Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (160879 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Kdjmamar: 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
na only god nd god after dat na god again [quote
author=John1305]I'm a fresh graduate of Physiology and I'm presently
serving in the NYSC. As God would have it I as posted to the state
hospitals management board who should have posted me (along side other
physiologists) to hospital but they decided since our role in hospitals
was not defined. It was very dis-heartening when we heard their claim.

Eventually, some of us were posted to hospital to handle health
implements such as the ECG machine which was only found in one or two
hospitals there. While others were ask to remain at the Board for other
administrative duties.

I contacted some other colleagues of mine serving in other states and
majority of them were sent to secondary schools to teach. Biology and
Chemistry... That's serious.

It's quite despicable that a course like Medical physiology has no
defined function in Nigeria. **sobbing**

It is well. [/quote]
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by John1305(m): 11:29am On Jun 25, 2013
Thanks guys, honestly I must say that my sobbing as not for my on self,but for the mass of physiology and anatomy students ho are still in school.. Hoping for something good after B.Sc.. Alas..

Truely moving on is the only way to it...
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by thirty(m): 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hi felow nairalander,
my sister is an Anatomist graduate with 2.1 from Unilorin and master degree from Unilag. She need job urgently please. Kindly drop a message for her: ronkus101@yahoo.com
thank you.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
thirty: Hi felow nairalander,
my sister is an Anatomist graduate with 2.1 from Unilorin and master degree from Unilag. She need job urgently please. Kindly drop a message for her: ronkus101@yahoo.com
thank you.
noted God will provide
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by femijck(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2013
Brb
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TARCHYCARDIA: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
@Liverpool fc and Femijck where have you been?Dont let this thread die.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
TARCHYCARDIA: @Liverpool fc and Femijck where have you been?Dont let this thread die.
this thread will not die.
Let me share my work experience with you.
Currently i work with a pharmaceutical company, because of the nature of my work, i have been able to meet different departments in hospital, non of them worth dying for. I will suggest that we @ basic medical science should first develop interest for the course and understand the basic principle of the course we studied. NEVER GIVE UP. It will be suicidal to ignore studies because of perceived value. For physiologist, pls understand pharmacology to make your study relevant in practice. Dont mind all those lecturers of ours, download lecture video from youtube. Just know that there is job out there for you.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by femijck(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks man.......just being busy with some things......this trend will never die.......av also been introducing this thread to some other physiologist........love u all
TARCHYCARDIA: @Liverpool fc and Femijck where have you been?Dont let this thread die.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by princeduke2013: 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
plsss, anybody in d house should help mi.with is der any role a human anatomist can play in oil sector or opportunities in management couses such as.finances
thanks
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by princeduke2013: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
anybody.pls help mi wit my question ?oil section.and finance .how feasable is it?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
princeduke 2013: anybody.pls help mi wit my question ?oil section.and finance .how feasable is it?
direct work? No except in their school or hospital
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TARCHYCARDIA: 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
"Dont worth wat 2die 4"-in wat way,can u giv explicit to avoid me misquote ur sentence dere.I wont want to say much talkin abt prospect of BMS in nigeria especialy Physiology.I av personaly see much abt discusn of future of dis course.Am an undergraduate of human physiology who is contemplatin on how 2change my course as a result of less viabiality of physiology in health sector 4rm my own perspectiv now despite the labour,readin hefty buks e.t.c.I stil av ample oppourtunity of goin 2oda department by goin back to 200L.Pls fellow pple here who av experienc,wat can u say abt me carryin physiology cross meanin going on wit it.If 1 who graduatd in Physiology want 2go 4 medicine,will dat persn write jamb again b4 doin DE.Great mind pple wat the stand of physiology in 9ja.Pls mr liverpool fc&great mind pple here,giv explicit 4me.A brother need ur help.1 LUV .THANKS 4UR RESPONSE
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by princeduke2013: 6:28am On Aug 10, 2013
thanks but Im confused cos i have a one life line access to oil market
what of masters occupational health? or can't I work in the administrative department
.pls someone shud help mi out.dis is a life tym opportunity
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
TARCHYCARDIA: "Dont worth wat 2die 4"-in wat way,can u giv explicit to avoid me misquote ur sentence dere.I wont want to say much talkin abt prospect of BMS in nigeria especialy Physiology.I av personaly see much abt discusn of future of dis course.Am an undergraduate of human physiology who is contemplatin on how 2change my course as a result of less viabiality of physiology in health sector 4rm my own perspectiv now despite the labour,readin hefty buks e.t.c.I stil av ample oppourtunity of goin 2oda department by goin back to 200L.Pls fellow pple here who av experienc,wat can u say abt me carryin physiology cross meanin going on wit it.If 1 who graduatd in Physiology want 2go 4 medicine,will dat persn write jamb again b4 doin DE.Great mind pple wat the stand of physiology in 9ja.Pls mr liverpool fc&great mind pple here,giv explicit 4me.A brother need ur help.1 LUV .THANKS 4UR RESPONSE
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
princeduke 2013: thanks but Im confused cos i have a one life line access to oil market
what of masters occupational health? or can't I work in the administrative department
.pls someone shud help mi out.dis is a life tym opportunity
there is no graduate from any course that cannot work in oil company. As long as you are a graduate, you can work in oil company .
That is why they advertise vacancy for graduate trainee. But you gat to be extra good and be trainable to fit in. If you gat the life line , use it well.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by princeduke2013: 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
thanks at liverpool.u really make senses
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
princeduke 2013: thanks at liverpool.u really make senses
you are welcome. You will never walk alone in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
sir liverpool, a brother need your advice here.THANKS
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
INTEGRITY TOBI: sir liverpool, a brother need your advice here.THANKS
Advise on what?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TARCHYCARDIA: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2013
@INTEGRITY TOBI do you know you are not serious,it better you get busy with your work and stop interfere on nairaland "LOL".You still trace me to this forum,i can see what ASUU cause.I believe i will have great testimony at the end.Am just trying to get things in norm way and doesnt want to be indolent in aspiration.GREAT PHYSIOLOGIST(FUNCTIONING).Greetings to everyone here,though no1 seems to see my previous post.All is well

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by glizengem(f): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pls m currently an ansu 100l physiology student m scared already wif d comments m cn here ? M finkn of changing 2 geology som1 shud pls talk 2 me
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by glizengem(f): 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Olucheye: The truth undiluted is.... There's practically no job function for us in hospitals unless you read more. I've sobbed times over this issue but rather than cry over split milk pick up the pieces and move on.

Make research on better masters degree you could do and work in a better environ. Like my Dad would always say, 'See Anatomy as just a staring point...... You've got a long way ahead of you"

Move past Sobbing.... Impossibility is nothing!

Pls m currently an ansu 100l physiology student m scared already wif d comments m cn here ? M finkn of changing 2 geology som1 shud pls talk 2 me
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
I graduated from anatomy in oou but I'm currently back to medicine in Lasu. For those dat wld not want medicine. You have an option to lecture, or go for masters in public health or histopathology. You can also make money out of histology slides, dats for anatomists. In any case, just fulfil purpose.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
glizengem: Pls m currently an ansu 100l physiology student m scared already wif d comments m cn here ? M finkn of changing 2 geology som1 shud pls talk 2 me

Hello Gliz, I'm actually guessing a lot of folks on the thread are caught up in one thing or the other and that's why you're not getting prompt replies.
As regards your question, i would love to be honest and sincere with you, can you current CGPA make you into Medicine or Medical Lab. Science, If Yes, those are your best shots for career fulfilment in the current Nigerian medical scenery.

Geology isn't a bad course either. But truth is, i know of folks who still roam about with their certificate.
However, Geology still places you at a much better vantage point for jobs in the O&G industry.

Overall the choice is in your hands... Make the best possible decision for yourself.
Good luck
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by glizengem(f): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
princeduke 2013: thanks at liverpool.u really make senses
plsssssssss reply my post plsssssssss
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by glizengem(f): 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Olucheye:

Hello Gliz, I'm actually guessing a lot of folks on the thread are caught up in one thing or the other and that's why you're not getting prompt replies.
As regards your question, i would love to be honest and sincere with you, can you current CGPA make you into Medicine or Medical Lab. Science, If Yes, those are your best shots for career fulfilment in the current Nigerian medical scenery.

Geology isn't a bad course either. But truth is, i know of folks who still roam about with their certificate.
However, Geology still places you at a much better vantage point for jobs in the O&G industry.

Overall the choice is in your hands... Make the best possible decision for yourself.
Good luck
tnx bro thought jst few of my results 4 1st semester xams r out yet 3 write 2nd semester xams so no cgpa 4 now....i'll fink about it though
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by princeduke2013: 7:53am On Aug 16, 2013
glizengem: plsssssssss reply my post plsssssssss

what is it?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by glizengem(f): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2013
Olucheye:

Work hard....Make great grades!
Trued sending you a PM!
Check
tnx bro... Can i av ur contact so d@ i cud keep in touch if u dnt mind
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pls, i will not advice any one to port from physiology to med lab. med lab is not worth porting to. of the basic med science, physiology still remains the first choice of course. for you in 100L, if you can port to mbbs do, if you cant, do your best in physiology and know your pharmacology @ least, you will be guaranteed a job with pharmaceutical industry.
i wish physiology can be made an applied course. For all the graduates of physiolgy, you can work as med rept in pharms. you can teach, you can lecture. pls dont stay @ home doing notin. you can do your msc and lecture. God bless you ALL.
i will try and be posting job advert for physiologist and bms graduate here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.