Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit (3353 Views)

Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / How Diezani Laundered Looted Money, Her Accomplices Revealed - Sahara Reporters / Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2007
Mckren: Questions for you

Why do you think EFCC as an organization continues to struggle day after day?
In spite of the big talk and worthless noise of the EFCC before May29th, how come 99% of the governors are still walking freely and living large?
When do you think EFCC will become an effective organization? Year 2020? Exactly how long is it going to take?
And finally, what do you think about selectivity style of operation of EFCC? Is there anything wrong at-all?

Look, Mckren, I do not know what you do for a living, but in a real world if you can not produce within a reasonable time frame; you will be replaced. This is universally normal, except in Nigeria.

Looting government funds by the governors is exceptionally apparent in Nigeria, and one doesn't need to be a scientist to fish out all these thieves. But as we all know, Mr.EFCC can not get his job done because of the obvious obstables created by his former boss.

The benchmark is visible, and the imperceptibleness of the encumbrance is drastic; hence, waste no more time and money, EFCC can not and will not pass this point.
As the president of Nigeria, replacing EFCC with a stable and unprejudiced entity would have been my first project.
This is the only solution; and I predict that sooner or later this solution will be implemented.

Nothing personal; Ribadu is a great man, but it's about Nigeria as a nation and it's time to move on to bigger and better things.
EFCC is absolutely not the answer.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by chidichris(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2007
Iyke -D,
i don't care what name u call me but what i am saying is if we want to fight corruption let us do that without fear or favour.
do u ever ask yourself how many ministers participated in the last eight years of obj leadership? and how many of them have been questioned since they left office? how many people at the federal level have been questioned since may 29th?
how do u believe in the story that abacha was the only corrupt past president of nigeria?
tell me among the top echolon in nigeria who is sane enough to fight corruption.
look at obj, always abusing journalists and openly waving cases of corruption as he did in the case of chris uba and the then anambra gov who was forced out of office.
look at adedidbu, he is corruption, look at tony annenih, he is bigger than any put in nigeria as no put is big enough to cook him according to him and that is the realities on ground.
look at adenuga, just coming back from his efcc forced exile in ghana, adedibu have done everything a madman can do and still remain untouchable so who do u want touch?
my position on this type of war against corruption will not change things but i want to assure you that this type of war will never reduce but multiply.
no matter how u look at it, the politicians are very clever so if been loyal is all that is required to do anything u like and get away with it, they will start worshiping the president so that they will be protected afterall andy was loyal and and was caught on money laundary and nothing happened to him till date. is that the type of war we are fighting.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2007
Why do you think EFCC as an organization continues to struggle day after day?

The answer is simple, they are currently struggling because they have been made to report to a man who has a history of defending corruption and who even instituted a court case for the agency to be scrapped.

Do you think NAFDAC will function any better if the agency is made to report to those who attacked Akunyili's life by may be appointing the man who plotted the death of Akunyili as Health Minister?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by IykeD1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2007
chidichris

So your answer to all you listed above is to maintain the status quo? Don't bother with
prosecuting any governor until OBJ, Anenih, and everyone else on your list is brought to
book in the right sequence? If OBJ compromised the EFCC, what is Yar Adua's excuse?

I frankly can't make any sense out of what you guys are advocating. If I get you guys
correctly, we are not serious about corruption until it snags OBJ. Why stop with OBJ? Why
not continue to Abdulsalami Abubakar, then IBB, and all the various mililtary governors
and ministers that were part of their administrations? I believe that will include a good
number of the members of the House and Senate today. Will that satisfy you? Pray, tell
me how you plan to go about achieving that feat and not bring the country to a halt?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2007
Mckren:

It is what it is, EFCC is part of the problems Nigeria as a nation is up against (Fact).

There is absolutely no such thing as "war against corruption" in Nigeria
We should try "war against the insubordinate ones" (the ones that did not listen to OBJ's command)

Nigeria will move forward as soon as the real war against corruption is introduced.

For now, let's chill and watch our government waste money and time chasing the invisible men (pure ZERO).
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
You do not get it!  As long as the present government of cut out from the previous ones--don't expect anything to change.  We need a new start.  Till then lets accept things the way they are and stop chasing shadows.  You expect Yaradua to do something about OBJ and IBB?   Let them start from the North and sanitize the whole of Nigeria down to the south.  

The codes of corruption conduct started with the Arewa forum and so until something is done about that--I don't think EFCC has any business persecuting any southerner when their own kinsmen are sitting pretty in Minna and Sokoto.  Same treatment for all.  ll or nothing.

Big B1:

Mckren:

It is what it is, EFCC is part of the problems Nigeria as a nation is up against (Fact).

There is absolutely no such thing as "war against corruption" in Nigeria
We should try "war against the insubordinate ones" (the ones that did not listen to OBJ's command)

Nigeria will move forward as soon as the real war against corruption is introduced.

For now, let's chill and watch our government waste money and time chasing the invisible men (pure ZERO).

My sentiments exactly. When the visible ones are riding on horse backs all over Nigeria establishing a deeper heritage of corruption behind the whole of Nigeria's back.  Whom do they think they are fooling? --gullible southerners of course that can never see reason even if they are sitting on it.

How many Northerners has Ribadu gone after?  How many weaterners has Ribadu gone after?  Atiku has vanished into the thin air like nothing happened.  Like looting started and ended in the South South and Middle Belt.  Arewa-Oduduwa conspiracy.

I say Ibori, Alams, Kalu, Egwu and so on should not be touched while IBB and OBJ are still free to  enjoy what they have stolen--which is 1 million times more than these errand boys from the south south being used as scape goats--after doing all the dirty work.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by McKren(m): 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2007
Some comments are not worth replying to

Goodbye guys, not sure why no one wants to say "fight against corruption will start when Yakubu Gowon has been probed" or Lord Lugard even.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 3:48pm On Nov 01, 2007
Goodbye!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by IykeD1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2007

Some comments are not worth replying to

Goodbye guys, not sure why no one wants to say "fight against corruption will start when Yakubu Gowon has been probed" or Lord Lugard even.

Maybe we should even probe the Queen or whoever commissioned Lord Lugard to begin the experiment
called Nigeria. Will that satisfy you guys?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2007
I dont understand why almondjoy keeps putting a tribal slant to the anti-corruption crusade. Nothing could be further from the truth.

We all know who the untouchables from the 4th republic are and why they've been placed above the law, everything can be traced back to the politics of the PDP governors' adoption of Yar'Adua as consensus candidate. Lucky Igbinedion was arguably the worst performing governor in the last eight years and not so much as one single allegation of corruption has been officially proffered agains him. Ditto for Peter Odili. The roots of this problem lie much deeper than that.

Yar'Adua will not be able to fight corruption properly until he is able to properly dispose of all those cases pending against him at the election tribunals.

@ Big B1 you keep advocating the dissolution of the EFCC. What gives you the impression that a freshly constituted anticorruption body will succeed where EFCC is failing? Note I've used "failing", continuous tense and not "failed", final past tense. It's not over for the EFCC yet. All we need to remove/neutralise are certain people (OBJ et al) who have Nigeria in a chokehold and are refusing to let go.

I state here and I boldly stand to be contradicted by anybody on this forum: EFCC has never been compromised at all, all they are being forced to do is to sit on their hands while the thieves enjoy the pilfered funds. They have cases in the cooler against virtually everyone that stole during the past eight years of Obasanjo's kleptocracy, all that is required is a lot of boldness and courage on the part of Yar'Adua. If he gives them the go-ahead, even Obasanjo will be behind bars within a month.

If Yar'Adua knows he doesnt have the courage let him turn in his resignation. There are countless other honest Nigerian technocrats with public records even cleaner than his own, who can get us to the promised land. But first we need to get all these thieves behind bars and retrieve much of the stolen money to serve as deterrent to would-be treasury looters.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2007
I state here and I boldly stand to be contradicted by anybody on this forum: EFCC has never been compromised at all, all they are being forced to do is to sit on their hands while the thieves enjoy the pilfered funds.

Absolutely Pointless!
You need to first understand the true meaning of the word "compromise" before using it.

The main reason why war against corruption is not working in Nigeria is pretty simple, but many prefer to continue to intentionally miscalculate and unnecessarily make things complicated.
Reasons:
1. The involvement of OBJ
2. Too many are too corrupt for too long (don't you know than it becomes very difficult to throw stone when your entire family also resides in the same glass house?).
The war against corruption in Nigeria is much bigger and deeper than EFCC; if this organization is not immediately abolished, we will remain here talking about the same old story over and over for the next 4 years with absolutely nothing tangible to hold on to.

Just wait and see.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by chidichris(m): 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2007
Iyke-D,
in a more lucid manner, i am here to tell you that as long as this so called war on corruption is one sided, there will be no head way.
if they want to leave the old fools out of it, i don't have anything against that as obj openly told nigerians and oyo people to manage and tolorate adedibu bcs he is too old to be reformed. i am of the school of thought that believe that if bcs of age adedibu can do anything he likes and get away with it, everyother person of his age is entitle to do same and enjoy same.
by the way, since the inception of this war(one sided war) how do you rate the progress? is corruption on the increase or decrease? we are increasing as the only difference here is a change of style as u must belong to the obj camp to be a master of the game.
the arrest of our 36 gov and their prosecution will not solve the problems as long as the federal thieves are intact but i bet u, if ribadu brings down one of these big trees, nobody will wait till it gets to him.
by the way, Iyke, who told you these govs are not paying tites at the federal levels? did you hear about turaki's testimony confessing that he spent the state's funds on third term.
ribadu's much attention on the states creates such impression as the states are more corrupt than aso rock which is not true.
Iyke, what happened to atiku's case? why did okonjo iweala resign? why was iweala removed from the ministry of finance? who was andy uba before 1999 and who is he today? have u ever seen an adedibu in ur whole life exist in any gov especially the one fighting corruption? pls tell me mR. Iyke, who is the pilot of the war plane fighting corruption?-OBj? who is the pilot of april pollls? the same obj? what can be more corrupt than april polls?
in ur own understanding, how many contracts awarded by obj were cancelled by yar adua on the bases of illegalities? it is so painful that the so called war on corruption does not answer any of my questions but Iyke, i will be happy if u can answer at least half of these questions
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by IykeD1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2007
chidichris

I understand you are very bitter with PDP, OBJ, et al, but taking the position you are
advocating is equivalent to saying those people are bigger than Nigeria itself. If your
beef is that OBJ's war against corruption was one sided, why not raise hell and get Yar
Adua to balance that war? Is that too had to understand? Is the solution to hamper
the EFCC or use it to make a difference in wherever it was lacking before?

And I repeat myself for the 5th time, if Yar Adua refuses to go after OBJ for whatever
reason know to him, should the war on corruption come to an end simply because of
one man? Does that make sense at all? The country had lost a lot in the past, so we
should allow the trend to continue simply on account of one man? What if this man
dies, should we still continue to fold our hands since he was never brought to justice?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2007
@Iyke-D:

You haven't answered any of the questions and this is why Nigeria as a country continues to move backward. Nobody is willing or bold enough to take the responsibility.
You've exhibited the same syndrome.

We continue to elude the obvious by dancing around the questions. This isn't dancing competition, answer the questions.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by BigB11(m): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2007
Mr. Mckren:
I've asked you 6 questions; you partially answered just one, your favorite one and then disappeared like a fake smoke.

What happened?
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2007
ziddy:

I don't understand why almondjoy keeps putting a tribal slant to the anti-corruption crusade. Nothing could be further from the truth.

We all know who the untouchables from the 4th republic are and why they've been placed above the law, everything can be traced back to the politics of the PDP governors' adoption of Yar'Adua as consensus candidate. Lucky Igbinedion was arguably the worst performing governor in the last eight years and not so much as one single allegation of corruption has been officially proffered agains him. Ditto for Peter Odili. The roots of this problem lie much deeper than that.

Yar'Adua will not be able to fight corruption properly until he is able to properly dispose of all those cases pending against him at the election tribunals.

@ Big B1 you keep advocating the dissolution of the EFCC. What gives you the impression that a freshly constituted anticorruption body will succeed where EFCC is failing? Note I've used "failing", continuous tense and not "failed", final past tense. It's not over for the EFCC yet. All we

need to remove/neutralise are certain people (OBJ et al) who have Nigeria in a chokehold and are refusing to let go.
I state here and I boldly stand to be contradicted by anybody on this forum: EFCC has never been compromised at all, all they are being forced to do is to sit on their hands while the thieves enjoy the pilfered funds. They have cases in the cooler against virtually everyone that stole during the past eight years of Obasanjo's kleptocracy, all that is required is a lot of boldness and courage on the part of Yar'Adua. If he gives them the go-ahead, even Obasanjo will be behind bars within a month.

If Yar'Adua knows he doesnt have the courage let him turn in his resignation. There are countless other honest Nigerian technocrats with public records even cleaner than his own, who can get us to the promised land. But first we need to get all these thieves behind bars and retrieve much of the stolen money to serve as deterrent to would-be treasury looters.

Ribadu made it a tribal issue not I. I am only voicing my concerns on what I see before me. And you have done the same thing Ribadu continues to do till today---------Point your radar to the "southern looters." Igbinedion, and Odili---Can you point your radar to other areas in Nigeria also? To the people who gave them the "mandate" to loot. The reason I say fighting corruption is a bloody waste of time. See how many cases are pending-clogging up the judicial system. Delay tactics used to "step aside" pertinent issues. Rubbish.

Keep waiting for Yaradua to do something about OBJ and IBB. When it is obvious who put him in power with only 3 months of campaigning. "A FALCON CAN NEVER KILL A FALCONER"---let me tell you.

Iyke-D:

chidichris

I understand you are very bitter with PDP, OBJ, et al, but taking the position you are
advocating is equivalent to saying those people are bigger than Nigeria itself. If your
beef is that OBJ's war against corruption was one sided, why not raise hell and get Yar
Adua to balance that war? Is that too had to understand? Is the solution to hamper
the EFCC or use it to make a difference in wherever it was lacking before?

And I repeat myself for the 5th time, if Yar Adua refuses to go after OBJ for whatever
reason know to him, should the war on corruption come to an end simply because of
one man? Does that make sense at all?
The country had lost a lot in the past, so we
should allow the trend to continue simply on account of one man? What if this man
dies, should we still continue to fold our hands since he was never brought to justice?

Please stop deceiving yourself and those who care to be deceived. THERE IS NO WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA!!!!! Please wake up and smell the "bitter wind"!!!! People like you will continue to be brainwashed. That is just too bad!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by IykeD1(m): 12:31am On Nov 02, 2007
@BigB1

I will attempt to answer your question when you answer mine. So far all
I hear you say is scrap EFCC and replace it with some yet to be named
agency and with some yet to be name head that will not be "influenced"
politically in any way. How naive and amateurish is that? I suppose you
plan on getting that started from thin air?

@almondjoy

I may be brainwashed, but you really do sound confused. For all I care, the
rest of Nigeria can ethnicize corruption, but there is no way I am going to
give a Delta state governor a pass because others are doing so when I
know what those loot could mean for the people of the state. I frankly have
no idea what you stand for, not that it matters anyway. Lets scream and
make gra-gra as usual (thats what Nigerians are best known for besides
419), maybe when they finally steal your generator it will dawn on you.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by almondjoy(f): 1:20am On Nov 02, 2007
I stand for the type of equity and justice that is not selective since you can't see that. I guess we would be asking too much or living in a dream world. Let's just say I just woke up and who cares really? I am sure things will work themselves out as usual.

Fine.  Nothing more to add then.  Let me sit back and enjoy the comedy without the "gra gra" as you rightly put it.

Enjoy!
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by chidichris(m): 4:22am On Nov 02, 2007
Iyke-D,
maybe u will understand in this way, what they are fighting is not a war against corruption rather a war against opositions.
obj seized about 52 oil wells in his bid to frustrate orji uzo kalu for voicing out the marginalisation of the easterners especially the dangerious states of eastern roads and that has been his major crime against obj but today yar adua has relaesed most of the oil wells to the abia people-what do u think?
ribadu siezed the sun newspaper company that belonged to kalu and then hand it over to the federal gov, why? if kalu stole money from abia state, anything seized from him shld be given to his state who are surposed to be the original owners or what do u think? kalu's airline was refused license in nigeria and since then it has been serving elsewhere as a presidential jet without any record of air misharp while the authorised airlines in nigeria have been proving their worths to nigeria. i hope u get that?
why will borrishade mess up the education sector in nigeria and instead of resigning he was shifted to eviation ministry and his tenure recorded the highest number of air-misharps yet he was shifted to the information ministry. must such a mess be a minister or was nigeria lacking in man power that he was retained as a minister?
loots recoveries, how has the money recovered from the abacha and co loots helped nigeria positively in the past eight years and who is sure of where the recovered funds are?
do u believe that all the political office holders between 1999 and 2007 have houses and investments abroad even against their oats of office?
i would want to make it clear to u that even if nigerians unianimously agree not to probe obj, there more than a million other politicians arround him that can lead nigeria to the promise land that is if ur efcc probe them.
if u call what we have in nigeria war against corruption, it means robert mugabe of zimbabwe is equally fighting corruption in his country, it means abacha fought corruption in nigeria through the bamiyis, it means buhari and ibb did same through their war and indicipline and corruption.
the issue here is not fighting or playing but to what extent has this gone to change the society.
does it not sound funny that in a war against corruption, some people have immunity and as such license to commit crimes.
no wonder obj made it open that the april polls was a do or die affairs and went ahead to select politicians and advise others to withdraw of face efcc.
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by somze(f): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2007
Nigerians can be so biased!

So Orji Ujor Kalu is now a saint, forget he did nothing in Abia and all the money he looted.

Look truth is they're all corrupt, EFCC is not just the answer to this mayhem, I think they is a thread for the solution to this problem, i'm heading there jare
Re: How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit by otokx(m): 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2007
Abeg where is that thread?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters / Africa Slow Progress In Human Development / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Transformation Agenda Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.