Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures (16873 Views)

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) / ::unaab Mini Campus Moves To Permanent New Site - Construction Works Begin Immed / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Douglasdale(m): 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
ACM10:

Brother, these works are fuckkked! Let's stop all these stup!d praise-singing.

Your English is bleeped.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2012
Douglasdale: [color=#770077][/color]

Your English is bleeped.

Do I really care?

I'm ok with that since I'm able to convey my message in an understandable form.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2012
Douglasdale: [color=#770077][/color]

Your English is bleeped.

Douglasdale: Which of ur money is he wasting. Do u know d numba of pips in lagos state. Can u imagine the numba of projects he is embarking on. Have u being to cele bus stop and see the bridge thats bin built, what abt apapa, can u imagine the numba of roads bin constructed in apapa, eric moore, etc. What abt the Brt system. The 8 lanes badagry exp way, the metro line rail system, the major water works bin built in my area. The sanitization of the polity. The Psp refuse collectors, the laying of the astro turf in the teslim balogun stadium. I cud go on and on and on, this projects cant be imagined in other states in 9ja, but u sit an critize the gov. What has d fed. Gov done to beta ur life, everybody cant be rich, corruption is in our blood and wil always be. But encourage some1 when he does something rit.

Hey my new English teacher!

Can you pick the bullets from the post above?
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by oraclefemi(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
ABEG pls commend the guy at least he is trying , even if he builds classrooms as long as he his giving education a priority then every one should shut up, nothing ever satisfies us,graduates will come out of that school and become someone in life..appreciate little changes .
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by sandysprax(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
Pls whoever is got more detailed pixs should post it.I'm interested in how this project eventually turns out.I'm an alumni of the Uni and those days at Owerri wasn't easy at all.From having to pay very much for hostel accommodation compared to what our FUTO, NEKEDE and ALVAN counterparts where paying at the time to insecurity at the hostels.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2012
oraclefemi: ABEG pls commend the guy at least he is trying , even if he builds classrooms as long as he his giving education a priority then every one should shut up, nothing ever satisfies us,graduates will come out of that school and become someone in life..appreciate little changes .

Normally, I don't comment in a thread like this. But some aspects of the OP's comment drew my attention to the thread.
Marlboro1: Imo State's Action Governor Rochas Okorocha is making good his promise to build one of the best universities in the world in Ideator.
I hate it when the sensibility of casual observers like me are insulted. Imo people and by extension, Igbos were put to ridicule by his senseless use of hyperbole. Really, I expected something grand, something magnificient. Only to see a colourless project to my utter disappointment.

BTW, I'm not disputing the fact that Rochas is doing an incredibly good job in Imo with tight budget. But we should be careful and avoid any temptation to slide into overkill in our bid to hype his achievements
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by pistol: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2012
Am not anti rochas but the way and manner in which he took our collective heritage to his village without consultation and due process speaks volumes about his individualistic approach to issues.From the op's point of view,those buildings certainly doesnt look grandeur
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Marlboro1: 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2012
ACM10:

Normally, I don't comment in a thread like this. But some aspects of the OP's comment drew my attention to the thread.

I hate it when the sensibility of casual observers like me are insulted. Imo people and by extension, Igbos were put to ridicule by his senseless use of hyperbole. Really, I expected something grand, something magnificient. Only to see a colourless project to my utter disappointment.

BTW, I'm not disputing the fact that Rochas is doing an incredibly good job in Imo with tight budget. But we should be careful and avoid any temptation to slide into overkill in our bid to hype his achievements

He made a promise that he is actively working hard to fulfill and you cant even let him get beyond the initial skeletal work before heaping condemnation on him? Give me a break sir! I am with you however on his bombastic way of speaking. I would rather he speak like a real statesman rather than a man at local tombo joint. That manner of speaking puts him to ridicule and could hinder his future prospects as a national leader. In any case he is doing well for Imo State
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Sommy4u(f): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2012
emron1: i am a very proud son of the great mbaise but i would prefeer having the perm site in awka than the current hell hole we have as a university provided the new one would be great.
y awka Is imo in anambra state
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
All yu critics,get a life.Rochas carry on Ūя̲̅ good work!
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by kizito96(m): 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2012
Rochas is just using poor Imo People imagine Mgboko which cannot be traced in the map. All the promises was just because of the tribunal judgement with Ohakim, now that it is over, he has gone back to his trench. Never trust a man with no source of lively hood
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Mr9iceGuy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2012
in Imo we make good things happens, in 10 months, our govt hav achieved whzt other govt with huge fedral allawe was unable to achiev. IMO ONI BAJE OOO IMO ADO OKE hahhhahahhahaaha Ndi Abia sorrrrryyy ooooh
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by lacidi: 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2012
IMO State University cannot be sighted in Mbaise because it would be wrong to do so. Mbaise is in Owerri zone. All the higher institutions in IMO state are in Owerri zone, Alvan, FUTO and Fed Politechnic Nekede. So i support sighting the university some other place. NB I am from Owerri zone too.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by odumchi: 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2012
Ihe ri nma rima cool
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by igboboy1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
odumchi: Ihe ri nma rima cool

eziokwu
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
[quote author=obicentlis][/quote]

How do you mean second to none Is it in terms of structure or academics Either ways, I would advise you wait till the completion before you can conclude on its quality.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ministergh: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
shai.....my junior brother is school at prempeh college in Ghana and seriously.......students of that school will even laugh at this.prempeh is a senior high school but the structures are world class. what be this?
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by member479760: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2012
nice construction!
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Turbocharged: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2012
bittyend: [size=14pt]WHY IS AN AMERICAN FLAG ON THAT BILLBOARD??

NIGERIANS AND THEIR SLAVE MENTALITY - WTF IS AN AMERICAN FLAG DOING ON THE BILLBOARD? IS IMO STATE AN AMERICAN COLONY?[/size]

FYI, Imo State University was an offshoot of Nebraska State University in America. Go and read her history.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Bokoharam: 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2012
Rochas is a great man, who means well for the people of Imo State.

Go and ask Fmr Gov Ohakim, what he did in Imo, even to his home town Okohia, Isiala Mbano for 4 years. His town is pitiable. He only build a heliport right in his compound, and I hear he also has a Gulf course too in his house from lands he snatched from poor widows from his hometown. Some parts of his village do not have electricity up till now, not to talk about good raods.

I am not a politician, I do not know Rochas, neither am I from Orlu zone (where Rochas comes from), but let us for once appreciate people with good intention when it happens. Rochas reminds us all of Late Chief Sam Mbakwe.

May God bless Rochas.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by MrEverest(m): 2:21am On Mar 26, 2012
some people revel in crass ignorance, it beats my imagination on why a project that is stil at the foundation stage could be so judged with negativity, i'm a proud mbaiseman but i don't bother myself so much on were the universty is sited, so far it is world class, as our great governor has said. it would not reduce the status of mbaise as the most educationally advanced sub tribe in Nigeria if the university is built elsewhere. cool cool cool kudos to you my governor.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 26, 2012
when beta things fey happen, some rugged nigerians go dey lodge unnecessary complaints. Now na flag dem dey complain about! nawa for some people o. mtchew angry
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by 9zeros(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
Turbocharged:

FYI, Imo State University was an offshoot of Nebraska State University in America. Go and read her history.
sharrapp! it doesnt matter. n stop smokin w**d.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by igboboy1(m): 6:20am On Mar 27, 2012
Turbocharged:

inferority complex dey worry u...who gives a rat @$$ if IMSU is an offshoot of Nebraska uni? Anuofia u must want an american connection before u have a better self esteem of yourself.....
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by TheHeartlander: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
igbo boy:

inferority complex dey worry u...who gives a rat @$$ if IMSU is an offshoot of Nebraska uni? Anuofia u must want an american connection before u have a better self esteem of yourself.....

So what has Nebraska brought us?

Visit: The Heartlander for Latest Imo State News

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution / Scholarship! Scholarship!! Scholarship!!! / Invisible Teacher By Dele Ashade For Jamb Use Of English ...where Can I Get It L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.