Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

The Truth About Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Lagos (11139 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / 7 Annoying Things About Lagos / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 1:01am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gbam!!!

even tokyo is so crowed that people let house that will accommodate the size of a typical bathroom in nigeria for ransome

lagos isnt getting good value for all the money coming in
Re: The Truth About Lagos by bilms(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2012
The question is yet to be answered still..

The question is very simple, please mention what exactly the lagos masses had enjoyed from the government in your opinion since most of you claimed the government has worked enough to deserve the praises.. so, tell us exactly what the masses had enjoyed from the govt...

Many are quick to attack people yet,they can't attack the question with simple answer.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by bolayei: 11:24am On Mar 20, 2012
ok lagos..,i was born and bred in lagos until i moved to london, and truth be told lagos is a city like any other city in the western world based on my experience like i tell people the way i know naija might be different to how you know it. the things wey dey freak some whte people are things i grew up with and sometimes that makes me appreciate lagos, im still yet to find a place like V.I here na only celebs go live there, and little pots of areas wey dey lagos sef go represent world wide. Every where get ghetto infact i will prefer to live in some suburbs of lagos than to live in places like Peckham, hackney, dalston, brixton the list is endless. guessing some of these posters only came to lagos less than 20yrs ago so dont really know lagos. last time i went to lagos at night i forget im in Africa its so beautiful. Fashola is doing a good job o o, i never step foot in Oshodi while i was living in Nigeria but last time i went home i could not help but step my foot in Oshodi looked different.Fashola is a state governor not a local government chairman its the local government chairmen that are not doing anything for their communities not fashola. Fashola is responsible for affairs of the state whatever happens in suburbs is down to the local gov. well my idea of nigeria is surulere, apapa,festac,beachland estate, snake island,V.I, Ikoyi and nowadays those estates off lekki expressway used to be bushes when we used to go lekki beach,maryland etc if u lived or travelled abroad na 2 different thing as for me i cant wait to come back to eko ile.
For the record im not political or yoruba only saying the truth and every society have more poverty stricken people than average people the saying not all that glitters is gold. People are suffering and smilling in the western world too. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: The Truth About Lagos by Johnsinia(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Nigerians with their foolish mentality,dats y al ds politician go stil continue 2 eat una mugu.imagine,a foolish politician go just come construct one road d whole masses wil strt praisin him as God while d politician is eatin dem mugu.dats d system politician is using in naija.d systm of lagos state is jst like d systm d devil uses "give with d right hand n collect more with d left hand" dats y d poor r becomin poorer n poorer eachday in lagos.for e.g dey giv u water n collect high fee,dey contruct roads n den put gate n area boys 2 b collectin money 4 dem etc i mean dey ve neva dom anytin for free.and ofcuz,dey wil continue 2 reap their prey(d masses) of their hard earn money bc their preys r praisin them n r happi 4 collectin back times 2 frm d dem.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by bilms(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2012
@bolayei, your story is touching and inspiring, but the issue is not about lagos being bad or not, what am concerned about is the benefit of the masses.

Yes fashola is the governor not LG chairman, but am sure you are ware that governor's hold joint account with LG chairman and LG don't receive any dime. only the governor use the funds at will.

A governor governor cant be judge based on the streetlight or stuffs like that,but the citizens which the masses occupy close to 80% of.

my question is, considering the amount Lagos earn, can you rate him a s a good governor? and what exactly has the masses enjoyed from the govt.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by ayobase(m): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2012
babaowo: @ op....how do want to see fast development when u ppl troops into lagos 100,000 daily and never go back.If u know ur not comfortable in lagos Pls we will arrange transport fare for u to go back to your beautifull villages thanks.

simple!
Maybe d guy dey among those dey sent packing then to villages!
Re: The Truth About Lagos by ayobase(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2012
bolayei: ok lagos..,i was born and bred in lagos until i moved to london, and truth be told lagos is a city like any other city in the western world based on my experience like i tell people the way i know naija might be different to how you know it. the things wey dey freak some whte people are things i grew up with and sometimes that makes me appreciate lagos, im still yet to find a place like V.I here na only celebs go live there, and little pots of areas wey dey lagos sef go represent world wide. Every where get ghetto infact i will prefer to live in some suburbs of lagos than to live in places like Peckham, hackney, dalston, brixton the list is endless. guessing some of these posters only came to lagos less than 20yrs ago so dont really know lagos. last time i went to lagos at night i forget im in Africa its so beautiful. Fashola is doing a good job o o, i never step foot in Oshodi while i was living in Nigeria but last time i went home i could not help but step my foot in Oshodi looked different.Fashola is a state governor not a local government chairman its the local government chairmen that are not doing anything for their communities not fashola. Fashola is responsible for affairs of the state whatever happens in suburbs is down to the local gov. well my idea of nigeria is surulere, apapa,festac,beachland estate, snake island,V.I, Ikoyi and nowadays those estates off lekki expressway used to be bushes when we used to go lekki beach,maryland etc if u lived or travelled abroad na 2 different thing as for me i cant wait to come back to eko ile.
For the record im not political or yoruba only saying the truth and every society have more poverty stricken people than average people the saying not all that glitters is gold. People are suffering and smilling in the western world too. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

u so much hit the hammer on the nail into the topic!
The comparison and duties of State governor and the local chairman!
Thanks!
Re: The Truth About Lagos by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2012
I have 2 questions to ask OP:
1. Are u a PDP card Holder?
2. Did u leave in lagos before and after Fashola's tenure?
If the answer to my 1st question is YES, then I understand where u are coming from and I wouldn't want to waste my time talking to u.
If your answer to my 2nd question is NO, then I wouldn't blame you for ur post.
Fashola is the best Governor in Nigeria.... I wouldn't want to go into details because u either get financial benefit form PDP or some screws in your brain are loosed. (Ask an average Lagosian about fashola's performances, oooh! U don't have to, it was expressed in the election result). If fashola could contest again he would win by a greater margin, that's how good he has performed.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Lagos by ayobase(m): 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2012
bilms: @bolayei, your story is touching and inspiring, but the issue is not about lagos being bad or not, what am concerned about is the benefit of the masses.

Yes fashola is the governor not LG chairman, but am sure you are ware that governor's hold joint account with LG chairman and LG don't receive any dime. only the governor use the funds at will.

A governor governor cant be judge based on the streetlight or stuffs like that,but the citizens which the masses occupy close to 80% of.

my question is, considering the amount Lagos earn, can you rate him a s a good governor? and what exactly has the masses enjoyed from the govt.

common!
''the LGs dont receive any dime''
and u want me to play along with that?
How?
Re: The Truth About Lagos by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2012
I see the problem here, ppl asking what fashola did that has benefited the masses... Brt, cleaning Oshodi, Restructuring Yaba mrkt, Fixing Roads(Akoka, I'm speakin for where I stay), cleaning Roads, Lagos state waste management disposal, LASMA(has done more good than bad), as a corper serving in Ogun state my counterpart working for Lagos state Sch earn double(if not triple) etc the list is endless.
Does Fashola have to distribute money to the Masses before you will say he has performed? If NO, then tell us specifically what he must do(don't beat around the Bush)
Re: The Truth About Lagos by joyfun: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2012
if local councils can do the work they are payed for like clearing gutters,fixing drainage as they publicize, then I can truly say Lagos is well run. they should also stop putting street boys ,touts, "area boys " as govt officials in Lastma , road safety etc without lawful guidance.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by ProAnti: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2012
Visit Akwa Ibom State and see the standard roads criss-crossing the state.

Visit Rivers State and see the quality of the Primary schools built by the current administration.

Visit Kaduna state and see what new towns development is.

Visit Cross River state and see the definition of a neat and beautiful environment grin

When you are done going round, you will realise Fashola is just an average governor who benefits from the concentration of media houses in his domain.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by ayobase(m): 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2012
Pro Anti: Visit Akwa Ibom State and see the standard roads criss-crossing the state.

Visit Rivers State and see the quality of the Primary schools built by the current administration.

Visit Kaduna state and see what new towns development is.

Visit Cross River state and see the definition of a neat and beautiful environment grin

When you are done going round, you will realise Fashola is just an average governor who benefits from the concentration of media houses in his domain.

I believe u grew to c those things in place.
But in Lagos, we grew to c the drastic changes in the past few yrs!
Re: The Truth About Lagos by seglam19: 2:06am On Mar 21, 2012
To me Fashola dey try but what about the way his government is exthorting money from lagosian like this LATSMA of a thing,this one is getting too much,my people something need to be done about it fast
Re: The Truth About Lagos by nicey1d: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2012
Have you guys heard or know about Eko Atlantic City? If YES, then tell me how Fashola is not working and if NO, then find out about it. Eko o ni baje o!
Re: The Truth About Lagos by KnowAll(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2012
Fashola has been on holiday since the 3rd year of his 1st term. Could someone please remind him that his tenure has not finished.

Reminds me of a quotation from James Ibori, he was said to have gone to a rural area in Delta State for an engagement, the road leading to this place was full of water poodles and mud, James in his stride and jocularly quipped whilst sidestepping a big stone on the road “ See road as e be, Governor dey the state so” meanwhile he was the Governor.

His entourage all laughed it off, obviously you the good people on NL should see and know the mindset of some of our rulers, they are making fun and mockery of our dire and miserable LIVES for their own amusement, how callous can that be.

Fashola should wake up to his responsibilities.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by bilms(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
nicey1d,
Is Eko Atlantic city the measure of good government? lol

No one of the fashola guys could mention any significant benefit the masses had enjoyed in his 5 years rule yet, they rain praises.. common guys....

This is a bad way to celebrate a successful govt....the simple question in this post is for anyone to mention any significant benefit of the lagos masses from the govt, but there was none and you still say he his working.. please show me the work.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by Sagamite(m): 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
chucky234: I don't even understand how people reason,imagine a sane man saying Fashola has done well because Lagos has 15 million dwellers. What has the dwellers got to do with developing the state,do you how much Lagos state generates daily.
Fashola is only governing Ikeja,Ikoyi,V/Island,Yaba,Oshodi-Apapa Exp. Way as well as Badagry Exp. Way, what happen to the other places where the poor lives like Okoko,Iba,Ajangbadi,Agric,Satellite Town,Maza-Maza,Ajegunle,Amukoko,Orile,Mushin,Surulere,Ijora, e.t.c
The man is ruling the rich instead of the poor,Lagos state has the worst roads in Nigeria,Asaba,Owerre,Calabar and PH have better roads than our darling Lagos. The only roads we can boast of is the Lekki/Epe concession roads which ironically is the only standard roads in Nigeria (but all know the story of that road).
Go to South Africa or Botswana and see infrastructures in cities that has far less revenue generation than Lagos,then you will know that Lagos is a mega bush,we love Lagos and that's we can't do without living in Lagos but to say that Fash has perform with the kind of revenue Lagos generates is a taboo.
8 years is more than enough to record significant achievement with the money we have in this state
Eko Ba Je lo.

You are a mooron!

Explain to me how much revenue Lagos generates in a day!

Go ahead, I am in the mood for Suya today.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by nicey1d: 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
You guys should give Fashola time and see the benefits of all his actions in lagos when completed. There is something am sure of, there will be lot of employments in lagos when all is completed and you guys will keep running to lagos. Eko atlantic city will limits lagos and nigeria bad spell.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by rabzy: 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
63. chucky234(m):
I don't even understand how people reason,imagine a sane man saying Fashola has done well because Lagos has 15 million dwellers. What has the dwellers got to do with developing the state,do you how much Lagos state generates daily.
Fashola is only governing Ikeja,Ikoyi,V/Island,Yaba,Oshodi-Apapa Exp. Way as well as Badagry Exp. Way, what happen to the other places where the poor lives like Okoko,Iba,Ajangbadi,Agric,Satellite Town,Maza-Maza,Ajegunle,Amukoko,Orile,Mushin,Surulere,Ijora, e.t.c
The man is ruling the rich instead of the poor,Lagos state has the worst roads in Nigeria,Asaba,Owerre,Calabar and PH have better roads than our darling Lagos. The only roads we can boast of is the Lekki/Epe concession roads which ironically is the only standard roads in Nigeria (but all know the story of that road).
Go to South Africa or Botswana and see infrastructures in cities that has far less revenue generation than Lagos,then you will know that Lagos is a mega bush,we love Lagos and that's we can't do without living in Lagos but to say that Fash has perform with the kind of revenue Lagos generates is a taboo.
8 years is more than enough to record significant achievement with the money we have in this state
Eko Ba Je lo.

^^^^^^

You definitely don't stay in Lagos or maybe you don't want to see the changes around you. What has Fashola done in Ikoyi and V.I since he came in aside from the ozumba link bridge and the yet-to-be-completed lekki-ikoyi link bridge. In Iba there is the Lasu-Iba-Iseri road completed by Fashola, There is Igando-Okokomaiko Link road to cut-off Lasu junction, So u can't see all those big big machines that has been plowing the ground at Orile all the way to mile two for the past 3yrs or so, Your mentioning Surulere shows you are just interested in talking, Fashola has worked in Surulere like craze, I can name several roads that has been done in Alimosho and Agege all the way to Iju. What of all the drainages that has been constructed and cleared in all those areas.
All the places that has been made safer for people all over Lagos state, na only Elites dey pass am? The pedestrian bridges he constructed are used by those driving their Jeeps Abi. All those lASTMA you see at different corners of the state do they pass cars for only the rich.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by yemmight(m): 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
Fashola is not performing and all of you have refused to leave Lagos. In fact, the rate at which people troop to Lagos lately is alarming. Abokis everywhere you cannot mention in figure. If you look around properly you will see the work. Look what their doing @ Ojota waste point and you will praise him He got the avalanche of refuse dotting most parts of the metropolis permanently cleared, cleared drainage and illegal structures, fixed the roads, returned sanity to dangerous areas like Oshodi, beautified the Marina, Falomo and arteries of major highways. Let still gie this man more time.
Re: The Truth About Lagos by vanstanzy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
Idango: And the condition of roads in lagos, i mean street roads where common people live is so horrible now that in the 12 years that i have lived in lagos, it has never been like this. Somebody will tell me that the local government are not helping out. Some body will tell me that Tinubu is chopping all the money. Fasola can say no to God father-ism like Ngige.

@Idango
Lagos state, with its present style of governance is TOAST. Fasola is the only one i deem to be working. But his Local govt chairmen are a bundle of AGBEROS that just go around ravishing other mens wives and spoiling our young girls instead of actually working. The roads passing through their constituencies are a death trap in all entirety. Why on earth wont there be massive hold-up everywhere u go. Have u all noticed that nationwide strike periods are the only times lagos roads are free?
Some other states in the Federation might be better than Lagos in terms of developement. But we shouldnt accept or be made to accept less as citizens of Nigeria. It'll keep on being this way cos we live in a society where noone checkmates the other person, and taxpayers monies can be used at will without fear. In fact, governace in Nigeria is dead and is in dire need of revival. BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT, DONT WE?
Re: The Truth About Lagos by EkoIle1: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
These are characters like DJUSTICE changing IDs and spewing the same tired and disgruntle trash...
Re: The Truth About Lagos by bilms(m): 11:36am On Mar 22, 2012
?
Re: The Truth About Lagos by tck2000(m): 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com / Friends Buy ₦40 Million PDP Presidential Form For Governor Tambuwal / Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.