Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) (2226 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / How To Post Youtube Videos On New Nairaland / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
All these bugs makes it complex.
I like to preview my posts before posting.
Normally, I check my notifications first because I visit some other boards other than webmasters, but now I have to manually visit the boards or search for the threads.
Some topics I posted in other boards are totally cut off from me now.
Normally when I open a board, I look at the updated icon, and open all that I am interested in into a new tab and start replying - now I can't do that again.

Since the new nairaland, I hav not rili posted to other boards and my posts generally have reduced by I wil say 70percent - and I want to believe that these changes are affecting other people too - I believe we should have all our regular options - or most of it.
Whoever does not like notification should not subscribe.
Phew. . .I wil skip the registration/login area bug - that wil mostly affect newcomers - some maybe.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Is it my phone or somehow the title of nairaland logo on my phone is now - .airaland ?
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
Please tell me about the registration/ login area bug. I will like to have the full details, thanks.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
*dhtml:
Is it my phone or somehow the title of nairaland logo on my phone is now - .airaland ?

Which phone do you use? Which browser do you use on that phone? When did the logo change to what it is now?
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by DualCore1: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
On blackberry its .airaland, on android its the ₦airaland. This is an encoding problem. The character ₦ is a non-ASCII character. You are better off rendering the whole text as an image if you must retain that character.

1 Like

Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
I am glad some adjustments is being made. . . .
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dual Core: On blackberry its .airaland, on android its the ₦airaland. This is an encoding problem. The character ₦ is a non-ASCII character. You are better off rendering the whole text as an image if you must retain that character.

If it's a blackberry issue, we can fix that:
1) Which browser displays .airaland on the Blackberry? Opera Mini? The Native Browser? Both?
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by DualCore1: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
I only know of the native. I don't know of the others.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Which BB Model?
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 22, 2012
BB Curve 2 : Both Native and Opera Mini. [s]a transparent png logo might be more crossplatform[/s]

1 Like

Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by netesy(m): 11:41am On Mar 22, 2012
even on my opera mini nokia 2600

1 Like

Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
netesy: even on my opera mini nokia 2600
Lo-ba-tan
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by moderattor: 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
The one million naira question is
'why did Seun change the better nairaland and stripped it of the features that raised it?'
text your answer A, B or C to 1331 for a chance to win the one million!

1 Like

Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
Anyone else having issues with the ₦ character? So far only one person has given us details of the problem.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by DualCore1: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2012
Seun: Anyone else having issues with the ₦ character? So far only one person has given us details of the problem.

I saw that thing long before dhtml mentioned it. I was just caught up in a lot and on the road to remember to mention it. Add an encoding declaration to the header and see if that fixes it.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2012
Ok, I've done that. I've been using an Opera Mini emulator without problems, so I thought it might be something else. Does it work now?
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nay, still the same. . . .
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Seun(m): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
@dhtml: Which phone are you using? Which Browser? Can you try it in different browsers and tell me which one is ok and which one is not ok? Thanks.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by binaflexia: 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
The aesthetics of the new nairaland, look too old fashioned for a modern discussion board. Personally, i think the graphics and the layout is a pain to the eyes. The first day I visited the new nairaland, I almost ran way. It was even worst when I visited one of the topics.

But, why I mine still here? Simply because of the contents and some interesting people here. I wonder what would have happen if I was a newcomer.
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2012
I used the bb curve 2 native browser and opera mini. . .
Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by yamakuza: 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2012
*dhtml:
BB Curve 2 : Both Native and Opera Mini. [s]a transparent png logo might be more crossplatform[/s]

hmmn!

About time NL had a funky N logo.

[s]Seems to work well for Nigezie on posters and redcarpet photoshoots.[/s]

1 Like

Re: This New Nairaland Is Weird (my Views) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
^^^Maybe that will make it less weird eh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Redirect 1and1 Domain To Your Bloggers Blog / My Fresh Job / Free Advertising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.