Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit (3349 Views)

Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / How Diezani Laundered Looted Money, Her Accomplices Revealed - Sahara Reporters / Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by Orikinla(m): 12:02am On Oct 31, 2007
How Ibori Looted Delta State, EFCC releases deatils in a Sworn Affidavit

http://saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=444
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 3:14am On Oct 31, 2007
Yes, we know.  Now dear Mr. Yahaya Bello or whatever you call yourself--please publish how Abacha, IBB and OBJ looted through Tafa Balogun and Ehindero!!!  I am sure you where alive and well during those times too.

Whom do you think you are fooling--you stupid superintendent of police thieves!!!!!!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by chidichris(m): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2007
Orikanla,
we have a country called nigeria and in your belief, u think Ibori and kalu are the problems of nigeria? why are u and ur colleagues still believing ribadu and his men? who call this ribadu? the govs are only borrowing a leave from the president and that is what the presidential system of gov is all about.
tell ribadu to look for something new as the people are bored with this same parttern.
36 govs, one gov in six months. the only federal character we have seen in the movie was atiku but atiku was too strong to go down alone so instead of implicating the holy ghost fathers let him be and that is why a case that was concluded with 12 hours and gazzetted within three days died without any rememberance and you are still here to talk about ibori.
if ribadu is not a mad man, he shld have told us earlier before now why so much money were spent in contracts to federal roads yet people are dying in hundred in roads misharps as a result of bad roads. let him tell us what happened to all illegal contracts awarded by obj and his ministers and let him tell nigerians how many of the federal office holders within the eight years of obj is answering questions from his office.
we cannot be all fools to listen to such cooked information.
adedibu, bode george, chris uba, andy uba, adenuga, obj, tony annenih, ibb, atiku are all federal/international thieves and a touch on any of them will take us to the promise land so is either ribadu will be bold for once and go for at least one of them, no one will tell the under-ground thieves that there is fire on the mountain.
when saddam was messed up, gaddafi and charles taylor did not wait for a round table conference to change their stance but personally am bored with the idea of leaving the main objects for shadows.
our federal roads, electricity supply, health facilities, security are not in place yet we have an aso rock group without daints. ribadu was even part of an election that co-uld not even convience nollywood producers as a realistic movie and nobody has been questioned even the professor or criminology(iwu) is still a free man and you come here to tell me of ibori.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by somze(f): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2007
Guys, guys control yourself its not Orikinla's fault  grin

Basic thing is this is Nigeria and I can assure you its very corrupt.

Everyone in a public office probably has skeletons in the closet . . . even middle position civil servants, thats how terrible it is.

IS EFCC the solution to this problem of corruption? . . . partly . . . if it is run in integrity and honor, but again what government institution knows the meaning of integrity and honor?

The corruption in Nigeria is at a new record high, we can get no where in terms of development in this generation if this is allowed to continue. We should be looking towards a solution . . . in theory  wink
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by Orikinla(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2007
Charity begins at home.

I am more concerned about our Niger Delta and the fact that Chief "the thief" James Ibori actually embezzled the revenue allocation for the education sector in Delta state.
Have you seen the state of schools in Delta state?

When you deprive our children of their education, you have destroyed the foundation for their development.

The Word of God said:
If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

You can steal all the money in the world, but please, don't steal the money allocated for education and health.

OBJ stole his own to build schools and hotels in Ogun State,
Atiku stole to build schools in his state,
But Ibori stole and took the public funds overseas.
Ibori is worse than Fred Ajidua.
Fred scammed White people and spent the ill-gotten money in Delta state and other parts of Nigeria and gave scholarships to hundreds of students from Delta state.

If anyone is ready for Aluta, let me know.
I am not afraid to shed blood in a revolution for the reformation and transformation of Nigeria.
I am ready, but are you ready?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by somze(f): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2007
Orikinla:

If anyone is ready for Aluta, let me know.
I am not afraid to shed blood in a revolution for the reformation and transformation of Nigeria.
I am ready, but are you ready?

You are lucky this thread is not moderated, I wonder where the report to administrator's button is when you need one.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by willy4: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2007
This Ibori of a man, na now i know dey reason why my Ijaw friends hated him. dis man really finished Delta State.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by otokx(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2007
How much did they say he stole in total calculated in Dollars?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by gmcln(m): 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2007
The other day, the police stop me for driving 68mph on the betway 495 (WASHINGTON DC) in a 55mph zone.

I told the officer, 'look every one is going over 70mph or above' He said i can't catch everyone, but to put fear in your mind.

If you get caught u will get ticket.

The job of law enforcement is not to catch everyone but to put a culture of obeying the law.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2007
Sorry, I have to be a flip-flopper on this one.  Before EFCC or whatever goes after anyone----They have to start with the top robbers.  While I may not condone what Ibori did as any other governor did in Nigeria, it was a requirement for top politicians to be most corrupt and brazen in their efforts to run down Nigeria. These "honorable officials" were mandated by their "bosses" to loot.  If IBB or OBJ do not go down---all should be left standing then.  How can you leave the ring leaders and go after the small fries?

Are IBB and OBJ not enjoying the proceeds of their looting in blissfull retirement?  Even Atiku with all his town crying was not given any crediblity even where he had all the "cheques" to show for illegal OBJ transactions.  Please who is listening to these idiots?  Ibori should be allowed to enjoy his "Loot" too.  Clean slate starts now.  All past cows are sacred please!

Why in the world should someone like IBB be allowed to roam free and these fools are going after Ibori and co?  Like we are stupid or something.  We should keep killing our own brothers for crimes everyone is getting away with.  If there is any sweet wind--it should start now.  All past sinners should be granted parole like, IBB,OBJ, Tafa the Thief, Ehindero, Etteh, Uba, Atiku and so on and so forth.  Nigeria does not have the right to prosecute any past looters who where only doing what they were sworn to do---LOOT!!!!

If Nigeria wants to get serious--there needs to be new set of rules, starting afresh since it does not have to courage or intergrity to practice justice equitable to all. I repeat---ALL COWS REMAIN SACRED---Including Ibori!!!! Leave him the hell alone!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2007
Almondjoy

The only way I can find a reason for your argument is if one of these Governors is your relative.

I guess police should not also checkmate a local street robber if the likes of Shina Rambo have not been caught
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2007
McKren:

Almondjoy

The only way I can find a reason for your argument is if one of these Governors is your relative.

I guess police should not also checkmate a local street robber if the likes of Shina Rambo have not been caught

Actually not related to any of them.  We just have to get past this witch hunting and move on.   All the arrests made so far--what has come out of them?  We should just leave things as they are and stop all this waste of time and energy, since we cannot bring people to justice and make a difference.  I really thought Yaradua "Sweet Wind" was going to start from a clean slate.  No disappointment there, especially considering how he got to be president after campaigning without kidneys for only 3 months.  But It would pay us better to start from scratch and let the past go just as IBB has been let go.

IF IBB/OBJ GOES FREE----EVERYONE----I SAY EVERYONE IS FREE---ALL COWS ARE SACRED!!!  I could live with that.  I don't have to deceive myself that way that some bullshit EFCC is pretending to do some work.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2007
There is nothing more irritating than a flip-flopper.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2007
Sup Mckren? It's been a minute.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2007
Big B1:

There is nothing more irritating than a flip-flopper.

Look at this one! Why am I not surprised? At least the spell "you" and your "IBB" cast on some of us is no longer working.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2007
This outcome was predicted many many months ago.
The fight against corruption in Nigeria is absolutely senseless and will never never be fruitful as long as EFCC stays around.

EFCC is seriously suffering from selectivity syndrome, unprofessionalism, unfaithfulness, corruption, unlawfulness and lack of well defined mission/ vision.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by Mariory(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2007
Big B1:

This outcome was predicted many many months ago.
The fight against corruption in Nigeria is absolutely senseless and will never never be fruitful as long as EFCC stays around.

EFCC is seriously suffering from selectivity syndrome, unprofessionalism, unfaithfulness, corruption, unlawfulness and lack of well defined mission/ vision.

Keep playing that broken track. IBB's time will come. It is inevitable.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by IykeD1(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2007
What silliness? Only in Nigeria will you hear people say since war on corruption
has not snagged the former president of the country whom they accuse of being
the biggest perpetrator of corruption then it should cease. A lot of people really
needs their heads examined in Nigeria.

Let's assume your neighbors are being repeatedly robbed by armed-robbers and
each time they always manage to escape. You call the police and they always show
up after the robbers are gone. However, on one fateful day, your home is being
robbed and out of sheer coincidence (not diligence), the robbers are caught by the
police. I suppose you will inform the police to let them go since those that have
been robbing your neighbors are yet to be caught, right? I suppose you will actually
encourage the robbers to come back and rob you another day when the police won't
bother to be in the neighborhood, right?

Like someone said earlier, I don't know about the rest of you, but since I am from
Delta state, I have a vested interest in seeing that Ibori is behind bar if found guilty,
regardless whether OBJ, Atiku, IBB, etc. are still roaming free. I will want a situation
where the next governor of Delta will think twice before converting the state's funds
into his. With your kind of reasonings, is it any wonder why we are blessed with
morons like Etteh for leaders? . . . Some of you really need your heads checked!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2007
It is obvious that the selectivity strategy and OBJ's vindictive style of operation have hampered the progress of this organization.
I say eradicate the dilemma and the obstacle by abolishing EFCC; let's introduce a new  anti-Corruption Commission.

The implementation of the new Organization will prevent any attachment to any former leader and this will also hinder the former governors from using OBJ as an excuse or the reason for their arrest.

Without this, we will remain on the same point for the next 4 years.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2007
Big B1:

Sup Mckren? It's been a minute.

Whats up my man

Been a while
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2007
FYI: Ibori is not going anywhere; this is nothing, but a mere noise.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2007
We all know the solution, but we also love to be deceived and taken for a long ride over and over.

No disrespect and absolutely nothing personal; if progress is our goal, then EFCC has to be replaced immediately.

Or else, a lot of money and time will continue to be wasted with absolutely BIG ZERO at the end of the day.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2007
Prof Mckren:

How you dey? I hope you haven't started your new position with EFCC; 'cos this organization is about to be abolished.

On a real, I hope all is fine with you.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2007
Big B1:

I do agree with you that Nothing will happen to Ibori. On the level of desperation we have seen from the Presidency and Delta State Government.
If Ibori's fund are finally repratriated from London our "corruptrule of law" President will quickly claim he will hand the money to Delta State Government without any control check. You and I know what that means since Uduaghan is Ibori's cousin. This AGF may even arrange Presidential amnesty for Ibori and set him free of any convictions.

But what they can not revert is that the London ruling will make Ibori an International Criminal so the war against corruption is still worthwhile.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2007
Big B1:

Prof Mckren:

How you dey? I hope you haven't started your new position with EFCC; 'because this organization is about to be abolished.

On a real, I hope all is fine with you.

President Yaradua will not take that risk.

We know all about their dodgy and clandestine motives against Ribadu/EFCC including the plot to introduce a parallel pseudo-Anti-corruption agency so as to render EFCC obsolete.

But the truth is, Anti-Corruption has grown bigger than Ribadu or EFCC. It is more of an ideology right now in the politics of Nigeria and is proving to be the greatest political division in the history of Nigeria. (greater than the previous Ethnic and political devides)

Those for and those against the battle to genuinely win the Anti-corruption war. we are not unmindful of the fact that the Presidency is not on the side of Nigerians in this current war and a message has been sent to President Yaradua through Oshiomole Adams yesterday. he said "There is no in-between, you are either for or against"

If the Presidency scraps the EFCC, the commission will simply transform from a Government Agency to an NGO. Thank God the commission can boast of international funding. The movement that will metamorphose from that will sweep off whatever Micheal Aondoakaa and Yaradua wish to conjure against Nigerians.

People are simply not guaging the mood of Nigerians

Meanwhile not sure where the title Prof came from?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by chidichris(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2007
i hate to hear people say ibb's time will come hence i ask when?
i hate to hear people say we must start from somewhere. every country has constitution and this constitution is for all. if ribadu is saying we do not want oposition to exist, then we can call it war against oposition but if he is fighting corruption, then let him kill mr corruption and the children will run but leaving objects for shadows will only end up decieving us and multiply corruption at the end of the day.
kill 1000 kalu and iboris will not lead nigeria anywhere but catch one obj or tonny annenih and everyother looter in nigeria will know it is not business as usual.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by IykeD1(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2007

hate to hear people say ibb's time will come hence i ask when?
i hate to hear people say we must start from somewhere. every country has constitution and this constitution is for all. if ribadu is saying we do not want oposition to exist, then we can call it war against oposition but if he is fighting corruption, then let him kill mr corruption and the children will run but leaving objects for shadows will only end up decieving us and multiply corruption at the end of the day.
kill 1000 kalu and iboris will not lead nigeria anywhere but catch one obj or tonny annenih and everyother looter in nigeria will know it is not business as usual.

The wise one, what's your solution? Do nothing until OBJ is brought to book, even if it takes
another 3 or 5 years? Lets assume that he is guilty as hell but EFCC or Yar Adua refuses to
touch him on account of past loyalty, are you still suggesting for nothing to be done about
corruption in Nigeria at all? I wish I could nominate you as the next Speaker of the house.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2007
Iyke-D:

The wise one, what's your solution? Do nothing until OBJ is brought to book, even if it takes
another 3 or 5 years? Lets assume that he is guilty as hell but EFCC or Yar Adua refuses to
touch him on account of past loyalty, are you still suggesting for nothing to be done about
corruption in Nigeria at all?
I wish I could nominate you as the next Speaker of the house.

These are the questions I ask the myopic people who demonize Ribadu and rubbish the progress made by the EFCC. We couldnt achieve 100% probity overnight, because the people at the very top -OBJ & co- were (and are still) criminals. In the meantime we had to start from somewhere which is just what Ribadu smartly did, selectively or otherwise.

It's a pity Yar'Adua doesn't have any liver at all and he thinks the way forward is to kill the EFCC. If he goes ahead to do that he's going to drag us back a hundred years, because peeps will just start taking any amount of money, Ibori-style, left right and center, you know, stealing with both hands.  grin   

Then we might as well start praying for the oil to finish very fast so that each tribe can go their own way and actualise their destinies as they see fit.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 2:11am On Nov 01, 2007
The problem here is the fact that we clearly know the solution, but we intentionally continue to miscalculate, because Ribadu is such a great man.

There is nobody against Rabidu, the war against corruption is absolutely bigger and deeper than Ribadu. The man remains one of a kind and an incredible Nigerian who has done his best. There is a bench mark to everything, I'm sorry to inform you guys that Ribadu can not and will not pass this mark; and this doesn't mean he's a bad person. The fact remains clear that the obstacles are overwhelming and extremely intangible.

It isn't about OBJ, Ribadu or anybody; it's about Nigeria and all Nigerians.
If moving forward is our goal, then we must find an effective and efficient strategy to successfully fight corruption in Nigeria, because EFCC is absolutely not the answer.

I predict that sooner or later folks we wake up and EFCC will be abolished.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 2:57am On Nov 01, 2007
Iyke-D:

corruption in Nigeria at all?
I wish I could nominate you as the next Speaker of the house.

Oh Please! That is the problem with we southerners in general. I have to bring in a tribal element because I believe I am justified in doing just that. You kill yourselves after being used to do some dirty jobs and call it justice. You call it past loyalties? Hmmmmmmmm! You are wrong. You may need to think in terms of present and future loyalties because that is the reality of Nigerian politics. Yes, nothing should be done, since nothing has ever been done. So lets cut out the red bull and see things the way they are.

All must go or none should go. Who believes in your judicial system of scapegoatism? Please if IBB walks free--all, I REPEAT, all should walk. Let stop deceiving ourselves please.

As for the speaker of the house issue---I do not sleep with apes to secure employment, so thanks for the offer!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 3:09am On Nov 01, 2007
chidichris:

i hate to hear people say ibb's time will come hence i ask when?[/b]i hate to hear people say we must start from somewhere. every country has constitution and this constitution is for all.

if ribadu is saying we do not want oposition to exist,[b] then we can call it war against oposition
but if he is fighting corruption, then let him kill mr corruption and the children will run but leaving objects for shadows will only end up decieving us and multiply corruption at the end of the day.

My sentiments exactly.  Till Ribadu kills all the "southerners" and leaves the "Morrocan invaders" to keep ravaging Nigeria, then we can all swear by Popeye his is "fighting" corruption indeed.

Big B1:

Oh? So you know?
Then why the pungent flatulence from Ribadu's arse?  I see you like to smell it?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2007
BigB1

What organisations or agencies in Nigeria did you benchmark the EFCC against Is it not suspect to attempt to reform one of the two agencies actually working in Nigeria when their are loads of Government agencies and institutions performing abyssmally and begging for reforms??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters / America Opens Its Doors For Igbo And Hausa Speakers, Why? / Kano Attack........personal Belongings Of Worshippers Picx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.