dey look for N1,000 for food, and dem call demselves my leader.[b]Kai, chineke mu eeee. See money wey pipple de share and me I dey look for N1,000 for food, and dem call demselves my leader.

Unbelievable news! Chei, naija don finish.
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by Wallie(m): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
OzReal:

Another poster also said God will judge these people.
---------------------------------------------------------------
In all honesty, when I hear the above quotes,I really get angry angry. For God-sake, God will not judge these people until the afterlife; in fact, the continuous gang-raping of the treasury by these gangsters and bandits is sending more of the common men on the street to early judgement angry The scale of looting currently going on and the resultant effects would continue to send more of our people to God for judgement long before these guys. In a sane country a la China, the only judgement these guys would be facing would be death by hanging or a bullet to the back of the head. But then again, Nigeria has never been sane anytime in here history. Make I go drink beer jare angry

+1000

People are so daft with all their "God will judge" comments! If given the opportunity today to steal NGN2 billion and face God's judgment, I bet 99% of the people would rather still the NGN2 billion today! Worst case scenario, they would steal the NGN2 billion and later ask God for forgiveness or even build a Church/Mosque!

They should keep waiting for judgment day, like God wouldn't judge those that did not steal but committed other sins! Mumus! Suffering never catch una well well!
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by sunkoye: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2012
oh, wonderful!!
Re: House Okays N38.8bn Jumbo Allowance For Members by prettyboi1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
People,something just crossed my mind......IS THERE ANY WAY WE COULD FIRST START AN ONLINE REVOLUTION USING ANY OF THESE SOCIAL MEDIA & FORUMS & BLOGS TO ENCOURAGE & GATHER NIGERIANS IN A VOICE THAT INSTIGATES THAT SPIRIT OF REVOLUTION & CRY FOR JUSTICE IN ALL OF US SO THAT WE CAN PROTEST AGAINST CORRUPTION & INJUSTICE IN REAL LIFE? ANYONE WHO HAS AN IDEA ON HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS SHOULD PLEASE COME UP WITH IDEAS,OPEN BLOGS,SOCIAL MEDIA,etc & GATHER US ALL......people die prematurely in this country, health services are sooooo freaking poor,there's a gross high rate of unemployment in this country,there's so much insecurity,there's a a very low level of literacy in this country now & even those who manage to get learned are managing a very poor & fallen standard of education in this country. We also have the post-fuel subsidy removal promises that the government promised to implement still invisible. The so called buses they said they'd bring a week after the subsidy-removal cuts,its over 2months & we haven't seen them. Fuel prices are so high,there's no light,the government doesn't do anything for us in Nigeria,water,light,education etc are mostly provided by individuals for their own use by themselves.
Our minimum wage is nothing to write home about,inflation is on the rise everyday in this country, our currency is losing value everyday,we don't make anything in this country,we import virtually everything including simple things we can make like clothing & underwears etc. People barely have good houses to live in,there is gross indiscipline & lawlessness in the country & government doesn't do anything about this,CORRUPTION IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY,the population of people living under the poverty line is estimated at 70% when in the 80's the estimated population of people living under the poverty line in this country was 30% (imagine the mirror effect), our police indiscriminately kills it's own people at ease & will & nobody goes to jail,politicians steal from our national treasury at will & ease & never get prosecuted. Our house of reps leaders have just got one of their many payments increased to at least N27 million per quarter which means each year they get a total of at least N340,000,000 ( three hundred & forty million naira) excluding money from other forms of allowances they get paid. In true democracy all people should be equal not a situation where politicians are superior to the masses & oppress the masses by stealing from them,sentencing them to jail unjustly, using policemen & soldiers to harass & beat people up etc.......WE NEED A REVOLUTION IN NIGERIA RIGHT NOW. GOD BLESS US ALL, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture of the army checking nigerian entering the country of western nigeria / Jigawa Speaker, Idris Garba, Impeached / Governor Ibrahim Gaidam Wins Yobe East Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.