Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,555 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? (3536 Views)

How To Show Your Girlfriend How Much You Care (for Guys) METHOD 2 / Ladies How Do I Teach My Girlfriend How To Dance Bend Your Back Dance? (pic) / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by drealone: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2007
I told my girlfriend how much i earn,how much i bought my car and she gets too demanding.If i refuse to give she complains and we fight a lot.The last time i asked her why she likes seeing me she said because shes going to get money from me.Can you please share your view
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by Easybaby(f): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2007
Which view? . Givers never lack! undecided
Beside, she is your babe . . . you can't eat your cake and have it . . .pls, invest in her grin

Goodluck! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by klassyguy(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2007
I would rather the babe likes me for who i am and not for what i can give her. If she finds out that i'm a pauper and still wants to stay by me, fine, we'll build a life together and when the money comes rolling in, no one can stop me from telling her what i earn and what i'm worth, but if she wants to stay by me because of the money i have and fights when i refuse to buy er things, i'll rather kick her out.
As for your babe, she's a gold digger who will not bat an eyelid or think twice about leaving you if and when things aren't so rosy. Get rid of her fast. That's my two cents in.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by rockiedink(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2007
EasybBaby na wah for you o!!! make the babe dey chop am go with no recourse to how dem go plan for their future if and when dem get married! i wonder what your man thinks of you if that's the attitude you put up.

guy i'm not saying you should hide your worth from your girl, afterall she's your girl. but if she makes it absolutely clear that all she's out for is to eat your hard earned cash (even if na yahoo u dey do, u dey use ya brain, no be so? grin) i'll advise you to not be lenient with her but drop her like a hot potato! two can play the game you know! cool
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by yimiton(f): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2007
I have always been of the opinion that partners should know how much the other is worth so that both of you can plan together.
If your girlfriend is sincer and genuinly wants this relationship, I guess she'll rather let you both invest in things that will be worthwhile in the long run rather than to go on a shopping spree with your money.
What you should do is not just to tell her how much you're worth but exactly what you think both of you should do with the money. Make sure to include her in your plans and ask for her suggestions.
On the other hand, a lot of women become demanding on their man when they feel threatened, like 'if i don't spend his money, he'll spend it on someone else!'
If you're not that type, sit her down, have a good talk and tell you what, every woman is very good with planning and investing. Just let her be a part of your plans for the future and see how much better that will be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by iice(f): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2007
Depends on the type of woman
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by opokonwa(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2007
The question is:

Is It Good To Tell Anyone How Much You Worth?

I think your girlfriend is pretty honest 'cause most of them won't tell you.

You made a mistake man.

But if you ask me, the real problem is not just about telling her how much you earn.

The real problem to me is that YOU HAVE NOT MANAGED THAT RELATIONSHIP PROPERLY.

This issue is only one of the products.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by lilrukevwe(m): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2007
wat love can do
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by lilrukevwe(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2007
wat love can do
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by OduduwaSon: 3:14am On Nov 01, 2007
drealone:

I told my girlfriend how much i earn,how much i bought my car and she gets too demanding.If i refuse to give she complains and we fight a lot.The last time i asked her why she likes seeing me she said because shes going to get money from me.Can you please share your view

Oh boy run, which kind girl be this one. My friend if you fight becoz you refuse 2 give her money then she's obviously after ur money, and the day you are down, you will see her in the next man's BMW. Carry go my friend, she doesn't deserve your transparency and honesty.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by samsilo(m): 5:21am On Nov 01, 2007
i
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by samsilo(m): 5:22am On Nov 01, 2007
@Easybabe and co .
   There is a typical problem in Naija caused by poverty.In places like the UK where men and women have almost equal opportunities only a handful of lazy women care about what a guy has.As far as the guy is not a lazy lout and earns enough to care for himself they don't care what you have.
  But in Naija most girls date guys for money,so if you want to sleep with a girl let her know how much you are worth ,but know that if the relationship continues she will "tax" you endlessly.
In other words be wise and don't do it
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by zubinike(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
yimiton:
I have always been of the opinion that partners should know how much the other is worth so that both of you can plan together.
If your girlfriend is sincer and genuinly wants this relationship, I guess she'll rather let you both invest in things that will be worthwhile in the long run rather than to go on a shopping spree with your money.
What you should do is not just to tell her how much you're worth but exactly what you think both of you should do with the money. Make sure to include her in your plans and ask for her suggestions.
On the other hand, a lot of women become demanding on their man when they feel threatened, like 'if i don't spend his money, he'll spend it on someone else!'
If you're not that type, sit her down, have a good talk and tell you what, every woman is very good with planning and investing. Just let her be a part of your plans for the future and see how much better that will be.

Are you married?
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by Habib101: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2021
drealone:
Not a fan of that
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Girlfriend How Much You Worth? by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 02, 2021
First...

I don't think anyone (except your wive/husband) should know how much you're earning...

It's not necessary...
What will she do with this information other than demand from you?? Is she helping you plan your finances in other to help you achieve your goals??

Now that she knows how much you're earning, she's already helping you to plan your money, she has already planned how much her own share is and now that you're not complying, it's causing issues...

And besides sef, which kind entitlement mentality be this one?!!!

She didn't give you money to keep for her, so why would she get mad when you refuse to give it to her??

Its your cash, your choice...
If you don't want to spend on her, then don't...

OP you had better kick her outta your life for your own peace of mind...

(1) (Reply)

Disvirgined From Birth,is It True? / Guys How Do U Feel When Your Girlfriend Pollutes? / What's That Annoying Thing You Want Girls To Stop Doing In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.