Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? (16864 Views)

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming / Kolanut Business: You can be a Millionaire within 6 months / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by muyoto: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
Jarus: Even if in Naira, I think having 1 million Naira in bank a/c doesnt make one a millionaire yet. A millionaire must have several millions in cash and assets, or net worth. Also, the millions should be stable and not having 3m today and broke over next 3 months. And very comfortable with millions.

In the above sense, I am clearly not a millionaire. But if we are talking about owning first million, then maybe I did that at 26. And my education wasn't fast, graduated @ 24.

interesting. i suppose the thread should have been more appropriately named "AT WHAT AGE SHOULD ONE MAKE HIS/HER FIRST MILLION?"
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Akaraiwe(m): 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2012
Well,there's a difference between becoming a millionaire and staying a millionaire....a million sat in my account @ 22,but one has got to invest nah ,lol.....what's cash in the bank for them to lend Dangote,lol......I investes it nah......I sometime have 5k in my account,but I no fit shout,I dey gallant.........
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by CECOM: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2012
Made my ist Mil @ 29 last year. Graduated from uni @ 25 with a wonderful degree result, but could not get any good Job and knew nobody but GOD. started work @27 with a coy where am being paid peanuts but I stayed on cause of the learning and mentoring and my vision to become an Enterpreneur. Started my own firm @ 28 while still holding my Job. Hit my first big Job a year later without any connection at all and that is it. My first Mil, first biz capital ....
Am still working for my Boss while I have my own coy and employees.

So back to the issue. It is hard to make your first Million below age 25 both here and in the western world because the general perception is "Go to School, Make a good Grade and then You get a GOod Job and Life is Good". But that no longer works. And the shock is showing everywhere.
It is harder here in Nigeria where we get outta school late and before u know it age and responsibilities has cut on. Plus there is no available Jobs, no encouragement to self emploment and Enterpreneurship.

The most important thing anyways is to be focused and have a clear Vision and Mission in Life. And Work hard towards it
The Money will come Later not Before

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2012
^^^^ truly said..
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
muyoto:

interesting. i suppose the thread should have been more appropriately named "AT WHAT AGE SHOULD ONE MAKE HIS/HER FIRST MILLION?"
somewhat
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 19, 2012
Online, Bragging, Arguments, Derailing, Gosh. . .Can we just concentrate on the "At what age..." Question and stop declaring assets here? undecided
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by olatwo(m): 1:00am On Mar 19, 2012
undecided
IYA NGBALI: 70 is the ideal age because life begins at 70
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by bakila: 2:36am On Mar 19, 2012
WebSurfer: take my words, its very possible, am sure if you think, ♈̷̴̩ȍǘ can recall who here mad it that age, well, am 20 and will be 21 in July, not made my first million though, but by the time I graduate next year, am sure I can do it by God's special grace, even b4 22

Ok we now understand. When people are in school they most often look at those who are fit to employ them as not fast enough. Good that you set a target for yourself, but it is very important to set a realistic one.

If you are in Nigeria it is very easy to make it and much easier for our setup to keep you on the queue for a much longer period.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 8:28am On Mar 19, 2012
bakila:

Ok we now understand. When people are in school they most often look at those who are fit to employ them as not fast enough. Good that you set a target for yourself, but it is very important to set a realistic one.

If you are in Nigeria it is very easy to make it and much easier for our setup to keep you on the queue for a much longer period.
later will tell
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Pakavy(m): 9:24am On Mar 19, 2012
ifyalways: who is a millionaire

Must you be a millionaire before you'd live a happy,secured and fulfilling life ?
u got me thinking!!!
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Lovexme(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2012
What a question! At what age should one start breathing??
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by page9(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2012
@ all

In your pursuit of money, let happiness and peace of mind be your watch word.

Not all that glitters are Gold!!! Don't measure your achievement in life solely on monetary terms.

There are people in prison, mortuary and even in their graves all because they throw caution to the wind while in desperate search for money.

It is your right to make money but bear in mind that the Almighty must approve and bless it for it to materialise

A word is enough for the wise
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by pamanze: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2012
Our finger prints are not equal dia4 I can't be specific on the actual age buh d ages of 30 - 35yrs is not bad.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:

Forget Steve jobs. I'm talking about Nigeria and not the US. What exactly will you be doing that you will become a millonaire in Nigeria by 23. Not that it's not possible or it's not happening but it's rare. by 23 you're just graduating from college.

i am surprised at your comment, most people i know leave the university at 21 (four yrs programme) if you didn't repeat any class and you started primary at six years or if you went for a five year programme but didn't do primary six, you will defn graduate at 21.

do NYSC at 22, anybody that gets a job of above 150k a month as a single person without carrying his "father's responsibilities" stand a chance of being a millionaire at 23.
yes i ve seen it happen. 100k in 10months is a millionaire.

the thing is that most dads see their wards to graduation at a very old age so the lucky early ones start shouldering those responsibilities and that is when to get the 1 million mark becomes difficult.

for someone that comes from an average home comme on!! @22 they share cubicles with school mates, some nice relatives will want you to start life with them, what else are you spending your money on?
transport, lunch, clothes, girlfriends? i don't know about now but during our own days it was pretty easy
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2012
jp philips:

i am surprised at your comment, most people i know leave the university at 21 (four yrs programme) if you didn't repeat any class and you started primary at six years or if you went for a five year programme but didn't do primary six, you will defn graduate at 21.

do NYSC at 22, anybody that gets a job of above 150k a month as a single person without carrying his "father's responsibilities" stand a chance of being a millionaire at 23.
yes i ve seen it happen. 100k in 10months is a millionaire.

the thing is that most dads see their wards to graduation at a very old age so the lucky early ones start shouldering those responsibilities and that is when to get the 1 million mark becomes difficult.

for someone that comes from an average home comme on!! @22 they share cubicles with school mates, some nice relatives will want you to start life with them, what else are you spending your money on?
transport, lunch, clothes, girlfriends? i don't know about now but during our own days it was pretty easy

How many people actually graduate at 21 considering the fact that many people write jamb and other exams more than once. Plus the fact that the strike keep people in schoool longer than they are supposed to be.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by manie(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2012
I think we should ask at what age should one be able to make a residual income of at least one million Naira on an annual basis. I think 40 to 45 years is okay, if we have a job, and we have a deliberate plan to invest part of our income. Residual income is what you make from interest on your deposit, dividend from stocks, rent from your property, or profit from a business that does not need your presence before it operates.
I have a lawyer Uncle who made more than 20 million Naira dividend from his stocks and another 8 million from rent in 2011, and he still has his law practice which is still functional. And the man is not a Senior advocate of Nigeria.Will be 50 years this year.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by kunleadio: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
na wa ooo. is there a specific age for that??
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by richy5(m): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2012
18 noni
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by 3kay945(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
is not everyone that will have million..net worth could clock it sha. happily live superceed million naira target.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by jpphilips(m): 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:

How many people actually graduate at 21 considering the fact that many people write jamb and other exams more than once. Plus the fact that the strike keep people in schoool longer than they are supposed to be.

guy, Nigeria is what it is but it doesn't stop things from happening, writing every exam twice is no justification for not being a millionaire,

i am a "LUX FIAT" during our days, it is a taboo for one to write external exams twice, we get as much as 80% pass in both WASCCE and JAMB, ask any "DOBA". i may not know about other schools and what is happening there today.

there are schools that are no ASUU affiliates i believe those ones too hardly strike, there are private schools too.

the bottom line is if you chose to go the way of academics one should draw a workable plan not some miracles as enshrined by pastors.

my example above may be difficult today due to loads of factors but it wasnt in our own time.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2012
page9:
@ all

In your pursuit of money, let happiness and peace of mind be your watch word.

Not all that glitters are Gold!!! Don't measure your achievement in life solely on monetary terms.

There are people in prison, mortuary and even in their graves all because they throw caution to the wind while in desperate search for money.

It is your right to make money but bear in mind that the Almighty must approve and bless it for it to materialise

A word is enough for the wise
noted
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by Masterseg: 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
pls,for past 3 weeks i have been asking for who can teach me recharge card printing,i am a student somebody advice to start recharge printing to support my self in school.i want t0 be printing and distributing it my self.i want somebody to help me out of this.even if it is to be an apprentice so that i will no it i will do that to survive my self as a student.my number is 07032355156
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by novenaven(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
am 19+, 2 b 20 by October, am already one,not boasting,i'm into oil & gas trade,haulage(i ve got 10 trucks with dangote group),i own a pure water factory in ijegun Lagos,kumasi in ghana,8 hiace buses with abia line,setting up my own transport firm by December 2012 by GOD's grace.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by novenaven(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2012
@richy:
18 noni
sre babe!
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by novenaven(m): 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva: The Nigerian climate does not encourage one to be a millonaire at such young age except you're into a bad crooked business.
i feel so bad that some one still thinks dis way, some people just 2 lazy 2 think the world is a bed of roses. check folajimi daodu on facebook, he's 24, owns a challenger 604 jet. a programmer, events planner, makes shoes,bags etc. brain up!
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by chucky234(m): 1:55am On Mar 20, 2012
Becoming a millionaire has no age limit,you can become a millionaire whatever age the opportunity present itself but honestly speaking its hard to become a millionaire at that age if you are not from a rich family or average family as you have to hustle,toy and sweat before you can grab that amount and that's why many choose short-cuts like yahoo,robbery and militants.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 4:16am On Mar 21, 2012
novena ven: am 19+, 2 b 20 by October, am already one,not boasting,i'm into oil & gas trade,haulage(i ve got 10 trucks with dangote group),i own a pure water factory in ijegun Lagos,kumasi in ghana,8 hiace buses with abia line,setting up my own transport firm by December 2012 by GOD's grace.
reallyy,
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by novenaven(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2012
Tinyemeka: It's very possible to be a millionaire by 24. But we don't always grow up as adolescents and teenagers, with the thought of making the first million by so and so age. Teenagers are primarily concerned with knowing the hottest artiste, fad phone, which clique to roll with and guy or babe to go out with. So that is why most people miss the target and by the time they begin to consider it, they are already over-aged.

I was a bit lucky to have age on my side. Finished Uni at 20 and by 25 I had crested the N1m mark. It should have been a year earlier sef but for the fact that I had other plans.

I wasn't born a silver-spooner. Far from it.

If you want to make your first million, no time is too late. But make sure it is acquired genuinely, that you do not misplace your priorities simply because you want to hit 1M and after making it, what happens next. Shift goals.
/ur quite slow @ 17 i hit d 1m mark,& since then i ve bin flying high.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by novenaven(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2012
chucky234: Becoming a millionaire has no age limit,you can become a millionaire whatever age the opportunity present itself but honestly speaking its hard to become a millionaire at that age if you are not from a rich family or average family as you have to hustle,toy and sweat before you can grab that amount and that's why many choose short-cuts like yahoo,robbery and militants.
think, believe & pray 2 GOD, u can make it,notin is impossible.many people cant create simple ideas,thats y it seems kind of difficult sha,its by GOD'S GRACE.no parental or family support.
Re: At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? by WebSurfer(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
Coughingg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alaba International Market Website: Alaba.biz / Pick Western Union Online Using Quickteller Without Go To Bank / Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.