Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? (16857 Views)

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming / Kolanut Business: You can be a Millionaire within 6 months / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
It's very possible to be a millionaire by 24. But we don't always grow up as adolescents and teenagers, with the thought of making the first million by so and so age. Teenagers are primarily concerned with knowing the hottest artiste, fad phone, which clique to roll with and guy or babe to go out with. So that is why most people miss the target and by the time they begin to consider it, they are already over-aged.

I was a bit lucky to have age on my side. Finished Uni at 20 and by 25 I had crested the N1m mark. It should have been a year earlier sef but for the fact that I had other plans.

I wasn't born a silver-spooner. Far from it.

If you want to make your first million, no time is too late. But make sure it is acquired genuinely, that you do not misplace your priorities simply because you want to hit 1M and after making it, what happens next. Shift goals.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
It all depends on timing, luck, God's favour and opportunities at hand. My most senior brother became a millionaire at age 26; another at age 30; the one that recently died at 34yrs, with total worth of 1.5bn naira as at last month after he died, became a millionaire at age 22yrs, he was just too lucky. My immediate elder became a millionaire at 31yrs just last year while I made my first million at age 24 and dropped again and again but picked up again after 2 yrs, so my answer to your question is: like a poster said, everyone can never be a millionaire, rich, star, celebrity, etc, just strive to live a comfy life, thats all...so it all depends on your destiny, luck and opportunities you were exposed to or giving to. Nice thread, cos I used to ponder too, how to become a billionaired (in us dollars) before the age of 60. I pray God help me and bless my efforts, and it will be majorly for the less privileged like my late brother was doing, I pray to dedicate 30 - 40% of my life earnings on destitute kids and ex-convicts. God pls help me to achieve this before I come to thee!
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by mourinhob: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2012
millionaire is a thing of d mind
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by muyoto: 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
ifyalways: who is a millionaire

Must you be a millionaire before you'd live a happy,secured and fulfilling life ?

the million naira question (pun intended)
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by princeonx: 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2012
Is this million in Naira, Cents, or Dollars? Let's also answer that since this site is always filled with stu. Pid questions
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2012
afam4eva:

You no well grin grin grin I remember one dude that came back with ten thousand cedis. After changing it it was like 200 naira. But cedis has improved oo.
hahaha, very funny
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by muyoto: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2012
Yorisb: I was already a Millionaire at the age of 16....in Cedis/CFA though!

ROFL!!! grin grin

But this is an interesting point you raised. A millionaire in say Zimababwe cannot be on the level as Nigerian millionaire.

BTW NGN1m is just about USD6,000. is it really a big deal to see an American in his/her early twenties having that much money?
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
Tinyemeka: It's very possible to be a millionaire by 24. But we don't always grow up as adolescents and teenagers, with the thought of making the first million by so and so age. Teenagers are primarily concerned with knowing the hottest artiste, fad phone, which clique to roll with and guy or babe to go out with. So that is why most people miss the target and by the time they begin to consider it, they are already over-aged.

I was a bit lucky to have age on my side. Finished Uni at 20 and by 25 I had crested the N1m mark. It should have been a year earlier sef but for the fact that I had other plans.

I wasn't born a silver-spooner. Far from it.

If you want to make your first million, no time is too late. But make sure it is acquired genuinely, that you do not misplace your priorities simply because you want to hit 1M and after making it, what happens next. Shift goals.
thank God for the idea of this post, I hope someday soon I might return to give a testiony,,
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
muyoto:

ROFL!!! grin grin

But this is an interesting point you raised. A millionaire in say Zimababwe cannot be on the level as Nigerian millionaire.

BTW NGN1m is just about USD6,000. is it really a big deal to see an American in his/her early twenties having that much money?
buh on a serious note, that 6,000 USD looks not too difficult to earn if there is little finance, I know of things I can do if there is finance to yield fast incomes to attain that
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
Booty4me: Oh God may my children never ask me when my mates where making money, were was ì.
you tell them, same question I would have asked my parents
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by InHim4Him(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2012
@Zubby77 - You were a millionaire at 23. Tell us how you made it. Also tell us how your life has been.

The millionaire craze has made a mess of everything in Nigeria. But come to think of it, with all the millionaires been made by the different business houses in Nigeria, why is there still so much suffering in Nigeria? Why is nothing working? Why are we still lamenting the problems of corruption, power and all the ills bedeviling the country called Nigeria? What are the millions for?

My dear young people, you can be stinking rich and very wealthy; it doesn't have to be counted in Naira, dollar or any other currency for that matter. More so, if becoming a millionaire is a worthy goal to pursue in life why are our millionaires not satisfied? Why do they still go ahead to steal, defraud, cheat and do all kinds of things to become billionaires, trillionaires and still be dissatisfied? Why do those so-called millionaires commit suicide or die mysterious and miserable deaths?

The business houses are purely in business. For every million they give out, how many do they keep for themselves?

Remember that becoming a millionaire without sense, makes nonsense of both you and your million. It's not about counting wads or coins or whatever. Use your God given mind. What are you created for? You can damn the consequences, just go ahead and fuel and feed your greed, covetousness and all that make the heart of men lean and make them die with regrets.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by stagger: 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
The appropriate age for a man to be a millionaire is when he is closer to 40 years.

In the 20s decade, there is a lot of youthful exuberance and a man needs to make mistakes in order to get experienced in life. Besides, being a millionaire comes with a lot of family and social responsibilities and pressure. Your new status will push you into places to start to rub shoulders with certain kinds of individuals, many of them with ulterior motives.

For instance, you may want to buy a piece of land being eyed by another older millionaire who has connections and is into the occult. Your business success may be threatening some other interests and they will do all they can to bring you down.

How do you handle all that as a 24 year old? Such a person will be too young and too inexperienced to handle what becoming a millionaire brings.

Everything in life comes with a baggage. Marriage comes with a baggage. Riches come with its peculiar baggages. So does workplace promotion, government positions, change of environment, etc.

Some of my most grevious life errors and money mistakes were made in my 20s and now that I am a lot older, I just look back and laugh at how brainless I was then. But this was because of youth and inexperienced.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by dennisbee(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
Nice thread. but abeg, who here genuinely made a million @ 24? As in, nor be papa money oohh. If there is, then pls tell us wot and wot you did to get up to that. Cos, to me, its very rare in Nigeria. Except you hv some uncle or daddy to raise you a capital wt which you started something @ a tender age.
That's my submission.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2012
stagger: The appropriate age for a man to be a millionaire is when he is closer to 40 years.

In the 20s decade, there is a lot of youthful exuberance and a man needs to make mistakes in order to get experienced in life. Besides, being a millionaire comes with a lot of family and social responsibilities and pressure. Your new status will push you into places to start to rub shoulders with certain kinds of individuals, many of them with ulterior motives.

For instance, you may want to buy a piece of land being eyed by another older millionaire who has connections and is into the occult. Your business success may be threatening some other interests and they will do all they can to bring you down.

How do you handle all that as a 24 year old? Such a person will be too young and too inexperienced to handle what becoming a millionaire brings.

Everything in life comes with a baggage. Marriage comes with a baggage. Riches come with its peculiar baggages. So does workplace promotion, government positions, change of environment, etc.

Some of my most grevious life errors and money mistakes were made in my 20s and now that I am a lot older, I just look back and laugh at how brainless I was then. But this was because of youth and inexperienced.

I see a huge point, tɑηx
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Bongoman1: 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2012
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by livapul86(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2012
At all posters telling us they became millionaires at 22,23 one pesin even talk 19? Na wao o! Una wan give man pikin HEART ATTACK. Pls show me the way o!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2012
livapul86: At all posters telling us they became millionaires at 22,23 one pesin even talk 19? Na wao o! Una wan give man pikin HEART ATTACK. Pls show me the way o!
sounds like a confirm Waff boi, take it easy bro, whoever said 19 must be joking, unless 100% a dubious means..
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by lifestyle1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ OP I will become a millionaire at the right time.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by pdpiperpippen: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2012
This type of post encourages armed robbery yahoo corruption et al.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by mxxpunkxx: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
☺ķªª¥ we ar talkin about comin from a̶̲̥̅ humble background and makin d millz. Well, our country's economy makes it difficult 2 attain such dream, legally. U̶̲̥̅̊ gotta be connected, or deal dirty.

What does being a̶̲̥̅ millionaire really entail? ♍♈̷ definition: credit - debits = balance (millions). That's a̶̲̥̅ millionaire. At 17, i had 1.2 millz, but i couldn't call myself a̶̲̥̅ millionaire. Why? Cos i W̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅s scared 2 spend? Lest, my balance fall below d 1-million naira mark! That's being a̶̲̥̅ millionaire I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ false sense.

Fast-forward τ̅ȍ this day, where I can easily pay bills worth 5million naira and still have 8-digits sittin there! Maybe U̶̲̥̅̊ don't get d point? Take away all Ɣ☺ΰя liabilities, hw much do U̶̲̥̅̊ av left? Up τ̅ȍ a̶̲̥̅ million?

I knw business whose debits over-weigh their credits. If they close up shop, their balance would be I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ the negative? now d big question, hw did he/she become a̶̲̥̅ millionaire?

Except Ɣ☺ΰя born rich or highly connected, abeg abeg abeg, na fraud or crooked means jare! Nobody want carry last!!!

P.s: forgive ♍♈̷ typos, A̶̲̥̅m kinda tipsy!!!
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by livapul86(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2012
At Op: Abeg Nairalanders make Una pray for me, make I win 10m for who wants to be a millionaire this month.I promise to donate #500k to the memory of this thread. Make Una help your boi become millionaire too.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by joe4christ(m): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2012
Ayatullah: Why are you succumbing to the advert that is inspired by a satanic mind? You guys just swallow any stuff you are fed with on TV on radio and other media. Being a millionaire should not be a target or a status symbol. Run away from corruption do not be like Ms Atunma Oteh who eats a meal of =N=850,000.00!

O shut that thing you call a mouth, how dare you say such a crap? If you're a pessimist please keep it to yourself and not discaurage those optimist who have a dream of hitting their 1st million.

I'm currently 24 and i bet you that as the lord liveth i'm making my first 1m even though i'm from a poor background and when that happens i'll refer you back to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
pd piper pippen: This type of post encourages armed robbery yahoo corruption et al.
its simply because ♈̷̴̩ȍǘ don't have a genuine mind, if ♈̷̴̩ȍǘ have one, ♈̷̴̩ȍǘ should be thinking the other way round

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Flygeriana(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
Omo, u go fear question na...

At what age should one be a millonaire?

I guess wizkid has commited a HUGE crime then [considerin his millonaire status at his age now].

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by naija4(m): 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
I believe that young people can make their first million b4 age 25 if they decide and work for it.its not easy but its possible.am 21years old and will be making my 1st million october this year.(i have my plans anyway)
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
Flygeriana: Omo, u go fear question na...

At what age should one be a millonaire?

I guess wizkid has commited a HUGE crime then [considerin his millonaire status at his age now].
yhu get brain ,,,,
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2012
livapul86: At Op: Abeg Nairalanders make Una pray for me, make I win 10m for who wants to be a millionaire this month.I promise to donate #500k to the memory of this thread. Make Una help your boi become millionaire too.
keep oп̥̥ dreaming °˚˚˚º brother
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by AreaFada2: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
I made the first few millions (Naira} around 24years and a few months. That was early 1990s and money had a lot more value then. So not strictly @ 24. But then I was in diaspora so does not count. I would most likely not have made first few millions in Naija in the early to mid-90s. You don't get much for a few millions these days.

Lost much of it but luckily managed some fixed asset from it. Loss wasn't due to profligacy on my part but by trusting some people you thought were close to you. Life has ups and downs. Counting millions in account these days don't excite me. Use it in on things that will appreciate in value over time. In fact I don't really care. Being happy with one's family is far more important.

To God be the glory.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2012
Even if in Naira, I think having 1 million Naira in bank a/c doesnt make one a millionaire yet. A millionaire must have several millions in cash and assets, or net worth. Also, the millions should be stable and not having 3m today and broke over next 3 months. And very comfortable with millions.

In the above sense, I am clearly not a millionaire. But if we are talking about owning first million, then maybe I did that at 26. And my education wasn't fast, graduated @ 24.

I however believe it's very possible to be a self-made millionaire @ 27. A focused graduate that gets a good job @ 21-22 can do wonders by 27. I have a bros that finished school @ 20 and got a good job immediately. By 27, he was already a proud owner of two houses and heavy investments in stocks and by 30 added a 3rd in VI! a comfortable millionaire by Naira standard. A focused young chap can be one, but most of us lavish our incomes on ostentatious items and needless expenses, most times even borrowing to maintain the lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by PGON(m): 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2012
ZUBY77: I became a millionair at 23

Who asked you?
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by PGON(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
naija4: I believe that young people can make their first million b4 age 25 if they decide and work for it.its not easy but its possible.am 21years old and will be making my 1st million october this year.(i have my plans anyway)

Funny! Bring your dreams to reality...
If you want a great future, never leave it to chance, create it by yourself.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2012
Jarus: Even if in Naira, I think having 1 million Naira in bank a/c doesnt make one a millionaire yet. A millionaire must have several millions in cash and assets, or net worth. Also, the millions should be stable and not having 3m today and broke over next 3 months. And very comfortable with millions.

In the above sense, I am clearly not a millionaire. But if we are talking about owning first million, then maybe I did that at 26. And my education wasn't fast, graduated @ 24.

I however believe it's very possible to be a self-made millionaire @ 27. A focused graduate that gets a good job @ 21-22 can do wonders by 27. I have a bros that finished school @ 20 and got a good job immediately. By 27, he was already a proud owner of two houses and heavy investments in stocks and by 30 added a 3rd in VI! a comfortable millionaire by Naira standard. A focused young chap can be one, but most of us lavish our incomes on ostentatious items and needless expenses, most times even borrowing to maintain the lifestyle.
interesting, but I think the gap was too much anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Become Self Employed With 100k / NIPOST Imposes New Charges On Courier Services / CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.