Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

He Needs A Break - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Needs A Break (1775 Views)

Why Do Ex's Say, "We Can Still Be Friends," After A Break-up? / Guys Will You Take Back Your Gift After A Break-up / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Needs A Break by maxygirl(f): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
??
Re: He Needs A Break by kelz88(f): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
It's up to you. You can go have fun like he will be doing.
Re: He Needs A Break by slimyem: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
since he's said the words,let him have his break.
If that's what he really wants it,there's no point trying to stop him!
Re: He Needs A Break by ronkebp(f): 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
Give him a break!!, that is all you need to do.
Re: He Needs A Break by xynerise: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
D day my ex told me she needed a break, I told her that she should be careful cos I might lost my feelings for her. She cancelled d break grin
Re: He Needs A Break by SAFO(m): 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
He needs a break - meaning, he wants to go mess around and he wants you to wait for him.

Like kelz said, you betta go have your fun too.
Re: He Needs A Break by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
xynerise: D day my ex told me she needed a break, I told her that she should be careful cos I might lost my feelings for her. She cancelled d break grin

Na lie go finish you grin grin old man!
Re: He Needs A Break by xynerise: 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
Vikin:

Na lie go finish you grin grin old man!
see you grin. If u see her ask her
Re: He Needs A Break by omega25red(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
SAFO: He needs a break - meaning, he wants to go mess around and he wants you to wait for him.

Like kelz said, you betta go have your fun too.
why go have fun when you can just break up with him and move on with your life.
Re: He Needs A Break by kokoye(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2012
You will get over it . . and he'll come begging later (as this stolen image below illustrates )

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/664179[/img]
Re: He Needs A Break by SAFO(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
omega25red: why go have fun when you can just break up with him and move on with your life.

Yeah she can do that too but it would hurt him more if he found out she was creeping too. He would be devastated lol.
Re: He Needs A Break by luckgames(m): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
The mean the relationship is over in a nice way
Re: He Needs A Break by maxygirl(f): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
Thanks you all
Re: He Needs A Break by Killz3(m): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
The "I need a break" line is mostly used by pathetic cowards who cannot face a girl and tell her it's over. . .
Re: He Needs A Break by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 20, 2012
@OP
mostly, when a man says he needs a break, his gal would ask WHY, and he will give her an explanation. so what was the explanation he gave you?

there is nothing wrong in needing a break, so long as a man got concrete reason why he needs to stay away from you.
Re: He Needs A Break by kiara11: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2012
means its time for him to go back into his cave and reflect.Men have their caves so give him space.
Re: He Needs A Break by aleroo(f): 8:00am On Mar 20, 2012
Den by all means please give him a break,
Re: He Needs A Break by Killz3(m): 8:09am On Mar 20, 2012
aleroo: Den by all means please give him a break,
aleroo, how are you holding up? smiley
Re: He Needs A Break by Hardunnii(f): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2012
Then give it to him, but dont go and have any nonsense fun o
Re: He Needs A Break by DualCore1: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2012
maxygirl: What should a girl do when her bf says he needs a break?
Please,I need help not abuse.
If you are patient you could get up to 50%-off deals on some vibrators on Ebay sha. #justSaying.
Re: He Needs A Break by maxygirl(f): 8:38am On Mar 20, 2012
@ MRbrownJAY, he says he needs some time to reflect on where our relationship is heading to. for us to think on what we want from the relationship. i told him i don't need time apart to do that but if he wants some time he can have it.
Re: He Needs A Break by kiara11: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2012
In that case then this is what.He needs time to choose/decide between you and his new catch.

1 Like

Re: He Needs A Break by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 20, 2012
maxygirl: @ MRbrownJAY, he says he needs some time to reflect on where our relationship is heading to. for us to think on what we want from the relationship. i told him i don't need time apart to do that but if he wants some time he can have it.

come on!!!! thats the most generic BS that people say in r/ship.
your reply to such BS should have been: "our union is heading for a committed r/ship, possibly marriage etc, and this is what i want. is this NOT what you want or desire for this r/ship? if you need time to even THINK about such issue then we are clearly on different page here and there is no need to take a break, as i do NOT want to be with a man who needs time to decide if i am the one for him (or not), duh!"

people are so quick to lower their standards out of desperation to be in a r/ship, what else have you thought on doing to hang on to him at all cost?! the WORST possible way for someone to decide if they want to be with you (or not) is, OBVIOUSLY, away from you while mounting some club gals etc........ so you best open your mind sharp sharp!
Re: He Needs A Break by maxygirl(f): 10:56am On Mar 20, 2012
@Mrbrownjay
i have been trying for some time to get him to decide where our relationship is heading towards but he is so evasive. he has plans to go for a year masters in UK and i wanted to know what our fate would. he says " i love you and it would give me great joy to be with you but i think we should take things one day at a time, lets look towards the creator for help".
In a way am glad about this because i dont know if i can do this anymore,i am getting my replacement list out and i would stop being blind to the obvious defects in my relationship i guess.
Re: He Needs A Break by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^^ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, now we are getting somewhere!!!!
by what you wrote, i understand fully why he asked for a break, you wanted commitments in that r/ship that he was not ready to offer (unless you guys believe in LDR).

btw:"i love you and it would give me great joy to be with you but i think we should take things one day at a time, lets look towards the creator for help" TRANSLATION= A) i dont love you, B) something in my/your life stops me from planning a future with you.
Re: He Needs A Break by MrsChima(f): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

come on!!!! thats the most generic BS that people say in r/ship.
your reply to such BS should have been: "our union is heading for a committed r/ship, possibly marriage etc, and this is what i want. is this NOT what you want or desire for this r/ship? if you need time to even THINK about such issue then we are clearly on different page here and there is no need to take a break, as i do NOT want to be with a man who needs time to decide if i am the one for him (or not), duh!"

people are so quick to lower their standards out of desperation to be in a r/ship, what else have you thought on doing to hang on to him at all cost?! the WORST possible way for someone to decide if they want to be with you (or not) is, OBVIOUSLY, away from you while mounting some club gals etc........ so you best open your mind sharp sharp!

MBJ! Get out of my mind man! angry angry grin tongue

In the first few moments, you should know if the person in front of you is worthy of your time and attention. Some people have an issue with accepting reality for what it is and moving on. Some people like to sugar things up to reduce the pain it is causing them.
Re: He Needs A Break by maxygirl(f): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, now we are getting somewhere!!!!
by what you wrote, i understand fully why he asked for a break, you wanted commitments in that r/ship that he was not ready to offer (unless you guys believe in LDR).

btw:"i love you and it would give me great joy to be with you but i think we should take things one day at a time, lets look towards the creator for help" TRANSLATION= A) i dont love you, B) something in my/your life stops me from planning a future with you.

Guess that is it then, he said sometime in January that He was not yet ready to get married, that he still had to sort out his life. It just came to my mind now. cant believe myself now. there is no greater fool that one in love i guess
Re: He Needs A Break by ronkebp(f): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
maxygirl:

Guess that is it then, he said sometime in January that He was not yet ready to get married, that he still had to sort out his life. It just came to my mind now. cant believe myself now. there is no greater fool that one in love i guess

Hmmmm!!!!! just because you are inlove, does not mean you should close your eyes to important things in a relationship, am sure he had been misbehaving just to let you read the hand-writings on the wall, since you refused to notice, he had to tell you nicely, ''we need a break'', the guy is nice, if it were other men they would have said, '' i am no longer intetrested in you or this relationship''
Re: He Needs A Break by aleroo(f): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2012
~Killz~:

aleroo, how are you holding up? smiley

At first i was afraid, i was petrified.............but i wll survive(ds song gives me strenght) grin
Re: He Needs A Break by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2012
~Killz~:
The "I need a break" line is mostly used by pathetic cowards who cannot face a girl and tell her it's over. . .
And this actually came off your head? angry
Re: He Needs A Break by whyx06(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
My girl almost said dsame
Hello Guy: I want to b alone for now, after six years of relationship.

(1) (Reply)

Some Ladies Are Not Worth Loving.. / Backstabbing Best Friend / ACP Who Was Alleged To Have Fondled A Lady's bosom In A Photo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.