Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria (5828 Views)

Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan / Do Religious Centers Have The Power To Change Nigeria? / Adenike Grange: How The Cabal Gets Rid Of Anyone Who Wants To Change Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Godmann(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2012
kodewrita: A pragmatic man/woman who:

1) realises that drastic change as expected by nigerians may not be sustainable.
2) knows how to achieve swift quick wins to solve small easily solvable problems.
3) has a track record of finishing what he/she starts before jumping off to solve others.
4) knows how to shoulder public attacks without seeming flustered or petty.
5) who knows how to handle the press without crushing them with the SSS or hiding from them.
6) who knows how to bring irreversible change in a day-by-day slow but assured manner ( boiling the frog by increasing the temp steadily) without letting public opinion rise so high as to oppose him/her or stop his/her policies).
7) who understands the different faultlines on which nigeria is built and knows how to use those to his/her benefit and the benefit of all nigerians.
cool who is willing to shed blood appropriately in the service of the nation to keep order.
9) who has a history of recruiting people smarter than him/her to handle critical posts.
10) who is prepared to accept small political defeats in the service of greater long term strategic victory.
11) refrains from making public unconfirmed statements without information.
12) keeps critical information between his ears when necessary or is exceptionally open when the need arises.
13) who is able to swiftly identify cliques/enemies/negative stakeholders and take decisive action to smash them before they constitute a threat to the state.
14) has built up diverse networks: political, business, tribal to ensure his/her unassailability.

Essentially: A well-connected charismatic, pragmatic, media-savvy, decisive, wise, resolute and patient reformer with a thick skin.

You have said nothing.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Baawaa(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2012
A man that can fight corruption without bias

A man that can impose death sentence on any public holder

A man that will say no to nepotism

A man that will not have regard for the cabal:
*He Will put our refineries in good shape by not minding those cabal
*He will restore out power sector,this will encourage foreign investors(Employment creations)
*He will ready to revamp our railway system to order
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Alancash: 10:52am On Mar 20, 2012
Actually good governance involves alot there4 in my on opinion, it is not about the president but about us. are we really ready 2 accept all consequence of all what will come out as a detirant 2 restore good governance regardless of region and religion? If not quality or no quality we are saying nothing.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:57am On Mar 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin Nigerians are just priceless. let me see.

Shagari [/b]was the Man - Nope he was too weak and allowed corrupt officials drain Nigerian dry
[b]Buhari/Idiagbo
were the men - they instilled discipline in all quarters of Nigeria's public infrastructure. but the discipline was too much
Babangida - was the Man (Maradona) he stole and allowed others to steal and many still swear that he held the $ exchange rate N1-$10 for a long time but we got tired of his posting tactics
Shonekan [/b]was an intellectual lard - his Egba brothers said he was the Man, alas Abacha had other plans until he met Indian ashiis
[b]MKO Abiola
was the man, the whole country except his Egba brothers loved and voted for him - alas The Man Died and his Egba brothers accepted this as palatable
Abdulsalami [/b]was the man - in a short time he drained our foreign reserves to less than $3 billion - at least he handed over power to bring forth the bastions of democracy we now have in our midst
[b]OBJ [/b]rose from the depths of despondency to become Nigeria's democratic president He was called by GOD (according to him and other notable Men of God). like wise King Solomon, he got distracted $16 billion vanished under his direct watch on Power Projects that only commenced on paper. what a retarrded tout.
Enter [b]Yar.Adua
of Baba-go-slow fame- we all know how is multiple-point agenda failed. well let us not talk ill of the dead. so by stoke of Goodluck a clueless dufus with no shoes finds himself before the seat of presidency. by God this is divine fate. the John the Baptist come to finally save Nieria from decades of stagnancy, His Smile was amicable,his mien was calm and innocent, his eyes were friendly and his nose was clownish. He is definitely the Man to Change Nigeria.
[b]Goodluck Ebele Jonatha[/b]n - Overwhelmingly voted for by Nigerians home and abroad.. - How dare we complain that we now need a Man who will change Nigeria - do you not see through history that we have accepted and compromised our values to a level that a Dog wearing a Polo Ralph T-shirt with a GEJ-smile is considered a Savior of Nigeria.

Qualities of Leadership is not important when you have Institutions (Executive, Judiciary and Legislature) that have been undermined by corruption. A good leader cannot operate in an environment where his followers are corrupt

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 10:57am On Mar 20, 2012
All we need is enough courage to exhume the corpse of lord lugard, revive him and kill him again by hanging. Then the country will dismantle this structure of salt and sand.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Baawaa(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2012
Alancash: Actually good governance involves alot there4 in my on opinion, it is not about the president but about us. are we really ready 2 accept all consequence of all what will come out as a detirant 2 restore good governance regardless of region and religion? If not quality or no quality we are saying nothing.
If our leaders change their ways things will change
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Dandy1(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2012
Wow! This is what I was discussing just b4 I logged in. The answer is simple- He must be a martyr. i.e he must be ready to lay down his life shortly after leaving d presidency sit.This is because; to be ''the man'' he will surely be at loggerheads with d big names in d game(yes! They've turned it into a game) and they will come after his life as soon as he leaves office,considering he'll not be secured as when in office.That's just it.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2012
Godman_n:

You have said nothing.
shocked shocked shocked,upon that long essay he wrote?chai.grin
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by achi4u(m): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2012
one bullet on the forehead of any corrupt official,any person who embbezl public fund should die by hanging,a man like Hitler...
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by korrej(m): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2012
An optimist(even if things dont look right), purposeful and not afraid to die.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Arosa(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2012
1) A non-bigot (he is not biased by ethnicity or religion.)
2) A just man (A man that believes in justice,he can even go as far as to use his family members or friend as scapegoat,when that friend or family member has committed a crime)
3) A visionary leader.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2012
freecocoa: shocked shocked shocked,upon that long essay he wrote?chai.grin
welcome to nairaland freecocoa, land of the anti-intellectual. grin

My reply is that he should criticize by creating. Please list your own qualities.

I listed the man I want.

One who's not
-->a martyr
-->a coward
-->a naive politician who assumes pandering to the public is the best way to lead the country.
-->an inneffective entity with a history of failed projects.

thats the simple gist of what I wrote.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by babaowo: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2012
Its just someone that will look into the eyes of corrupt westerner and say ,ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!! Let my people go!
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by xage(m): 11:18am On Mar 20, 2012
The man or woman that will save Nigeria cannot be by election for a quality number of tenors Nigerian have voted the wrong people and i don't see them changing anytime

in order words, Nigerians does not vote for credibility,they vote for tribalism,nepotism and religion.without this overwhelming factors in most elections Nigerian would have voted otherwise...the primary need for a change and credibility is consequently often jeopardized.

In essence the wrong candidate have the money to influence free and fear election does not translate in the true transformation needed.eg the PDP gov't
I'm not biased am just being plane moreover i'm a victim of political apathy.In my 27 years i have only voted once...for someone you refused due to factor 3 mentioned above

I fear for this nation...forgive my pessimism we have more problems than we can ever solve
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by kwenu: 11:22am On Mar 20, 2012
Y all think government is being run by the ordinaries?. NO but Spiritual forces run government. see people dont know this, government officials are subject to spiritual forces and in the case of Nigeria, i see we speak one language but two different understanding.
One language because we want the good of the Country. deep down inside of us we know this but our understanding is not one.

Today i blame our religious leaders for whatever the country is facing today because they arent giving us undiluted truths.

We NIGERIAN People Need to learn more about life Existence, purpose, Time and finally
To me i see this country as been sold out,
Theres no goal, No Vision, Everybody seem to be chasing the wind
Truely Nigeria is blessed but What can you boast of in Nigeria, our military or what. in WORLD MILITARY WE ARE NOT AMONG TOP 50.
tIME WILL NOT PERMIT ME TO WRITE

NIGERIA NEEDS A NEW SPIRIT
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Johnsinia(m): 11:25am On Mar 20, 2012
In a simple sentence "a God fearin man"
ds is bc as God fearin u wil definatly possess al d gud qualities of a leader.the problm however,is dat d system can neva allow dat kind of person 2 surface, dey wil rather kill dat person.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by code9(m): 11:26am On Mar 20, 2012
A man who has found "inner peace". If you can't be one with yourself, then you can't be one with the people you intend to lead.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2012
kodewrita:
welcome to nairaland freecocoa, land of the anti-intellectual. grin

My reply is that he should criticize by creating. Please list your own qualities.

I listed the man I want.

One who's not
-->a martyr
-->a coward
-->a naive politician who assumes pandering to the public is the best way to lead the country.
-->an inneffective entity with a history of failed projects.

thats the simple gist of what I wrote.
Don't blame him too much,you know english language is usually a bit harder to comprehend between the hours of 8 am to 12 pm so its not entirely his fault.cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Kachi01: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2012
The poster have said it all, posesing those qualities means being closer to God than men and seeing through the eyes of God but can he succeed in our system where the senators, honourable members and others in govt see their positions as an opportunity to acumulate enough wealth for the generations unborn? No. Not until we begin to see govt positions as an opportunity to render selfless service and effect a positive change other than to become rich as fast as posible, we will remain where we are if not go backwards.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by kunlekunle: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
you all came up with these characters of your desired leader.
who in nigeria now fits most?
narrow down candidates.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Ibangap(m): 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
Dawdy: a God fearing man.
GEJ no dey fear God?
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by ismhab(m): 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
Men had fail Nigeria, men are failing Nigeria, men will fail Nigeria, let us give women chance and see their emotional effort.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Koolking(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
bakila: A President who would come to power on a clean, rigging free ballot.

Who will ensure constant power supply on assuming Office.

Convict all past curropt leaders and Officials, recover their looted funds and make it our reserve instead of their own.
Must have WELFARW on Nigerians at heart.

We need not vote for such man. Tribal jingoism & egocentrism peculiar to Nigerians will still stand on the way of such man. We need a mystery man with no interest to luxury but believes in justice & liberation of all Nigerians (home and abroad). A mystery man who sees corruption as a plague; and the greatest problem of Nigeria, and put those known to have involved in one way or the other to death. A mystery man whose people who hold contrary believes to the Nigerian dream of tomorrow trembles and commit suicide at the hearing his name. A mystery man who recognises no class and believes laws are meant for all. Not the rich ruling the laws while the laws grind the poor. A mystery man who makes leadership positions dreaded to those with unpatriotic interest.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Koolking(m): 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
ismhab: Men had fail Nigeria, men are failing Nigeria, men will fail Nigeria, let us give women chance and see their emotional effort.

Dude, women will be worst than men. Women are not just ready. Few positions occupied by women recently have been marred with controversies and corruptions. They are unsupportive to other women who aspire to rule. Typically, was when Ms Sarah Jubril aspired to contest as a president. I expected women to give her all the support to win the primary, to my chagrin and disappointment no woman supported her. They'll rather stick to the selfishness, and greed of the male folks than liberating themselves from the shackles of men. Women are the architect of their problems in Nigeria. They preach empowerment on media yet not ready to empower themselves. Jealousy of seeing another woman being an amazon is their problem
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Popeziza: 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2012
Do u think curroption can ever come 2 a halt in nija? It has sundenly becom many peoples second name.It is not d rich dat practise it but even d poor.To me it can only b reduce not eradicated
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Arosa(m): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2012
kunlekunle: you all came up with these characters of your desired leader.
who in nigeria now fits most?
narrow down candidates.

Fashola.

1) A non-bigot (he is not biased by ethnicity or religion.)
2) A just man (A man that believes in justice,he can even go as far as to use his family members or friend as scapegoat,when that friend or family member has committed a crime)
3) A visionary leader.

Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Popeziza: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2012
We need a sturborn man like Obj....
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by xage(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
If Buhari was disciplined then let us return him or optionally introduce fashola

Gej is the highest error of democracy...forget about how many people have died,even the one's breathing are jealous of the deads..9million chuildren out of school...absence of electricity and high cost of living
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Tos87(m): 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2012
we need a leader that will wear Sandel not shoes(or without shoes),that'll wear heir of camel as cloth and should able to feed on wild locust and honey in Asorock

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Ajaofosoro: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2012
My poeple that ideal man is Buhari. Thank u
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Arosa(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2012
Ajaofosoro: My poeple that ideal man is Buhari. Thank u

Buhari is the ideal man for katsina state. Not Nigeria.
Re: Qualities Of A Man That Will Change Nigeria by Tos87(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2012
Tos87: we need a leader that will wear Sandal not shoes(or without shoes),that'll wear heir of camel as cloth and should able to feed on wild locust and honey in Asorock
Gbam.....true talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out The House Zahra Buhari Built For Over 90 Orphans In Kaduna (photos) / Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market / Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.